RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]

Go down 
+2
Swordslinger
Kooplah
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Swordslinger

The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:23 pm

Robin couldn't resist a slight chuckle as Byron sailed through the air like an heavily armored rabbit bird thing.

Anyway, time to get out of this mess herself. She had a much less fancy way of getting herself out of the pit then Byron's importune flight.

Namely, running up the side of the pit and reaching the top that way. Boring, but practical.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Robin's attempt to run out of the pit failed, as the dirt gave way and she slipped, sliding back down. Her second attempt was a success, however, got her safely out and allowed her to check the status of her team. They were in disarray, with one of them nearly being tossed back into another pitfall, only to use his weapon to great effect, catching himself and keeping him from falling in. Byron now stands on the edge of the pit, his weapon in passive mode. He is closest to the temple as it stands, but nobody is able to see it through the smoke coming from the second smoke round that was fired.

Axel is standing up now, having blocked several spikes shot at him by a trap by making excellent use of his aura and armor. David, however, is not in such a good position. His leg is badly bleeding, and he is trying to move but appears unable to.

The highly mysterious voice echoes through the smoke screen once more. "Hey, I got you guys! Don't forget that you can give up at any time! I won't hold it against ya! Although, you might fail the test or whatever." A faint sound can be heard as he finishes speaking, the sound of a round being chambered in a bolt action rifle, for those who could recognize that sound.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 10:54 pm

"Oh great." Robin sighed, "Byron, do you think your Semblance could expose the guy? Reveal his location somehow? Axel, get David some first aid. He should have some in his pack. Watch out for any traps though."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Byron tried to look around but as he was after being tossed and turned so much he was in a disarray and even he has trouble figuring out his exact location. Hearing Robin's command, Byron nodded and snapped his fingers.

"Welcome... to my Wonderland..."

The entire area and the smoke disappeared. Byron stretched his semblance out to a 500 meter radius. The opponent seemed to be using some form of sniper rifle and that was the rough average a sniper's range is.

The area turned into a field of grass and roses. Giant lolipops were scattered about, each one the size of a tree. There were some pretzel sticks the size of street signs scatters around as well.

"Rather boring one," Byron murmurs looking around, "But most of the places that could have provided cover for a sniper are gone now.... problem is..." Byron looks down at his feet and scanned the ground, "Now even I can't tell where all the traps are...."
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:17 pm

"That's fine. We just need to find him, so don't move." Robin said, looking around, "If you see him, point him out."
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:37 pm

It was hard for Axel to see anything in the smoke. "David, can you call out? I can't see anything in this smoke," he yelled out loud. With a little concentration, he heard David's groans of pain, and Axel slowly made his way over, carefully trying to avoid triggering any more traps. Still, it would be difficult with the smoke.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:44 pm

David tried to move, but was unable to. Normally he would use his wings as a way to walk, but with the one damaged. He was not moving soon. "Just listen to the sound of me groaning. You'll find me." Need to apply pressure.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:10 am

Axel, feeling (figuratively) his way through the smoke found David. He looked at David's body and identified the wound. "That's serious." he muttered. Axel reached into his pockets to withdraw a cloth, which he turned into a tourniquet and wrapped it around David's upper thigh. He then looked at the wound more closely and felt it a little. "Alright, it looks like you might have some fractures from the impact of..." - he looked around and saw the bear trap - "...the bear trap. But it doesn't look like anything's broken. Still, I don't have anything to clean the wound. You're going to need to focus your aura onto it and heal what you can before I can get you out of here."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:16 am

David looked up to Axel. "If I'm goanna do that you need to make me mad." He said trying to sit up. "My aura comes out when angered or near death. Since I'm neither right now I can't. Byron! Get Dorm to make me mad.....just not over the top. Rather not go brezerk"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 am

Robin saw a faint movement very briefly in the distance, but its impossible to tell if what it was... if it was more than her eyes playing a trick on her. If it was something, it darted out of sight, behind some delicious looking candy protruding from the ground. "Dang! Look at this giant sucker! Its huge! Oh... its fake. That's lame. Hm. I'm kind of hungry now. I wonder if I can get Olivia to bring me more food. HEY OLIVIA! WHERE YOU AT?! I'll just call her." Silence follows.

Kirkka is caught standing in the distance, far to the left of the party. She appears to be observing, and doesn't move even though she was spotted. She has, however, taken note of the 12 beowolves that are coming up on her, struggling with the invisible forest around them. Hopefully she doesn't lead them to the party.

Olivia hasn't been spotted, even with the visual changes of Wonderland. Its possible she's still fighting those nevermores, or otherwise distracted. That fight did take place a fair distance away now.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 2:47 am

Axel said, "Who's Dorm?" He thought aloud a little bit. "Mad, hmm? I think that can be arranged." He kicked David's injured leg. The kick was certainly enough to cause quite a deal of pain, but he was careful not to aggravate the fracture. "There. Need to be even more mad?"
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:37 am

Robin shook her head at now unseen voice.

"Okay, found him. He's a little strange." She said, taking note of Kikka to their side, "Do you think you should drop the semblance?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:43 am

David winced in pain from the kick. He reached for his leg in pain. "Well not as mad as, annoyed, but it will do." He said holding his leg. The area around his leg became engulfed with a dark flame like aura. After a few seconds it dissipated, and his leg was better. "Now I need tell you it's still in pain, but the blood has at least stopped. Give me a hand would you." He said holding out his hand hoping to get help up.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:13 am

"It would be the better option at this point," Byron nodded smiling. With a snap of his fingers, Wonderland disappeared and the group found themselves back to their previous situation.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:10 am

As Wonderland vanishes, the smoke filled forest returns. However, those rounds have ceased emitting smoke, and any lingering smoke is causing only a mild visual annoyance. You can see in all directions, with the temple being darkened slightly by the fading smoke. Kirkka can no longer be seen, and there is no reply from the temple voice.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:12 pm

With the smoke cleared enough for them to roughly see their surroundings, Byron glances at the temple and sees he is relatively closest to it. Taking in his current surroundings, Byron treads carefully around the surrounding traps and made his way towards the temple.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:58 am

Axel pulled David up. "Let's move towards the ruins so we can set you down," he said. "Help me look out for any more traps."
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:11 pm

Robin, having learned from her mistake, motioned for Axel and David to follow her through the traps at a slow but steady pace. This time keeping an eye out of anything, especially mines.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:13 pm

David nodded and kept a watchful eye out for traps. "Left of you is a bear trap. Watch your step." David said pointing at a rusty old trap.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:15 pm

As the team moved ahead, the traps became every more lazily setup, some not even being armed properly. Byron was the first to make it past the field, and nobody seemed to step on any more mines or other things that feet hate. The smoke is clear from the area now, and that boarbatusk is still on the edge, watching the team. It appears to have gotten tired of waiting and tried navigating the traps, because near it there is a spike trap that was activated, and a large spike is sticking out of one of its legs. It is limping slightly from it, but appears to be too focused on its target to bother.

As Team Amber stands in front of the temple, looking through the open entrance they see a large pedestal, facing away from them. Several stone seats are positioned in front of it, but are almost entirely broken from use and age. In the far left corner its easy to spot a large speaker, plugged into several small devices, with various lights on them. Its too dark to see exactly what they are, but its easy to guess that one is a power source, and the other is some sort of receiver. A now familiar voice can be heard coming from the setup. "You guys made it! Nice. Fortunately for you I suck at climbing this stupid rock, and I couldn't get back into a good position to kill you. I mean, shoot at you and slow you down. ...Anyway, there's the scroll. Grab that and come on back outside. I'll even kill this moron boar for you, as a prize!"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:35 pm

"After you fearless leader," Byron says with a smile and a bow of his head, gesturing towards the scroll.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Robin sent a quick glare at Byron and moved tentatively to pick up the scroll. Timidly reaching for the scroll, she half expected it to have some sort of booby trap. Scratch that, she FULLY expected it to be a trap.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:02 am

As Robin steps around the large pedestal, she spots the scroll. A large scroll. A large, dusty, ancient looking... 300 pound scroll. About three feet long, and six to eight inches in diameter, neatly rolled up on the stand. This thing isn't meant to be carried. Who makes something this large and heavy? Jackass professors, no doubt. Still, the voice seems to know that this is the right place... and unless he's trying to trick the team... then this is it.

Overall, the interior of the temple appears to have no traps, as everyone takes in the sight. There is very little remaining in the way of details and decoration, aside from an abandoned cobweb and a few chips in the walls. The place should make a good place to break if needed. Recalling that the professor mentioned a five hour time limit, a time telling device such as a non-rolling scroll would tell the team that they have been out here for nearly two hours already; Leaving three hours to get the scroll back to the top of the cliffs.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:14 pm

Robin looked blankly at the scroll that lay in front of her.

"This is it?" She said, looking slightly irritated, "...You know, I thought I'd be a little more mad, but at this point, I really don't care." Shaking her head, Robin looked back to her team and checked her scroll.

"Okay, we have three hours left, we can stop here for a break if you guys want, and come up with a plan."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:18 pm

"Sounds good to me," Byron replied, "How about some lunch? I brought a thermos of tea and some sugar cookies.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:24 pm

David sat down, and pulled out his sandwich. He was about to eat it before, but the Grimm attack ruined that for him. He looked over his sandwich. He pulled out a small canister with the words [PURE EVIL] printed on it. On the back was warnings, about not to use to much. David opened it up and pulled out a small bottle, and unscrewed the dropper. He looked at the dropper before throwing it aside, and pouring it on the sandwich. The sandwich made small sizzling noises, as David took a bite. Needs more spice.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:29 am

Axel took a black energy bar from his pack and began to eat. In between bights, he spoke up, "So what do you plan to do with this scroll? It shouldn't be too hard to haul this thing across flat ground? If we wanted, we could drag it along on top of wooden rollers, but getting it up the cliff is going to be tough."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next