RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]

Go down 
+4
Kaliot
zhleader
Laris_Cole
Yuki-Chan
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Empty
PostSubject: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 pm

The Great Huntress Inn wasn't usually too popular of a place, as far as pubs and bars go, but today it was packed, with all the tables in the main room pushed together to form a large table, surrounded by fairly comfortable looking seats, many of which already had people seated in them. By the doorway stood a man holding a small book of names. As one man walked in, he gave his name to the doorman, who checked it off on the list and allowed him to walk past, to be seated by the table ((OOC: Feel free to control the doorman. If you joined in the last thread, your name is on the list)).

A few servers were going on handing out drinks, both alcoholic and a few non-alcoholic (Though mostly alcoholic), to the ones currently waiting. The barkeep himself stood at the bar, preparing drinks when needed, but mostly watching over everything to make sure nothing bad happened. You could never tell what these freelancer navy types were going to do. One moment they might be happily drinking together, the next they might be swinging chairs at each other and smashing tables apart.

On the table, in front of every chair, lay a folder, each being identical to the last. Inside the folder lay a multitude of files, useful for the new crew. Mostly, however, the files were made up of a history of the recent increase in pirate activity, the current known pirates and information on them, along with some basic information about the role of the task force. Mostly it's purpose was to give the new crew and introduction to the pirate menace. In addition, each folder contained half a year's salary of Lien, paid in advance.

Yuuka herself sat the head of the table, idly flipping through the files as she waited, despite having already read them thoroughly, and in fact, she had helped to write them.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Maverick arrived in front of the Great Huntress Inn. He said his name, "Maverick Avernus", to the doorman and he was allowed entrance. He noticed that there were already some people who were inside and then he noticed Yuuka reading through some files. He went to where she was in order to provide a greeting.

"Hello miss, Hopefully I've arrived just on time and did not miss anything... actually you're my employer but I did not get your name during the interview"
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 5:04 pm

Zangretor walked in, arms crossed. He bumped his way through the doorman saying his name as he passed. Spotting Yuuka, he walked to her table. "Looks like you've attracted a decent sized team. Guess that means there's only less money for us, huh?" Zangretor sat in a chair next to Yuuka before staring up at Maverick. "So you looking to get paid like me, or are you one of those 'helpful' people who wants to make the world a better place or some crap?"
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Aurelia again arrived at the Great Huntress Inn, again dressed in her 'other' uniform. She stared at the inn for a moment. And so it begins, huh? She took a deep breath before walking into the building, giving her name to the doorman in the process. She watched as he checked off her name. She looked around. Well, they seem to have moved things around a bit. She shrugged and walked over to the bar and asked for a bottle of rum like usual. After doing so, she would find an empty seat and flipped through the folder that was in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:31 am

"So you looking to get paid like me, or are you one of those 'helpful' people who wants to make the world a better place or some crap?"

He looks at the person who sat beside Yuuka.

"Greetings, you are one of my co-workers, I presume? My name is Maverick, and indeed, I am one of those people who would want the world to be a better place to live in"
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:59 am

Kasumi entered, giving her name to the doorman. She looked around as she walked in, seeing a couple of people she recognized from the recruitment last week. She noticed the recruiter...Yuuka was it? Talking with a couple of other...pirate-hunters. She sighed and walked over to the bar, ordering a White Russian. As she waited for her drink, she glanced around, observing the room.
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:09 am

Zangretor was visibly disappointed with Maverick's answer. He began speaking to no one in particular. "Geez, anything but goodie-goodies on this mission? I don't get people in this country. It's like they all have some skewed understanding of the world." Turning back to Maverick, he continued, "Oh well, I'm Zangretor. You'll probably meet Taabrea later. Since we're working together I guess we should know each other's names."
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 12:17 pm

"Geez, anything but goodie-goodies on this mission? I don't get people in this country. It's like they all have some skewed understanding of the world."

"Oh well, I'm Zangretor. You'll probably meet Taabrea later. Since we're working together I guess we should know each other's names."

"Taabrea? This would be a wild guess but is this Taabrea closely affiliated with you in some way?"

He paused for a bit and he had a sudden thought.

Though we are speaking to each other as if Taabrea was also right there. What a strange fellow. But I am rather more interested in how he views this world...

Overhearing Zangerator's previous statement, he gave out a reply.

"Oh, other than being an aide to society, I also have my own reason that is quite different. Let us say that I'm simply killing two birds with one stone."

"On the other hand, a skewed understanding of the world? I'm rather interested on how do you see the world now. Is it to your liking? If you were given a chance, would you like it to change?"
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 3:19 pm

"Well, since you seem so interested in us, I guess I'll have Taabrea explain how we view the world." Zangretor says before staring directly into Maverick's eyes. The strange anomalies in Zangretor's pupils come together and form a star shape. As he speaks, his voice is noticeably lower. "I am Taabrea, the god of all malice that fills this world. Zangretor is my vessel and together we seek to fill the world with hate and conflict. Is that an informative enough introduction?" Taabrea grins as he sits up straight in his chair. "We view the world as something to be twisted and contorted, to awaken the primal essence of humanity, it's lust for conflict. There were many who worshipped me and those included in my pantheon, both angels and demons, however they're mostly all dead now, thanks to the deities and their vessels. We were all simply fed up with how they used us to their own advantage." Taabrea pauses for a moment, considering the situation. "But I haven't given you time to adequately introduce yourself. Please, tell us what you think of the world. Tell us who you are and what you stand for."
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:31 am

Maverick sensed that the person he was talking to changed, as if it was a different individual and also that Zangerator's aura somehow had a more dense feeling now.

This person seems to have two kinds of aura inside of him... A somehow strange but nostalgic feeling

Maverick had already forgotten the feeling of having acquired another person's aura. Though he could faintly remember hearing a multitude of voices in his head after doing so, he eventually blocked it out and the voices had stopped in due time. Though having acquired more than a hundred auras, he wasn't at all surprised with Zangerator's introduction of Taabrea.

The god of malice... Intriguing...

"But I haven't given you time to adequately introduce yourself. Please, tell us what you think of the world. Tell us who you are and what you stand for."

"Ah yes, indeed."

Maverick then took out a business card that had his full name in it, the company he worked for, his position there, and his contact number.

Business Card wrote:

Avernus Corporation
Maverick Avernus
CEO
"I can see that you have such a unique view of this world. I can only assume that such insights were born from hardship and struggling... I was raised in a wealthy family that had already chosen my fate. My life was practically controlled by them until I finally thought of a way to change everything. That is how I could summarize my life."

"As for how I view the world... this world... I view it as rather complex. A world filled with conflict and order. As such that its opposing traits could co-exist with one another baffles me. Somewhat like a Demonic Angel or an Angelic Demon. As such that if both order and chaos were to be the nature of this world, why does its inhabitants side in only one of the two?"

"I stand for the truth. I am simply an observer... for now"
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:30 am

"Ian Moone."

I sign my false name and walk inside, remembering my duty to Riley. Infiltration Protocol - Phase 1: Infiltration has been started, but I have to fully become a part of their team before I can begin Phase 2: Sabotage. I look around, taking in my surroundings. On one side, there was a bar, while Yukka was on the other side at a table, which was covered with files. A few other enemies allies were all around the table, conversing with one another. I walk to the bar and order a Mako Sake on the rocks in a double shot glass. After the bartend approves of Ian's ID, I walk over to the table, drink in my metal hand, and find Ian's folder. All the articles in there were mostly about Riley's crew, something I should pay attention to, but what interested me most was the money. I recalled the bank heist that took place last week, which the articles in the folder also mentioned. All that money...

I sat up and adjusted my hat. Acting time. "So. How's everyone doing?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:48 am

Yew bolted over to tje desk where Yuuka sat.
"I'm so sorry I'm late." She said, bowing her head to Yuuka.
"Did I miss anything I shouldn't have?" Asked Yew, with a worried look on her face
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 am

Taabrea smiles at Maverick's answer. "Yes, it is very easy to be confused by the unnatural flow of this world. I feel like you could have also acted as a vessel for one of my brethren. I am aware of how inherently... evil I may seem, but as I said, my order gave patronage to both demons and angels. We tried to find some balance between the forces of this world. Too bad all the worshipers are gone, you could have secured a lot of power with them." Taabrea thinks before continuing. "Oh, but what would you even want with some strange religious order as that? You are the head of a large corporation, you would not be swayed simply from tales of angels of fortune or demons of greed. One who prefers hard evidence over beliefs I suppose."
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:18 pm

"The need for hard evidence is something that is least of my concerns. Though surely I am a person who lacks faith, I do still believe on the mysteries that can not be explained by science. Such as how the beings of this world was able to manifest itself is one of those mysteries. Human, Faunus, Grimm. Their origin is a mystery. Another is aura and why it exists."

Though he could continue on and on about the mysteries of the world, he decided to ask a question.

"And in my opinion, Sir Taabrea, you are not evil. Rather, you simply followed your nature. Evil is but a label provided for things that this world had deemed wrong. And the concept of right and wrong was formed by the majority of this world's inhabitants and their laws. If it were possible that the majority of this world were your believers, then wouldn't your actions be considered as right or good?
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Aurelia stopped reading her folder for a moment and took a sip of her rum. After doing so, she stared at the folder intently. I wonder which of them have my sword...I guess I'll find out soon enough. She sighed, and as she looked up, she realized how much was actually going around her. She quickly sat up straight in her chair, placing her bottle near a leg of her chair in the process. "I am, uh, doing fine. How about yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:32 pm

"I'm fine as well." I say to her, holding my drink in my robo hand. "It's not everyday that you see an 18 year old huntsman with a mech arm, do you?"
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Intrigued by Maverick's assessment, Taabrea tilted his head in consideration. "A very interesting and well-thought assessment. Perhaps this mission will be bearable after all, having someone like you certainly makes it more fun." Taabrea thinks again for a moment. "Though, I think you've failed to understand one thing. Even if a large group of my followers was still out there, I would have no interest in controlling anything. The largest theme of our pantheon is balance. There is a god for one thing and an equal, opposite god at all times. Should one rise, the other will bring him back down. While I, myself, seek to cripple the world, my order seeks to keep everything in perfect balance. Peculiar, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:31 am

"Indeed, your order is quite commendable. Not only do they worship chaos but also peace. Such as how justice would not exist without crimes and vice versa. A balance..."

Though he gave out a final suggestion.

"But right now, among the other gods of your pantheon, you are the only one who has manifested physically in this world. Wouldn't that tip the balance and would make things in your favor?"

He then surveyed the area to see if how many had already arrived.

"I would really like to continue our conversation but it seems that not everyone is enjoying this gathering unlike us", he said as he tilts his head to the direction towards Kasumi. "As a gentleman, I can't allow any woman to feel alone in a fine gathering such as this."

"It was quite refreshing conversing with you, Sir Taabrea and Sir Zangretor. May we continue our talk sometime in the near future", he said as he gentlemanly bows with a sincere smile on his face. "Also, keep the business card I gave you. I could offer you a high status job with a high pay after all this is over". He then headed to where Kasumi was.

"Excuse me, miss, might I ask if you could spare some time for a simple chat?",
he asked Kasumi with a sincere smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:40 am

She tilted her head as if she were thinking, a finger placed upon her chin while simultaneously examining his robotic hand. I suppose I haven't. Her tone was intrigued with a hint of playful. "Was it something you asked for or..." She paused there, looking at him expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:22 am

Yuuka casually brushes everyone that tried to approach her off, not even turning to look at them as she directs them elsewhere. Continuing to stare at the files, in reality she would be deep in thought about other things. Deep enough in thought that she didn't notice the identity of the people bothering her, her mind instead just unconsciously getting rid of the intrusions to her focus.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Kasumi sipped her drink, watching the man approaching her intently, Great, now it's a bloody social gathering. She thought. She put on a friendly smile as the man approached her, "Of course I can." She replied, Goodness I hate pleasantries... holding out her hand, she said, "I'm Kasumi, and you?"

Last edited by Dakir on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Maverick notices that she had held out her hand and he gladly held out his.

"Greetings Ms. Kasumi. My name is Maverick"

Though they were exchanging greetings, he had hoped that she didn't notice the density of his aura that was encasing his whole body. Also, he had also noticed that this girl was simply minding her own business. She didn't approach anyone and no one had approached her.

"I don't want to appear as nosy but I would like to be acquainted with all of my co-workers. Seeing as though you were sitting there quietly, I had only assumed that you were free. I do apologize in advance if I am being a bother. In the interview, we were told that we would be risking our lives.. I'm rather curious as to your reasons in joining such a dangerous expedition."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:02 pm

"Nice to meet you, Maverick." She said, shaking the man's hand, That is an...interesting name... She thought. And it seems yet another person is wanting to wonder why a little girl like me wants to fight... She found out as he continued talking. "Not nosy at all." She said, "However I do have my reasons. All you need to know is that I have signed up to do a job, and I'm am perfectly capable of completing that job, no matter what it takes."
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 pm

"Something I asked fo-No. Never. I would never do this to myself on purpose." Defiling my body just to become a better fighter? Why would anyone even do that kinda crap? "I ain't gonna tell you about it though. Whether it's because it's a long story or because it's none of your business, take your pick." I took another sip. "So. Why are you signing up?"
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:43 pm

Taabrea retreated back into quiet meditation as Zangretor regained control. "Heh, well he seems like a pretty cool guy. I was seriously worried about this whole thing. And he'll give us a job too? Looks like we've made a pretty close new friend in a very high place." Zangretor kicked up his feet on the table as he waved to the bartender to fetch him a drink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next