RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:57 pm

The Search Begins

-Month 2, Week 10, Friday

Despite being renown for hunting Grimm over the course of its existence, one of the most defining aspects of the Arks lineage was its insatiable curiosity. Over the last few months, rumors of a fugitive from Xiake Shequ spread fast throughout the Vale's premiere warrior circles. They spoke of a Hei-Gung master who fled the isolated city-state after breaking one of its cardinal laws. Naturally, any fighter interested in learning the secrets of Hei-Gung searched throughout the kingdom to find the mysterious man from the east.

Tyonis Arks was among those that coveted this ancient knowledge. Xiake Shequ vehemently adhered to a policy of isolationism, greatly limiting trade outside of tightly controlled circles. Their foreign policy, combined with the high language barrier, made the exchange of knowledge extremely difficult, if not nigh impossible, unless one was given special privileges to enter into their society.

As a side-project during his time at Beacon, Tyonis managed to triangulate the elusive master's position. With a destination set, all that mattered now was finding someone capable of speaking the man's language.

His investigations into the local populace led him to believe one person proved capable of speaking said language: Fei Xian Zi, a First Year student, talented with a simple spear of foreign design.

Fei Xian Zi seemingly appeared out of thin-air; Tyonis had a hard time believing that her skills could go unrecognized for so long. Her transcripts into Beacon were full of exemptions despite having no formal history of combat training or enrolling in a combat school like Signal Academy or Sanctum. He deduced she had some ties to Xiake Shequ, perhaps she was even from that foreign country. With that in mind, the swordsman sought to confront her and enlist her help to act as a mediator between himself and the mysterious Hei-Gung master.

He stood in the First Year locker room, leaning against his own, as he patiently waited...

Last edited by Fire Lotus on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:13 pm

With the week of classes over, Fei found herself surprisingly relieved, her usual workaholic nature fading away in the wake of the relationship she had. Smiling to herself, she had decided to call it a day instead of staying behind to study like she usually would have. Little did she know, that her past would come running back to remind her of who she was, and of the name she carried. To Fei, her name was a stranger and a friend, she knew it yet didn't understand it; it was hers yet at the same time foreign to her. It had been a long time since the young spear-wielding Huntress-in-training had thought about her past, every time she tried, only a painful headache and a blinding white flash accompanied her attempts. With time, she simply forgot all about it and went on living her new life here at Beacon Academy.

Yet a nagging feeling at the back of her head began crawling up, covering her brain with doubt, wonder and curiosity. She didn't remember any parents, a home, not even a landmark that would remind her of her mysterious origins. Did she just come out of thin air, then? Was she a ghost that stole some poor girl's body and rose from the grave? Looking at her hands, she frowned, they were delicate, beautiful and porcelain white; yet at times at night she would look at them and notice how deathly pale they were. Sighing, she closed her eyes, stepping into the locker rooms to put away her books for the day when .. THUMP .. she bumped into something, or someone in the way of her locker.

"Oomph .." She would say, stumbling back. "I'm so sorry, are you okay?" She would ask, looking up towards the young male.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 pm

Tyonis was lost in his own thoughts, so he failed to notice Fei walk into the room until she finally bumped into him. A slight amount of embarrassment and concern washed over his face before it vanished behind a conditioned mask of aristocratic apathy. He pushed himself off the wall and raised his hand to pacify her apology.

"No harm done, Fei Xian Zi," he replied after kneeling to pick up her books. He stood and offered the pile to her.

"Forgive my lack of tact, but are you familiar with Xiake Shequ? I have a certain task that requires someone knowledgeable in the language and customs of that eastern country."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Skylar reached into her locker to retrieve her weapon, having stored it there overnight. She was hoping to get some practice, or even some sparring in over at the arena. She clipped the device to her side, the metallic click familiar to her ears from years of hearing it, I hope I can find someone to spar with. It's so much funner with other people. She closed the locker gently, locking it behind her. She began to walk towards the door before she heard a boy talking to someone else. She heard a name she thought she recognized, Xiake Shequ! That's the place that developed the hei-gung! She thought excitedly. She had her own way of fighting with her aura, but a major weakness that she knew she had was that opening her inner gates always led to major fatigue. I wonder if either of them has a connection to that place. I could definitely use some instruction on how to fight without my semblance. She held back, just listening to their conversation for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Fei nodded, smiling as she extended her hands to take the books from him, holding the pile against her chest. She listened to his words and blinked, nodding as he finished. Though she wasn't familiar with the name and did not visibly seem aware of it's existence, it did bring up a sense of nostalgia in her. For the moment, she didn't answer him, walking over towards her locker. Unlocking it, she put the books inside and carefully thought over her answer, then slowly closed the locker door and turned around to face him.

"Well, before that .. you seem to know my name, and you seem like a gentleman. May I have yours?" She would ask, tilting her head.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Tyonis stepped aside as she went toward her locker.

"Excuse my breach of decorum," Tyonis bowed his head to hide his dissatisfaction. In his excitement, he failed to yield to propriety. "I am Tyonis Arks, 14th Heir to the Arks lineage of Hunters, and 1st Year Student of Beacon Academy."

He slowly stood from his bow.

"I come to you because of your... mysterious origins and your apparent eastern ancestry. If I am mistaken, I will trouble you no longer."
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Fei tilted her head at his strangely regal and majestic behavior, his simple appearance disguising it well. Nodding, she smiled, silently stating that it was nice to meet him.

"No, your not wrong, I am familiar with the name. It is a warrior community far to the East, past the great Mountains of Tien-Zhai." She would say, the knowledge flowing from her tongue, the locked away memories being unlocked by the mere mention of her home. As if it was meant to be so.

"Why?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:23 am

At her explanation of Xiake Shequ's surrounding geography, the corners of Tyonis' lips curl into a slight smile for a moment, before the expression vanished under a veil of conditioned, aristocratic apathy.

Rumors have spread among certain circles of a fugitive from Xiake Shequ," Tyonis began to explain.

"He is supposedly a master of Hei-Gung, a type of martial art that focuses on Aura control and technique. As a Hunter, I wish to learn the secrets of Hei-Gung. But I cannot speak the man's language nor am I privy to their sense of etiquette."

He motioned to Fei, "So I've come to enlist the help of one who does."

Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:17 am

Skylar smiled excitedly, This couldn't be more perfect! She thought as she heard the two speak. This was exactly what she needed, someone to teach her how to fight without using her semblance. Making up her mind, she stepped out from behind the row of lockers. She found the two standing there, and said, "Hey there. I couldn't help but overhear your conversation." She stated, holding her hands behind her back, "If you are planning on learning from that master," She said, "I would like to accompany you if I can. I'm in need of some serious training, and this man sounds like the perfect person to teach me." She looked between the two, hoping they wouldn't take offense to her eavesdropping.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:52 am

Tyonis turned his head sharply at the stranger, eyes narrowed as he analyzed her. Years of paranoia and distrust reflected in his eyes, but after a moment his expression softened.

"You have me at a disadvantage. Your would be..?"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:21 am

Fei nodded, eyes never leaving Tyonis's eyes as he spoke, as if delving deeper into him to find out any motives other then the spark of curiosity and desire to learn that seemed to drive him. Tilting her head the other way, she smiled again. "I see, very well then. If you know where he is then I will accompany you and help as much as I can." The young Huntress would say, slipping the lock around the lock and resetting it's combination. Then, when another, newer more softer voice came out; Fei turned her head to look at the new arrival .. or eavesdropper, whichever one, before turning her head back around to stare at Tyonis.

Shrugging slightly, she stepped back and leaned against a locker, letting the gentleman explain. It wasn't her little expedition after all.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Skylar watched as the boy seemed to become very suspicious of her, and she couldn't really blame him. She was listening to their conversation, after all. Her cheeks grew a little hot as she said, "Oh, excuse me! I'm Skylar Hart, a first-year here." She said, shuffling her feet just a little. "If this is a more private matter, I'll get out of your hair." She said, albeit with a hint of sadness in her voice. She wanted desperately to learn to better wield her natural power, but, judging from the boy's reaction to her appearence, she wasn't sure if he would let her tag along.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 1:55 pm

Tyonis evaluated her for a moment before nodding.

"This is an unofficial project, and will take us out into the frontier, where the Grimm run rampant. I would not be against your company, provided you can fight - which I am sure you can, as a student of Beacon."

Tyonis held up one hand in warning.

"However, once we find the elusive master, you must defer to Miss Fei Xian Zi when it comes to proper manners. We aim to represent the Vale to a foreigner, after all."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:08 pm

Skylar's face lit up at the boy's approval, and she nodded enthusiastically, "Of course!" She said, ecstatic that he was letting her come along, "And you won't have to worry about me, I can fight." She said, addressing the boy's thinly veiled concern. She smiled as her excitement shone through, Alright! This is gonna be fun! She thought as she looked over at the girl leaning against the lockers, "Oh, and what might your name be?" She asked looking back towards the boy, I hope we leave soon though!
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 pm

"I am Tyonis Arks, 14th Heir to the Arks lineage of Hunters, and 1st Year Student of Beacon Academy." Tyonis introduced with a bow. He motioned to Fei.

"This is Miss Fei Xian Zi. She will act as our interpreter, if required to do so. She will also be our guide through any of Xiake Shequ's proprietary customs." He explained as he came to a full stand.

"If you two are so willing, please ready any equipment and we shall be on our way. I have a private flight awaiting at the Skydocks."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:52 pm

Skylar was a bit confused by the boy's titles, but upon his mention of having an airship waiting for them, "Oh my gosh! That's awesome!" She exclaimed, surprised at how well prepared he was for what seemed like a very impromptu mission. Her eyes shone with excitement and she said, "I'm all set." She said, "I don't think I need anything else, and you don't have to be so formal." She said the last bit with a bit of a giggle, "But if you two are ready, I am too!"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:25 pm

Fei nodded, smiling as the two seemed to be warming up to each other's company. Pushing herself off the locker, she waved to the two as she walked away. Though she was a little surprised by how forthright the gentleman was towards introducing her for her, she did not mind. Talking was never her specialty.

"I need to go get some supplies and my equipment, I will meet you two at the docks, get to know each other, hm?"

Fei would say, turning away to walk out of the locker rooms, heading towards the other side to dress, arm herself and then a short trip to the dormitories to retrieve some basic survival and medical supplies.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Tyonis nodded as Fei walked off. He retrieved a large rutsack packed with wilderness survival gear and motioned toward the door, indicating that Skylar should walk ahead of him.

"Propriety, decorum, and integrity are all that separates mankind from wild beasts, Miss Skylar Hart." Tyonis explained, as if it were law.

As they made their way toward the Skydocks, Tyonis inquired about his new companion's combat skills, weapon proficiency, and her preferred role in a team. In spite of his demeanor, the noble lad was still unaccustomed to working in even the smallest of squads and thought that prior knowledge would help hasten the transition.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:24 pm

Skylar had to stifle a laugh at the boy's comment, "Okaaaay..." She said, a bit off put by the boy's over-formal nature. She shrugged it off, figuring that she had to deal with it if she wanted to meet the master from the east. She made small talk with Tyonis, explaining her relative inexperience, as well as the massive amount of aura that she possessed. She didn't have any experience working with a team, and she said so, as well as asked about the boy's own background. His very prim and proper demeanor was still something she found odd though.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:51 pm

Tyonis briefly explained his upbringing as an Arks' heir. The grooming process one had to endure was not full of happy memories - accomplishments surely, but not necessarily enjoyment.

Although he did not express it, he was worried about their cohesion and team synergy. Tyonis was skilled in personal combat, but he did not yet possess the situational awareness one required when working with allies. Quite frankly, he was so used to hunting on his own that he never had to bother with honing that particular set of skills and reflexes.

Hopefully book theory would be enough. He grimaced at the thought of relying solely on the written word instead of hard-earned experience. There was something romantic about learning lessons on the battlefield - romantic and extremely dangerous.

"I look forward to working with you, Miss Skylar Hart," he said, his voice belaying none of his concerns.

They finally made it to the Skydocks where a private airship sat waiting, their pilot bowing at the waist as the pair approached. Tyonis nodded at the man and introduced Skylar.

"Miss Skylar Hart, please enter first and help yourself to the Arks hospitality. I will standby on the dock to welcome Miss Fei Xian Zei." He motioned to the staircase leading into the airship.

((I'll leave it to you to describe the airship interior. Think a CEO's private jetplane.))

Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 3:57 pm

Skylar nodded at the boy's comment, "I look forward to working with you, as well." She replied, smiling back at him. He should be an interesting one to work with. She thought as they came upon the large airship. Her mouth opened a little as Tyonis told her to make herself at home in the huge craft, "Wooow..." She said rather breathlessly, "You must have one rich family!" She said, thanking the boy before entering.

She climbed in and looked around, marveling at the extravagance of the interior. There was a row of leather seats on either side, and a couple flip up tables were spaced in between the seats. Skylar could see that the seats could recline as well, a footrest flipping up from underneath. She looked closer to the rear of the craft, seeing a medium-sized refrigerator and freezer. She walked over to it and opened it, taking out a soda and cracking it open. She took a seat, popping up the footrest and placing a hand behind her head. She sipped on the drink, Wow, this is awesome! She thought as she relaxed.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:17 am

Fei could be seen coming towards the port where the Ark was currently docked in, the young girl was dressed in her oriental battle armor, it's patterns and form of dress very foreign and not a common sight around the parts of Vale. In her right hand she carried a small satchel, possibly filled with medicine, food and whatever else the young Fei decided they would need in their journey to meet a member of a society she had long forgotten. Walking up towards Tyonis, she bowed her head and smiled.

"Shall we go, Tyonis?" She would ask, gesturing towards the airship entrance.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 11:01 am

Tyonis nodded and motioned for her to enter first, taking note of her alien dress. He followed after, the staircase folding up right behind him. He placed his rutsack into an overhead compartment then exchanged a few words with the pilot, who stood at the ready. Soon, the airship took off, a gentle rumble the only indication that they had begun their journey.

He smiled slightly upon seeing Skylar take full advantage of his airship's facilities and sat across from her, a small, rounded table between them.

"I'm glad you are enjoying yourself, Miss Skylar Hart." A butler appeared from one of the back rooms and begun to take their orders for meals.

"The flight will take a dozen or so hours," he informed after requesting a steak. "Lavish yourself on these creature comforts, for they might be the last you partake of, at least for awhile. We journey deep into the frontier, our final sign of civilization will be a small town called Oakshield."
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 10:08 am

Fei smiled, not used to such fanciful accommodations and the lavish decor, noting that the patron she would be accompanying on this little adventure was indeed one of either noble birth or born into a higher calling. His simple attire was a rather cunning, indirect and unintentional way of hiding all of it. Keeping the satchel close, she chose a seat far from the others and sat down, crossing her legs. Not knowing what to order when the servant came along, she smiled and considered her options before nodding, settling on a steak and a cup of tea. Sitting back, she looked out the window and found herself marveling at how impressive this machinery was; being able to float, fly and carry them. A place she was not familiar with. Oakenshield. What an adventure. Fei's thoughts ran wild.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:11 pm

Skylar smiled, quite clearly enjoying herself in the comfortable setting. She asked for a steak as well, completely unused to being waited upon like this. She sipped her soda before saying, "Please, no need to be so formal. Just 'Skylar' is fine." She said a little teasingly. She thought about Tyonis' last comment, This is gonna be such an adventure...Oakshield then...sounds like an interesting place. She looked over to the girl, "So, Fei was it? What's your story? You don't seem to be from around here." She asked, curious about the foreign attire the girl had on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]   Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miracles of Ancient Wonder [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next