RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discussion about teams

Go down 
+13
Aphrodisiac
Kooplah
DrGustave
Vivvyn
Amber
Shemskis
Jetscream
Navolas2
Joe Liquori
mabster314
Swordslinger
R3dder
Skylight
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Discussion about teams Empty
PostSubject: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:22 pm

So I was just wondering about teams. Since they play a major part in the story I just wanted to know if it would be a thing.
Back to top Go down
R3dder

R3dder

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:24 pm

The mods and I are thinking about doing a Beacon initiation thing if everyone was interested. Not sure what that would intail, but it might be a thing if everyone is up for it.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Sounds cool. Keep up the great work
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:44 pm

That seems fun.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:49 pm

I would pwn that initiation
Back to top Go down
mabster314

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I'd be up for it if it happened.
Back to top Go down
Joe Liquori

Joe Liquori

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Teams would be fun, leads for more co-operation and actual role playing among others and not just them "joining" your journey randomly.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 pm

So I'll pose this question to you guys.

Would you rather pair up yourself or pair up with someone randomly?
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:30 pm

I think it would be better to get paired randomly.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Would it be the teams of 2 and then the teams of 4? Because if it is ill team up myself an then find 2 other teammates
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Ok nvm random teammates sounds cool. I Ike that idea better now
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Teams sound great, I'm fine with it being more or less random.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Random works.
Back to top Go down
Vivvyn

Vivvyn

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 pm

Should schedule a day for initiation, maybe Friday? All RP before that could just be idle fluff, testing the waters with our characters interacting with other characters.

As for being random, we could be notified of who we'll run into as partners beforehand and meet eachother along the way. That'd be interesting.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:05 am

What time on Friday? Some people might have work.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:07 am

I'm thinking if we do a big event like this, it will be over the weekend or at least over several days, so everyone has time to participate! We'll release more details on how everything will work soon.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:55 am

That timing. I probably won't have computer access for the entire weekend. I might miss the initiation, which could be a bit problematic. It'd be great if it could run onto tuesday.
Back to top Go down
AppleDashed

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:56 am

I like the random team idea. Would be fun to be paired based on how the mods or someone see the characters interacting
Back to top Go down
C^2

C^2

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:59 am

What about characters like mine that are not students, will they be paired or will something else be done with them?
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:00 am

I just posted to the mods about non-Beacon members. We are possibly going to be doing a tournament, and it would be possible to include non-Beacon members in an event such as that. Alternatively, we may do a second, side by side event for all characters not in the Beacon event.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:03 am

Personally I don't think doing something like this would be the best way to set up teams. A big event to get people into teams would only exclude people who miss it. Newcomers would be unable to (Or find it difficult to) join a team, which is a pretty big part of the appeal of the RWBY universe IMO.

Also, having a big event end with either a big, messy, slow thread with everyone doing the initiation at once (Though if managed perfectly it could go really well), or with a bunch of separate threads for individual groups of 2/4. In the second case, the main thing making the event an event is the time constraint part of it, which is a completely negative part and just builds elitism ("My character is better than yours because I was in the initiation event") and like I said, exclude new members.

A better alternative would be to have some sort of system to put 2, 4, 100, whatever, characters together to do some sort of challenge similar to the initiation from RWBY. Basically this removes the time constraint on the (Possible) event, without changing the concept of it. Sure, it wouldn't exactly be canon, but when transferring a show's system to an RP forum some sacrifices must be made.

Last edited by Snow Cloak on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:08 am

I agree with Snow Cloak, some people would miss out, and new people in the RP joining after it wouldn't even get the chance.
Back to top Go down
mabster314

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:48 am

Quote :
A better alternative would be to have some sort of system to put 2, 4, 100, whatever, characters together to do some sort of challenge similar to the initiation from RWBY. Basically this removes the time constraint on the (Possible) event, without changing the concept of it. Sure, it wouldn't exactly be canon, but when transferring a show's system to an RP forum some sacrifices must be made.
I think this is the best idea for initiation yet. we could have a board in which people post that they're ready for initiation, then the mods group them up and give them a challenge. This removes both the time constraint and make initiation threads much faster and efficient.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:12 am

mabster314 wrote:
Quote :
    I think this is the best idea for initiation yet. we could have a board in which people post that they're ready for initiation, then the mods group them up and give them a challenge. This removes both the time constraint and make initiation threads much faster and efficient.
Is there possibly any way to maybe do something in a chat room, instead? I feel that initiation would be somewhat fast-paced and a traditional thread wouldn't be able to handle too many people at once, even if it was well moderated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion about teams
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next