RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beacon Library (open)

Go down 
+7
xariasfury55
Tritan
Shemskis
Kooplah
Scarlette Nightray
Shortstop
Icrus505
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Kooplah
Head Admin

Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 5:14 am

Puppies? Mildly entertaining, but in the end a distraction. Thinking on her answer a moment, Kaali only shrugs in response to both of Talen's comments. Her posture is formal, for someone sitting on the floor in a public setting. She doesn't appear to have anything to say, as she is simply sitting there.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 11:08 pm

Wasting no time to answer Corbenik's question, Kaali holds up her notepad only a few moments later, her left ear twitching once as she smiles happily.

Code:
 Classes are uneventful.
 I have had no problems.
I carry my weapon with me
 at all times now.

After a moment, Kaali's attention shifts to Jacob, who has hidden himself in a book. Did he not sit down here to join us? I wonder if we will disturb him.. Her eyebrow furrows briefly before she returns to facing Corbenik and Talen.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:13 am

Kaali nods in response, tilting her face down slightly as she was patted on the head, a mild uncomfortableness being partially hidden as she did. Gahh... quit it...

She quickly stands as Corbenik leaves the circle of chairs around the table, waving to his back as he departs the area. A few seconds pass, before she drops her hand, and turns to face Jacob and Talen, dipping her head slightly toward each of them as she begins to depart. Walking away, she watches Corbenik heading toward the door before resuming her previous task of research.

Heading toward her previous table, she looks at the empty table briefly before recalling that the book she had was returned to its shelf. Her pause ended as she turned and headed back a few isles, passing David's table as she did. Without spotting him, she heads down one of the isles and starts looking through some of the shelves on engineering and robotics. Hmm.. I wonder if there is anything on propulsion specifically... or flying maybe! That'd be awesome. Oh man, that'd be so cool! Wow, I gotta figure out how to make Daedalus flight capable. Though... that would require a major rework. And I do have studying to do... but this is more important! Her expression goes through several stages as she looks at the shelf. Excitement, to confusion and thought, back to excitement... several times before she grabbed one of the books and began heading toward the tables once more.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 am

Finishing through the book she was reading, Talen puts it back on it's shelf before bowing towards Kaali, indicating that she had to leave. "Sorry to be leaving on such a short notice." Talen said. "I have stuff to do, homework and whatnot." Waving towards Jacob who seemed to be a bit focussed on his book, Talen says. "Bye to you too, Jacob. And, Kaali was it? It was a pleasure meeting you, hope to meet see you again on campus again." Taking her leave, Talen smiles at Kaali before leaving, checking out a book she got earlier then bringing it with her as she left.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:31 pm

David went over to the book shelf by Kaali. He looked up, and down before spotting the book he needed. He reached up with his right hand, and grabbed a book on flight. That wing will be fixed In no time. He thought as he went back to his table. He moved things out of the way, as to not knock them over. He set his backpack on the table, and opened its right wing. "Let's see.....seems that the fifth feather is a bit blunt. I need it to be nice and smooth in the air." He then marked the wing with a marker. He would do this a few times. He then set it down, and looked at his wings carefully inspecting them.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:40 am

Kaali didn't notice David's book selection as she was inspecting the one she had gotten, but her attention was drawn away when David setup Icarus on the table, extending its wing. Wings!? What the heck, this is perfect timing. Eerie. She watches David work for a few seconds, while trying to determine if she knows him. Another person I do not know. I should just watch for a bit.

Kaali observes David's work for a bit, in a very non-discrete way. Slowly she had walked almost up to David's table, practically staring at the backpack weapon. Her attention is focused solely on it as she imagines her own machine raining death and destruction from the sky, carried by those wings. A slow smile appears on her face as she becomes lost in her own musings.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:34 pm

David soon looks up to see Kaail in happy daze of some sort. He blinks a few times as he watches her. "Um.....hello." He said nervously. David could do many things. Meeting new people....not one of those many things. He waited silently for a response.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:04 pm

The third year student stands there briefly, still caught up in her thoughts. She does come around though with a slightly startled look on her face as she spots David watching her. She quickly shifts her eyes off to the side in a fruitless attempt to ward off her embarrassment of being caught snooping. Dummy! Too much daydreaming about... well, too much daydreaming. Giving up on that idea, she grabs her notepad from its pocket and flips it to a page, revealing a series of questions on it. She is pointing to the second question on the page.

Code:
Who are you?

What is this?

What does it do?

What did you say?

Why is that?

When?

As she holds the pad up, she awkwardly smiles, trying to forget her previous thoughts and focus on learning about the device before her.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:19 pm

David watches for a moment as he reads. "Well this is my 1c4ru5 unit, or Icarus. My own little creation." He said as he took pride in his weapon. He looked at the wing and gently inserted the feather back in. He hit the button and the feather locked into place. "How's that Ic." The wing moved and folded, until a small screen came down over his eye. [Wings better, and will be flyable after I run some tests.] "Thank you Ic." [....New question why talk to me when there's a girl standing next you?]
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Kaali raised an eyebrow as David spoke seemingly to his backpack. She quickly noted the screen over his eye, however, and understood. AI? Interesting.

Watching him briefly, she walks around the table, having given up on any embarrassment seeing as how she's been accepted as an observer. She stops on the other side of the table and leans in to inspect some finer details on Icarus. She pokes at it in various spots a few times, nodding to herself as if she is learning from a simple prod of the backpack. Another few moments pass and she stands upright, holding her notepad up to David after writing in a blank page.

Code:
Can it carry more than your
 weight? Any hidden armaments?
I see the guns on the wings...
Top speed? Maneuverability?
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:01 pm

David looked at the questions one by one and smiled. "Nice to meet someone this fascinated in tech. So let's run down the list shall we. As for the weight thing yes, I can carry an extra person if need be. The armaments right here." He said pointing out where he kept his grenades. "Ic can pick up speeds at about 75 mph going with the wind, against 25, and to side about 50. And he can maneuver just as any bird."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Kaali nods at David's answers, maintaining the notepad in the air and ensuring its readability. She looks over David with a calculating expression as she considers the weight capabilities. Hmm, he says one extra person. Does he mean one extra person his size? He is quite short and light looking. Though, with that arm, maybe not...

Her eyes eventually roam back to Icarus, inspecting it once more as David finishes his question answering. Fast, very maneuverable. Its not... too bulky. That could be remedied with the removal of the weaponry and computer systems. Something like this might work.. maybe. Though, logistical control of the thing would be a nightmare in itself. Hm. David had finished answering her questions, though all Kaali did was lower her notepad, maintaining her comfortable smile that she almost always wears. She seems to have gotten past her previous blunder, and looks to be thinking, her eyes darting back and forth over Icarus. Almost like she forgot David was present.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:57 pm

David looked at the girl as she looked over Icarus. "I take it you like flying?" He asked as he tuned the weapons on Ic. He was looking mainly at the sharpness of the wings, and the mechanisms inside to make sure it was working. [I told you already internal systems are fine. Talk to the girl. Your a short midget, name one time you will get this shot again?] David just rolled his eyes as Ic typed.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 10:24 pm

Kaali looks up to David as he speaks, and she ponders his question for a moment before writing on her notepad in response.

Code:
Considering options of flight.
Never flown in open air before
 though. Ineffective. Show
me a test flight sometime!

After raising her notepad, a thought springs into her mind as her face lights up briefly. Giving David ample time to review what she wrote, she rapidly flips the book to one of its first pages, revealing a well written introduction page. She smiles a little more, waving once with her free hand in greeting.

Code:
 My name is Kaali Charen,
third year at Beacon Academy
 in Vale. Nice to meet you!

In smaller print at the bottom of the page, it reads, "Emergency contact information on last page!" Otherwise the page is well worn, but easily readable.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 pm

David smiles at her. "David Maloney, first year. Pleasure to meet you." He said extending his right arm for a hand shake. "As for a test flight I can show you today need to make sure Icarus is nice and tuned up." He said as he beamed a warm smile.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:30 pm

Kaali simply nods once, acknowledging David's introduction, before lowering her notepad and writing in it. Her scribbling is swift, but when she flips the notepad back around the writing is surprisingly neat.

Code:
I have no more classes today.
I am free any time.

Although, I should probably bring Daedalus, so I have something to do in case this ends up being boring. Hmm. I'm sure it works though! Kaali's face reveals her thinking to herself, but she quickly shifts her eyes back to David and returns the warm smile, with a hint of excitement for seeing Icarus in action.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:58 pm

David nodded. "Tomorrow sound good?" He asked as he put Icarus back on. He looked at the 3rd year, and returned the smile. His wing opened up a little, and waved to the girl. David then looked at the little screen. [Tell her is say hi.] David rolled his eyes, before telling her the message.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 3:06 pm

Raising her eyebrow at David's message, she looks at the backpack strangely, then nods to... it. Her notepad becomes raised again, revealing the same writing as just a moment ago, but she points to the first line with her pen, drawing a line under the word, "today". She frowns slightly, trying to imply she can't tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 4:06 pm

David looks at the notepad and shrugs. "If you want sure. I'm actually out to test his targeting system right now." He says as he heads to the door, and waits to see if she follows.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Kaali happily followed David to the door, excitement filling her face as she stopped at the counter to check out the textbook she almost forgot she was carrying. Finishing that, she met with David at the doorway and raised her hand signalling for him to wait, as she wrote something in her notepad, using her newly borrowed textbook as a table. It was visible as she wrote it, and as she finished the last words they got a little squished as she tried to save a bit of space.

Code:
I want to stop by my room first.
Tell me where you are going and
 I can meet you there in afewMin.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 5:49 pm

David read the note, and nodded. "Okay then meet me at the cliffs then. I'll see you there." He said as he began for the door.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:49 pm

Kaali nods to David, raising one hand up and waving once, before making her way out the door and heading to her dorm to drop off her new book and pickup her weapons and notebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beacon Library (open)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5