RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)

Go down 
+12
JL
Drake Ferrox
Aphrodisiac
Frankenstein Joe
Skylight
Tsuteto
Dakir
Kaliot
CentralDogma
Ziplock80
DrGustave
Amber
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber

The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:40 pm

"Tsk tsk tsk. I know what you're trying to do, and it won't work. Maybe you didn't understand my question, though. I might be 'evil' according to... well, anyone, but I do make exceptions. Tell me what things you would rather not take part in, and I will try to find a place for you in the areas you have left. If there are any areas left, that is. I will not ask again."

Taking another drink of her Corpse Revival, she reaches in to one of her pockets and pulls out a check. If someone was perceptive enough, they might notice that the number is seven digits.

"All I need to do is write your name down and hand you this check, and you'll have more money than you'll ever know what to do with. But first you have to start telling me the truth, and failing that... I really will kill you."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:56 pm

Kasumi's eyes darted to the check and quickly back up to the woman. She examined the mental picture in her mind and realized the check truly was enough money than she would know what to do with. Her heart rate raised again, She's not kidding! She realized. "Ok, then." She said, "If that's the case, if a person has done nothing wrong to society, I have no quarrel with them. However, rich people who abuse their power at the expense of the poor," She paused for a moment, looking down at her drink, "Are certainly no friend of mine." She finished in a quieter voice.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:29 am

"Hah. Now there's a real answer. I have some questions for you to answer, then I will tell you my terms. I'd appreciate your silence until I'm entirely finished. Ready? Here we go. If I provided you proof of a company's CEO stealing money from his employees, or a headmaster abusing the students they oversee, would you have a problem stealing from him, or abusing the very same headmaster? And where exactly do you draw the line on murder? Do they have to be a serial killer, or would a lesser crime warrant their death?"

Placing the check back in one of her pockets, she takes another few sips of her drink before continuing.

"Here are my terms. Cashing that check is my form of a contract. As soon as the funds are transferred, you are effectively my employee, and mine alone. Should you look elsewhere for employment, you will be terminated. If you go against my orders without good reason, you will be terminated. If you don't complete some specific form of missions in a timely fashion, you will be terminated. If you tell anyone about your contract with me, you will be terminated. Only patrons of this bar are aware of what I do and who I am, and you'd be very wise to keep that information in this bar."

Yvaine finishes up her drink, tipping the glass upside down on the counter once she's done so.

"If you accept my offer, you will get one of my private cell phone numbers to contact me at, for work reasons only. I don't think you need to ask what will happen if you contact me for a non work matter. The amount on the check will be yours in full, as a bonus for signing over to me. Any jobs you choose to do in the future will also yield a profit, depending on the type of job. High profile assassinations will get you up to ten times more than is on that check, while stealing a low profile item will get you up to fifty times less. However, if you decline my offer... nothing will happen for now. I will let you leave the bar unharmed, and will even give you a small sum of money to get by on. You may attempt to find me here again if you reconsider, though my mood then may not be as generous as it is now. I think that's everything... so you may answer my questions and think on my terms for a little bit now."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:45 am

Her head shot up and, without hesitation she said, "I would not think twice about terrorizing someone who did those types of things to the people under them. Murder?" She thought for a moment, "No, I don't think a person would have to be that brutal for me to kill them. I could kill for a lesser insult." Did I really just say that? She thought to herself, The evil effects of money on the weak human mind. She really did need the money though, and it seemed that her employer would at least take her into account when giving her jobs.

Overall, it seemed like a pretty good deal. She'd have enough money to finally get off the streets and she was relatively autonomous, or so she thought. She could kill, she thought, how hard could it be? The real thing was the money. There was no way she could turn down such a generous offer, and she would be fighting against the people that she despised anyway.

She took a deep breath before making her final decision. she then said with absolute certainty, "Alright. I'll be your employee."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:56 am

"Great! I'll need your phone numbe as well, so I can contact you if I need anything specific done. I am still doubtful about your ability to kill someone, but we'll see how you do otherwise."

With that said, Yvaine pulls out the check and places it on the bar, and starts searching her pockets for a pen. Finding it, she quickly fills in Kasumi's name, the date, and signs it. Taking another piece of paper out of one of her many pockets, she quickly scribbles a phone number as well.

Handing both the check and phone number to Kasumi, she throws the pen towards the weird bard, hoping it hits him.

"Well, here you go. I'll let you call me to get your first few assignments before I start assigning anything, but remember that once you accept a job, all the terms apply."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:09 am

Kasumi pulled out her cell phone and quickly added the number to her contacts as she pocketed the check. She sent a quick text message to her new employer containing her phone number. "Got it." She said. "Thank you." She added, immediately regretting saying it. Seriously? Thank you? Ugh...I feel like I need a bath. She thought to herself. I just need to get out of here. She nodded to the woman and began to walk away.

She realized she didn't even know the name of the person she was working for. She decided it really didn't matter, seeing as the check in her pocket was calling her name. She finished her drink and put some Lien on at the bar. She made her way to the door thinking, I've got to find a bank.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:10 am

Dramatic entrance time!

Humming to herself, an off key dramatic tune Sora steps in and strikes a pose. Glorious Executioners strapped to her back, fake eyepatch over her left eye and boots that are somewhat too flamboyant for the lanky teenage frame they are on.

For a moment there is an awkward silence, just Sora humming to herself and then she stops, realising there was no dramatic cheers or chanting. Awkward! She looks about and grins a somewhat maniacal grin. Student? Maybe. Staff? Maybe. Ragtag and vagabond waif and stray? Yep!

"Alright! Time to do stuff! Maybe. Or pet ears! Maybe! Or do stuff while petting ears! Maybe!"
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:11 am

A pen comes flying from the bar, hitting Vates in the head. He looks up over his book and flicks his ears in annoyance, before starting up another song, just to annoy Yvaine. The first shots have been fired. Time for a counter-attack.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 am

Tsuteto listened to the conversation between the two as he searched for the item requested previous. He was positive the boss woman knew he was behind the bar, but she seemed to have no fears about him. Then again, he didn't go about trying to make himself a threat to others. Like his weapon's name, he aimed to be more silent about things until he was needed. All he could do was take note of Yvaine's affairs and be prepared to accept possible contracts later from the targets she designates, only as their protector instead. Granted, that might lead to potential hits on him later, but that'd be better then the shedding of blood for pointless reasons, like old Bill's.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:31 am

Sparing a glance at the guy in the trench coat, just to see if he had done ANYTHING during her entire conversation, she slowly withdraws Flaying Needle before heading over to that damn bard again.

Poking the tip of Needle against his forehead, she glances around as she hears yet another person enter the bar, this one looking like someone out to get made fun of.

What the hell is with all these kids tonight? Granted, one of them is now my employee, but still...

"You know, I was really hoping my warning would stick. Maybe you need one on every cheek, not just the visible ones. Or maybe I should just kill you so you can't bother me in the future. Really not sure what kind of mood I'm in now. On one hand, I killed that pain in the ass bartender... on the other hand, I have to deal with your pain in the ass. Damn. Any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:46 am

Of course Sora didn't care about other people's opinions of her. She lifts the eyepatch up, blatantly showing it to be completely fake as she sort of half walks, half dances in. No shame whatsoever. She's dressed more like someone meant to be out doing some sort of sporting event, short shorts and a loose buttoned shirt. Violet hair is brushed back roughly as she tries to figure out her plan.

"Ears. Ears ears ears..."
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:22 am

Vates flattens his ears against his head in an attempt to look sorry, which is doomed to failure due to the giant grin on his face. "Oh, come on. I was just looking to have a little fun." He leans forward and pops his ears back upright. "But if you feel you must, a little bit of punishment could make us both feel a bit better." His grin gets even bigger, and his eyes are twinkling with impure intentions.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:37 am

Yvaine watches Vates' ears move, envy slightly running through her brain before she responds. "Messing with me is not usually something people consider 'fun'. And my idea of punishment would probably leave you sleeping in an ice bath for a week to help restore all the damage I'd do. This will be strike two. Strike three and you'll be my little pet, and as much as you might like that... I can promise it won't be fun for you." She moves quickly, using Flaying Needle to mark Vates' forehead with another Y, leaving it barely bloody. Walking away from him, she calls over her shoulder, "Let's hope you don't make it to strike three... I'd almost feel bad about it."

On her way out of the bar, she pushes the weird half dancing, dressed up like a 5 year old girl out of her way, stepping on to the street.

Hmm... where to next?
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:40 am

Looking over at the two arguing by the music machine, he sighs before nodding, "Indeed. It seems this place is not exactly the place for me. Too many weapons used in fighting, plus I am pretty sure that half of the people here are as mentally unstable as a one-legged pirate walking a tightrope."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:02 am

She chuckled. "That's quite an interesting comparison!" She looked around the bar with a more serious face now. More people were now hanging around, and the woman who had killed the bartender seemed to be doing some "business". I should probably book it now before anything else happens. I can't exactly afford to get dragged into anything. Not now, anyway. Aurelia dropped her serious face as she turned back to Connla. She got up out of her seat. "I think things are starting to get a tad too hectic for me now as well." As if it wasn't already hectic when Bill had been killed. "We can walk together if you'd like." She brought up her bottle of rum next to her face to see how much of it she had drank.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:10 am

Going to stand as well, Connla gives her a quick checking over as he finished off the water, placing the glass back down as he speaks to her, taking out some keys, "My car is nearby. Could give you a lift if you want."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:28 am

Aurelia tilted her head for moment. Sure, why not? A little less walking would be nice. And of course there's this. She swirled around her rum again. "That's would actually be greatly appreciated."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:31 am

Twirling the keys on his finger quickly, he starts heading out the door before looking back at her, "So where you heading?"
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:46 am

She was about to say that she was headed back to her apartment as she had to get to bed soon for she had important matters to attend to the next day, but she bit her tongue as she realized where she still was. It didn't hurt to be too cautious around this crowd. She decided that she could not go straight home. "How about The Cottage?" It's close to home, and I do have some business I can take care of there. She gave herself a nod of accomplishment as she deemed her plan to be flawless.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:59 am

"That's not that far from where I am heading actually. Course I can drive you there." With that he would walk out the door and to the golden Sports car, the paint as radiant of the light as his armour. Unlocking it, he would get inside and turn on the engine, awaiting the passenger to get in as the radio stays off for now.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:13 am

Aurelia admired Connla's car as she walked towards the passenger door. My favorite color! What a nice surprise. She slid into the passenger seat, placing her bottle of rum on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:39 am

Making sure she is fully secured before he so much as puts his foot on the pedal, he drives off just shot of the speed limit, the engine barely heard from inside despite the exterior noise sounding like a formula one car had just drove an inch away from their face.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 5:15 am

((oMG soryy sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry. I was kind of in the mood there....uhh yea))
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 5:32 am

((There.. All **** edited. Hope your ****** happy because I quit))
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:39 am

Commotion. That was all Tsuteto found tonight instead of the peace and quiet he normally had. Guess he just picked the right month to swing by in the past. Giving a sigh, he perked up a little when he found his original intent behind the counter. Grabbing it, he stood up and set it in front of the girl he had aimed to help, who had gone silent. He wasn't sure if it was from all that was going on, but nonetheless, he said, "One sulfur dioxide, no rocks." After that, he grabbed a nearby broom and started to tidy up the place a bit.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:57 am

OOC: What's better, orange text and red speech, or red text and orange speech?

IC:

Amidst all the talking, chatting, entering and exiting, a man in a long trenchcoat, a hat that covered almost all the face you could see and a mask that stopped you from recognizing the remaining.

The man was anonymous, and that was what everybody here was looking for.

Eyes squinted. Slight gaps in conversations before picking up as people turned, gazed for a second, gears winding in their head trying to figure out whether this guy was an unfortunate dolt who had worn the wrong clothes or if this was the guy who had pulled out the posters.

He sat down in the corner farthest to the staff area, pulled out a piece of paper, and slammed it against the wall, loud enough for everyone to hear. Conversations died out, slowly, until the only sounds left were the still-ringing of glass or the occasional middle-class working man who was actually doing stuff legally and had just gotten into a dump because of it, fretting that he was about to be robbed. But for those who were here for the business - this man with a hat was the guy they needed.

The piece of paper was almost the exact same as the one passed around throughout all the underground of Vale. Did it catch police attention? Most certainly. Were they waiting to ambush outside? Possibly.

If the man cared, he didn't show it. All he did was lean back, sink into the seat, and wait for the flock to come.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:21 am

"Oh, thank you!" Carolynn exclaimed her thanks, then lifted hersef up with the Crutchshot and made her way out, taking the sulfur dioxide but leaving behind a sum of money.

"You got lucky ICEA. I'm 100% sure you brought me here to get harassed." she frowned, punching the Crutchshot.

"Ow."

"Don't even try to feign pain, because you definitely can't feel it." she said angrily and left the bar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)   The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Scurvy Potato Bar (Open)
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next