RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest

Go down 
+4
Nitzlplix
Kaliot
Laris_Cole
Yuki-Chan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Empty
PostSubject: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:29 am

While walking the streets of the city of Vale (Or the campus of Beacon Academy) you spy a rather fancy notice pinned up on a wall. Its gold print and shiny new paper distinguish it from the other notices displayed around the city. You approach it, reading the cursive print displayed carefully.

The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest HyioSQ3

Intruigued, you track down the inn. a simple task, given that it is one of the finest dining and drinking establishments in the city (As well as one of the biggest). Once inside, you ask the innkeeper about the note, and he points you towards a small lady in the corner of the room, currently engrossed in paperwork.

Approaching her, you notice the woman is small, short and very friendly looking - you could easily mistake her for being much younger. Sitting down at the table, she notices you and looks up with a smile on face.

"Just a second, let me finish this form." She asks politely, her relatively soft voice still reaching your ears despite the large amount of loud, annoying patrons currently in the inn. You wait for a minute or two, and she finishes, putting the forms aside.

"Right, so I'm assuming you're here about the crew request?" She asks, suddenly adopting a more business-like attitude than the more free-spirited attitude she had given off before. You answer in the affirmative.

"In that case I'll get right to it. I'm sure you've heard of the increase in pirate attacks on trade convoys lately? They attack and rob convoys coming to and from Vale before the Kingdom's soldiers can even form up to consider stopping them. They're doing serious damage to the economy of the nation, and the longer we leave them be, the braver they'll get. Before we know it they'll launch a mass assault." She said, pausing to take a drink before continuing.

"In response to the rising frequency of these attacks, the Kingdom has decided to form a group of dedicated pirate hunters - or 'anti-pirates' if you will. The name is still a work in progress."

"This task force will be given the fastest ship currently available - in fact its a ship that's being specifically designed for the purpose of pirate hunting, along with supplies. All crew members will be paid a nice wage, but the real profit comes from actually bringing in pirates. For every pirate attack we thwart, the Kingdom will grant the entire crew an extra bonus. A very generous bonus, I might add."

"Our job will entail finding and stopping pirate attacks on trade convoys, along with attempting to preemptively hunt down and stop pirates. I won't mislead you by saying there wont be any danger - the danger will be great, but is it not worth it to fight for the innocent traders who cannot protect themselves? I say it is. What say you?" She asks, finishing her lengthy speech.

((Interested?))
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 8:02 am

After the lengthy introduction about the cause, Lucius enthusiastically replied:

"I would really like to join!"

He wanted to further help the people who had troubles with bandits or pirates. Though truthfully, he wanted to join because he wanted to bring those pirates who had been terrorizing people to justice and have them see that everyone who has the capability to fight should use such capabilities to help the people; such as defeating the Grimm.

"I think I can be very helpful in aiding such a cause!" He continued as he remembered his experiences during the convoy job he took at the Frozen Forest((OOC: Assuming that a certain amount of time has passed after that event, though its still ongoing)).
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 8:35 am

"Are you sure? Please understand that taking on this job will require giving up all else in your life as of now - You'll be required to be travelling, hunting pirates for extended periods of time with only short, rare periods of rest." The woman asked, even more seriously than before, "Especially if you're a student at Beacon, you will be forced to leave the academy. I urge you spend more time thinking before committing."

((Note: This is meant more as a counter to JL's pirates, and like the pirates you should probably use your second character whenever we're allowed to make one))
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 9:45 am

"I am fine with that!" He replied.

"The real reason I entered Beacon was to become a Hunter so that after that I could travel Vytal in order to learn more about my parents" He revealed to the girl.

"I might uncover new things by joining this force! Rather than staying in Beacon and being held back in its walls, I think this is a great opportunity for me to be able to achieve my goals an at earlier time!" He then concluded. "Though of course, I'll put more effort into stopping the pirates rather than learning more about my past".

((OOC: Though this is my first and only character, this character was created for support and combo purposes))
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 9:59 am

((OOC: Right well I'll just roleplay out questions since it's fun. You can do the actual applying when the time comes. Think of this as an alternative universe, a fun explanation of the general plot))
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 10:18 am

((OOC: Yeah, I was actually glad to see that a post like this was created. The Pirate Concept that JL made seemed awesome but I couldn't have my character join a Pirate team because that would make him not act as his usual self. So, I was kind of waiting for a post like this.))
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Aurelia (OOC: 2nd character in progress) stared blankly at the inn keeper for a second before answering. "What say I? I say my my hat is definitely in the ring!" she exclaimed with her arm bent and hand put into a fist. "So, if we are being recruited by the city, will we be issued uniforms or what?"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 pm

With a poster he found at the local dust shop in hand, Inigo strides into the Great Huntress Inn.

'After that initiation, I could use some pocket change. And the idea of flying for free is quite appealing'

He greets the friendly-looking desk-worker manning the in, and presents the unfolded poster.

With a smile "So, when can I get started?"
Back to top Go down
Pad molone

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 2:35 am

With a discarded poster in hand, pad came in, increasingly nervous.

This was one year before he would attend beacon, and was Hoping this would be a quick job.

After chatting with the innkeeper, he asked when he could join the crew.

The innkeeper replied, "aren't you a bit young".

Pad, unsurprised by this comment, told the innkeeper, "I have more skills than anyone in this in".

And so, the innkeeper reluctantly told him where and when to go.

Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 pm

In the corner of the Great Huntress inn, staring into the the abyss that was the dining hall, a crimson haired and curiously pink-eyed man watched curiously as multiple people strode into the hall, spoke to the receptionist, and then walked over to the opposing corner. The clothes he wore were tidy, organized, and clean. To an onlooker, he might have been the son of a small noble house.

This was the recruitment session for the so-called anti-pirates. Unfortunate, he thought, that the government would resort to such a recruitment process. No longer were they selecting the best and brightest in the military, or actually going out to scout others. No; now, they placed up a notice and expected the most gifted hunters to show up at their front door.

And that, in itself, was the problem - the recruitment process being used right now was the exact same one used by pirates themselves. This created a conflict - and the pool of those who decide to take a look gets diminished on both sides of the coin.

Just that one side was already a hundred times as big in the first place.

The man thought about the other details. He was sure that ship-wise, there wasn't yet a true ship that had the capability of standing up to those used by pirates. Sure, there were amazing ships developed by the government, or other companies for the government, but more often than not one or two magicians would steal that technology and graft a modified version to a dedicated ship, increasing it's armaments yet again...and again...and again.

However, the new ship - the man was fairly certain he knew what it was. Word had passed along in the underground that Devia[T] had made a new ship - and it was ready to revolutionize combat. From the ship experts he knew, they had agreed, despite not even knowing what the ship's true specifications were. Even though it was a prototype, he had no doubt that the ship, completed, would be entrusted to the government - and then the government would give it to these anti-pirates.

Just barely, he heard the voice of another young man talk to the innkeeper. "I have more skills than anyone in this inn," he'd said. All the man could do was sigh. How arrogance had spread throughout society.

And so he sipped his drink, continuing to watch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Darcil walks to the front of the inn, checking to see if this was the right place. He walks into the inn, boots clanking underneath his feet. He notices that he isn't the only one interested in earning some extra cash to bust some heads. He walks up to the counter and asks

"So ya still looking for some extra muscle?"

and then orders a drink.
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 6:18 am

Alexander walks into the bar, watching everyone carefully. He approached the woman he was directed to.

"Word is, I can get a job busting some baddies around here."

He lifts the crumpled poster. "You know every good ship needs a cannon, and I'm a pretty damn good shot."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:01 am

Note: Looking to do another check for interest, post if you're still interested since we can have second characters now.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:41 pm

If/when my second character gets approved, I'd like to have Fiona join in.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:07 am

Yes
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Niiiiiiiiitz

Traitor
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:11 am

Traitor how? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest   The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Pirate Hunters/Anti-pirates/Privateers/Snow is the Greatest
Page 1 of 1