RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]

Go down 
+2
Swordslinger
Kooplah
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Empty
PostSubject: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 10:57 pm

Timeline: Wednesday, Week Eight

Nobody seemed to care whether or not you were a morning person, as you were required to meet at the top of the cliffs overlooking the Emerald Forest at 6 in the morning for this team building exercise you got a message about recently. None of your other team members had any information on what it entailed, just that it was supposedly going to require working together to accomplish some goal. As you reach the top of the cliffs, you are met by a group of several people. One of them you haven't seen before, or maybe once. She is standing off to the side slightly, and spotted your team coming up the path but continued with whatever it is she is doing on her scroll. She is short, just a little over five feet. She looks to be wearing some light armor, with heavy boots and bracers, outfitted with small armor spikes. On her back rests a holster that has five swords, three parallel to her waist, and the other two pointing their hilt over her right shoulder. Perhaps the most noticeable part of her is the cybernetic jacks that have replaced her temples along the side of her head.

Standing to her right and in front of her is the much taller Kirkka, whom you've likely seen around the school doing various tasks, mainly working in the garden. However, her attire is different than normal. She is wearing light armor plates over her shoulders and upper arms, and a dress of varying reds. Her staff is in her hands, and she is resting on it. She smiles warmly as the party approaches.

Third, Professor Kenneth Feldspar stands in front of the two, and greets the arriving team.
"Ah, here we are, Team Amber. I hope you are all prepared for this morning's exercise. Introductions first I suppose." He motions to each person behind him as he speaks. "This is Kirkka Scarlet, and Olivia Yakolev. They are graduates of Beacon Academy. Kirkka maintains the school grounds, so I'm sure you have seen her before." They both nod to the team as he motions to each one. "Now that that is over, let's get on with the explanation. You four are being tasked with returning my old scroll to me. It is out in the forest, near the ruins. All you have to do is head out there, grab it, and bring it back. But don't break it! You will all receive a pass or fail grade on this assignment, and breaking the scroll will result in a fail. Teamwork will be the only way to succeed here! Questions?"

Last edited by Kooplah on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Timeline stuff I forgot!)
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:01 pm

Robin, the leader, stepped forward, "What kind of Grimm are there sir?" She asked, getting the general question out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:15 pm

"Ah, but as hunters and huntress we can all deal with grimm on our own without aid. That is what we are trained for," Byron smiled stepping up. "Question is, what challenges will we have to face that will require teamwork dear professor? Surely you can't think we would believe that only grimm will be in our way after all."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:20 pm

"Ah, Mister Hatter is correct. The grimm in the forest shouldn't be too much of a problem... as long as you steer clear of some of the larger ones. Now now, it wouldn't be much of a challenge if you knew exactly what you were getting into, now would it?" He smiles at his own reply, which he apparently thought was superbly clever.

Olivia, off to the side, had since put her scroll away and was now looking over the group of students closely, inspecting each one.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:34 pm

Robin spared Olivia a glance but turned her gaze back to Professor Feldspar, "No, it would not." She admitted begrudgingly.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:39 pm

Byron looks at Kirkka and Olivia with his good eye and smiles tipping his hat to them. They weren't there just to be eye candy, Byron figured that much and had an inkling as to why exactly they are there but remained quiet and turned back facing the professor. "I do love surprise parties," Byron said simply with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:43 pm

David looked at Olivia. He leaned to Hatter. "Something's up." He whispered to Hatter. "I have seen that girl before. Back at the coffee shop. She was there for something. Then a big explosion happened. Long story short I was placed in the hospital for a bit."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:54 pm

Byron doesn't immediately respond to David. He simply nods his head once knowingly but remained quiet.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 12:03 am

"Alright then, with that out of the way, let's get started shall we? Oh, I forgot to mention. You only have five hours to return the scroll to me." He turns toward the edge of the cliff, checking his wristwatch before looking down into the forest below. "Looks like that timer started about four minutes ago. Off you go now!"

Kirkka steps out of the student's path, still smiling calmly. Olivia watched David closely after he made his comment, but didn't say anything, and eventually turned toward the cliff edge, pulling out her scroll once more and fidgeting with it. Looked like she was sending a message or something. Hard to say from this angle.

OOC: Updated first post to include timeline notes because I forgot. Also, during combat, non-strict post order should suffice. Meaning wait for everyone to post, but you don't have to follow an exact order.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:13 am

Axel, who had been staring out across the distance over the Emerald Forest turned and said, "well, what are we waiting for? Let's get started." He pointed at the catapults on the cliff top that had been used in past initiations. "Are we free to use those?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 am

"We may get split up if we use those," Byron said. "It'll be better to walk. Well, unless one of you guys happen to have something to tie us all together?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:17 am

David looked at Byron. "Agreed."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:37 am

"You can use whatever means you like! I will happily catapult you if you stand on the pads." The professor was pleased at the opportunity to catapult people off a cliff. Too pleased. However, he didn't move from his spot, only looked at the students, hoping they decide to make use of them.

"I can use dust to safely lower everyone if you like. There's nothing in the rules against helping them with that, I believe?" Kirkka briefly looks at professor Kenneth, and he nods in agreement to her. She returns to the team, awaiting their reply and she pulls one section of her staff out from its holster, clutching it in both hands. "The choice is yours though. Its your challenge, not mine. I'm not here to make decisions for you." She is smiling slightly, revealing a peaceful and calm demeanor. Her words didn't betray her, as she spoke lightly.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:45 am

Robin looked to her team, stopping them in their tracks, "What do you guys think?" She asked, waiting for her team-mate's ideas on the situation in light of this new information.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:48 am

"It would certainly safe time and energy," Byron stated. "I wouldn't mind taking them up on that offer."
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:17 am

"I've always wanted to get launched on one of these catapults. Perhaps another time then. Robin, you're the leader, it's up to you."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 4:35 am

"Well, decide quickly, because I'm going." Kirkka speaks briefly as she flips her single staff segment once, pointing one end at the floor. A quiet click can be heard, and dust is expelled out of it, filling a circle around her. She flicks her eyes toward Olivia, who simply nods once, and steps into the circle as it lifts them both a few inches off the ground. However, before moving off the cliff, she waits a second. "Decide, please."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:46 am

David nodded his head. "Let's go for it."
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:51 am

Robin closed her eyes for a moment before nodding. "Alright, let's do it."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:01 pm

"Well, let's get a move on then."

Team Amber all moves into the circle, and after a second, they too are lifting slightly off the ground. A few brief seconds pass, and the group of six people shifts off the cliff at a brisk pace, and before long the party is falling at a quick but controlled rate toward the ground. The sight is quite nice from here, as you have plenty of time to look around at the forest below you. You can see a path that leads down the cliffside as well, but it is a fair distance away and would have taken even longer if you had decided to walk down it. It had been about 30 seconds since you left the top, when someone says something.

"Oh no! I can't maintain the effect on everyone. We're gonna faaaall." The voice came from Kirkka, who was maintaining the slowfall effect on the others. Her voice was, however, very obviously fake and exaggerated. She had a silly smile on her face, as she lifted her staff upward, pointing it directly in front of her, and blasted some dust from it, knocking her away from the group. Everyone, including Olivia and Kirkka, had begun freefalling as the effect wore off.

Olivia had a different tactic, however. She spun her body quickly around, placing her boots on the nearest person and using them to kick herself away from the group and toward Kirkka. She already had two of her weapons out, transformed into pistols, and was aiming them both at the team of students.

"Perhaps we forgot to mention!" Kirkka shouts over the rushing wind to the team. "We are here to stop you from getting the scroll!" She again points her staff downward, and both her and Olivia begin slowing down and returning to that slowfall speed. Olivia, upon gaining a a little distance between the two groups, began firing weakly aimed shots at the falling party below her.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 2:16 pm

David sees that they are now falling. "Thrusters online." Small thrusters activate under his back pack to slow his dissent to the ground as his wings unfold. "Shield and hand." David folds his right wing upward to protect from any stray shots and uses his left most wing to try and push Olivia and Kirkka away from where the group may land.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:29 pm

"Oh what a surprise," Byron said with a smile on his face. He had already started engaging Thanatos, the massive coffin opening unleashing his mantle of wide broad swords and twin guns. Twisting his body in a mid air rotation, Byron deflects the bullets using the broad swords surrounding him. After one full rotation, Byron lifts up both guns and starts shooting upwards at the two girls above.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Oh you have got to be freaking kidding me. Robin thought dryly at this new information, Just what we needed, two fully trained huntress. Just great.

Shaking her head, she looked towards David and yelled over the wind, "Grab Axel!" She ordered, "Bryon, do you have anything that can hide where we land?!" She yelled to the mad hatter.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:36 pm

"I might have a little trick up my sleeve," Byron replied. "Just give the word and I'll provide us all cover."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:45 pm

David used his left wing to pull Axel under his wing. "If there's one type of rain I hate its hot lead."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]   The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The El*er Scrolls [Event] [Team AMBR]
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next