RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Frozen Waste [Open]

Go down 
+2
ecksdeeeXD
JL
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Night

Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:41 am

"I have no reason to attack you and i advise you dont attack me." Night said to the new person who entered, while still holding his weapons.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:57 am

Junis reappears out of nowhere, startling Pierce. It wasn't his voice though. It was how he seemed to appear out of nowhere. This guy definitely had a weird vibe.

Why is he so hostile all of a sudden though?

The wind outside picks up, whipping Junis' cloak. The last of the fire dies out and the temperature drops even lower than the already biting cold.

Pierce turns around to face his companion.

"Grim, we don't need to fight. It's getting darker. Colder. As much as you don't like it, Night here has a safe place to spend the night. Safe enough at least."
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Nights eyes glow brighter indicating that his aura is almost at full capacity. "I dont mind sharing the cave, as long as theres no trouble." Night says staring at the strangers friend. "He is right, its getting colder. This cave is your safest bet." Night says taking his hand off his revolver but keeping it on R.W.M.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:28 pm

As Xarias heads back into the cave, he spots Junis inside along with the others. Xarias didn't remember Junis following them, or maybe he just didn't notice him. He always felt as though this guy might be hiding something, something dark, something sinister. Then again it might just be his get-up and attitude that caused him to feel so uneasy.

Since when did he arrive? Damn, he's creepy

"I got some wood. Anyone have any matches?" Xarias said, as he tosses the firewood into the dead bon fire.

Turning to face Junis, Xarias says, "Yo Black, didn't see you there for a second. So you decided to tag along?"
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:38 pm

"Ill start it." Night pulls out R.W.M. and uses the last of the fire dust in the hilt to ignite the blade. Night then stabs R.W.M. into the wood catching it on fire."That looks good." Night starts feeling a strange aura coming from the person who was being rude. "So, i haven't heard your names yet,it wouldn't be proper to call you nothing now would it." Night says with a chuckle putting R.W.M back in its sheath.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:08 pm

IC:

"No, I advise YOU to not attack me," Junis replied as he glared towards Mr. Stiff, "Lest you shoot yourself to death."

OOC: crap phone post
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:11 pm

"As i said i have no reason to attack you, and you shouldn't judge a persons strength by the way they appear." Night says with a calm demeanor still feeling the strange aura. "You know its rude to not be kind to someone you just met." Night says as he stares into the fire.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:31 pm

IC:

"You also don't be kind to the ant that you just meet."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Xarias watched as the Junis and Night exchanged words. He didn't particularly want to be involved but it would get kinda nasty if it escalated even more. Xarias sat by the fire and stared into it while warming his hands. He heard his stomach grumble and just realized he hadn't had anything to eat since getting to the forest. He opens his sling bag to produce 4 pieces of bread. Nothing special, just a little something to help everyone calm down. Hopefully. For all he knows they might just be hungry.

"Hey guys, catch!" he says as he tosses a piece each to everyone, including the new guy and Junis.

As he throws the bread he munches down on one and just hopes this at least delays any fights they want to pick with on another. It's getting dark and any more activity might attract grimm.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:40 pm

Night catches the bread still looking at the rude guy talking to him. "You know, i still haven't got any of your names yet." Night says as he pulls down his mask to take a bite of the bread.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:48 pm

OOC: Perhaps we should wait for Ecksdee? Might be hard to catch up and we need to balance out any coversations.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:58 pm

IC:

The bread flew through the air before slapping into Junis' arm, and for a second it stayed there before being nudged off. Like nothing had happened, he walked forwards, out of the cave and into the dim silver laced moonlight.

There was nothing to be found within that cave - and it was safer out here, anyway.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Pierce watches Junis leave, his form silhouetted in the cave entrance by the pale moonlight, the fire dancing shadows and light across his back.

What was his problem? Why'd he follow us just for that?

Picking up the piece of bread, he tosses it back to Xarias. Finding as good a spot as any on the icy ground, Pierce sits down and starts toasting his own piece.

By this time, Pierce had started to trust his new companions, if only a little. He could spare them his name at least.

"Pierce."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Well, so much for sharing

Xarias picks up the piece Pierce tossed back to him. He sees him toasting his piece. Xarias takes a bite out of his piece again and replies to the question with a mouth full of bread.

"Fawaiyas" was all he managed to say before he swallowed. gulp. "Excuse me, I mean Xarias"

He starts taking another bite while staring into the fire. He starts imagining the the many things he could do with it. Maybe he could make incendiary rounds, but that wouldn't give much power to his rifle, and he was quite proud of what he already had. Waiting for the reply of the white haired guy, he stabs the piece that Junis threw with the end of his partisan and starts toasting it over the fire as well.

Can't let good food go to waste.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:03 am

As Night stairs into the fire he lets go of his sword. "Night, Night Alexander Striff. Thats my name." As Night says that he runs his hand along the ground beside him looking for a dry spot. "Ah, there we go, excuse me for a second." As he says that, Nights hand begins glowing a dark but bright red as he lifts a slab of stone out of the cave floor and lays it side ways forming a small table.

Night opens his jacket a little and pulls out the rest of his ammo. "Hm...three speed loads of fire, two ice, 8 polarity, and two experimental." Night said to himself as he counted out his ammunition still eating the bread in his other hand.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:09 am

A glint of soft glow catches Pierce's attention as Night takes count of his equipment. In the coat pocket of his jacket he sees the unmistakable Beacon Scroll. I might have seen him before and just not noticed, but given by his er... unique attire, Pierce wonders how he doesn't remember seeing him.

"Hey, you're from Beacon."
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:16 am

Without looking away from checking his ammo he nods in approval. "Hmm." Night lifts up his experimental dust rounds as the bullets on the left glow a light blue as the bullets on the right glow a brilliant yellow.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:28 am

Beacon? So that means this guys a student, Blonde probably is as well judging by the look on his face

Xarias didn't care much about the place but it seemed...interesting. Beacon was for the best of the best. Not just anyone could get in. Maybe he should try out some day just for the heck of it. Xarias takes note of the ammo Night spread out across the makeshift table. Fire, ice, and some others. Xarias was familiar with ammunition because he himself experimented a bit back then. By the looks of it Night relies heavily on his ammo for his weapons. Exhaust him of his supplies and it's just good old fashioned sword clashing.

Xarias, out of habit also checks his ammo. He brings out a couple of magazines he has tucked snugly in his belt and bag. As expected he has plenty of the smaller rounds while his high velocity rounds hardly have been exhausted. He puts them back in his bag and finishes the bread he toasted over the fire.

"You're from beacon? So it's highly likely you're out here either for training or hunting." Xarias said, he wasn't all that familiar with the academy but he knows that they could do stuff like this every once in a while. Only problem is, are they here searching for his target as well?

Only one way to find out

"So what brings you out here to the middle of this wonderful winter wonderland?" Xarias says, with a sarcastic tone in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:39 am

Night still checking his gear pulls out Gold Rodger and clicks the hammer. Gold Rodger then straitens out into a katana. "I heard a rumor about a hidden cave full of dust shards out here, but with no luck i ended up getting lost out here." Night said with a chuckle making sure that his weapon was still in working condition from the new dust round.

"I guess i should apologize about the blizzard. When i heard you in the distance i acted fast and used one of these." Night tosses them each one of his heavy shells with a glowing light blue bullet in it. "Its a rare version of air dust compressed into a bullet, took me awhile to make but it was worth it, even though it worked a little to well." Night then started to return the ammo back into his jacket.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:58 am

Wait, he caused the blizzard?

"Wow, you made that?" Pierce said, gesturing to the storm outside "That's impressive for one bullet."

Pierce thinks about what he's up against. So far he's already met two people with guns, in this mission alone. He wonders if he chose right avoiding firearms. It'd be an uphill battle if he ever had to fight them. Not only that, Xarias' reflexes seemed a little too quick to be normal.

As the two of them look at him, he realizes he hasn't answered yet.

"Hunting. More of training, but hunting, yeah. I heard about an abnormal Ursa around here. A bit of a bounty on it too."
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:04 am

"As i said, rare. It was slightly unstable in the process but i manage to make it." Night thinks for a bit. "Well, i haven't seen one grimm out here since i started looking, besides a few beowolfs..." Night says as he stares into the fire.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:08 am

"You're looking for a cave, I'm looking for an evil bear. This might work in our favor." Pierce says, gesturing to their motley crew. "Strength in numbers."

(OOC: Unusually short post, I'm headed out for lunch.)
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:13 am

Night considers the idea as he goes over the possibilities. "Ill tag along but my semblance wont work in this area. Lets just say i dont really have a fondness of wet areas but snow oddly never keeps me from a good resource." Night chuckled at the thought of not being able to use his semblance at full capacity.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:39 am

Did he just say bear?

Xarias spaced out a little back there. Night can cause blizzards but judging by the looks of it he doesn't like getting wet. Pierce is after some sort of abnormal ursa. Maybe it's the same thing he's looking for. The details of the mission weren't very helpful, maybe it got updated after he last checked it. A grimm attacking people and dragging them into the forest. Seemed a little too much like something out of a fairy tail. Then again the creatures he's hunted have never been anything normal. The only problem is that he's never heard of an ursa inhabiting this area. He always imagined his target to be something like an extremely large beowulf. Or maybe a polar ursa but they've never been spotted in this area. There's one other possible candidate but it's been known to be extinct for some time now.

"Did you just say bear?" Xarias said, as he started getting up from his position. "I've never heard of ursas in this area, then again I hardly know anything about this artic wasteland. I've heard of white ursas but the polar ones are found more in the crystal sea. They're much larger than normal ursas but aside from that the only thing that differs between the two are the fur color and location."

Seems impossible for it to be anything else. The Tundrant is extinct, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:28 am

"That's what it says here." Taking out his own scroll from his pocket. "People have been reporting a massive Ursa, maybe twice the normal size, attacking people. Even breaking down houses. This the first time an Ursa's been reported here, not only that, it's more aggressive than normal, even for grimm standards."

Why would it be angry though. People coming too close to it? Normally grimm only attack in their own territory.

"I can't think of anything that'd cause it to turn like that, huge and angry I mean. Regardless, it's been loose for too long though. People are getting hurt, dying. Homes broken and families lost. I have to take it down." Pierce says, tightening his bracers.

He looks to his companions, shadows from the fire dancing on their faces. These are his prospective teammates.

Night already agreed to help me, he said so himself. He's from Beacon so he's probably good in a fight. He's smart with dust too, something I can't say for myself. He's not in the best shape though, despite us being out in the cold longer, he seems to have taken the brunt of the weather.

Xarias has good reflexes. I've seen em. By the look of him, he's well equipped and has got a lot of ammo. That'll be helpful. He might be after the same Ursa though, which could prove difficult if he's also after the bounty.

"I'm going after it in the morning. Who's taking first watch?"
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:57 am

Night thinks for a bit. "Well if its as big as you say it is, and as nasty." Night goes to the back of the cave and places his hand against the wall. "Good, good, its dry back here." Nights aura starts to flare out of his body in a bright red and trail through the air to his hand.

"Ok get ready!" All of a sudden Night thrusted his hand against the back of the cave and as he did this, dust crystals were pushed out of the wall being held by his aura.

"Hahaha yes yes, lets see. Theres some fire, ice, electric, polarity. Good just enough to take it down." Night began gathering the crystals prepping them to become bullets.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 pm

"I'll take first watch. I'm not that tired and it's a bit too cold for a nice nap." Xarias said, walking towards the mouth of the cave.

These guys might be the easiest way for me to find my target and get the bounty. Might as well stick around a bit longer than usual.

Xarias had a tendency to suddenly leave behind any groups he joined. It's not that he doesn't care, he just doesn't want to get too attached to people. He doesn't like making friends who could potentially die on him. He doesn't want to go berserk trying to save someone and end up being the cause of their deaths himself. His semblance might be powerful, but it comes with a risk. A risk that he couldn't take for the sake of not just himself but for other people as well.  He just can't let that happen again.

As Night starts fiddling with the crystals he's just acquired, Xarias takes position at a good distance from the mouth of the cave. It's not an ideal shooting spot but the narrow passage would make easy Swiss cheese out of anything that comes too close.

Now that I think about it, where'd black go?

"By the way guys. Where do you think Black headed off too?" Xarias said, as he fused his partisan at the hinge to form his rifle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frozen Waste [Open]   Frozen Waste [Open] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frozen Waste [Open]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next