RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:20 pm

"Well, I'll try almost anything as long as it isn't by myself," she said earnestly. "The only stuff I do for fun by myself all sorta hasta do with keeping in shape. I work out a lot, and sometimes I box. I don't ever really do proper sparring 'cause people take that way too seriously, but I would if it was a friendly kinda thing," she said, looking thoughtful. "I do all the normal stuff too, I guess! Watch movies, play games, go shopping. Try and find really weird stuff to balance on to see if I can ever actually fall down.. you know, normal stuff!"

Scrunching up her nose in thought, she briefly ran through her mental list of tricks to keep people's attention. "I know," she said, grinning. "How about you give me a shoulder rub and tell me a story? Anything you want'll be great, as long as the shoulder rub is good!"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:00 pm

"Normal stuff, right.." Most of that wasn't normal, and Arthur knew it.

"Wait, a shoulder rub AND and a story? a little bit demanding, don't ya think?" Great now I have to think up a story to tell. "I mean the shoulder rub would be easy," But Arthur hasn't done enough of note. "Whilst I'm concentrating on that, why don't you share a story with me? I'm sure you have far more to tell than I do."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:29 pm

"Weeeell," she said, scooting herself into place for the shoulder rub. "I guess I could tell you about how I decided to become a Huntress? That seems like it might be a little entertaining," she answered, thinking back with a mental wince. "Once upon a time, a few years ago actually, I thought it would be a good idea to find the biggest tree I could and climb all the way to the top. So I ran around and eventually found this big ole' tree, and started climbing. I got near the top and was standing there, looking around, and man, the view was pretty great! But the branch I was on snapped, and I fell, and fell, and fell, and when I hit the ground I crushed a bunch of bones in my legs, tore a bunch of stuff in my knee, and had some spinal damage. I guess I was lucky with that last bit. If I had hit the ground the wrong way I'd probably be completely paralyzed, or even dead!"

"So after I was in the hospital I had to do a bunch of rehab. You know, learning to walk and stuff again. That part kinda sucked. I found out that even if I regained all the mobility I had lost from the accident, the stuff inside my knee was so damaged that, even though they had managed to fix it, it was gonna be enough of a problem that I'd never be a professional athlete. I was so close to just giving up on the rehab right then and there, because why bother?"

"Buuut I stuck with it, if only barely, and after I could walk and bend and stuff again I started doing more intense training. A bunch of my rehab doctors were all fighters, or martial artists, and one or two were Huntsmen. So I started kick-boxing with one of them! He said it was to help rebuild my muscles, but looking back on it I think I had some pretty serious anger problems 'cause of the whole 'destroying my future prospects' thing. So, yeah, I started kick-boxing. And then I started learning how the other guys fought."

"And then I found out that I had a Semblance! I can't fall down anymore. I mean, I can still fall, like if a tree branch breaks. Or I get thrown off a roof or something. But I can't actually fall down, no matter how precarious my balance looks, every inch of my body sorta.. auto-corrects to keep me stable. I guess if I were to have another tree branch snap from under me I'd be able to catch another branch or something because of it, but I've never tried to test it."

"So, there I was, quickly getting pretty good at all these different ways to fight, and with a trick up my sleeve that they didn't know about! So one day, right near the end of my rehabilitation I decided to take on my boxing instructor and one of the Huntsmen in a sparring match. I mean, obviously I'd never have beaten the Huntsman in an actual fight, but the rules of this match was all about scoring points. So the pair of them were both trying to land hits on me, and I was just bouncing around, doing all kinda of crazy stuff. Balancing on one hand on the ropes of the ring, throwing myself haphazardly along the floor, since I knew I could spring up at any point.. all sorts of things!"

"I managed to score 10 hits before the pair of them together could score 10 hits on me! It was pretty crazy. I still sorta think they were going easy on me, but at the end of the match the Huntsman said I should think about this as a new career. So here I am," she said, finishing her story. "Pretty cool, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Arthur stops rubbing Abby's shoulders once she finishes, "That's far more interesting than how I decided to become a hunter. It must have been great to fight an actual hunter though?  Of course I would have no problem if I were to of course." Arthur was obviously trying to big himself up, but even he didn't sound too confident in himself. That's quite some crap she's been through though, some people have had it pretty difficult.

Now I'm at a loss of what to say, come on, think of something "What what where you studying for when we met?" Great, brilliant, school work, well done you fool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:40 pm

"In the library? It was a military history textbook," she responded, laying back against him. "I started all this pretty late in life, so I'm sorta really behind in a lot of the not-fighting aspects. I gotta try and brush up, at least a little, if I'm serious about being a Huntress, right?" She blinked, thinking back on the story she just told. "It was pretty crazy. People tell me I'm graceful, but that's not me, that's my Semblance. That Huntsman was the definition of graceful. It seemed like he didn't have any wasted movements at all. If it had been a one-on-one contest, even with the rules we had, I don't think I would have won. I'm not sure I would have even landed a clean hit!" Abby twisted around slightly to get a good look at him. "I bet you've been doing this your whole life, though, right? I mean, I don't think I really look the part, but you definitely look the part."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 8:50 pm

"Doing what? Fighting? Yeah, I've been doing it as long as I can remember, I don't know why. I just spent my childhood fighting my friends with sticks. Nothing special, I'm nothing above average like a lot of people here are." Arthur looks around the room, leaving it suspending in silence for a moment. "People here are truly fantastic at fighting, I just trundle along, trying to get by at my own pace. I could never keep up." Way to be depressing. "But you're right, I do look badass."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Abby snorted, reaching back a hand to lightly whack Arthur in the arm. "You shouldn't sound so down about not being some crazy strong fighter! Those'r the ones that burn out too quickly, y'know? They'll take all the stupidly dangerous jobs and wind up getting themselves killed because they don't know how to be a proper team player. People like us'll hafta learn how to work with others to accomplish stuff, and since we won't be able to go crazy on our own we're never gonna wind up getting ourselves killed!" She shrugged, stretching out her arms in front of her and tilting her head to the left and right to stretch out her neck. "I'd bet most of the proper Hunters out doing this for a living were more like us, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:26 pm

This made Arthur feel somewhat better, but it sounded just as if she were trying to cheer him up, but it worked. "Then again, a lot of the teachers here are pretty eccentric, or the ones I've met at the very least." I wonder how many actual hunters there are out there, and how many cam from Beacon?

"What do you think you would be doing if you weren't going to become a huntress?" Arthur moves himself to sit back against the wall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:50 pm

"You mean if I had still had my accident, but didn't decide to do this? I dunno," she responded, turning to face him and moving to a crosslegged sitting position. "I've honestly never thought about it! Before it the only thing I was ever gonna do was be a professional athlete, and after it the only thing I've been working toward was this. I guess I could be a model or something," she said, picking out a career at random. "Or work in a shop or something. I dunno! What about you?" she asked, cocking her head curiously. "You think about not being a Huntsman a lot?"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:08 pm

"Yeah, all the time, anything could happen." And on that note.. "Hey, don't you think we just wash up and get dressed. If someone where to come in, this probably wouldn't be the best time for it to happen, don't ya think?" Arthur ends that with a little chuckle. "It's up to you of course though, we could just sit here like this if you really wanted."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Abby blinked, glancing back towards the door. It would be a little awkward if some of Arthur's roommates were to come back, though Abby probably wouldn't care too much. "Yeah, that's probably not a terrible idea," she agreed, looking back at him mischievously. "How do you feel about long showers? I could definitely go for a nice, long, hot shower," she said, crawling up into his lap and loosely throwing her arms around his neck. "Care to join me?"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Arthur places his arms around Abby, "Long showers? Love 'em, and one certainly couldn't go amiss right now." A sly half smile appeared on Arthur's face "Feel free to lead the way, I'll be right behind." Hmm, I wonder if we have any towels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Abby leaned forward, giving Arthur a quick peck on the lips. "I hope you've got a towel or two in here somewhere, otherwise we might be stuck in there for a while. Nothing worse than getting soaked without a way to dry off!" With that, she languidly rolled off of Arthur and the bed, pulling him toward the bathroom. Once there, she quickly fiddled with the shower faucets, getting the water to the perfect temperature -- hot, but not too hot, before stepping into the shower, pulling Arthur in with her. This was definitely a day of firsts for Abby; she had never showered with anyone else before.

[Fade to Black]
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:18 pm

After a good half an hour in the shower, Arthur stumbles around, looking for something to dry themselves with. "Well, that was certainly a first!" He says, rather exhaustedly "I didn't even know people could do that." Arthur gathers some towels, wraps one around himself and gives the other to Abby. "Here you are, luckily we had some."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Abby busied herself drying off her hair, before scooping up her elastics and tying it all back into her long braid. "Man," she said, quickly patting herself down with the towel. "Just.. wow," she added, twisting around to get make sure she hadn't missed any residual water. "We are gonna need to do that again, really soon!"

Finally assured that she was dried off enough, she scooped up her clothes and quickly pulled them on. "I guess I should probably get going," she said, pouting. "I really oughta go get at least some schoolwork done before it's bedtime," she said, walking over to Arthur and leaning up on her toes for a quick kiss. "If you wind up getting bored in the next little while don't even think about hesitating to get a hold of me, OK? I'll find the time to come over for another 'study session'." With that, she turned and headed for the door, having completely forgotten that she had carelessly tossed her textbook somewhere in the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]   Schoolwork is Important! [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Schoolwork is Important! [Closed]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2