RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ecksdeeeXD

Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:24 am

The sleeping sheep Faunus slowly sits up, the loud crash of a falling body waking her. With a high pitched yawn, She stands up and walks over to Brady, sheep shaped pillow in her hand, limply hanging at her side.  Guessing he was the cause due to the people flocking to him, she moves to stand beside him, only a few inches away. "Hey..." She said slowly as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes with her free hand. "Do you need this?" She asked, pulling a bandaid from her tool belt. "That sounded like it hurt....
Back to top Go down
Myren

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:37 am

Brady blinked a few times as he got his bearings again
"thanks folks, I'm fine though. Happens all the time"
as though to prove his point, He immediately leans back again, kicking his feet up onto the table and balancing on the chair's back legs. He takes the book off his head and looks at the cover
"History. So that's why I fell asleep. huh."
He rolls his head to the side to look at Ashelynne, standing there with her bandaid. after a second of mildly uncomfortable silence, He reaches out and pulls out a chair, offering it to her.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:47 am

Ashelynne smiles softly as he pulled out the chair. Before she sat down though, she applies the bandaid on a random spot on the boy's forehead before taking the seat and hugging her pillow to her chest. Looking up to see David though, she does the same as Brady, pulling up the chair next to her and patting the seat before turning to Brady. "You need a reason to sleep?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 1:11 pm

"Don't need a reason. just an excuse." Brady says with a lazy grin as He goes slightly cross eyes, looking up towards his own forehead
"except I actually do need to study this stuff at some point" He mumbles as he drops the book onto the table.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:55 pm

David smiles, and takes a seat. He then gets back to work on his arm. Servos........of course.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marlin smiles at her. "Ah yes. Thank you. It would appear that all, but one went up in flames. I dropped the barrier to attack it, but it moved to fast. As I recall the beast swiped at me, and missed. He did however cut my hood, but I found a tailor to.." As he spoke a small poorly stitched hole opens up on his hood. "......well.....need to get that fixed." He said as he examined the hole from under his hood.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Shiki let off a small smile and shook her head. She had just finished sewing the last part of the bag and had been listening to the story until she saw the hood. She giggled quietly.

"It must be very fortunate for you that I sew," Shiki said. She stuck a finger inside the cloth's hole and examined it. "I'm also done with your bag. Why not you take the hood off for a while and I sew it up? How's that sound?"

This time Shiki was smiling perkily.

"You've given a seamstress a lot of fine work in only a few minutes."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Marlin sighed. He removed his hood, and showed his face. Every singe, and burn scared into his face. A few white hairs on his head. "There is a reason I wear this hood. My face is not a pretty sight." He said as he just avoided eye contact. "I apologize. No one should have to see my face."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Shiki tilted her head curiously, but decided to respect Marlin's wish.

"If that's what you want," Shiki said. Her hand came to her own eye patch. "I guess I can understand that feeling. The wanting to keep something from being revealed. But anyways, I can sew it just fine without you taking it off. If you allow me..."

She didn't wait for a response and went to the other side of the table, a needle already threaded in her hand.

"Sorry if I have to insist, it's just that I can't stand seeing fabric in the need of mending and I'm just sitting around. Hold still so I don't prick you by accident."

She went right to work and since it was a small hole, she had actually finished within three stitches.

"All done," Shiki said with her usual calm expression. "That will be a hundred lien. I'm joking."

She finally went back to her seat and opened the patchwork she was working on.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Marlin felt where the hole used to be. "You are truly a master of your art. Thank you. I am in your debt.......again." He just chuckled. "Fixing my pack, my hood, and Merasmus. I feel I am taking advantage of you." He said with grin. Marlin was truly amazed that someone could repair all of his things. He was happy to have a friend.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 pm

"No, not at all," Shiki reassured as she went back to doing her embroidery. "I enjoy sewing so you're actually doing me a favor. And I'd be more than happy to fix things knowing how things had gone in the field. So..."

She had noticed Marlin had been reading a book.

"What are you reading over there?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 8:43 pm

Marlin looked over at the girl with a smile. "A lovely book called the outsiders. Truly a great piece of literature." Marlin was a avid reader, and lover of the arts. He looked over, and watched her hands work almost as a blur. "Where did you learn to sew like that?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:00 pm

"Very few people appreciate literature so much nowadays," Shiki remarked when he responded to her question. And then he asked her about sewing.

For a split second, Shiki became really still. It was as if she had frozen. Her eyes staring deep into the pure red of the embroidered web, seeing nothing but flames. And then she blinked. She looked up.

"I just practice," she said quietly. "I've been sewing since I was young and I work as a seamstress for a dollmaker's clothes articles. It's nothing special, really. All you need is a needle and thread and you'll eventually get to the product you desire..."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Marlin nodded. "Such is the way for anything that takes time. One must work to achieve their goal." He said as he read his book. He sent a glance over at her, and chuckled a little. "You are quite an interesting person. A seamstress, and hunter. Never heard of such an interesting combo. What made you want to be a hunter?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:27 pm

"Sewing is merely a hobby for me," Shiki said flatly and she started working on the corners of the embroidery web. "I'm actually fond of weapon engineering. But anyways, I'll be honest. I did not come to Beacon Academy to be a hunter per se. I came here to learn how to hone my skills in fighting better as well as to gain recognition from a certain...organization I plan to dedicate myself to in the future. Beacon Academy is one of its allies. But I do enjoy shooting down the Grimm. They make bears look bad."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Marlin listened and nodded at her. "I am here also to hone my combat abilities as well.....also to get away from my so called family." He said coldly. He hated what his family had done. Family.....pfft.....They do not care for me. He looked at the book, before putting a marker in it. He looked at the marker and saw a logo. 'MASTER"S DUST SUPPLIER.' he just took a deep breath.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 9:56 pm

"I guess we all have our reasons," Shiki nodded. She was done sewing the patch at last and let out a satisfied sigh. "I'm glad that's done."

She had been sewing an intricate spider web made of blood-red-colored thread. She smiled at the finished work but as she put it down she pricked her finger with a stray needle. A drop of blood showed and she began sucking it. It was only then that she saw the bookmark.

"Your family is a dust supplier?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:07 pm

Marlin nodded. "I wouldn't say family......" He said with a shake. A tear hit the tale. "Well I haven't cried in a long time. This....is new." He said with a sense of shock.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:11 pm

"Oh my..." Shiki said.

Shiki had been surprised by the sudden tear. Without thinking, she leaned forward with one of her handkerchiefs and leaned forward, attempting to lift the hood and wipe his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:21 pm

Marlin flinched a little as she touched his cheek. The soft cloth against his cheek was a new feeling. He turned to her, and let her put his hood down. He was not about to grab a lady, being as that is ungentlemanly. "I'm sorry..." He whispered as she put his hood down revealing his face. His skin twisted from burns. His hair only small white strands left. His eyes glowing yellow. He looked away from her as she did this.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Shiki had stopped reaching out for a while. She looked a bit surprised at first, but then her usually cold and hard eyes softened. She continued to reach out for the small remains of the tear and gently wiped it. She smiled.

"You have nothing to be sorry for..." Shiki said. She dabbed the small tear stain gently before letting go and sitting back. She closed her eyes in a cheery sort of way, something out of her usual behavior, and tilted her head. "And if you must know...you have nice eyes."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 10:41 pm

Marlin looked at her. It is a challenge to find those who care not for my face. Thank you my friend." He put his hood back up, and hid his face again. Marlin was one who was wise yes, but was also ashamed of his face. "So few are kind to me after they see my face." He just smiled under his hood. "My apologize it seems I have distracted you from your sewing."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sam soon stirred suddenly feeling awake. She looked around, and saw the sheep faunas. She walked up, and sat down in front of her. She pulled out her scroll, an typed. [Hi there name's Sam. May I ask your name.] David looked up, and nodded to her. She just gave him a small wave. "Please pardon my friend. She is mute." Sam lifted her mask and stuck her tongue out at him.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:24 pm

Ashelynne pouts as she sees the title of the book. "I don't like history too. Ashelynne said, putting the pillow on the desk and resting her head on it. "Too many words and names, not enough numbers and right angles. Bringing her hands up, she puts her two middle fingers in an 'L' shape and turns to Hira. "You agree with me, right? She asked as she looked at the dragon Faunus through the space under the 'L', one eye shut.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Shiki merely nodded.

"People rarely realize that a surface does not matter," Shiki said. She took up her embroidery work. "I'll demonstrate. This very piece of work right here. On first remarks, people will call it beautiful, but they won't really find anything extraordinary to it. What is so significant about a piece of embroidery, after all? Embroidery takes time...and the right materials. Not for a single stitch can you make a mistake because everything has to be aligned. Each stitch, each color, how tight the thread is pulled on with each tug...no one can realize that."

Shiki looked down on the patch, only seeing half of it up close with her eye patch on. Once again, her hand came to the patch.

"People also neglect...to see the hideous when a beautiful sheen covers it."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Hira just stared at Ashelynne quizzically. "Uhhh... Sure?" She replies, a visible look of confusion coming over the dragon Faunas. She carefully picks up her thick technical manual and holds it out. "Like this stuff?"
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 am

Ashe's mouth forms the tiniest 'o' as she looks at the book. "Exactly...." She said with as much excitement and energy that she could muster, which wasn't really much. "I'm glad to meet someone who likes these shapes as much as I do. I'm Ashe." She said, extending a hand towards the girl, her chin resting on her other arm folded on the table.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:30 am

Hira takes her hand and shakes it. "I have to know 'these shapes', as I am a weapon smith. It's my job. Oh! I'm Hira of the Raziel family." She says with a grin as she pulls the technical manual back across the table.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:38 am

"Hello Hira of the Raziel family." Ashe replied, giving the hand a firm shake. Bring her hand back to the table, she folds both her hands on the table and rests her chin on it once more. "You're a weapon smith? That sounds nice but I like making things out of wood and stuff more. Something people like to look at and not something that people use to hit things." She said slowly, closing her eyes but the attentive twitching of her ears showed that she was still awake. For now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next