RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some things bounce better than others. [Open]

Go down 
+3
Kaliot
Anders Mand
Drake Ferrox
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:30 pm

There is a sound many dread. There is a sound many fear. There is a sound that many...don't know yet. But now it would be heard. Near maniacal laughter, combined with the sounds of footsteps on stone as she comes turning round the corner, head ducked, Glorious Executioner held in one hand, blade slowly spinning along the iron ring of its guard as she looks about.

"Hmmmm. Okay! So that didn't work! How was I supposed to know that dorm doors totally weren't good targets to bounce axes off? It's sooo not my fault that wood goes all clunky and things get stuck!"

She continues to run, full pelt through the court yard, tumbling around people and things, making the most of her lanky height and giggling as she does so. This was soooooo much more fun than being back home. But she had to hurry! Lest she was caught! Ooh! A wall! She stops, making the screech noise herself and grins, brushing her scraggly purple hair back with one hand.

"Ooh! Perfect!"

THUK! CLANG! CHUK! She starts to pelt the axe at the wall, tumbling to catch it as it bounces away each time, then stopping and frowning as she sees its path start to wobble. Clearly axe was not stronger than wall. At this she stops it, then falls to her knees in a most melodramatic way, holding her arms up to the sky.

"Noooooooooo!"

Sora despaired for the Executioner. It was getting blunted. And she couldn't find anything or anyone suitable to practice her catching with!
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:23 am

"The breeze be too weak in this weather," Silus groaned as he walked around the Beacon grounds, sweating like he never did before. He then took a deep sip of a drink he was holding in his right hand.

"At least this drink is refreshing," he commented on his beverage. "What in blazes do they call it? Bow-buh Tee? And what's with the chewy black 'pearls'?"

Just then, he heard distant clanging sounds from his northwest, jolting him with surprise he almost spilled his drink. "What in blazes?"

Loud noises wouldn't bother Silus if he was in an optimal mood. The weather lowered it somewhat that the noises did faze him. He stormed to the source of the noises, grumbling "I'm gonna get to de bottom of this."

Once he was close to the source, he found a purple-haired girl seemingly lamenting a bizarre weapon. He also noticed a damaged wall opposite her. Without even thinking through, he approached the girl in stern steps.

"Oi, lass!" he yelled. "Whaddaya know about the noises comin' from 'ere?"
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:26 am

"Eeeeeee!"

The sound a surprised Sora makes ranges at a pitch between dog and dolphin as she flops over, face first and then suddenly presses herself to the ground, totally making it look intentional. She looks about and sort of scoots along, rolling back up to her feet, looking at this new person suspiciously.

Hmm. She should be cautious! She looks over this stranger and then takes a few steps around him, leaning in to peer at him. Okay! Decision! He looks fun!

"Ooh! A newbie! I mean, hello fellow student! I am a student! Uh huh! One hundred percent legit. I didn't sneak onboard something to get here or anything! Nope!"
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:35 am

The motor-mouthed girl introducing herself did nothing to simmer down the vexed sailor, especially after the shriek she just let out. The racket caused certainly didn't set him the mood to meet people.

"Ya didn't answer me question," he grumbled, struggling to suppress his sailor tongue. "What. Do ya know. About the noise. Comin from 'ere?"

He then took another deep sip of his drink to hopefully cool his head.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 am

Again Mao was wandering aimlessly around Beacon's campus again. Whatever shall I do on this uneventful day. Considering the happenings as of late, he wasn't sure if he should even be seeking out "events". Everyone at this school seemed pretty crazy. Crazy enough to make him look completely normal and boring. Admittedly though, Mao has been dialing back as to not cause trouble for Kirkka. The other students seem to have done their fair share of damage.

Mao stood still for a second realizing that something seemed strange. He could hear faint sounds that he had not been hearing before. He was tempted to turn around, to walk away and forget he ever experienced such a thing. But it was too late. His curiosity had already taken control of him.
Why oh why must I continue to do this?

He came upon some girl with her weapons in her hands and another who seemed familiar. Maybe Mao had seen him once before.

Don't tell me it was her. Please let it not be her...
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:54 am

"Well...I don't know. Lots of noise everywhere. Do you mean here or there? What sort of noise was it? We totally can investigate! What did it sound like? Was it a clangarang or a pchow pchow noise?"

Sora grins as she looks at him and then puts on a serious face for all of a handful of seconds. Then she starts to pace, back and forth, slinging the Executioner across her back. Hopefully this newbie wouldn't notice the dents and blunting caused by wall juggling....
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:01 am

"Da 'clangarang'...lass," Silus replied, beginning to simmer down, a little relieved he got a "sort of" answer. "What do ya know about it?"

He still fixed his eyes on the oddball as she moved around him and retrieved the weapon on the ground. She knows something. I know it, was his thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:07 am

She ponders for a minute, leaning back on one foot and spinning about before doing a tumble and perfectly executed kip up. Now she was just showing off. She grins and then notices his still serious and grumpy look. Ok. This wasn't working.

"I think I saw something. Yes. Something making that noise. I think it was a bird. Maybe. It might have been a weird type of dog. We should investigate for tracks!"

But at that she had a thought. Do birds even make tracks?
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:17 am

Silus didn't buy that a bird or a dog created the clanging racket in his vicinity. He was still convinced that someone made the noise with a tool. Or maybe a weapon.

He wouldn't stop suspecting his first suspect until she somehow "proved" him otherwise. But that, he thought, was not so likely.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:34 am

Nathan is laying on the edge of the roof overlooking the courtyard. He's been watching this... person for a while. She hasn't really done any damage or anything... yet. He holds his scroll, glancing at it casually. I can't seem to pull up her file in the records either. Trespasser, likely. The rules don't say anything about outsiders showing up... bah. Guess I'll just keep an eye on her for a while. Not like there's anything else to do... people just complain that I'm bothering them when I show up. I mean... what's with that?! I mean, all I did was offer the lady some food! I was a perfect gentleman! Oh sh-" Nathan caught himself allowing his monologue to become verbal, and immediately looked at his target to check if they had noticed. Maybe this job wasn't a great idea. I don't mind helping out... but this is boring. Nathan continues laying there, not even trying to hide his visual presence.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:59 am

Like a hawk Sora turns! Like a hawk she looks straight at Nathan and gives him that sort of cheshire cat grin that means trouble! She points, directly at him and then boldly declares her statement of intent!

"It was him! That is our mystery clangaranger! See how guilty he looks! See his outbursts of suspicion! Clearly we must investigate!" With that she strides over, looking up at Nathan and then giving him the puppy dog eye treatment. This was a po-po. She totally knew she'd get caught and thrown out or something if he cottoned on quick enough. So she goes for guilt...or gold.

And she murmurs at a volume only he could hear.

"Please please please don't throw me out. I'm totally useful. I can work. I also have axes. Learned how to use them in three different schools! I'm travelled and experienced! Please please please!"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:28 am

Nathan rests on his side, propping his head up with his right arm. He raises his eyebrow slightly at Sora's comments, but otherwise doesn't move or say anything. Blaming me? Good luck with that. Wha-... what is she doing? Begging? For what? I'm just sitting here watching.

He thinks to himself about the situation, but otherwise doesn't even move.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#008080][/color][color=#F0FFF0][/color]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:32 am

It really was her, wasn't it. Mao watched as the girl ran off towards some guy who had been watching the situation, and she now appeared to be begging. He turned his head to face the wall and saw some "suspicious markings" on it. If Kirkka were to find out about this, I don't think she would be pleased...though with all the recent happening I wouldn't be surprised if she went insane.
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 6:23 am

Silus turned towards the man whom the girl with the "Executioner" pointed, still far from convinced that some "random person" was responsible for this.

"Ya've gotta be kiddin' me," he muttered as he looked up before noticing the girl finding his way towards him.

He still was not to lose sight of his prime suspect. He slowly tailed her and yelled "Oi! Where do ya think yer goin'? Oi!"
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:31 am

Darcil is about to walk into the bar when he notices friend Anders calling for some girl

"Now what in the world is he doing?" He thought to himself.

Darcil stayed back to watch what pans out in the next few minutes, keeping his hand on his holster just incase.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:25 pm

"Gah! You have to save me! Take the fall! Pleeeease?"

She still looks up at Nathan, pleading for him not to rat her out. She had to get on the po-po's good side or he'd have her on the next transport out. And the first transport in was kind of chilly. Cargo holds were terrible places to sneak aboard. She goes for a combo, with those big golden eyes and then starts to let her lower lip quiver.

She had to break him. Before this moody one sentenced her to the gaol! She's clearly fidgeting, not staying too still at all, leaning forward on one leg. This probably wasn't the best way to secure a spot here either. She probably told him too much. Drat!
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Nathan rests on his side, still propping his head up with his right arm.

"You want me, to take the blame for you? I'm all the way up here! I can't do anything for ya. Sorry." He sits up, legs hanging off the edge of the building, and reaches behind him, pulling out half of a potato and begins eating it, looking around the courtyard for other things to monitor before turning back to Sora, anticipating her impeding doom.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Sora gasps, looking appalled at Nathan and then falls to her knees. He has thwarted her plan. He has resisted the most pleadingful of looks she could give. And caused her mental processes to create a new word as well. Pleadingful. She'd use that in her memoirs. She reaches up toward him and then turns to the only approach she has left.

She flops over onto her side, sticking her tongue out and attempting to imitate a possum proper. She was now dead. Well. Not really. Not really doing a good job of it. But she just had to fool someone long enough to get the pity vote and she was set!

"Ack! Struth! I am wounded! And now I die!"

Hopefully they wouldn't notice her opening one eye to peek about....
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:55 pm

As Silus tailed the cuckoo moving closer towards the man, he thought "Never mind the racket for now, what's with these two?"

He then raised his head towards that man and thought again "So what's the deal with this guy? Time to find out, then. And maybe ask about the racket and this loopy lass."
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:24 am

Devlin army crawls up beside Nathan and whispers in his ear "I had a feeling I'd find you up hear sweetheart."
Before a response can be offered, Devlin leaps off the roof, landing face down on the ground next to Sora.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:39 am

She heard a thud! Wait. Why was she hearing a thud? Thud was not supposed to happen. Thud was not meant to be! This could ruin her entire plan. This could thwart her plan! This could do other overly dramatic things to a plan that may or may not actually be.

Still lying there, tongue half stuck out she opens one eye and looks at Delvin, then scowls. Great. Not the tall and toned tomboy wearing sport shorts had this...person...thing next to her.

"Pssst! Hey! I'm dead here! Go be dead over there! You're totally ruining it!"
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:45 am

"Being dead... Being dead..!" Devlin repeats himself a few more times, each time becoming more and more hysterical. Eventually he is on his back laughing like a maniac.
"Being... DEAD! AHA HA HA"
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:55 am

Ok. Now this was bugging her! Her! Of all people! Then she stops and narrows her eyes, turning ever so slightly, ready to go back to possum dead at a moment's notice. Don't think the Sora is letting her guard down! Devlin is treated to a suspicious look. A very suspicious look.

Oh no. Are those....are those really....?

Her eyes go wide as she spots the top of his head. No! Resist! She had to resist! The plan was more important. She had to win the trust of the po-po and make sure she didn't get chucked out for being a seventeen year old waif and stray who smuggled herself in with plans to find something. That would just be awful.

But, seriously. It was getting harder and harder to not...squee. Right at this moment.
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:59 am

Almost instantly, Devlin ceases his laughter, dropping his limbs to the ground, lying flat on his back.
"I think I pulled something. No. I'm just hungry."
Devlin sits up and looks around, his eyes seem unfocused. As he looks, his faunus ears twitch slightly.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:04 am

Noooooooooooooo!

They were too much! The sound that Sora makes is tiny at first, but audible enough. A squee. A growing squee. And then she sits up quickly, attempting to lazily reach over to grab a twitching ear. Then, after a moment she looks around guiltily and blushes. What? It's so not her fault! They're...fluffy! Plus this was the sort of behaviour that her parents would loathe if they ever saw her again.

"Aaaagh! Ears! Must...pet! So close. Yet so far...!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some things bounce better than others. [Open]   Some things bounce better than others. [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some things bounce better than others. [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next