RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arrival at the light [invite]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
UnnamedDude

Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:25 pm

Once again, Conan's ear twitched involuntarily beneath his hat. He was glad, again, to have it. It had long been indispensable to him, and now was no different. It was in his best interest, here above all, not to take it off. With a story like that, it seemed evident that a Faunus would not be well-received, let alone someone whose father had been tied to the Fang...

Still, he listened silently to the story and neither his face nor his body language betrayed any of those thoughts. He'd gotten very good at that before he'd come to Beacon, and it certainly appeared that the skill would prove useful here. When Ryth finished, Conan nodded solemnly but said nothing.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 1:25 am

Mike was wandering again. He had nothing to do, so he decided to go out and see who these newcomers were. He skipped up next to the two talking, abruptly shouting hello, giving his name, and sticking his hand out to shake. Standard procedure for Mike. Possibly not for his will-be teammates.
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 2:25 am

at Spencers lack of reaction, Ryth pulls apart the index finger and thumb of both his hands before twitching the index and middle finger of both his hands inwards, and at the same moment, his cloak bulged a tiny bit for a second on his back and his hood reappeared. he then replied to the newcomer. "Hello Mike." Ryth takes mike's hand but his movements are a little awkward, like he doesn't know this gesture very well. "Well, I might as well introduce us: I'm Ryth, this is spencer Rogue and the other boy... hasn't given us his name yet." even though his manner seemed easygoing, his voice had a constant tense edge.
Back to top Go down
UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:12 pm

Conan let a very small frown play about his face. Too friendly... He stepped back slightly, off-balance by the new arrival. "I'm... no one of importance," he said quietly, though mentally, he added not yet. "But my name is Conan."
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Ryth looks at Conan with distase of his answer. and replied wiht complete honesty "Hey, don't sell yourself short conan. everyone is here because they are good enough to defend the world against the grimm"
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 1:39 am

Mike was pleased these people accepted him. There had been many worse beginnings, but this one seemed fine. "Yeah, everyone here is here to learn to save the world. You must be good enough to do that!" he added to Ryth's words. "So, what weapons do you guys have?" he said enthusiastically.
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:36 am

'meh, might as well show off' Ryth twitched his index and middle fingers inwards as his chakram ripped through his cloak and holding his hands out and moving them like he was leading the two chakram into his hands. when the chakram landed in his hands, they started spinning and became serrated before returning to their original state. after that Ryth moved his left chakram towards his right forearm as his right chakram's handholds were "unlinking" and moving as it moved further up his forearm which then linked to the other chakram at the front of his forearm, forming his aura cannon which then filled with a small amount of aura. "this is mine" Ryth then said in a deadpan.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 4:29 pm

At the mention of the three types of people, Spencer raises his hand a little and smiles awkwardly. "Four, all the above." His family may be lower-high class but he still never asked to have his tuition paid for him. He got a job on his own, doing what he know he could do well. Round up 'stray animals' and put them back in their pens. At the mention of the story, Spencer just decides to stay quiet. Being a part of a warrior family, it is only natural that he has had older relatives part of the war that have mentioned the story in a negative way a few times. It was not his place to speak then and it is not his place to speak now, as he has no opinion on the matter, so he wont.
When Spencer is introduced, he shakes the hand of Mike. Unusual approach..I like this kid. Mike then asks about the three boys' weapons right after. Was that how I sounded earlier?... Spencer shrugs it off and smiles, happy he gets to do his trick-move for the first time at Beacon on his first day. First, Ryth starts before Spencer can do anything, though. "Whoa!" Holy crap-they look insane! Geez, they may be blade-based but...damn-I don't want to be cut by those... Spencer sighs. "Damn, dude..." He then stands back up straight. Suppose now it's my turn.
"This-" Spencer slips his pointer finger in the trigger guard of Delilah and quickly squeezes the grip before letting go completely again and pulling up with his finger. The awkward nature of the pull and the weight distribution of the heavy gun causes it to tilt forward and just barely miss Spencer's arm with the back of the blade. After clearing the arm, Spencer puts extra spin on the gun and lets it slip off of his finger, causing it to spin once in the air before he catches it by the barrel with his left hand in buffalo grip. He then brings it forward and shows the weapon to the front of him, for each of his new peers to see. It includes many little movements that require good motor control but the display only lasts a second-and-a-half. "-..is Delilah. Chambers a five-huner'ed magnum." As a trick shot-loving guy, Spencer has practiced that movement time and time again in order to get it right without hurting himself. After getting it down with his .357, he tried it with his .44 and then finally with Delilah. Now it's what he does when he wants to introduce someone to his weapon in a special way, which does not often happen. "Th' extra fun par' is she got a sister." Spencer lightly throws Delilah into his other hand and reaches behind to pull out his other weapon. The white barrel gleams its markings of the dual heads of a king taijitu in the sunlight. Spencer squeezes the grip and its blade slides out too. His pinkie seems to notably stick out a bit from the grip, as is his laid-back style. "Say'ello t' Candy. Both have a six an' a half-inch blade. Both have specially designed hammers, while Delilah's hammer is filed down a bi' more inside t' reduce friction an' speed up the armin' mechanics."
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:31 pm

Ryth wore the rarest facial expression ever for him at Spencer's reaction. forgetting about his hood causing it to disappear, he cracked a huge smile; for months he has never been able to get more than a slight widening out of his trademark grim line. "I really hope I get put on a team with these guys" 'they are a really good influence on me.' Ryth, his smile turned back into a widened line, was very impressed by Spencer's weapons as well and was glad that Spencer had some melee potential "well Spencer, trying to upstage my performance are you?" ryth said this in an awkwardly teasing voice again like he is not used to it. "cool weapons though. I am glad you have blades as it will help your team a lot if you need to be defended a lot when facing large groups." Ryth's widened line then grew a devious lift in it's right side. "and don't forget Spencer, what you saw was only my weapons"
Back to top Go down
UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 5:51 pm

Conan frowned very slightly. These weren't toys. "Don't be so excitable..." he muttered slightly, though seeing the light in Ryth's eyes made him (reluctantly) pull the Javelin from his belt. "Fine," he said flatly, extending the weapon's shaft and rotating it to fit into his hand neatly as he did so. "This is the Javelin," he explained simply, "and it's also a very dangerous rail-gun."

That said, he triggered the weapon's secondary form, the head bifurcating and extending to form two rails for the mighty weapon. He held it out for them to see, but did not bother with a demonstration; that was even worse than firing off a regular gun. This was a weapon meant for a large, concentrated application of power, and though it was unrelentingly good at that, it was ill-suited indeed for tricks. "Please understand I don't care much to show you what it does." He tapped it again and this time it compacted and shrunk down to its basest form, and Conan clipped it once more to his belt.
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 10:58 pm

confused as why Conan would say that Ryth admits "Conan, why would we do that? I didn't show off how my chakram can be used for parkour, or the power of my aura cannon because that would damage something. but am I correct that you are a tank/heavy support fighter?"
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:29 pm

Spencer, oblivious to all that is going on, is captivated by the rail gun.
That technology!! How does i' fit in tha' compact of a frame?!! It's-!! That weapon is an engineering MARVEL!!! How does it distribu'e all the generated heat in such a compact size?! He is speechless, just staring at the hardware around Conan's belt.
Back to top Go down
UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 9:08 pm

In the silence after he unsheathed his weapon, Conan raised a single eyebrow. "If... that's how you choose to word it," he said diplomatically. "I'm more adept at close combat, but as you can see, I can lay down some fire support if need be."

He said nothing of his Semblance. He saw no reason to give everything away.
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 3:38 am

ryth was thinking for a bit after Conan's words. "Hey, guys." the aura drained out of his cannon. "let's see if we can become a team. I hardly think I would be in a team that accepts me if I get placed randomly and we all accept each other. so if you have no liking to discrimination and mike doesn't have any problems with my past. you want to find Ozpin?" 'I seriously hope I can have these guys as allies. I would probably kill if I had to be in a team with a bully.' ryth thought they didn't look convinced "we are a good team in fighting as well. Conan and I can be up front keeping most of the enemies on us and it will be good if I can have conan close at hand if he gets injured while Spencer can pick of parts of the group that are massing too heavily or go for a cheap shot in one of our blind spots"
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Spencer sort of brushes off the idea. "My cousin tells me they pick teams through unorthodox ways. We can't pick 'em 'rselves." He crosses his arms. "It's luck or coincidence 'at pick 'em. Fate, if ya will."
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:06 pm

Mike watched in awe as the others revealed their weapons, before realising he was the only one who hadn't shown his. He pulled the knives out of his pocket. "These are all I have, but they do act as grapple hooks..." He said, before aiming them at a nearby tree, firing one, and shooting off towards it. In a matter of seconds he was at the top of the tree, hanging upside down by his legs with a grin on his face. "So waddya think?!" He shouted from his position near the top of the tree.
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:06 pm

"Well, I'm doomed" Ryth noticeably slouched at the news of the team choosing. "I'm going to go find Ozpin and see if he can make sure I don't get put in a team with people who would kill me or get killed by me. Unless anyone has anything else to say to me?" Ryth then walked up to the tallest tree; separated his chakram; bit the serrated edge of his right chakram into the tree; and started it spinning, carrying him up to the top of the tree which then stopped spinning abruptly and worked as an anchor as he looked around. "and it would be interesting to fight you mike!"

(ooc: guys you left the team creation thread incomplete)
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Spencer puts his right hand up by his mouth and calls to Mike. "I like 'em!"
When Ryth mentions he wants to talk to Ozpin about the teams, Spencer attempts to express his doubts in the matter but the boy takes off too quickly.
"That kid is troubled..." Spencer says to himself. Odd fellow...I want to find out more about him...

[I agree. Evil, dude, it's up to you in there.]
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 3:18 am

after Ryth found where would most likely be where Professor Ozpin's office would be, he noticed that the three boys he was talking to were just standing there doing nothing. after Ryth got down from the tree he exclaimed "Well if you don't have anything to say to me, keep talking with each other. I wasn't the subject of the conversation was I?" Ryth joked as he waited for their reaction and make sure they didn't stop their conversation because he left.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 3:49 am

When he got a reaction from everyone he jumped down from the top, falling until he fired one of his blades at a low branch, swinging him back up and slowing his descent. He did a backflip, then landed on his feet. He stood up, and returned back to the group, grinning widely.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 2:03 pm

"But...We..weren't talking!" Spencer is a little confused.
He starts walking to continue following the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival at the light [invite]   Arrival at the light [invite] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arrival at the light [invite]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2