RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beacon Library (open)

Go down 
+7
xariasfury55
Tritan
Shemskis
Kooplah
Scarlette Nightray
Shortstop
Icrus505
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kooplah
Head Admin

Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Okay, calm. I'm calm! Remain calm now... Kaali froze briefly as Silfurion closed in, helping her hold the rifle correctly. She tried to hide any discomfort and seemed to relax after taking a long breath and focusing on the description being provided. Fires dust, huh? Somewhat standard, at least around here...

As Silfurion finishes his explanation, Kaali smiles, lowering the rifle and half-stepping away from him, then offering him the weapon back. She nods her head slightly in thanks, followed by her eyes briefly shifting to the table where her notepad lay, hinting that she needs her hands free to write something. Her ears turned sharply at the sound of someone shouting in another area of the library, followed by her head turning toward the sound. It was quite obviously unrelated to them, however, so she ignored it.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Silfurion took the rifle back before stepping towards the table. Popping his neck, he extended the barrel and unfolded the scope before pulling a pin at the back of the stock. Grasping the cheek rest, he swung open the entire top assembly, revealing a complicated mass of machinery and glowing lights.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:40 pm

As Silfurion took the rifle, freeing Kaali's hands, she grabbed her notepad and flipped it to an open page to begin writing, only to pause as Silfurion showed off the interior of the weapon. Ohhhh, shiny... Staring at the lights and mechanics for a second, Kaali blinked a few times then returned to her notepad, scratching something out. A few moments pass, but fortunately she writes quickly then shows it to Silfurion in front of her.
Kaali wrote:
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Silfurion looked thoughtful for a moment after reading. "No melee weapon. I rely on dodging to get around attacks. And I'm not sure about the ammunition, I've never tried anything other than the two dust types." As he was speaking he grabbed the canister of blue dust and snapped it back into place. The internals of the rifle whirred for a moment before a chamber at the back started glowing and a sharp crystal of dust slowly grew out of it. After a moment of growing, a ring of machinery on a track slid back around the crystal and with a hiss clenched around it, breaking it off. "This is how I project the rounds. This securing system then fires along the track and slams the round into the barrel. I actually invented the system, it's called a dust-ram." He carefully extracted the crystal inside the ring and de-activated the loading system. Holding the crystal out, he nodded towards it. "Go ahead. Take the crystal, I have no use for these one they're out of the chamber." He squeezed the trigger and the ring flew along it's track like he said, hitting the back of a barrel with a quiet clack.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Watching closely at further demonstrations, she seemed fairly interested in the weapon, but Kaali raised an eyebrow at the offer of the crystal. Instead of taking it from him however, she raised up her notepad after writing something.
Code:
It doesn't work anymore? Why?
  .. my weapon doesn't use
     crystals.
She smiled when she showed the notepad, which seems to be a standard occurrence for her. Her expression showed curiosity though, slightly mixed with confusion as dust is not a subject she is an expert in.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:28 pm

"Oh, I have no use for the crystal because I can't slot it back into the rifle. And just take it, it still works as blue dust it's just in crystal form." He smiled awkwardly before setting the crystal on the table and closing the rifle.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 2:46 am

Code:
  The dust from a crystal is
 too impure for use by me. But I
 suppose I can take it. Thanks.

Kaali, retaining her usual smile as she holds up the notepad for Silfurion to read, reaches with her free hand to the table, picking up the crystal. She brings it in front of her, close to her face and inspects it closely, before dropping her arm to the side and nodding to Silfurion in thanks. Her eyes wander briefly due to the somewhat awkward moment created, and she focuses on the chemistry book Silfurion had opened and was looking at. Turning back to the tall student in front of her, she points with the hand holding her notepad at the book, an inquisitive expression on her face as her one of cat ears protruding from her twitches twice rapidly.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:37 am

Smiling at Corbenik, Talen says, "Nothing really, I just so happened to be looking for something to do. I thought maybe a good read would be nice." Motioning to the book she just picked out randomly she points to it without even reading the title first. She knew Corbenik wasn't that much of a talker so maybe reading beside him would be ok, she opened her book and read the first line on the page she landed on: "the various flora of the emerald forest include..." suddenly closing the book she stands up and says, "I'll be back in a minute. I have to look for something else to read. This seems like something Rowan would be interested in."

Making a gesture indicating the book was boring she hops over to the literature section to pick up something worth reading. Sifting through the pages of various books she comes upon one about a boy and a promise he made, not caring that it was a children's book she took it over to the previous table and sat right next to Corbenik again, smiling as usual.

"Got a book I might like." she said, somewhat proud of her choice despite it being 1/50th the size of what Corbenik was reading.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 6:30 am

Talen shrugs, not really that keen on keeping track of  everyone. Still a bit confused to what Corbenik was mumbling earlier, Talen smiled awkwardly and said, "I...don't...know? I just came here on a whim." sounding more like a question then an answer. Giggling a bit, she opens her book and starts wagging her tail upon seeing the cute pictures of a boy and a girl on a hill, trying to resist the urge to squeal in the library.

After reading a few pages with some pictures she holds the book out for Corbenik to see saying, "Look! They're so cute!"
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 6:52 am

Upon seeing the book Talen's eyes glittered and her tail started wagging even more. Suddenly becoming an avid reader, Talen enjoys the book, mostly the illustrations, letting out a little squeal once in a while. Realizing how childish she was acting, she  straightened her posture and cleared her throat then proceeded to reading quietly but her tail continued to wag uncontrollably, hitting Corbenik every once in a while, and her ears twitching every time she likes a drawing.

This is amazing, the puppy is soooooooooo cute! Oh, I have to keep it down, I might disturb other people.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:29 am

Directing his eyesight to the book, Silfurion remembered why it was he came to the library. "Oh! Yeah, I'm out of nutrient gel and I needed the chemical formula for it." He said sheepishly as he pulled out his scroll and typed something in. Kaali seems nice. Should I get her contact information? "S-so.... would I be able to uh... uh.... CouldIhaveyourcontactinformationitwouldbeniceplease?" He blurted out in rapidfire.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:41 am

Nutrient gel? I see. Nothing that interests me then. Kaali stared for a few moments at the chemistry book, thinking. She was snapped out of it when her new friend said something, much too fast for her to know what it was, though. She looked up at him and tilted her head, trying to think of what it was, before rapidly flipping to one of the early pages with one hand and pointing at the third question on the page containing several simple, generic questions.
Code:
Who are you?

What is this?

What did you say?

Why?
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:46 am

Silfurion stuttered for a moment. "I uh... uh.. um... Well.. could I have your contact information? It would be nice to talk again at some point." As he spoke he quickly wrote down the formula he needed. He narrowed his eyes at one of the chemicals in the formula and quickly switched it out for a different one.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Talk again...? Maybe... Her nearly constant smile fades briefly as she considers a few things, but she responds by pocketing her notepad and pulling out a small scroll and holding it in front of her, pointing it toward his for some fancy wireless contact transfer. When her device beeps once, signalling the transfer is done, she nods once and returns it to the pocket it came from.

Before long, Kaali is writing in her notepad again, having pocketed the blue dust crystal.
Code:
Sometime maybe I can help
 you modify your rifle for
    other dust types?
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:24 pm

Silfurion smiles. "That would be nice. Well, I have to go get working on this nutrient gel, I'll see you later alrighty?" Strapping his rifle to his back, closed the book and placed it back where he got it, then headed towards the door, waving over his shoulder. "C'ya."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:39 pm

Kaali simply nods, raising her free hand in the air waving once. As her arm lowers, she returns her notepad to its pocket and grabs the textbook she originally came for, taking a seat at the table to look through it for a few minutes, studying it's contents.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:09 am

Closing the textbook after only a cursory glance through it, Kaali decided the book did not need any further reading as she returned it to its rightful place on the shelf. Perhaps I will work on another task for today... As she is wandering down the isle, she comes to the end and spots Corbenik in his usual spot. She smiles warmly, though mostly to herself, and pulls out her notepad, beginning to write in it as she walks toward him and his friend in plain sight with her tail raised slightly higher and her ears focused forward. Her warm smiles remains glued to her face as she approaches.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 4:06 am

Keeping her eyes peeled on the book her tail wagging gets even faster and a large grin shows on her face as she nods vigorously. After a while she notices that her tail was actually hitting Corbenik, smiling sheepishly she says, "Sorry about that, it's just...you know...the book."

Showing the book to Corbenik once again, Talen points to a picture of a puppy playing with a kitten in a field of flowers, grinning so much that her smile reaches her ears. Taking the book again and placing it on the table she continues reading and while trying to keep the wagging to a minimum but her ears still twitching every time she finds a picture she likes.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:56 pm

David soon walks into the library. He has been needing two books. One for mod ideas, and the other so he could repair his arm. he looked down at it, and saw that its gyros were off again. He tried to close his hand, but it simply got half way before stopping. Ugh.....damn now timings off. He walked over to the robotics section, before taking a seat at a table. He opened the book, and looked his arm over. Let's see here.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:08 pm

Mike skipped happily into the library, looking for Nathaniel. He hadn't seen him for a while, and wondered where he had got to. He had decided to check the library. It was simple logic. Nathaniel was a quiet guy and a library is a quiet place. As he walked through the large room he found it difficult to keep himself quiet as the rules told him to. In direct contrast to Nathaniel, Mike wasn't a quiet person. Nevertheless, he tried his best to keep quiet.
Back to top Go down
Queso

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Schrödinger imagined himself standing in the library, he then suddenly appeared in the library, wearing his girl's beacon uniform, like usual when he was at Beacon. He needed some alone time, he was beginning to get bored of annoying Seras and needed something else to do, he didn't particularly enjoy reading, it was quite boring to him, unless he found a book he really liked, but that was rare. He figured that he might also be able to socialize in the library, depending on how strict the rules are at Beacon. He sat down in a chair at one of the tables and pulled out a book, he began reading it, but soon got bored and simply looked around the room, noticing Mike He looks like he is looking for somebody. He thought to himself as he watched Mike from over his book.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Mike continued searching for Nathaniel, not noticing him sat in a corner alone. He caught sight of Schrodinger watching him, and wandered over to him. "Have you seen a person... Quiet... um..." He thought of features that could be used to define Nathaniel. "Oh, and a creepy mask on his face." He remembered. He tried to keep his voice lowered, but it was a little difficult for him to control his volume.
Back to top Go down
Queso

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Schrödinger looked up as Mike walked towards him, when Mike asked if he had seen Nathaniel he restrained himself from saying "Well that's hard, everyone here is quiet" but when he was given more information he smiled, he hadn't seen anyone wearing a mask, but at least he had been given more information. He looked up to Nat and said "Nein, I have not seen anybody vearing a mask recently, ven did you last see him?" Schrödinger then looked around the library to see if he could see anyone of Mike's description, not seeing anyone due to a bookcase behind him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beacon Library (open)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next