RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Student council?

Go down 
+4
Yuki-Chan
ecksdeeeXD
Aphrodisiac
Amber
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Amber
Amber

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:32 am

Basically, it'd be a group of 7 or 9 characters that would convene to talk about 'changes' to the school. Be it rules, adding a pool, whatever. We could do an election type event where people would submit why they think they deserve to be on the council, so on.

Ideally, we'd stray away from people on the same teams being allowed on, and there would likely be no student council president to keep things more balanced. Everyone's vote would just count for one, with majority rule on any changes.

Basically, reply to this if you have anything to add, or if you'd even be interested in something like this on the site. I'm tired at the time of writing, so... there's that.

First edit: This would only be open to first year students. For reasons.

Last edited by Amber on Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:44 am

I think it's a good idea, would make sense to have that kind of thing in a school, though obviously with not TOO much power, otherwise Beacon would turn into a love hotel- er, no, that's already happening. But yeah, I for one would be interested in such a thing. Maybe a thread in which students can submit their own ideas to be reviewed by the council too? (Though that could get filled up fast)
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 9:55 am

I don't see why not. Having characters that'll give some level of canon to additions to the school'd be good.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:33 am

I like this idea, especially along with what Aph suggested with students submitting ideas. It'd really allow normal members to actually change our little RPG canon we have.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:45 am

Why not have a representative from each team? Or would that lead to too many people?
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:54 am

I feel that it'd lead to way too many people. We have 13 teams at the moment, soon to be 17. Imagine a 17 person thread. I think 7 is the ideal number, but we can work on it.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 11:59 am

Each brethren court student council convened sends different Team Leader from a group of Teams that are organized by who-knows-what (Dorm floors/locale? :/ ) as a representative?

And yeah, I also think what Aph said is an idea that could be used.

Also, gonna leave this here. Totally got first on 'Student Council'.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:13 pm

My only counterpoint would just be that I'm not sure if everyone else reads all the threads, but I don't know a lot of ya'll's characters yet, as I haven't gotten a chance to RP with them.  I'd almost suggest having like an IC election, just so everyone can see who's planning to run.  Maybe like a speech or something else along those lines?

Raeth would be all over something like this but I'd be willing to bet money that he's relatively unknown still at this point :V

Last edited by Raethien Reole on Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Hm... to volunteer Hunter as Counsel member, or not to volunteer Hunter as Counsel member, that is the question.

We should have one though.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:18 pm

That was my idea. I thought that was communicated in the main post, but maybe not. But yeah, there would be an IC election of sorts. One thread for people to be put on the ballot, and one thread for "campaigning"(basically their election promises). This would probably take place across week 8 on the timeline, and would end with a strawpoll or some other polling method for everyone to vote. Then there'd be a student council subsection on the forums, which is where any threads fitting them would go.
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Ah okay. I hadn't garnered that from 'election-type event' though I suppose I could have inferred that had I thought about it for more than a couple seconds :V

But yeah. I'd be all over something like that. I think it could be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Student council? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Student council?   Student council? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Student council?
Page 1 of 1