RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]

Go down 
+4
Kaliot
zhleader
Laris_Cole
Yuki-Chan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion

A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 pm

"Something I asked fo-No. Never. I would never do this to myself on purpose." Defiling my body just to become a better fighter? Why would anyone even do that kinda crap? "I ain't gonna tell you about it though. Whether it's because it's a long story or because it's none of your business, take your pick." I took another sip. "So. Why are you signing up?"
Back to top Go down
zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Taabrea retreated back into quiet meditation as Zangretor regained control. "Heh, well he seems like a pretty cool guy. I was seriously worried about this whole thing. And he'll give us a job too? Looks like we've made a pretty close new friend in a very high place." Zangretor kicked up his feet on the table as he waved to the bartender to fetch him a drink.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:23 pm

"Punch 'em in the dick, what!? Punch 'em in the dick! Motherfraggers talk drek, I'mma punch 'em in the dick!" Ami, like usual, was singing as xe kicked open the door, the doorman visible holding his head before they shut behind xir. "Yo look at that chump, see the way that he struts? Don't kick him in the rump, go nuts on his nuts! Jus' pop a squat, start lettin' off the shots, like KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK just cold-cocked his-"

Xe stopped when xe saw a glare from the bartender, rubbing the back of xir head.

"Hi~... Sorry I'm late... Am I late? I think I'm late..." Xe looked at the clock. "... Not really late. But late enough. Later than planned. I am late in spirit, if not, in fact, late in a linear, non-subjective temporal sense. My lateness... is a lateness... of the soul."

Xe gave a deep, sagely nod as xe finished.
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Zangretor takes notice of Ami's entrance. "Well, if it isn't the little captain that could." He waves over to xir, grinning. "I'd almost forgotten about you after all that stuff that happened in the park. Any luck killing off the various vermin of the city?"
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:30 am

Your reasons are rather personal... I see, he thought as she was reluctant of mentioning her reasons.

For a person to refrain from mentioning something. It probably involves another, and it would also mean it was a rather unpleasant situation. Probably trying to get away from someone? something? a lover perhaps? a family member?, he thought as he analyzed Kasumi's answer.

"Oh, I'm not doubting your competency in performing the tasks assigned. The fact that you were willing to risk your life proves that. I simply am just interested. I can only guess that your reasons are very commendable... unlike mine that is", he said as his facial expression changed from being cheerful to serious.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:46 am

She shrugged at his comment for taking a sip of her rum. "Whatever you say." She placed the bottle under her seat again. "Why did I sign up?" She thought about it for a moment. "Well, to protect and serve the people of Vale first and foremost." That is what she told Yuuka, after all. She starting tapping her chin. "And I suppose I am hoping to come across something along the way."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:05 am

Commendable? She thought, If only... "In that case," Kasumi asked, "Why is your reason any less noble?" A bit hypocritical of me to ask and not tell, but whatever.

She took a sip of her drink, feeling the cool liquid slide down her throat, This man seems strong and observant, not unlike myself. And, like me, he has demons of his own...but don't we all? She thought, He could be a useful ally, and a terrible enemy.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:34 am

I guess it's time to tell the story I had formulated during the interview, he thought as Kasumi asked him of his reasons.

"I guess it would not be a problem to tell... I'm sure enough that you aren't one of them... Though it is somewhat a long story...", he said to her as he sat on one of the chairs near her and ordered a glass of scotch.

"I... was raised under a strict rule of my family; they've controlled my life and observed my every move. My whole life was planned out by them. The knowledge and wisdom that I had absorbed, and my own perception of the world were under their control.",
he took a sip of scotch then continued.

"Recently, I began to doubt the things they had taught me and it was only recently when they had allowed me to roam freely. They probably believed that what they had molded for years wouldn't be easily influenced. Well, with my new-found freedom, I started to compare what they had taught me and what was the norm.", he then took another sip and continued.

"Somehow, they had caught wind of my actions and they started limiting my freedom again. Though I would not let them control me anymore... So I took a gamble... They could observe me on land but if I were to affiliate with something that wasn't under their control and a place they could not reach...",
he said as he finished the glass of scotch.

"Well to make the long story short... I simply ran away from them... that's my reason for joining this expedition. Oh! I'm sorry if I started rambling. I have a tendency to do that... I apologize if I had bothered you by telling you my story..."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:58 am

Kasumi smiled cooly, "Not a bother at all." She said, and took a small sip of her drink, but her keen eyes had seen something different, "And although that is a nice story, I'm not too keen on liars." She said, echoing her boss' words to her from memory. "You don't have to tell me the truth, but please don't try to deceive me with a fabricated story." She said with a smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:23 pm

"Well, you've seen right through me. Indeed. Though it was a story that allowed me to be part of this expedition. I guess not everyone could be deceived so easily. Or probably I was allowed due to my persistence but no matter", he said with a smile though only in a tone that she could hear and he then gives her a a business card.

Business Card wrote:
Avernus Corporation
Maverick Avernus
CEO
***-****((OOC: Assumed telephone number))

"I'm actually here to confirm something... though of course its not something that could hinder you or the rest from fulfilling your jobs and of course, I will also be performing my share of the workload."

"Though I'm rather amazed in how you could see through my act. After all this is over, would you care to join the corporation? We are somewhat currently lacking in intelligent individuals such as yourself."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:07 pm

Kasumi glanced at the card, Avernus? Never heard of them, but I imagine they are pretty well-off, considering this man's attire. She smiled, "It's all about observation, and these eyes," She said, tapping her temple next to her right eye, "See everything." A job offer? "I truly appreciate the offer, however I am not too keen on being tied down to one place. I believe, if you are as persistent as you claim, that we can discuss the matter of work at a later date." She said, trying not to give a definitive answer.

It would certainly be an interesting prospect, but I have to talk to her before I do anything. She thought.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:58 pm

"I understand. Well, I do hope that you would accept my offer some time in the future. And don't worry, I wouldn't be assigning you in some office duty but rather you are more fitting to be traveling all around Vytal. Surveying the corporation's facilities all over the world and making sure that everything is running smoothly but I guess it would be better to give you some time to think about it", he said with a sincere smile on his face.

"Might I ask for your surname for future reference? Though I could understand if you would refuse to tell me due to the fact that I've tried to deceive you earlier"
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:59 pm

"Ah, a simple, honest reason. Interesting. Excuse me for a moment." I got up, turning my attention away from her. Same generic story everyone gives, even me when I was signing up. What a waste of air. I listened in for others' conversations, catching attention in the man passing over a business card. A potential target for Riley and the rest of the crew? I walk over to the guy with red eyes.

"Excuse me sir, but I couldn't help but overhear. You selling something to us?"
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:28 pm

While he was conversing with Kasumi, he turned to where the person who had asked him if he was selling something.

It seems that we have a person here who is rather too good with eavesdropping... and has a lot of experience

"Rather than selling, I'm simply making an important investment for the coming future.", he said as he also gives his business card to Jett. "I can see that there are a lot of capable and promising individuals here. Though of course, I mustn't forget the fact that currently we are all here as pirate-hunters."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Kasumi smiled saying, "Of course. My full name is Kasumi Futo. You might've heard of my father, he is a quite wealthy plantation owner." She said, her smile fading slightly as she spoke of her father, "Although there is little love between us at the moment." She took another sip of her drink as someone else approached them. She sat facing the newcomer, her eyes scanning him up and down, So he was eavesdropping? She wondered, Not bad.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 6:09 pm

I take the card, twirling it around in my right hand as if it were a pen before stopping and reading it. "Maverick Avernus of the Avernus Corps." The name seemed familiar to me. Could this be THE Maverick Riley mentioned to me once?

I pocketed the card, saying, "I'll talk to you later about this offer of yours," and went back to the bar for another drink.

Last edited by Wrecker on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : asdf I hate typos.)
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:36 am

"I see, then may we discuss such matters later", he said to Jett as he turns back to Kasumi.

"I did not expect that I'm speaking to the daughter of Mr. Futo! Your father's plantations are actually one of our finest customers. They usually order the fuel of the corporation for their equipment and such. Quiet a small world.", as he chuckled which rarely happens.

"Although there is little love between us at the moment."

"It seems that you've had a disagreement with him... are you willing to share some small details regarding the matter or is it too personal? I know that I may continuously talk every so often but I am also a good listener.",
he says with a sincere smile.

Somehow, this girl reminds me of myself when I was about the same age as her... Though I am who I am now after I disagreed with the family's norms
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:43 pm

What a coincidence. She thought, "I don't love talking about it, but I guess you can say he has some...questionable business practices...regarding his workforce...that I simply could not, in good conscience, tolerate." She said, keeping the explanation short, "Therefore, I removed myself from the situation, and here I am."
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:40 pm

"Truth be told, there is no such thing as a completely innocent business, especially when money is involved",  he said confidently. "If you were to ask how I can say that with confidence, I'm most certainly sure that you would know the answer to that and if not, then you would definitely learn the answer in the near future."

Though the Avernus Corporation treats its workforce equally... in more ways than one

"Regarding the matter of you running away, I would not say that what you have done is either right or wrong. Though your father had done practices that have upset you, you must never forget that he is still your father who had raised you and loved you.",he says with a concerned look in his face.

"I'm certain that he is worried about you. So, make sure that you take care of yourself during this expedition. Though I'm certain that you are capable of that", he says then gives a polite bow.

"It was indeed a pleasure conversing with you Ms. Kasumi, I am looking forward to our future chats.", he says as he bids farewell.

As he walks away and was heading towards where Jett was, he then stopped and gave a final statement.

"What I've just told you just now is something that my family has never taught me... There might actually be some truth to the supposed lie I had told you earlier."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:29 pm

Kasumi looks at the man once, then returns to her drink, "Likewise." She said in response to his farewell. She listened to what he said in conclusion, but gave no comment. I would hardly consider that monster my father anymore. She took a sip of her drink, That man means well, but he's still a businessman. The reason he's gotten as successful as he is now is because he lies and steals from those poorer than him, just like the rest of them. She finished off her drink, ordering another one before looking around. Upon seeing nothing of interest, she turned back to the counter, resting her forearms on the tabletop.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:46 pm

"Mister Avernus." I turn to my left and face him, my right hand and drink on the counter. "Mister Avernus, before you begin, let me start off by saying that I may know you. I think we have a mutual friend, whose occupation-" I looked back at the woman he was talking to earlier, then turned around and lowered my voice a bit. "-whose occupation is a bit outside of the law. If you know him, you must know that if who I am, who I REALLY am, is revealed here, then I am dead. Now, just call me Ian, and tell me what this 'truth of a lie' is."

Last edited by Wrecker on Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos.)
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Ami's ears twitched, and xe glanced in the direction of 'Ian' for just a moment.

Just a moment. Just a single, casual glance.

Those ears, after all, were not for show...
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 7:19 am

"Well I am acquainted with a lot of people... but regarding the current situation... it seems that I may perhaps know your friend.", he said to Jett with a smile and he didn't lower the tone of his voice during that time to make it seem like it was a normal conversation. "Regarding the 'truth of a lie'... though I can't say right now but I foresee that you'll be able to learn of it in the near future. It does not concern anyone here as of now nor your friends, but what I can say is that you may be one of the few who will be able to learn and accept it."

"But I would advice that we not discuss the matters of the past here",
he says but what 'the past' meant was actually a business transaction with a certain individual.

"I understand your current situation and thus no further comment regarding that topic."
He then takes out a black business card from his pocket and gives it to Jett.

Black Business Card wrote:
CLEANERS
Founder

"But if you wish to discuss such, then you may contact me some time in the future."

"Now then Sir Ian, I've noticed that you have a metallic arm which is quite rare. I'm rather interested in where you have acquired it."
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 6:57 pm

I pocket the other card. "Not telling. Sorry. It's kinda personal. I'm sure you'll understand."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 8:49 pm

((Anyone that joins late can just assume their character is here, regardless of whether they posted or not))

Abruptly, Yuuka stop up, putting the files she had been 'reading' back down on the desk. She clapped her hands several times. It was time to begin the meeting. "Everyone sit down please, it's time to begin." She said, in a loud, clear voice, sitting back down herself.

Waiting until everyone was seated, she continued, "First, I shall be going once more over our mission. Please save all questions until the end."

"Our mission, is essentially to be a mobile response unit to any pirate attacks. The moment we hear about a pirate raid - and we will hear about it fast, we'll be rushing over there to stop it. Our ship is definitely fast enough, so as long as the attacks aren't ridiculously far, we can reach the site in time. From there, the task changes to eliminating the pirates, through any means necessary. Although preferably with non-lethal force, but lethal force has been allowed. Rinse and repeat from there.

"Questions?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Zangretor's head bobbed up momentarily, as Taabrea took control. "Yes, I have one." He began, raising his hand. "You say this ship of ours is fast. But surely something you believe so confidently in would be a smaller vessel? How crowded are we going to be, exactly?"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:03 am

Yuuka nodded, acknowledged the question, "It's a new prototype ship, it's definitely large enough to house everyone in this room and more comfortably, while still being fast enough. As I said, it's very fast, and Vale has developed their information network enough so that we'll be able to react quickly to any threats in time with our speed."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next