RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Accidental Visit [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tritan

Tritan

An Accidental Visit [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 12:41 pm

The jet roared through the sky as Hira wrestled with the stabilizer controls, smoke billowing from the multiple punctures in the black hull. She frantically looked around the H.U.D panel of her helmet, warning lights and alarms flashing. Not good. Definitely NOT good. One of the ailerons tears off the right wing, sending the jet into a downward spiral, the black smoke getting thicker as the engine begins to malfunction. "Brace for impact!" The ebony-haired dragon yells into the head mic as the fighter plane nears the ground. After a few moments the fighter collides on the icy ground with a screeching tearing of metal, carving out a huge trench in the ground as it skids along, stopping when it's nose bumps the giant skeleton of an Ursa. Hira's vision darkens as her head flops back in the seat, a trickle of blood running down her forehead. That's a really big bear... She thinks as she fades into unconsciousness.

Last edited by Tritan on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:05 pm

The wind whistled past Jacob's ears, throwing handfuls of snow across his bare chest. Two large wolf faunas flanked him as they continued on their hunt for food. The wolf to his right, a huge brute of a man with a thick black beard, lifted his nose to the air
"You smell that?" he asked, his voice a low rasp. All three had a fur cloaks draped across their shoulders. Jacob inhaled a few times through his nose
"Smoke" he grunted. The third wolf, shortest of the three lifted an over-sized axe and pointed towards a small cloud of smoke, gradually appearing on the horizon.
"Bone yard" he said curtly. The wolves burst into a loping run, snow crunching under their boots. The huge skull of the great bear loomed ahead, and the smell of burning intensified. Jacob's eyes caught sight of the crashed plane
"There!" he called out, bounding over the snow and weaving between the immense ribs. The cockpit was visible, not burried in snow like the rest of the craft. The hunting party stared at it
"Human technology" one of Jacob's companions grunted, turning his back and begging to walk away
"There's someone in there" Jacob began walking over to the craft
"Leave them, they have no business here, this land isn't theirs"
"This is sacred ground" the other wolf grunted. Jacob rounded on him
"Don't talk to me of this land's importance, don't forget Rhal, it was my ancestor that slayed the bloody beast!" and with that Jacob finished his journey to the cockpit. He wiped some of the ice from the glass, causing more to form in his stomach. "Hira" he gasped. He whipped Jernulv from his back and lifted it over his head. The reinforced glass shattered under the heavy blow and he pulled the unconscious girl form the wreckage.
"What are you doing?!" Rhal demanded
"I know her" Jacob explained, darting across the snow "she's faunas"
"But she's not one of us" the other wolf turned up his nose in disgust
"She's my clan" Jacob snarled "and if you talk about her like that again I'll cram my bot up your arse!" Rhal laughed, a harsh barking sound
"Let's get her back to the camp, you can take care of her there."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:14 pm

Hira is sitting limp in the cockpit, cables connecting to her helmet and control gloves. The harness and armor panels accompanying it are still connected to the seat. The bottom strap of an eyepatch is visible under the helmet and H.U.D plate, a drip of blood also visible on her cheek. Her equipment is strangely vacant, not there.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:28 pm

The pointed tents of the Thunderfang camp came into view, shaking slightly in the strong winds. Jacob carried Hira through the camp, invoking several confused and worried stares from the other members of the clan. Jacob ignored them. Ahead of them a tall grey bearded faunas, covered in several thick Ursa pelts. The clan leader turned, casting his one eye over the younger wolf
"I sent you for food, not another mouth to be fed" the beast grunted. Jacob kneeled, still clutching Hira in his arms
"Great Alpha of the Thunderfang clan, this girl is my friend" he took a breath "my, mate" he corrected, knowing that such a statement could get him into further trouble "and she wounded. Please permit me to shelter her here until she is well enough to move back to the south" the clan leader stroked his beard
"What if I refuse this... Dragon asylum?" Jacob lifted his gaze, fixing the faunas with a stony glare
"With all due respect Alpha... I'd probably prevent you from having more sons." No sense in holding back now he thought to himself. The Alpha smirked, stepping aside and gesturing to the tent behind him
"Then you'd better get her inside, I'd hate to earn the wrath of the Reaver clan" he chuckled. Jacob nodded
"Thank you Skarvag."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:34 pm

Hira wakes up an hour later with a groan, carefully putting her hand to her head and sitting up. The instant she opens her eyes she tenses and jumps up, looking around and unsheathing a heavy combat knife from her hip, turning so she can see with her right eye, her left eye covered by a black eyepatch with her symbol on it.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:37 pm

Jacob darted forward and gently pushed down Hira's knife bearing hand
"It's ok" he assured her "it's me, Jacob. You crash landed in the bone yard, I pulled you from the wreck and brought you here."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Hira relaxes and lowers the knife, dropping it as her uncovered eye widens. "Jacob?" She asks quietly before lunging and pulling him into a tight hug. "Where am I at the moment?"
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:47 pm

Jacob wrapped his arms around her
"A camp belonging to Clan Thunderfang, near the Hyreck plateau" he drew back a little "what happened to your eye?" he demanded, with a mixture of concern and worry.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 1:55 pm

Hira touches the patch and smiles sheepishly. "An accident with flash powder. I'm wearing this until the vision in the eye recovers."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:10 pm

Jacob chuckled to himself
"I'm just glad you're ok, from the looks of the wreckage, that was a pretty bad crash" he sat down beside her, wrapping another pelt around her "you're not too cold are you? Not enough fuel for a fire at the moment, I hope furs are ok."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:13 pm

Hira laughs quietly. "I grew up in the north, remember? I prefer being warm but I'm no stranger to cold." She says before glancing at the entrance to the tent. "How many are there in the village and will I have to prove myself to them?"
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:16 pm

Jacob followed her gaze
"Just over twenty, and I wouldn't worry about proving yourself, just chin the first wolf who tries to intimidate you, you'll be fine" he winked.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Reaching behind herself, Hira unzips the flight suit and peels the top half of it off, revealing her wrappings. "Bloody thing has no flex..." She mutters to herself as she ties the sleeves around her waist. "Well, might as well meet the camp. Sooner is better than later."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:21 pm

Jacob frowned
"Are you sure? They're not like the Dragons in the mountains."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:27 pm

As Hira stands she rolls her shoulders, the muscles in her arms and shoulder area visibly rippling. "Oh I know that." She says as she turns to Jacob and jabs a thumb at a clan tattoo on the front of her shoulder, just above her wrappings. "If they're smart they'll know about the Mark of the Unrelenting, or the Raziel family mark."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:33 pm

"The Thunderfangs aren't fans of Dragons" Jacob muttered "just remember, if the worst comes to pass, hit someone big." Jacob opened the flaps to the tent and crunched out into the open air. Around the tent wolf faunas were busy at work or caring for the pups, a small group of young kids ran past Jacob, weaving around his legs as they chased one another. The fire was being built in the centre of the makeshift village, and a few of the hunting parties were returning, bearing shaggy Ursas and Beowulfs on their shoulders. Turning back to Hira, Jacob gestured for her to exit the tent.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Standing tall, Hira exits the tent the air around her shimmering as her aura blazes to keep her warm. "Should we talk to the leader? I'd rather be of use so I don't have to scare someone with my semblance."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:43 pm

"That's him there, looks like he's a little busy though, might be best to just find something to keep us busy" Jacob pointed to the imposing form of the grey haired wolf lord, examining the bounty brought in by one of the hunting parties. "We could start readying the food, can you skin an Ursa?"
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Rolling her eyes Hira examines the Ursa. "Jacob, I was raised skinning Elk and other creatures. Give me a sharp knife and I'll be good."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Jacob chuckled
"Oh, you'll fit right in." He led Hira to where three other members of the clan had begun skinning an Ursa. Rhal was among them, he nodded towards Hira
"She's alive then"
"That she is" Jacob smirked "and she needs your knife" Jacob drew his own skinning implement and hefted a Beowulf into his grip
"You can't be serious" Rhal scoffed "that southerner? Skin my dinner?" Jacob rammed the nife into the shaggy fur at the nape of the wulf's neck, and began to tug the fur off, with a hunter's efficiency. He gestured to Rhal and mouthed the words: go for it.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Hira quickly grabs Rhal's wrist and twists it, forcing him to drop it. She immediately picks it up and goes over to her own Ursa, beginning to skin it carefully so the layer of fat isn't touched with deft fingers. "Thank you for sharing." She teases.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:11 pm

Jacob laughed as Rhal rubbed his wrist, signalling his approval
"She put you in your place" Jacob taunted. Rhal grinned and ran a tongue along his pointed canines
"She's got spirit" he admitted.
"She would have" Jacob tugged the last of the Beowulf's pelt free and dropped it onto the snow beside him "she's from the north."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Hira slips the bloodied knife between her teeth as she carefully pulls the rest of the skin from the Ursa. Taking the knife from between her teeth Hira holds it out to Rahl. "I'm from Vorkusha village. Extreme north in the mountains."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Rhal took back the knife and resumed skinning his own animal
"We're further north than the mountains Dragon, out here there's only us wolves and the Grimm." Jacob plunged his hands into the snow and shook them a few times to clean off some of the blood
"Have the trackers returned with the fuel yet?" he asked Rhal
"A few minutes ago, the fire should be up in time for sundown." Jacob turned his attention to the setting sun as it dipped on the horizon. He took a few steps over to Hira and stood beside her
"Hope you're hungry" he muttered "looks like we've caught a decent bounty today."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Wiping her hands off on the snow, Hira stands up. "Something's off. The north above the mountains should be colder than where I come from but I'm perfectly fine in just my wrappings and pants." She mutters as she looks around the camp. Once she's looked around she turns to Jacob. "Honestly I'm hungry enough to eat an Ursa Major... I just hope I won't have to challenge anyone for food because when I'm hungry like this I tend to eat a LOT."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Accidental Visit [Closed]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next