RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
BillyD3Kidd

Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 12:49 am

Caster had agreed to come on their search for Rider, of course. He was part of the team and there was no way he would miss it. However, his head had been buzzing before their investigation had started.

He had grown as a performer, with minimal combat experience and nothing special to fight for. Each of his teammates, however, seemed so much different. They had a past that seemed so mysterious to him. Caster, however, was the son of two students run away to the circus, raised with nothing fancy but all he needed. It somehow made him feel inferior, as if he had something to prove to them.

Suddenly Caster was snapped out of his thought by Mirai calling for them. His eyes shot to the girl Mirai seemed to be casing after and he nooded, sprinting forward. When they came to the spot were the girl had disappeared Caster frowned, clenching a fist. 'Damn it! If I wouldn't have been so stupid I could have caught her!'

"Mirai, I think I can find her." he stated with a swallow, in his head nervous that she would be disappointed with him, yet only mad at himself.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:33 pm

Mirai was looking up ahead towards the mountain, unaware really of Caster's presence until he spoke. Her eyes lit up with Caster's suggestion, but she kept herself calm.

"You can?" Mirai said. "I saw her earlier...she's right in front of me but I hardly noticed her until she was practically out of my sight. But I don't think she showed up right now by coincidence. She wanted to be seen..."

Mirai clutched the skirt of her dress in frustration of herself, but let go. She turned back to Caster while waiting for Rayden to appear.

"So, can I hear how your little proposal?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Rayden looked over to Caster and noticed his nervousness. I see. Rayden was familiar with what he assumed Caster must have felt, a desire to be needed, to be useful but Rayden kept his words to himself he simply waited for Caster to make his move. This is something he must get over alone.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:28 pm

"Oi! What are you three doing out here!"

The call came from the right. A gruffly old man with a shaggy beard stomps toward the group. He had a hunch and walked with a cane. He wore an old fisherman's outfit and sandals as he stomped toward them with an aggravated look.

"You're all strangers aren't ye?" he huffs. "No matter what you do, don't you dare enter that forest and if you treasure your lives then stay away from that cursed mountain!"

The old man waved his walking stick in warning at the group for emphasis. "Chasing a white ghost running from time you knave, then down the rabbit hole you go into your grave! If born from dust man may rise then the devourer of dust is the devil with the fishy eyes!"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Mirai quirked an eyebrow seeing the old man who interrupted. She had a bored expression on her face and she merely crossed her arms as the man came their way.

"Cursed?" she asked. "So there's more to this town then the story of the girl who died eighteen years ago reappearing again? I'd like to know."

Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:59 pm

"Haven't you ever heard how curiosity killed the cat faunus!?" the old man barked. "Bah! Look. See that mountain? See that forest? Many have explored those lands but never returned!"

The old man's eyes darted as if trying to see if they were being watched.

"There was once a man who tried to explore the mountain. He was strong and able, able to wrestle Ursa Majors with his bare hands! He went up those mountains alone to explore and the day after he returned with both of his arms chopped off and his legs crushed and twisted like paper! He crawled all the way down here on his belly like a snake with claw marks belonging to some sort of horrible monster on his back! The cut and rips were not bleeding. They had been cauterized the moment they had been cut, as if the blade or claw was burning with hell fire!"

The old man waved and flailed his own arms for emphasis.

"He came crawling here crying and all he could mutter for two days straight was 'A nightmare lies down the rabbit hole! A nightmare lies down the rabbit hole!' All of this before he died in bed!" The old man spat at the ground and stomped his foot. "That man escaped a terror countless others never came back to tell of! There's a devil up that mountain! Spirits risen from death to curse those who walk into their land! If you want to survive then don't you dare go into that forest!"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Mirai had been staring calmly as the man told the story. When he stopped, she was silent for a while. And then she laughed. The laugh was stale and monotonous.

"Pardon me," Mirai said once she finished. "I thought you were being funny and decided to give you the praise of laughter in response."

She then waved out her fan and covered her face, her eyes sharpening.

"So people have gone missing, you say?" Mirai said. "And a horrible hell lies up above in that forest. In a rabbit hole. Very well, we'll keep our guard, monsieur. And since it's getting late, know anywhere some wandering guests may stay?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:33 pm

"Wha- wha-," the old man stammers, "You think this is a joke girl??" The old man shakes his head in disbelief. "This is a small village and there's only one inn. You'll probably find it just looking around." The man points at a path entering the forest. "You better heed my warning, understand? Don't you dare walk up the Rabbit's Path else the white reaper will claim your soul."

The old man walks away grumbling and mumbling, "Chasing a white ghost running from time you knave, then down the rabbit hole you go into your grave. If born from dust man may rise then the devourer of dust is the devil with the fishy eyes..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Mirai merely had her arms crossed as the man walked away.

"Did you hear that?" Mirai said. "Something's at that mountain. And it's something I want to find out. But let's take care of business first."

Mirai turned to Caster.

"Caster, do you still think you can track Ai?" Mirai asked.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:02 pm

Cater couldn't help but smile as he listened a bit to Mirai and the man, crouching down and holding his hands to his mouth. "Don't fail me now, okay?" he whispered, murmuring into the gloves before setting them to the ground and letting out a shock wave, focusing closely to see if he could feel footsteps in the direction of where Ai had gone. "With any luck. This certain trick isn't necessarily easy... Nor am I necessarily to familiar with using it. But I believe it is our best option." He responded to Mrai with a deep breath.

"You have practiced this trick... a bit. Focus." Caster muttered and bit to himself, trying to feel the differences between solid structures and the girl if he were to sense her.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Up the path, a long walks' distance up the mountain following this path, pass many rocks and trees was a cave. Deep inside the cave, small, light footsteps was calmly walking through the passageway.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:35 pm

"Alright then," Mirai nodded. "It looks like we have a lead. Wonderful work, Caster. Rayden? Rayden where'd you go? We have to follow the trail while it's still hot!"

Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 1:58 am

Rayden had been standing a ways off from the rest with his hand on his blade ready to attack the man should he become violent towards Mirai...or Caster. Once the man headed off Rayden walked back toward his team. "Milady though I question that man's judgement I have to agree that this path does not seem safe." Rayden dropped down to a knee and took Mirai's hand in his. "I beseech thee allow me to go alone." Rayden glances at Caster. "I'm sure Mr. Caster would be more than capable of keeping you company while I journey forth. Don't you agree Mr. Caster?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 2:07 am

Mirai glared at Rider but calmly walked over to him, lifting her skirt the tiniest bit so she could walk. She stopped in front of him...and slammed her heel on his armored toe, regardless if it hurt him or not. She then clenched her teeth and looked at him, her arms at the side and her fists balled up.

"You're not really saying that, are you!?" she snapped. "One: I am student of Beacon Academy, trained since I was young to handle combat. Are you underestimating me!? Two: Was I not the one who persuaded you two to come along? And now you're not going to let me figure out the case for myself!? Three!"

She sighed. She was still staring at him, but her anger seemed to have subsided.

"The reason I came on this mission was to reunite us with our teammate. You know that very well. I can't let you risk going out there only to end up missing. Do you understand me?"

There was a bit of something like worry in her eye, but she kept a straight face.

"I'd die of a stroke precipitated by fury."

With that, she turned away, and then linked arms with Caster and pointed to the direction he had revealed.

"At least you're in on it with me," she told Caster softly, though her eyes didn't meet his. She pointed to the direction of the cave. "Let's go! Before we lose anymore time!"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:22 am

Without missing a heartbeat, Mirai towed Caster down the path he had told the group to follow. Walking up the path, the group would start to develop the feeling that they were being watched, though nothing seemed to happen yet. After thirty minutes of walking, they would come to an end to the path, blocked by piles of rocks. But thanks to Caster's trick, he would have known to walk off the path a bit to the right until they came to a large tree as tall as ten men with many of its roots sticking out of the ground. Looking closely between the roots, the group could notice gaps beneath the tree and sings on a hole hidden under its roots. Not the question lies on how they would get pass the roots down the rabbit hole.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:13 am

As Mirai stood by the roots, she tried to peer down as down as she could, but didn't get far in seeing anything.

"We've found the rabbit hole..." Mirai murmured. "But now our problem is getting down."

Mirai had a feeling that there was another method of getting through without having to destroy the roots of the tree.

"Everyone look around for something suspicious that might give us a hint on how to get past this."
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:37 am

"Mirai, allow me." Caster lifted a hand, making an O shape with his fingers and letting the sun shine through. The light focused to a beam like a flashlight, the size of the space in his hand, and went down the hole.

"Any chance you can see anything now?" he asked, making an effort to keep the beam as straight as he possibly could. "I would rather not have to do this for too long." he added.

As he focused the beam his eyes also scanned the area curiously, looking for any kind of hint in the land.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:46 am

Even though Caster shines his light, not much else can be seen. At a specific side of the tree, beneath the roots on that side, rather then a hole descending downward, it looked like the ground gradually sloped downwards like a ramp.

The roots above that area also seem off. There were four roots all lined up next to one another. A faint spot of dirt is on top of the third one that looked like a foot print.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:08 pm

"This looks pretty interesting," Mirai said as she looked at the third root. "Caster, thank you for the light, you can put it out now. I wonder what would happen if I..."

Mirai tried pressing down on the root with her own feet, hoping something would happen.

Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 pm

The root sank into the ground with a mechanical click. The four roots retracted back revealing an opening for a person to walk in, or considering the faint tire tracks going down the gradual slope, wheel in.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Mirai smiled smugly as the way in had opened up.

"It looks like we've found the rabbit hole..." Mirai said. "That was a bit easier than expected. I sure hope that old man doesn't die of a heart attack if he realizes we've gone in."

Mirai examined the wheels and her thoughts went back to Rider's assistant, whom, according to Rayden's accounts, had a skateboard.

"Alright, you two, let's get going," Mirai said. She had propped up Rosemary, just in case. She definitely didn't believe in curses, but the feeling of them being watched earlier made her keep her guard.

We've found the rabbit hole...but the problem is if the rabbit's home.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 7:52 pm

As the group went in they could hear the entrance closing automatically.

It was dark and damp as the group entered down the rabbit hole. The slope went down several meters before going into flat, straight path. It wasn't hard to see in the tunnels at all as the walls had lanterns of glow dust to light the way. Looking around the group could see remnants of discarded mining equipment and clumps of dust crystals sticking out of the rocks.

Everywhere from the walls and the ceiling, the group could see letters inscribed everywhere declaring a warning.

If down this rabbit hole you go, then the white reaper shall take your soul. Away with you if you do not belong, else you will hear the tune of death's song. If strangers come with weapons to try, then off with their heads and they will die!
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:02 pm

Caster looked around at the dust crystals, biting his lip as he resisted the urge to take them. "I don't think taking these would be a good idea..." he murmured to himself, wanting the free dust but feeling as it that wouldn't be the best idea.

His eyes them met the writing, scanning over it and humming to himself. "Rayden, would you like to take the front? I can cover our rear and lady Mirai can stay between us." Caster felt like Mirai would be apposed to this idea, but it seemed like the safest approach.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:12 pm

The dampness and dirt had been gathering at the edges of Mirai's dress and the path's width was making it uncomfortable. With a sigh, Mirai stopped midway and unhooked a part of her girdle, revealing that the outer part of the skirt had been detachable and that the upper half of the blue dress' skirt remained but now only up to her knees, revealing her dark black stockings and sharp silver-colored boots.

"Damp, dark and scrawled over with irritating rhymes," Mirai muttered as she stepped over the abandoned part of her skirt.

Later on, Caster suggested Rayden taking the front while Caster remained behind her.

"I'm quite fine taking the lead," Mirai argued, but she waited to see if Rayden was going to protest. She stopped walking and stabbed Rosemary's tip into the ground, using its handle as a rest as she waited for a reply.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Without saying a word, Rayden stepped forward in front of Mirai. He wasn't happy that Mirai had gone into the tunnel despite the warnings they were given but knew better than to fight her on the matter. Instead he would take an opportunity for risk in order to keep her and Caster way from it. His hand moved to his blade but he did not draw it, The last part of the rhyme leaves me worried but for Mirai's sake I will still draw Chevalier should the need arise. Rayden began to step forward deeper into the tunnel and would continuously glance around taking note of anything that would stand out amongst the wall.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Mirai's cheeks puffed up seeing that the two had her surrounded in a the form of a little guard. Her eyebrows twitched angrily but at last she sighed in exasperation.

"I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted," Mirai said. "Because half of this says you think I'm incompetent of protecting myself. But I'll punish you two for that later. We need to get at the end of this path."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 pm

The group continued down the tunnel for some time. The tunnel seemed to gradually expand, getting larger and larger, until twenty men could walk shoulder to shoulder in it and the top of the cave was so high that the light of the glow dust could not reach it at all.

Suddenly, a deep, vibrating voice called to them, the sound echoing off the walls making it sound like it came from all directions.

"Who dares to enter the Rabbit Hole....?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next