RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Empty
PostSubject: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 3:38 pm

week 16 monday

The Beacon study hall, a place for students to work, nap, and goof of. Marlin had been down there to catch up on his reading. The room was quite large and bland. It almost seemed pure white. It had five rows of white tables. In each row there were three tables. The boy with the glowing eyes was reading a lovely book. He was deep in its pages, reading through page after page. In the back sat David Maloney working on his arm, and in the front sat Sam fast asleep from hours of work. A soda in her hand, and her head lying in a text book.

Last edited by Icrus505 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Shiki wasn't fond of going to the study hall. It was usually a place for people to eventually gather in. However, she wanted to finish work on the patchwork she was making in the middle of class and she was too impatient to wait until she got to the dormitory to do it. She also didn't want, at the moment, to talk with her teammates since she'd need extra focus, the embroidery of this piece requiring the thinnest of threads and one of her smallest needles.

It was only then that she saw Marlin, the boy she had attacked for singeing her teddy bear but later made amends with. There were other tables, but she was afraid of people eventually joining her and trying to strike up conversation. She would settle for sitting next to someone she knew and Marlin seemed quiet enough.

"Good day, Mr. Marlin," Shiki said in her quiet voice, Kuma at her side. "Sorry to disturb you, but may I sit here? I just need a place to sew. I won't be a bother."
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Right beside the sleeping girl, Ashelynne was also taking one of her many naps, her head resting on an actual rather than a book as she snored lightly. As a pen drops off her table, the sound stirs her, though not by much. Sitting up, eyes half open,she looked around for a few seconds before she slowly brings her head back down... on Sam's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Marlin looked up at Shiki. "You wouldn't be a bother even if you tried. Please take a seat." He said as he opened his book back up. "How is your friend doing?" He asked not looking away from the book.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sam stirred as she looked over at the other person on her shoulder. Sam blinks a few times before looking back to the front of the room. She reached down, and pulled out a small pillow. She then hit her on the head with it, before using the pillow to sleep.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Shiki almost smiled at the remark towards her "friend." She lifted up Kuma and waggled him left and right.

"Wonderfully," she said. "I hope yours is fine, too."

Without saying another word, Shiki took out a book from her metal bear backpack and took out a sewing kit and a cloth held out straight with an embroidery frame. She looked like she was making a red spider's web with little emblems in between.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:27 pm

The soft thump on her head only makes the dreaming sheep faunus lean in closer to Sam, her head nuzzling Sam's neck as she shifted closer. Her face pointed down, half her head on Sam's pillow, Ashe would be less on her table and more on Sam's as her high pitched snoring continued, audible only to the other sleeping girl, as soft as it was.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Sam looked up at her, before gently pushing her back to her side of the table. Isn't there a saying about sleeping dogs......cats are worse. She then went back to sleeping.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marlin pulled out his bear. It has a small tear on its leg. "He has seen better days it seems." He said looking it over.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Shiki's usually blank expression suddenly turned sad and worried. Without asking, she took the small bear and examined the tear.

"I can fix this," she said. "Think of it as a thanks for healing Kuma's singe before."

She took out a small plastic case that revealed itself to be a sewing kit. Nimbly, she picked up a fine needle and a thread color that matched the bear's.

"A simple stitch should do the trick," she told him.

Faster than a blink, Shiki had threaded the needle and then swiftly went around the tear, sewing from the inside so the line wouldn't show that much until she knotted the end. She smiled at the bear and placed it in front of Marlin.

"All better."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Marlin's eyes grew wide. He carefully picked up his bear. "Such craftsmanship. Thank you...friend." Marlin was not a social person, and never really called anyone that. He was over joyed that his bear was fixed. He gave it a quick hug, before putting it on his shoulder. "Thank the nice lady." Marlins finger grew gray as he made the bears arm wave to the girl.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 9:33 pm

This time, Shiki smiled more genuinely and she lifted up Kuma to let him wave back.

"He's welcome," Shiki said as she put her own bear back down. "I'm quite fond of teddy bears and it's nice to see another one aside from my own in the academy. I don't think I ever got his name, though. What is it?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 pm

Marlin made a cyclone appear beneath him, and floated him out in front of her. "Ever since I was a child he has been known as The good mage Merlin. His opposite is a bear which resides in my pack. Merasmus. These two I have had for a long time. Sadly Merasmus is not too well." he pulled out a small bag, and in it was a bear with a black cloak that had been ripped, and shredded. "Poor thing was ripped up when a Beowulf struck my pack."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:01 pm

Shiki's eyes widened upon seeing the second bear.

"You...have two bears?" she said in a bit of a trance. She looked a bit sad upon seeing Merasmus and proceeded to examining how badly he had been damaged. "The poor thing..."

She held the bear for a while and seemed hesitant to say something, but at last, she looked at Merlin.

"If you'd like, and if you don't mind," Shiki said. "I could look him over for the night. I think I can patch him up good as new. But I won't be able to work on him until tonight..."

She looked at the embroidery spiderweb she was working on.

"I have to work on that one, see," Shiki said. "Would it be alright if I take him? And, I can fix up your bag, too, if it's damaged."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Marlin looked at his sack which had three claw marks on it. He nodded to her with a almost visible smile. The light caught his chin, and reviled some scared areas. "Thank you." He nodded, and felt his hood come a bit loose. He pulled it down to cover his face. No one needs to see this beastly view.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Shiki examined the pack and nodded.

"Now, this, I can work on right now," Shiki said as she looked for a thread that would match the color. "The stitches are going to be more obvious on this one since they're a bit big and don't follow the hems."

She began with the first claw mark and then she looked to Marlin who had just pulled up his hood, but she refrained from asking about that and shifted to another topic.

"So, you were attacked by a Beowolf? Was this recently?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Marlin nodded. "Yes I was out looking for herbs to make my green dust. Then I was attacked. It got my back, and Merasmus. Though it did not fare well with a cyclone of fire." He said with a grin. The beast sizzled and popped. He looked at her with his eyes ablaze. "I must say though the real fun was when the other ones showed up. Oh no.....I feel I'm rambling, my apologizes."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Shiki had been listening intently and she shook her head.

"No, of course you weren't," Shiki said. "In fact, I was rather interested on how things continued...Don't worry I can focus on sewing while listening."

And it was true. She was swiftly tugging on the thread nimbly as she finished up with the first clawed portion and knotting it up.

"Well, you can continue...that is if you want to, of course."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Marlin nodded. "Basically the best why to take out a group of enemies like that is to create a fire barrier, and watch them run into it for a solid thirty minutes. Soon they were just ash." He just continued to read his book. He looked at his hand, and saw his gray dust was low. he popped it out, and some shot into his face. It wasn't painful just a gust of wind. It did however blow his hood off. For a few seconds anyone paying attention to him could see his scared head. He quickly ducked down, and put it back up. Oh no.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Shiki had been imagining the Beowolves and almost found herself chuckling at the comical sight. It was then that the gust of wind blew and she saw Marlin's face. It was then that Marlin put on his hood again, ducking as if he it would be a problem if it came off.

"Is something the matter?" Shiki asked.
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Brady was leaned back in his seat, balancing on the back legs with his own feet up on the table. Had he been reading, or studying, or really paying attention to anything at all. unfortunately, He was fast asleep. As such, He was utterly incapable of stopping his fall when his head flopped backwards.

He hits the floor with a rather loud crash, legs kicking out as he rolls back onto his face, the book he'd been pretending to read resting casually atop his head.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Marlin looked up, and kept his hood on. "Simple blow back. Happens a lot with gray dust. So compressed it almost can be shot of like a bullet if used wrong." He said hoping she had not seen his face. My face is one of monstrosities......none should ever be vexed by its sight. He looked up, and tried to remember his spot when the sound of a crash caught his attention. He looked back at the crash, and shrugged. "Never sleep when leaning back. Now where was I?" He deadpanned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sam couldn't be bothered by the crash she just drifted off deeper into sleep. Nap good........math not.....why have math......we just need to know how to count our ammo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David looked over at the boy on the ground. He put his things away, and walked over to him. "You okay there?" He asked as he looked down at them man. He did his best to hold back a laugh at the antics, just letting a small chuckle out.
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Placing a hand on the nearby table, Brady hauls himself back up and into a chair across from the other lad.

"Yeah. S'all good" He yawned as he adjusted the book on his head.

He let the silence hang for a moment before continuing.

"How're you?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:22 pm

Shiki's eyebrows furrowed because she realized something Marlin was uncomfortable about had bothered him. His face, she assumed, though she found nothing wrong with it. Her own hand came to her white eye patch to remind her of that. She turned back to Marlin.

"I believe you were talking about using a fire barrier and letting the monsters come at you from there..." she said, her expression back to normal. She was now finished with the second clawed area and was moving to the third.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Flipping the page on her book, Hira flinched when a loud crash resounded from across the table. She choose to ignore it until someone came over and asked the crashee if he was okay. At this point she looked up from her technical manual. She saw Brady pull himself up into a chair. "That looked like a rather nasty fall." The Tanker stated as she slipped a bookmark into the manual and closed it, setting it on the table. After tucking a piece of hair behind her right horn, she looked intently at the two people on the other side of the table.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:24 am

The sleeping sheep Faunus slowly sits up, the loud crash of a falling body waking her. With a high pitched yawn, She stands up and walks over to Brady, sheep shaped pillow in her hand, limply hanging at her side.  Guessing he was the cause due to the people flocking to him, she moves to stand beside him, only a few inches away. "Hey..." She said slowly as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes with her free hand. "Do you need this?" She asked, pulling a bandaid from her tool belt. "That sounded like it hurt....
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 11:37 am

Brady blinked a few times as he got his bearings again
"thanks folks, I'm fine though. Happens all the time"
as though to prove his point, He immediately leans back again, kicking his feet up onto the table and balancing on the chair's back legs. He takes the book off his head and looks at the cover
"History. So that's why I fell asleep. huh."
He rolls his head to the side to look at Ashelynne, standing there with her bandaid. after a second of mildly uncomfortable silence, He reaches out and pulls out a chair, offering it to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)   Study Hall (Open)(ongoing) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Study Hall (Open)(ongoing)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next