RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beacon Library (open)

Go down 
+7
xariasfury55
Tritan
Shemskis
Kooplah
Scarlette Nightray
Shortstop
Icrus505
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

Beacon Library (open) Empty
PostSubject: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 5:49 pm

Week 15

The Beacon library, home to thousands of books and sleeping students. One student there was Marlin Masters, a 3rd year student at Beacon. He has kept to the library most of the time, reading tales of adventure, horrifying tales, and ways to make dust more potent. Today was more of a relaxing day. He had been reading about a young man who ran from home after murdering someone. He had found the book captivating to say the least. He just sat in the corner reading it. Truly a great work of literature.

Last edited by Icrus505 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Ron walks into the library. Finally, some damn peace and quiet. He walks over to the horror section and grabs a book from an author he likes. I don't see why this qualifies as horror, very little of it is scary, he thought to himself. He walks over to a cushioned chair and relaxes to start the book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:16 pm

Chelseas day at the poison and plant shop was up.
She had remembered that she needed to pick up a new book for the shop due to the last one being lost
She walked up to the library and entered, going forward to a man she thought looked like he worked there
"Excuse me, do you know where the books on plants are?" She asked the man
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:36 pm

The man pointed her towards the back area. In the back there was an area filled with plant based books. Further back sat Ron, and in the deepest corner sat Marlin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:38 pm

"Thank you" She said as she walked towards the back
She flipped through the books for awhile before settling on one that would do the trick before the shop could order in a new one
Chelsea began to walk to the fiction section
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:15 pm

Scarlette Nightray sits at one of the secluded desks in the Beacon Library, quietly reading a book of the White Fang. Scowling faintly, she hated the conclusions the humans made about the fauni, all because of the White Fang. Subconsciously running her hand over the scar that runs across the bridge of her nose, she continues to read.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Marlin continues to read. he soon needs a place holder. He lifts his hand, and a bookmark in front of a faunas begins to float. He then pulls it over to him, and marks his spot. Good book. He stood up and walked by the girl. He looked down at the book she was reading. "I see you read of the white fang. I would suggest against it. That book is to bias." he reached on the shelf behind him, and grabbed a book. "Here this book is more on facts. Not biased opinion."
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:26 pm

Her eyes narrow a bit at the book, then back to the book on the desk. "I chose this book to see exactly what type of nonsense is being spread out about the White Fang, and how the fauni are being looked at because of the White Fang." Scarlette speaks softly and quietly. "I find it... Intriguing to learn of how the humans see different organizations, such as the White Fang." Scarlette nods at him, clearing her throat. "But thank you, though. For the, er, recommendation."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Marlin nodded. "I see. You wish to learn how the world sees you. Understandable." He just thought about his face. I know how the world thinks of me. He looked back at the girl. His eyes glowing as always. "As for the white fang. I see them as hero's whose hearts are in the wrong place."
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Scarlette looks up, seeming to look beyond the cloaked man. "... From, 'erm, past experience, I've learned that they are no heroes. W... They've killed for the simple joy of killing." Scarlette's eyes harden as she speaks. "Indeed, their hearts are in the wrong place, but, once again, they are no heroes." Scarlette holds her gaze with the man's glowing eyes.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Marlin nods. "You seem to be looking at a single group of them. I know for a fact some white fangs do things without violence. Of course I am merely stating an opinion." He said in a calm voice. "Their action do not aid or lessen my opinion of Faunus however." He looked at the girl in front of him. Even if Marlin, though dressed as a normal student, he spoke out of wisdom, and experience for looking different.
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Scarlette lets out a subtle sigh, running a hand through her bangs. "Neither does it for me, for I am a fauni myself," She states quietly. "The fauni community is frowned upon, though, because of them. And it's because of how the White Fang has been doing things lately. I understand that not all White Fang... Resort to violence, but a majority do, from what I've seen."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:53 pm

Marlin nods. "Indeed. As for me I have no feeling for or against faunus. I do not care about what race some one is. I merely look for how a person acts. A person should not be judged on by a appearances. Sadly it happens daily. I should know." He said not even blinking, his eyes seemingly piercing her very person.
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Scarlette continues to hold her gaze with him. "It is... Indeed a shame of what this world has come to be... But I suppose we just have to accept it. I know it's weak of me to simply accept this world, but not much can be done. Too many people are influenced by the media now adays."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Marlin stood there for a second or two. "That maybe true, but know this. Do not accept the world as it is. Instead be better then what has been set for you. The media may say things, but some understand that is usually wrong. For example the weather men can't even get that right, and they expect millions to believe all faunus are bad. I for one do not listen to them. Experience is the true teacher for those who wish to understand the world. No one person has the same experience, so make sure yours is a good one." He said his face blacked out by his hood all visble his yellow eyes.
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Scarlette lets a moment of silence pass, before nodding at him slowly. "Thank you... I will... Keep that in mind..." Scarlette closes the book in front of her, beginning to stand. "Well, it has been a pleasure speaking to you... I have... Some things I need to tend to..." She drifts off, and nods at him once again.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:14 pm

Marlin nods as he makes for the door. He walked out the door. As he walks back to his dorm Marlin feels like a hypocrite. "I may talk as if have accepted how I look, but no one could understand how it feels to look like this. Like some sort of monster." He just sighed as he kept walking. He placed his hand on his head, and felt his scared face. "I am a monster. All I can do is hope my words sunk in."
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Ron had read through the first chapter in peace and quiet. However, not a page through the next chapter people near him started talking. First signs of frustration was a twitch in his left eye. He isn't able to read when others are talking, his heightened sense of hearing didn't help. As the conversation went on his foot began to tap impatiently. Finally, his knuckles began to turn white from an increased grip he had on the book.

Before their conversation was over, Ron got up slammed the book back where he found it and stormed out of the library thinking, I was too hopeful for quiet.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:34 am

As Ron made his exit, shoving the door open rapidly, there was additional resistance to the door, as if an obstacle was in its path. The fact became quite true when several books tumbled everywhere onto the ground, followed by a girl in a Beacon school uniform, marking her as a third year student. She looked up from her new spot on the ground at Ron as he held the door open, but only for a second as she quickly shifted her gaze down to the ground, pushed her glasses up slightly, then began collecting her books, saying nothing.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:38 am

Ahh, shit. You messed up again, Ron thinks to himself the moment he hears the books fall to the ground. "I'm so sorry!" Ron says immediately. Still holding the door open with his foot, he bends over to help collect her books. "I should have been more careful! Are you alright?" he asked realizing he should have asked that earlier.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:48 am

Kaali's ears twitch slightly when Ron begins speaking, but she doesn't look up as he helps collect the books. There are 15 in all, and most of them are manuals or at least someone technical books about mechanics and engineering. Having collected half of them or so, Kaali stands with the stack and waits for Ron to place the rest of them on top. As she stands, however, a small notepad fell from her pocket, and she doesn't appear to have noticed. Yay, a nice person! I hope he will open the door for me again... She smiles slightly and nods in reply to his question, but still says nothing in reply.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:12 am

Ron finishes picking up her books and places them on top of the ones she is holding. He holds the door open for her since he was leaving the library. Why doesn't she say anything? Am I that horrible looking? he thinks to himself. "Anyways, sorry once again."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:28 am

Kaali doesn't seem to notice the concern on Ron's face, as he stacks the books, limiting her vision due to the height of them. Still, she seems to not be struggling with such a heavy looking stack. She passes Ron as she enters the door, smiling sheepishly to him, unable to thank him further while carrying the books. She quickly steps inside the room, and sets the books down on the return counter to the right of the doors, then turns around to face him and reaches for her notepad. Of course, when she noticed it was gone, she frowned, looking back to the stack of books, then to the floor around her. The pad was outside the library and out of sight due to the door's frame.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:24 am

Once she has stepped inside the library, Ron turns no longer holding the door, and is about to walk down the hall when he notices the notepad on the floor. What's this? he thought as he picked it up. Is this hers? he thought looking back at the closing doors. I should probably check, just in case.

He catches the door just before it shuts and walks in. Ron looks around and he quickly sees her to his right. He walks up to her, holding out the notepad asking, "Is this yours?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 am

Kaali lifts her head slightly to see Ron enter carrying something, and when he lifts it up for her to see, inquiring about its owner, her eyes light up a little and she snatches it from Ron's hand. Immediately she flips it open like a reporter who just saw their next big story, scribbling rapidly in it for several seconds before flipping it around to show Ron what she had written, smiling pleasantly.

Code:
Thank you!

Ron was given only a moment to read it as she flipped it back around, repeating her previous actions. When she showed it again, it had a question just under the previous words.

Code:
What is your name?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beacon Library (open)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next