RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Kail Christensen

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Kail rushed over and crouched by Spencer, checking his pulse "There must be other electrified Grimm....Spencer, stay with me here..." and he activates his semblance, a golden healing energy transferring from Kail to Spencer, it would ensure his survival and undo some of the electrical damage.
Back to top Go down
http://twbtd-rp.forumotion.com
Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 8:15 pm

While Kail heals Spencer, his own aura activates to heal a little as it generally has no other use. As a result, Spencer begins to heal only a fraction of Kail's healing ability but it does help a tiny bit.

26/100
(After Kail's semblance and Spencer's aura kick in)
35/72
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:40 am

Xarias arrives just in time to see the grimm electrify Spencer and Kail, wondering what on earth could have given them such as ability. As he lands he notices the others recover so he approaches them with an awkward smile saying, "Not what I'd expect from a normal grimm, but these don't seem normal at all. You guys alright?" Approaching the Ursa he could see tiny sparks form on it's fur, not daring to touch it in it's current state(pun not intended). Upon closer inspection he could see a significantly burned area around the neck, particularly somewhere a collar would usually be placed. After a minute or two the sparks subside and Xarias places the back of his hand across the grimms' fur to check for any signs of current still passing through. This is not normal at all. Just what is it with these grimm? . Checking the grimms' neck, Xarias spots what seems to be a small diode of some sort and carefully digs it out with a knife from his satchel but just as the knife touches the diode it blows up with a miniature explosion, knocking Xarias back but without any major injury. "What the hell?"

Viewing the hunters from afar, Leonard Strave grimaces before frowning at the prospect of the grimm having been found out as "Abnormal". Given no choice he scrolls through some options on his scroll and presses a button, causing the diode in the other grimm to blow up as well, leaving nothing but singed fur and flesh in it's place. Tsk tsk tsk, can't have them becoming too curious now, can we?
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:20 pm

Varius steps out of the bushes and begins to clap. "What a great display of ability!" He walks over to Spencer and looks down at his seemingly unconscious body. "Now that's how everyone should want their end to be. In a blaze of glory just like Spencer almost did!" Varius notices Xarias had been knocked back and walks over to him. "Find something interesting?"
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:01 pm

"I thought I saw some sort of chip under the Ursa's skin but it blew up before I could remove it." Xarias replied, dusting himself off after the earlier throwback. "I doubt we'd be able to recover anything. It seems as if tampering with them causes them to self destruct...or rather someone's making sure we don't get any."
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:32 am

Kail sighed, shaking Spencer a bit "Keep your eyes open for other modified Grimm then...Spencer, you alright? Speak, dying comes later."
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:32 am

Kandata had been spacing out for quite a while now, ever since that ursa got shocked. He carefully observes his surroundings. It was then he realized that every is so clean, the movements of the grimms are too organized and planned, as if they have one mind.

"Tch..." He clicked his tongue.

"We're being watched." Kandata said to the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:29 pm

With the help of Kail's semblance, Spencer starts to regain some consciousness; starting to open his eyes by the time Kandata mentions that he thinks everyone is being watched. Spencer only hears a muffle in place of the important speculation, though. "Mmh..."
52/53
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:34 pm

Kail nods "Finally..." and he gets up, walking over and grabbing Spencer's weapons, wandering back and holding them out in front of him "Right back to it, eliminate the targets."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:36 am

Thinking back on Leonard Strave, Xarias starts getting wild ideas of who might be the one controlling them."The informant was a bit sketchy." Xarias said, muttering under his breath. "but we can't be totally sure." Readying his dual grappling blades again he looks for a nearby tree and zips on to it, hanging from it's trunk before finding his way up by zipping onto higher branches before reaching the top. Scanning the horizon, he gets a pair of mini binoculars and looks around for any suspicious activity but doesn't spot anything nearby nor does he see any trace of their informant. He must be nearby otherwise he wouldn't know about the other targets. After getting down he goes back to the rest and says, "No sign of anyone watching us. We might as well get this over with. Me might find out more when we get the other targets."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:16 pm

"Oh my god-I can't feel my-!"
Spencer grabs between his darkened legs and roles over, away from everybody else in the group. He can not feel anything on the inward side of his legs. After a few seconds, he roles back over on his back. "Nevermind, we're all good..."
Spencer puts his hand to his head and groans a little before sitting up as it he were fully healed, despite every muscle in his body feeling like it was set ablaze-because the pretty much were. Something he really should not do. "Man, what happened t'me?..."

55/46
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 1:10 am

Kail put Spencer's weapons on the ground in front if him, saying "You were being electrocuted, Spencer, that Ursa you executed had some sort of control device, I don't know, but I think we need to move." and he stood up, looking around the area to the other people near him, and sighing "Go on ahead without us, he'll probably need time to regain his senses."
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 3:06 am

"Even you say that..." Kandata keeps looking around him acting as if he was warry on his surroundings.

"Well, nevermind. What's the update on or list anyway?" Kandata said as he took out his scroll. "Are we somehow making any progress?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 4:24 am

Varius looked at Spencer and gave small chuckle. "He'll fine. It'll take more than that to stop someone in this field of work." Varius couched near Spencer, "Isn't that right?" Though he didn't seem to be malicious toward Spencer, behind Varius' smile was a man full of ill intent. Move along little one. Let's see how long you last. Before Spencer or Kail could respond Varius stood back up and walked away heading toward Xarias. "It'd be nice if we could get this moving along."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 6:45 am

"Agreed. So you guys should catch up once you're feeling better, we'd go on ahead." Xarias said. "Seems like we still have the big ones and quite a number of them to boot. Well, let's do this."

Wielding his weapon in it's dual grappling blade form, Xarias aims for a nearby tree and zips up before landing on a branch. "Just a reminder, be wary of any odd behaving grimm. Who knows what they might be capable of." On that note, Xarias jumps from his position then zips through the treeline heading northeast of their position, quickly transversing the forest through the treetops.

If the lesser grimm are that abnormal, how much more the big ones?
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 5:56 pm

When Varius bends down close to Spencer, he catches a glimpse of the large man's eyes. As Spencer was not paying as much attention as he does when meeting someone-as they have already met but were not face-to-face-or interrogating someone, so he does not really study the man's eyes but it is enough to have a little...strangeness enter the radar. Something that does not fit the boy's personality. It is not enough for Spencer to think that that is the true personality of the boy but it definitely strikes Spencer as rather odd. Huh...that was weird..
Before he knows it, Xarias is up in a tree. "After before...!" Spencer looks back at the downed grimm and then down at his blackened pants. "...I don't think I'll be needin' anybody t' remind me abou' that!"
58/37
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:00 am

Kandata shrugs and starts to walk towards the destination Xarias is heading.

"Well, see you guys there." Kandata waved his hands at the others and takes his leave.

I would've launched myself if I had set up my threads beforehand... but, well, whatever. I'll be sure to prepare next time.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:56 am

He offers a hand to Spencer "C'mon Spencer, there are a lot more Grimm out there, better hurry up before they're all dead." his hood mask covering most of his face, unseeable from the outside, but from the inside, kail can see everything.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:54 pm

Spencer chuckles a little at the last part. "Wou'n' wanna miss our chance to get any-no' woul' we?" He holsters Delilah and takes the hand to help him up. The little bit of feeling he has in his legs is pain. The rest is all numb from ankle to...thigh. Spencer hardly bends his legs as they slowly heal. God, I'm gonna hate goin' t' the bathroom later...
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 11:55 pm

Leonard Strave fiddles with his scroll again, taking note of the now moving hunters and the location of the deceased experiments. What a pity, and it took quite a while to tame those beasts. Well they weren't tame but at least they responded to the proper stimuli. Being quite a distance from the hunters, Leonard decided to close in on the next destination for better observation. Grabbing his crossbow he aims for a tree a couple of meters away and shoots a grappling shot towards it. As the shot locks in he jumps from his position, carefully tucking in the scroll in his satchel before unlatching the bolt and aiming for the next tree. A few minutes later he finds himself within viewing range  of the next area, a clearing near the northern portion of the forest, not too much of a distance from the hunters. In the distance he could spot the Nevermore circling above, scanning the ground for prey. Now, now. Let's see how these fella's play this one out. Pulling out his scroll again he activates a program he previously used for the others, a grin forming on his face as he did. Pulling out his Binoculars he could see that the Nevermore writhed for a moment before changing their pattern of flight, as if they were coordinated planes covering each other's ends. Perfect. Now to see how well they hold out against some petty hunters.

Just as he approached the clearing, Xarias suddenly stopped before exposing himself to the targets. Ok, now for some observation. Up in the treetops, Xarias steals a look at the clearing but doesn't see anything out of the ordinary but that was until he looked up. He spotted the 2 nevermore flying up high, probably not out of reach of his long ranged weapon but upon seeing their odd flight pattern he begins having second thoughts about attacking them outright. Knowing that the grimm would probably attack on sight he decides to stay hidden at the moment, at least until backup arrives. This isn't ordinary at all. I wouldn't have mind if they didn't look like two fighter jets on reconnaissance. Attacking them outright might get me killed if I let my guard down for even a second. Activating his semblance, Xarias experiences heightened consciousness and to him the world seems to have run slower and his speed also increases. Taking this as a precaution he then starts circling around the perimeter, making sure that no additional grim are within the immediate area.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 12:25 am

Kail started walking the direction the group went, calling back to Spencer "You coming, Spence?" before halting in his tracks, sensing something seriously wrong, and he quickly climbed a tree to get a better view. Once at the top of the tree he gazed around, and then, he saw that high above, were not one, but two Nevermores circling each other, as if they were being....conditioned. He pulled out his scroll and took a non-flash photo, sending it to everyone on the hunt, with the words: 'Nevermores do not fly that symmetrically, something is definitely wrong. First electrified Ursae, now this...' and he climbed back down, sighing and looking back to Spencer, then towards where their next targets are, beginning to walk once more, pistols drawn.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:56 am

Kandata was heading to their next destination, until he spotted the two nevermore flying over the woods in an organized manner. Knowing that this is an unusual sight to see he decided not to attract their attention, and hides from the shadows of the trees.

"Tch... this is really unusual type of grimm." Kandata said to himmself. "It's like as if we're the ones being hunted... pisses me off..." Kandata said in an annoyed tone.

He then loads a good number of threads out from his belt. "Hell, I'm not gonna be outsmarted by these stupid grimms.., more so, the man behind all of these!" He said and fires his threads on different location around him. He continues to throw out his threads until he created a humongous trap surrounding a large area of the forest. The traps are well placed on tree trubks and branches, it connects together and forms like what it looks like a huge spider web.

Kandata then stands on the center of his trap, which he placed on an open area of the forest. "Heh, now come at me..." He whispered and waits patiently within his trap.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 6:40 am

Varius arrives not far behind Kail and checks his scroll. Upon seeing the picture Varius looks up and spots the Nevermore through the gap in the canopy. "Well that's something." Varius takes hold of Umbra's grip and walks forward toward Kail preparing for a fight with a smile on his face. Now how should I make this more interesting? Maybe a little bit of bait to bring these things down? Varius ends his smile and looks down at Kail wondering how he could possibly make him a center of attention. Before Varius is able to make a suggestion he notice the Kandata had already made himself bait and frowns. It's no fun if you the bait does it on its own.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Spencer moves as quick as his burnt legs can take him. Choosing not to bend his legs, to catch up to the others he starts to hop with every step. He then gets a notice from his scroll so Spencer stops next to an opening in the forest canopy. The message opens up and Spencer finds himself greeted by a shot of nevermore. Aw, hell... He then hears a whooshing sound and looks up to the open sky and finds two nevermore, one flying on the other's 8 o'clock like a fighter patrol. "...'at's different..."
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:45 am

Kail kept walking, switching to his Sniper Rifle and glancing to Varius, reading his expression and saying as he loads a Burn Crystal "If you're gonna make me live bait, it'd be best to be a lot more silent than you are, just saying." and he continues on, stopping by one of Kandata's threads and going around the trap, keeping his eyes and ears open for movement.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:50 am

Leonard Strave notices the hunters proximity to their target so he decides to test something out. "Ok, now play with your prey a bit." Upon saying that he presses something on his scroll then carefully watches as the Nevermore suddenly change direction after a sudden jerk of their heads. One after the other the grimm swoop down suddenly just above the treeline causing a massive gust of wind to stir up the branches before suddenly climbing again. After making a turn in midair they start circling around the clearing proceeding to trying to flush out anything within the forest. Upon the second swoop a bunch of other birds took to the sky only to be intercepted by the second nevermore causing them to start falling one after the other after being hit by the massive grim.

Pulling his goggles on as the wind suddenly got stronger Xarias quickly forms his rifle ready to aim at the grimm. After seeing the Nevermore pluck the birds out of the sky he quickly rethought about revealing his position and proceeded to looking for the others. After walking on the forest floor for a minute or two, the nevermore still continuing their routine, he spots Kandata in the middle of a wide clearing, apparently waiting for something. Is he insane? What if those grimm spot him? Wait, he's got those threads of his. They may prove useful later on. Just as he was about to approach Kandata he finds that his earlier observation proved true, there were threads intertwining around the clearing, a bunch of them barely visible if not for his heightened senses at the moment. As he found his way around he spots Kail and Varius and calls their attention. "Yo, by the looks of it we might have to think of something before tackling these guys. This Kandata dude may prove useful in ensnaring one of them but it'd be too dangerous if the other one attacks him as he gets one." he says as he approaches them. Not bothering to finish his idea he knows it should be fairly obvious that they'd need to provide a distraction or at least support until they take at least one down.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:06 am

Kail had aimed at the Avian Grimm the moment it had swooped, dashing back a safe distance and looking towards Xarias, nodding "More distractions are needed, perhaps a few Burn crystals would suffice in the short term...." and he swatted away a dead bird that would have fallen on him to the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next