RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Citrine

Citrine

Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:55 pm

With the academy's initiation out of the way, Alani found herself laying in an infirmary bed. Her tired muscles weren't much of a bother, but the scrapes and bruises she received upon landing in Emerald Forest still stung like paper-cuts. Still, even that was nothing in comparison to the hair-splitting pain she felt after getting shot by a .45 caliber pistol right in the leg. The staff had to carefully remove the fragments of metal and leather stuck inside of the open wound upon her arrival. Once that was taken care of, Alani was bandaged up and ordered to rest there for the night. She wasn't too fond of the idea, but it was for the best.

As time passed, Alani gazed up at the ceiling, thoughts of her battle flashing before her. The experience was completely different from her old hunting sprees back at home. Then again, she never had to fight another person before, let alone two of them. She at least had some help. 'Marc,' she thought to herself. From what she recalled he seemed to be quite the skilled fighter. His speed, his strength, everything seemed to surpass her own skill, but she wasn't going to admit that, at least not to him. Still, it made her question herself. She wondered how long she could truly last at this academy if things continued at this rate. 'Well… I did make it through the initiation alright. If I made it through that I can make it through anything, right?' Her thoughts continued to flow in her mind as the blank ceiling disappeared from her sight.

Last edited by Citrine on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Marc walks in to the room, arms crossed and stance straight as usual. His mind had been on the battle since he dropped he off. They were sloppy, uncoordinated, and just an overall mess. Though their opponents ran and hid most the time, it wasn't an excuse. They had a lot of work to do as a team, plus two more. This meant they also need to become friends, at least better then whatever they currently were.

"Alani." he says sternly, standing over her bed. "We have some talking to do. That was crap out there." Though his tone was aggravated, Marc gave a serious look. "We are way better than what we did out there, even if you don't know it." He picks up her boom-orange and looks it over. "You are small, have a good ranged weapons, and the bombs are an awesome idea."

Setting it back down, he looks back at her. "We also need to learn to be better friends. And by we I mean I. Because I may be good at a lot of things, but that isn't one of them." he sighs.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 3:56 pm

Spotting Marc as he walked in, Alani expected him to go off on a rant about how terrible she did and pointing out all of her mistakes. Instead, he included himself, though he was still insulting their performance on the battlefield. As he said those final words, a look of slight sympathy showed on Alani's face. "Well, hey. We'll do better next time. I mean, we were kinda just thrown in there without much time to prepare. Being teammates means we'll have the next few years to come up with new strategies and get better at working together. Right?"
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Nodding, Marc looks at her. "You aren't confident when you fight. You pretend to be. That's different." Looking back at boom-orange, he makes and example. "I could pretend I know how to throw that thing, but it doesn't mean I do. I just fail myself and everyone who expects me to do it right." Giving a semi stern smile, he tells her "I have full confidence you you and myself. Once you do to, then we can be a team."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:32 pm

Alani wanted to speak up, but felt her throat tightening up as she tried. His words had broken through a wall, one she hadn't expected to be pierced so easily. Unable to respond to him, she remained silent for a few seconds. When words finally came to her she managed to just barely squeeze them out. "Being overconfident isn't exactly good either you know. You put all of our lives in danger in that forest fire. We're lucky the fight ended when it did." She didn't sound angry. In fact, quite the opposite. Her words were quiet and more full of concern and sincerity than anything.

Besides their little exchange, Alani glanced over at her Boom-orange each time Marc laid his hands or eyes on it. She didn't say it before, but it did make her feel a bit uncomfortable having someone touch her weapon without asking. With each glance she wondered if he'd do it again. Though, there were more important matters at hand to be concerned with.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:04 pm

Marc stopped speaking, letting her speak with no interruptions, listening to every word she said. Once she had finished he nodded slowly. "Maybe you are right. Maybe we both have things to work on. But the point is you need to trust in both of us. I made a split decision for better or worse because an enraged girl was trying to shoot you. Be confident in everything that you do. That's the only way we can work as a team."

Once Marc figured he had gotten his point across he tried to change the subject, still wanting Alani to think about what he had said. "Apparently there is a ball." he says quietly, trying to lighten his stare.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:45 pm

Alani propped herself up a bit and gave Marc a look of confusion. "What does a ball have to do with anything?" The subject change was rather sudden, not exactly giving Alani time to catch up.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Marc shrugs a bit. "We want to try and be friends, don't we? So, are you planning on going?" He knew it was an odd subject change, but she need to rest. There was only so much mental stress on could take on top of the physical.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:57 pm

It took a while for Alani to realize that he wasn't talking about some toy ball. "Oh. I didn't hear anything about a ball." She thought about it for a moment before giving him a proper response. "I don't know. I don't really have anything formal to wear."
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:26 pm

Marc shrugs and fools with the hem of his turtleneck. "You can probably find something. Just ask around."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:32 pm

"Easy for you to say." Not knowing many people at the academy yet, asking around meant talking to a bunch of strangers and using them for a simple favor. Alani sighed and leaned back down, wincing as she turned to her side and moved her leg. She had forgotten for a moment that she was still wounded.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Marc frowns when his teammate winces, sighing and patting her arm. "If you can't go you can't go, but I would prefer that you did." he admits sternly.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 9:20 pm

"We'll see," she answers, slowly closing her eyes. Alani wasn't terribly sleepy, but the battle had left her exhausted. Rather than opening her eyes quickly she kept them closed, actually considering taking a nap. Though, with how late it was, maybe getting a good night's sleep was for the best.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:48 am

Marc looks her over, patting her arm. "Get some rest. Once that wound is healed I'm not going easy on you anymore." He gives a small smile to her, leaning on the wall. "I won't go unless you want me to. Your call."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 1:37 pm

Alani let out a slightly contained yawn before answering. "You can stay if you want, but I'm going to sleep." She shuffled around slightly, getting a bit more comfortable before settling down once again. Her breaths began slowing down and her body remained motionless for the most part.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 2:24 pm

Nodding, Marc seemingly watches the wall for a bit. Once he is sure Alani is asleep, he sighs and stands up straight again. 'It's going to be a long four yours...' he thinks to himself, looking to her and chuckling a bit. 'And we have a lot of work to do. I'll make a huntress out of you yet.' Walking to the door, he closes it quietly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]   Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Feeling Down, Healing Up [Closed]
Page 1 of 1