RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:04 am

Overlooking a cliff and the outlying forest, a lone person wearing a typical rangers outfit stands by waiting for the people who accepted the job to arrive, looking over their profiles and carefully absorbing each and every single detail to see if they're actually worthy of the task at hand. Staring at his watch he counts as the seconds go by, apparently worried about something that's been bugging him for a while now. Checking his scroll he checks up on the last sightings of the group of grimm he's been keeping an eye on for a while now, somewhat erratic but definitely a little too close for comfort. Preparing the upcoming report for the group, he arranges the data and puts some key areas on the map, places where the targets were last seen.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arriving just in time to see the man take out his scroll, Xarias approaches him with a grin on his face. Pulling his goggles off he taps him on the shoulder, causing the man to jolt up and pull out a silver crossbow while almost dropping his scroll. Erratically aiming the weapon at Xarias, his eyes widen to see that it was only a person and not a grimm who touched him.

Staring at the weapon, Xarias merely brushes it aside with a finger and says, "Is that any way to treat your employees? Anyways, since you're the only one here, I'm guessing you're the one I should talk to about the hunting job."

Putting down his weapon the ranger says, "Sorry about that, I was a bit startled. and yes, i'm your informant. Before I give you the details of the job, you'll need to wait for the rest to arrive before I give you all the details of the job."

"Ugh, more people? Oh well, I just hope this doesn't mean the pay is split right?"
Xarias said, groaning at the idea of possibly getting less than what he expected.

"Oh, not at all. It's just that one person may not be enough and taking account of the time..." he said, apparently worrying about something.

"Yeah, sure. I get it. I'll just sit here for a while." Xarias said, sitting by the edge of the cliff, staring down at the forest.

Not that I can't handle it all myself, but I guess this makes thing easier.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Spencer walks through the woodland. He was never one for going in the Emerald Forest, and preferred to take walks in the Forest of Forever Fall, but he does not seem to be bothered by it. He emerges into the clearing and is greeted by the sunlight. Being, possibly, the most red and white thing in the entire forest, it was probably easy to see him coming.
"You must be the man I'm looking for. I believe there are grimm to be slain and a price to slay them." He has a bright grin on his face as Spencer walks up to the two people. His arms cross over his chest as he leans upon his right leg.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Varius had a sour look on his face as he pushed through a bush to get to the others. Under his breath he mumbled, "Trees, bushes, bugs, and so much more. This is why I hate the forest." Noticing the others his face completely changed as he put up his usual facade. "Ah hello there, you must be the people I'm supposed to talk to about the mission." Varius makes a seemingly warm smile at the others. "The name is Varius Nemeaus, I look forward to working with you." He glances at his fellow hunters and sings a little line in his head, ♫I hope one of you dieeees, more money for me.♫
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:41 am

Spotting the two arrive and introduce themselves, Xarias turns his head to greet them as well. "Hi there. Xarias Fury.Freelancer." he said, not moving from his spot but at least getting some eye contact. Looking back down at the cliff he continues waiting for the others, knowing that the informant probably won't give any information until all of them arrive.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nodding towards the newcomers, the ranger says, "Splendid, now just a few more then I may begin the briefing." Studying them carefully he reads over their profiles while checking them out, calculating in his head the probability of them surviving the job. Somewhat content with it he says, "So. Varius, Xarias, and Spencer. Welcome, but before I begin we have two more people to wait for. To your disclosure, my name is Leonard Strave."
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 5:08 am

Kail kept his hood on and zipped up as he followed the directions of his scroll, keeping beta in his left hand and epsilon hostered, passing a tree and seeing a few people on the cliff. He walked up to them and nodded "This is the hunting team, yes?" and he put his scroll away, taking out epsilon and checking both.
Back to top Go down
http://twbtd-rp.forumotion.com
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:44 am

Kandata has been wandering around the forest for quite a while now. He didn't have any idea on where is his employer is... or rather, he forgot about the details of the job. Nevertheless, he needs to do this for his monthly budget's sake. After a few minutes of wandering around the forest, he managed to spot a small group of individuals all gathered near the cliff. He figured that they are the one he is searching for.

He head towards the group and called them out.

"Yo! Sup-" He noticed that some of them are armed, and got a hint that they may be hunters seeking for the bounty as well.

"Oh great... teammates..." he said in a monotone voice.

Not that it matters anyway. The more people he have, the faster he finishes this and less the effort he needs.

"Sooo... who are you guys again?" He asked while carefully examining each and everyone of them.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Leonard took out his scroll and examined both of the newcomers with great care, taking care not to get their names wrong he merely said, "So you must be the last two to arrive. Welcome, my name is Leonard Strave and I shall be your informant for this particular "job", as you people may say." Swipping away while tapping on his scroll, he starts arranging the data for the particular briefing, making sure to do so as quickly as possible. After finishing up he says, "You're probably here for the hunting job, yes? So I may have to warn you, this may seem like an ordinary hunting job but these grimm are a bit, well how do I put this, aggressive, more so than usual. Your targets would be uploaded on your scrolls in a short while as well as the last known location."

On the screens of their scrolls would appear a list of 3 Deathstalker, 2 Nevermore, 2 Ursa Major, and a pack of beowolves and ursas. Indicated  in the  file are a few items to be taken from each, namely the stingers of the deathstalkers, a tuft of feathers from the nevermore, Ursa hide, and beowolf teeth. The last known locations showed to be a cave east of their position, a clearing up north, and a dense thicket near some ruins in the west.

"The collection is not obligatory but doing so would earn some extra incentives. Now that I've uploaded the data I have no further things to say. I wish you the best of luck. I shall be observing your status from afar. I'm not much of a fighter you see." With that, Leonard leaps of the cliff, diving head first. Getting his crossbow and using a grappling arrow he hooks onto a tall tree then swings on to the top using the momentum of his fall and redirecting himself with the rope. Sitting on the top he grabs his scroll and starts monitoring the status of the hunters.

Taking the initiative to get ahead now, Xarias says, "I suggest we save the big ones for last, unless you guys wanna do otherwise." Facing west, near the thicket, Xarias unhinges his rifle at the end and forms his dual ended lance, Splitting the weapon in two he brandishes his dual gunblades and heads for the edge of the cliff. "Now, if any of you want to follow me, I don't mind. The guy said that the pay isn't being split so there's no worry of losing cash." he said, with a grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 pm

Kail said nothing and checked his scroll, holstering beta and going over the kill list again, before estimating a series of possible locations and uploading them to scrolls within twenty meters; enough distance for everyone to get his estimations, and he looked over the cliff.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:48 pm

"Not much of a fighter he says..." Kandata mumbles as he watch this Leonard guy leapd of the cliff and swings on top of the tree.

Kandata, who is too lazy to take out his scroll, glances over one the hooded guy's scroll who seems like analyzing the enemies. Since the money isn't being split there's no need for Kandata to worry about the number of kills.

He tapped the guy's shoulder. "So, care to team up with me?" He asked him.

"Don't worry I won't steal any of your kills." He chuckles.

Just the loot... He said in his head.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:53 pm

Kail weighs up the advantages of having a 'partner' for a few seconds, before nodding, thinking 'this guy is up to something. When the time comes, he'll backstab me, and when that happens, I'll make sure to stop them.'
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 pm

"Greeaaaat!!" Kandata said in glee.

"Well, You ready to do this? Or you wanna invite more people to join us?" Kandata asked him, thinking that the more people he have, the faster and easier it will be.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:02 pm

Kail shrugged, and looked back to the group. He wondered if any would be willing to form an 'alliance'
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:11 pm

"I see, so you're one of those "shy types" huh?" Kandata scratched the back of his head.

"Let's just follow the other guy who went ahead, for now." Kandata paused as he pointed at Xarias.

"He looks tough enough to take those Grimms"

The safety of his own self has always been the first priority for Kandata, and sticking with tough looking fellows never fails him.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Kail nodded, and walked over to Xarias "We're going to tag along with you, get the job done faster." and he put his scroll away once more, taking Beta out and checking it again.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 2:06 am

Varius moves toward the group and wraps his arms around Kail and Kandata's shoulders. "Let's all go together, there's safety in numbers!" Varius subtly began to put weight into his arms nearly making the other two members carry him. Besides the more people around the more they can see how a real man fights and a little 'accident' could go a long way. "Are you guys ready for some adventure!" As Varius finished his sentence there seemed to be a small twinkle in his eye.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 3:32 am

"Adventure? yeah I'm in for some "adventure alright." Kandata smiles back at this another guy. Heavy. Too heavy. This guy needs to loose some weight. That's what He thought.

Kandata quickly turns around, and with the blink of an eye, he's already at the back of the two. "Well, this is how we do these. You guys can stay in the front line, while the great I, will support you from behind. Okay~?" Kandata said giving them a thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 am

Kail shrugged "Doesn't matter to me. Just don't go shooting at me and you're good." and he headed off in the right direction calmly, ignoring everyone.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 5:34 am

"I guess that settles it. The three of us should take out the grimm near the thicket first then proceed north afterwards, then we head east so we don't keep going in circles." Xarias said, accepting the three on his temporary team. Grabbing his scroll he makes some last minute checks on the statuses of the areas, noting that the grimm in that area must be the pack of beowolves. Easy enough. Even just one of us could handle this. Before heading out he spots the other guy who hasn't yet said a word and says, "You coming along? Or are you brave enough to handle the deathstalkers and nevermoe on your own?" he said jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Spencer leans over the edge and watches the informant express his incredible skill at sucking, apparently. The man was packing a medieval sniper rifle and just ape man-ed his way down a large cliff. Something tells me he may have underestimated himself just a tiny bit. Then, he heard something about teaming up from the others.
"I'd prefer to save the packs for last myself but I'm all good with going with you guys." Spencer removes Delilah from her holster, opens the red cylinder and stares at the five shots. Never liked packs. I got a feeling that I'm gonna hate 'em even more after today. Spencer's left hand goes up and then swings down, spinning the cylinder before he flicks it closed again. As he puts the weapon back in her holster, he looks over the assembled group.
Huge rifle, huge sword, and...surprisingly nothing. It's common sense that that one is packin' but I don't see anything that's obviously a weapon. Maybe it's that bag? Has to be. No normal man carries around a pack like that on their belt unless it carries a weapon or ammunition for a firearm.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 6:46 pm

"Ok then, now let's get started. Try to keep up" Xarias said, right before he stepped on the ledge of the cliff. Staring down at the bottom, he realizes that missing any of the trees would result in something way worse than just broken bones but he wasn't worried about himself. Taking another look at the others he then dismisses the idea, somewhat assuming that the rest can easily keep up and if they can't they could just take the downward slope and circle through to the target area.

Now, let's see... There's a perfect spot.

Leaping from his former position, Xarias shoots two rounds on the ground for some added momentum, dashing through the air and then plummeting towards the ground. As he picked up speed he angled his weapons so that one aimed at a tree and another towards the ground then shot successive rounds at the ground once again to slow down his descent before firing his blade into a tree. Once the blade dug in he began zipping through the treeline while preparing his next grappling blade and shooting towards a higher branch on the next tree. Using the momentum to his advantage he swings up and lands on a branch after unlatching his blade as he swung. Stopping his advance there, he waits for the others before deciding to go on.

That was fun. I'm doing that again sometime. Hope I didn't come off as too much of a show off.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 8:17 pm

In the time it took for Xarias to look down the cliff, Spencer had already leapt off the edge. "See-y'all-down-there!" When he watched the overseer jump off, his mind naturally jumped to how he could follow the man, thanks to his lifestyle. His eyes then looked for possible ways to cushion a fall from this height. Like a bird of prey.
The full sprint put Spencer to an angle while falling. He was going to need that angle, even if the height was going to make it a bit steep by the time he was going to hit tree-top level. Concentrate~! Spencer draws his weapons. With a squeeze of the grips, the blades slide out the bottom. When he reaches tree level, the blades dig into a branch. The velocity breaks the branch where the blades connect. Another thick branch connects and breaks. Spencer then points the magnums back further to ready the top back of the blades and then connects to the next branch. This branch seemed much more thick from far away... After connecting, he flicks his wrists forward and starts to flip around the branch but it snaps after only 90 degrees. "CRAP!" Now Spencer is doing backflips and is not very happy. When he hits the ground...
...he lands on his feet. After the branch broke, Spencer was thrown into doing two backflips and then happened to land right side-up.
His eyes open after bracing for the impact and he pats his chest all over. It takes a good seven seconds to regain any sort of composure at all but, when he does...
Yeah, I meant to do that...
"Totally meant to do that!"
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Kandata sighs as he thinks over on how to get down there without exerting much effort. Its either he take the short path by jumping off or the long path by walking down the slope. He's already been walking randomly around the wood an hour ago so his legs are already tired. So he decided to take the short path.

He heads towards the cliff then turns behind, facing the other remaining guys. He salutes at them and then let himself fall off the cliff, facing the sky. "I guess wandering lost in the woods isn't half bad. Good thing I already set up my threads before reporting to the mission." He whispered to himself.

He continues to free-fall for a while. A few meters before he crashes to the ground, he stretches both of his arms widely, then quickly clenches his left fist, the threads he set up reacts and stops him in midair. He uses his right hand to pull one of the triggers behind his belt, causing the threads to launch him out of the woods. He pushed one of the button on the belt bag, cutting some of the threads. As he nears by one of the trees, he used another set of threads to swing around it, then safely landing on the ground.

"Oh, great... now I lost sight of the others. Maaan, I should've just walk down the slope!" He complains as he continues to walk and search for his party.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 9:55 pm

Kail ran up to and leaped from the cliff, firing his pistols backwards for extra momentum. He started to descend and switched from his pistols to his chakrams, hooking onto a large branch end and landing on the ground, pulling his weapons off as the branch sprung back. He switched back to his pistols and looked around the area, thinking 'Oh great, I lost them.'
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm

With the others gone Varius finally decided to make his own descent. "Took them long enough." Keeping his eye on the ledge Varius back up a few feet and ran straight for it giving himself as much distance as he could. As he began to fall down the cliff toward the trees, he drew Umbra and took hold of it with both hands and and pushing with his feet. As he came toward numerous branches they would be meet with Umbra's blade and make way for Varius. After a few moments Varius began to reach the ground and changed his position. He moved his body upwards toward the swords grip nearly able to stand on it.  From this position Varius activated his weapon's hidden cannon and choose the repulsion dust. When he felt he was near enough Varius fired the cannon toward the ground reducing his moment. Varius impacts the ground nearby the other people, though he reduced the speed the blade still managed to sink into the ground. Content with the spectacle of his landing Varius jumped off Umbra and pulled the blade from the ground. "That was a fun entrance."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 5:01 am

Watching as the other descended, Xarias being zipping from tree to tree until he gets to a point where he could see all of them causing some birds on the higher branches to scatter as he landed. Counting them off he could spot their positions, noticing that some of them were quite near each other.

"Hey, don't fall behind now. This way!" he said. "It's not too far, well... for me that is."

Grappling off to the next tree he zips through the treeline while scouting ahead, noticing some red eyes peering at them from a distance but refusing to come near. Non-aggressive one's I guess. Not what we're looking for. Stopping on top of another tree he looks around and see's that the ruins were still quite a distance if one had to go on foot.This is going to be a long day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next