RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SentientSnake

Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 am

He's asking me out. Damnit! Wait, maybe not? You were just fixing your hair for him, you wanted him to ask you out, idiot. A date. I can handle that, just lunch... With Drake. No problem, you can eat lunch... Say something! It occurred to Victoria just how long she had been standing there, paralyzed by his request. She had never been asked out before... Except for last time. Absentmindedly, she touched her scar, remembering something far off.  "Uh- Er, lunch. Yeah... How about, er, meet me outside in... 10 minutes?" 
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:26 am

He nods at that, smiling. Ten minutes. He could wait ten minutes. For her he was more than willing to wait that. Absentmindedly he reaches behind his back, touching one of the metal cases that he wore on the belt. Good. It was still there. That was important. The contents of that case...well, he had plans for it.

He nods again, coughing nervously and then he gets his own mouth to work. He couldn't just stand there and nod dumbly. He had to actually speak. And not get distracted by her. Though this was difficult. Each time he looked he noticed subtle, little things about her. Each time he noticed something that would haunt him afterwards.

"I'll...go wait outside then? Ten minutes? If...that's alright with you?" He glances down, cheeks flushing with colour as he coughs and then looks to Indigo. Damn it. How could she just sleep...here! With a sigh he crouches down and carefully scoops up the sleeping Indigo, coughing awkwardly as he does so.

"I'll...just take this one back to our dorm."

He smiles, taking a few careful steps back, bowing to Victoria and then carefully he turns, bringing the belt-case around to his front. He had to kept that hidden from her. He didn't want to scare her off...and he genuinely wanted to see her reaction to this.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Indigo stirred slightly as she was picked up, though she remained out cold. Victoria nodded awkwardly, watching him leave from the corner of her eye. "Ahh, you two make a cute couple." "You're crossing lines again, Yora." Leaving the threat hanging, Victoria sets off to the front of the school.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:05 am

Ten Minutes Later...

Having deposited the sleeping Indigo, utterly amazed at how she just slept through anything he then made his way back out to the front of the school, once more turning this trip into something of a commando raid, trying to avoid being spotted too much as he slipped out of the first year dorms. He just had to see her...and have lunch with her...and give her the present.... It wasn't that bad.

He looks about, frowning, realising that people milling about made things more difficult for him. He grumbles, just a bit to himself and slips outside, making a few last minute adjustments to himself, sorting his cloak out, brushing his hair back quickly. Not too much because that would be painfully obvious...but enough to show he was trying to look his best for her.

Now if he could find her...
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:04 pm

Finding Victoria wouldn't be much trouble, her armor had been freshly polished, so she gleamed in the sunlight like a wildfire. She was pacing around, fiddling with her scroll, when she spotted Drake she opened her mouth to call to him, but quickly stopped herself and went back to her business, watching Drake from the corner of her eye.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:15 pm

It would take him a few cursory glances until he realised that the gleaming figure in the sunlight was exactly who he was looking for. He couldn't really complain...others had grumbled that he was just as bad with the metal plates across his belt and boots, as well as the braces on his forearms and the metal brace on his leg.

He smiles and starts to make his way to her, letting his mind drift off as half a dozen scenarios went through his head. All of them stuttered and fell over at the first words he had to speak. Of course, the problem with his ability to think and plan was the fact that he sometimes...overdid it.

When he gets closer to Victoria he slows down, looking down, trying to sort himself out before glancing up at her. With a slight smile he takes the few steps closer to her, keeping one arm behind his back.

"Victoria...thank you...sorry if...I made things awkward...earlier. I did not intend...to undermine your authority."
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:30 pm

Victoria pushes Drake away to keep him at arms length. She looks slightly away from him, trying to hide the pink blush spreading across her face. "We... Are not going to talk about it, okay?" She begins walking toward the path leading down the cliff. Looking over her shoulder, she makes a "come hither" motion toward him. "You coming or not?"
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:42 pm

He nods, coughing awkwardly, realising that they were both...still..at that very awkward stage. She was still uncomfortable with this. He couldn't...he shouldn't pressure her. He follows, carefully, keeping the metal case in his hand, its contents right now one of the most important things to him.

But he would listen to her, following behind, trying to catch up and maintain a distance she was comfortable with, taking light steps to keep pace. "Of course...of course I am. And no more talking...about...yes." He grips the case tightly, glancing about, smiling just a little and then looking to Victoria again. "Your hair...did look...beautiful though. You...hide it too much."
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:30 pm

Victoria looks strait forward along the path. for most of the trip down the cliff, she was silent, responding with one word responses to his attempts at small talk. She could remain quiet as long as she liked, but Victoria knew that the date would most certainly involve talking among other things. Though she had every opportunity to turn around and leave, never speak to Drake again, she didn't. That tiny part of her brain kept each foot moving forward. Eventually they came to the edge of a forest, about a mile until they reached the city.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:38 pm

In silence he looks about, realising the distance travelled and how awkward this all still was. But he knew full well it was also the opportune moment. "Victoria...hold up..." He stops for but a moment, bringing his arm from behind his back, clutching the metal case close to him.

How would she react to this? Would she understand? He guiltily looks to the small metal case and then to Victoria, then coughs, awkwardly. A few steps forward and he carefully holds it out to her. Inside is a rose, made from silvered iron, carefully crafted by him following a recent field trip. The sole purpose of that trip for him, a gift for her.

"I...want to give you this." They were away from everything and everyone else. They could react freely here.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:04 am

Victoria was confused, not in a good way at all. A gift? A gift. Why is he giving me a giving me a gift? No, no, no. He doesn't just DO that. Does he? Well, he did, so I guess he does. Damn! How do I react to that! It is pretty though. GAH, what do I do? Damnit! Say something! "I- Uh- Thank you?" Victoria fidgets uncomfortably. Idiot! That's all you can say? How about some wit! Some actual intelligence maybe?! Victoria rubs the back of her neck, blushing once more as she yells at herself inside her head.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:28 am

At her blush he smiles, stepping just a little closer, carefully reaching out to touch her cheek, to lift her gaze to meet his own. She liked it. His touch is gentle, kind, caring and he steps a little closer to her.

"It's...okay. There's just us here. No one else." He smiles, nodding at that, watching her response carefully. If she would let him he'd take her into his arms for the moment, keeping her with him. Giving her the gift was a huge weight off his chest...a huge worry that he was free of. "I...made this. For you. Because of..." His words are unsteady, uncertain for a moment and he shakes his head. It was difficult to say the important things...
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:47 am

The wind was the only thing to break the silence of the moment. Victoria reached out and gingerly picked up the rose from it's case. For a while, she just stood there, staring at the rose, her gaze becoming more and more focused on the little metal flower. Inside her head, a war raged against that tiny part that had, over the course of her day, grown to be a monstrosity, commanding Victoria as she protested silently. Then she snapped. Something in her mind had won her over thanks to a simple little trinket, and that something began instructing her, like a tiny general inside her head. The tiny general ordered Victoria to tell Drake the truth. It was time to push everything out into the open so it could be dealt with. "Drake... This is beautiful... I- I... I just want you to know..." Victoria took a step closer to Drake. She swallows and looks Drake in the eyes. Her piercing green met his deep blue and she inhaled. "I want you to know... That... I... Like your hair..?" The tiny general slapped his forehead. Victoria dropped her head and turned away, ashamed at herself.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:26 am

The silence was indeed awkward as she stepped closer, looking at him. He returned the gaze, smiling just a little and then, at her odd choice of words he blinked."I...thanks...um..." No no no! She'd managed to break herself and mess herself up. He worriedly frowns and reaches to turn her back around to face him.

And without any real warning he'd pull her in for a kiss, much as he did several days past though this time he was capable of standing upright and not winded. He didn't want her to scare herself off. He needed to calm her down, he needed Victoria to relax. She was worrying more than he was...there was no other explanation for her words.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:44 am

Defeat. Something Victoria hated above all other things. She had lost, not to Drake, but herself. Why can't I talk to him? You can imagine her surprise when Drake turned her around and kissed her. Had anyone else done that, they would have the end of her spear, but not Drake, the first person since she'd been marked whom Victoria had opened up to in the slightest, the only person to make her feel a different kind of happiness. Her eyes fluttered and, just like in the forest that night, she crossed her arms on his shoulders and relished in the moment. Victory.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:06 am

Victory. An apt phrase for this moment for both of them, as Drake keeps Victoria close to him, as he reluctantly breaks the kiss after a few moments to look to her, smiling. With no one else around this was actually better for both of them. Both were almost timid in their nature around others, both reluctant to accept the emotions felt.

But with no one to judge there was a sort of freedom. He smiles again, keeping her close to him, slipping his arms around her sides. Trust. He trusted her, just as she trusted him. Together they were safe. Together they could be closer to their true selves, not the images portrayed to others.

"It's...okay Victoria. I think I know what you mean. It's just us here. Just...say what you want. No one can judge you. I certainly won't." His voice is quiet, calm, though his mind races as potential situations slip through, each one different from the last. But he was here for her. He was going to keep her safe...and with him.

"You are...beautiful. Your eyes...now that I can see them..." He smiles to her and nods, unaware his eyes had shifted to their natural blue colouration. Normally this was the first sign of stress, the first sign of his Semblance's fragmented nature...but this was something more. The first signs of a broken soul starting to mend...
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:32 am

He isn't a threat. That thought echoed in her mind for a while. She actually felt relaxed around Drake. Relaxed, but not vulnerable. Nervously, she chewed on the inside of her cheek, as the tiny general once again ordered her to speak the truth. "I don't know what to say... I've never wanted to be beautiful, never wanted... This. You keep changing things. You're making this hard..." Victoria pulled her arms off of Drake, taking a step back to try and clear her rampaging mind. 
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 5:09 am

He lets her go, reluctantly, watching her and realising that he could not pressure her. Not at this point. Much of this had to come from Victoria herself. Just as he had to realise what she meant to him so to did she have to figure out the same.

At her words he nods, smiling just a little and looking down awkwardly. He was making things difficult. She was confused about him and his nature wasn't helping. He nods, slowly and looks to her, noticing her, from the emerald eyes to the distinct scar along her jawline. And he smiles, softly.

"I...apologise. I appear to make things difficult by my very nature. But...I would ask...why? Why did you never want...this? Us? It is not weakness...it is...strength. Yes. From what I have seen...this...is strength. A bond that keeps true. Not weakness." His thoughts drift just a little as he looks to her, fidgeting nervously. Why was she so afraid of...this? Of them?
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:52 am

"I... Disagree." Victoria turned away once again and began to continue down the path, first making sure that Drake was following. For a long time, the two walked in silence, Victoria kept opening her mouth to speak, but couldn't find the words. About halfway through the wooded path, Victoria paused an finally spoke. "About four years ago, I thought the same thing. I know why you're wrong." Victoria stroked her scar.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:48 pm

He follows her, carefully, head lowered slightly in silence. He wasn't sure if he was losing her...or if this was normal. It was frustrating...no...infuriating. It was infuriating for her to say that...and then say nothing for so long. He had to give her time... He knew this.

But why did this seem as painful as the first few awkward moments of...whatever this was they had? Why could she say nothing to him? His thoughts started to darken with worry as he followed her and then, when she spoke he stopped, looking up at her. For a moment the blue eyes show tendrils of black which quickly retreat on hearing her voice.

"What...happened?"

Something had scarred her. Her motions...indicated that. Something had done as much harm to her as...Artemis had done to him. He looks to her, frowning just a little as an inkling of concern comes in. He would listen...he would learn why she was so...hurt. If she trusted him enough to tell him of this...then...perhaps he was not losing her as he feared...
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Victoria looked defeated, almost hopeless. She sat against a tree and motioned for Drake to sit next to her. "You kind of look like him, you know?" Victoria's voice cracked slightly, she steeled herself against the grief quickly overtaking her. "He was the best fighter I've ever met- he's still the best. He was charming and witty, strong and handsome..." Victoria makes a sad smile, reminiscing. "He was stubborn though, in the end though, that wasn't what took him... That was me... My fault..."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:44 pm

He takes the seat offered, carefully, sitting cross legged as he looks to her, frowning just a little at the comparison. He...looked like him. Hearing her voice crack caused him to shiver. It was a moment of weakness for her...he needed to be here for her.

"Victoria...it...wasn't your fault. If he was all you said he was...then you would know that he wouldn't blame you. He...couldn't blame you." In his mind there was worry. Anxiety. Fear. Fear was the one that was most disturbing to him, the emotion his cold, broken soul had shut off. But here it was. He was afraid...afraid that she was going to be lost, that she had opened the doors to her soul and would now flee.

He was afraid that she would forever compare him to a ghost of her past.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:14 am

Victoria let out a long sigh, she dropped her head into one hand. "I'm not finished. He did die for my- in my place." Tears well up in Victoria's eyes, but are quickly extinguished. "We... We were on a hunting trip. We got separated from our group, eventually we were hopelessly lost." Victoria shakes a little, turning her gaze away from Drake to hide the persistent wetness in her eyes. "An ursa found us first, the biggest one I've ever seen. We could have ran, we could have tried at least, be he... He had to defend me. Idiot... He killed the ursa... He didn't- he didn't make it back though..." For the first time in years, a tear, hidden from Drake's view, rolled down her cheek. Victoria subtly wipes it away, she would be strong. "I walked away with a scar, he didn't walk away... He died defending me, it was my fault."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 2:57 am

"Nonsense."

His voice almost seems too cruel, too harsh for what Victoria had just told him. But he knew full well of loss. Carefully he reaches out, to turn her back to facing him, to keep her attention on him as he looks at her. She needed to see how serious he was, how much truth was being put into his words.

"Nonsense. It is not your fault. He...died willingly for you. He died...so you may live. That was not...folly. Nor was it your fault. It was...his choice. He chose to die so that you may live. The scar...should be a reminder of how strong...this emotion...is. It should be a reminder of what you meant to him. It...should be a reminder of something else though."

He moves, slightly, shifting position to his knees, touching her cheeks, wiping away what tears he may find before looking at her with bright blue eyes. "A reminder of a person's right...to choose. And...I have decided to choose. To choose...to try...and be...with you. My own emotions...are broken. Just as broken. But...I want to try."

He moves, just a little, bringing himself a bit closer to her, still looking her in the eye. "I...know I am not him. I...know...you hurt. But it was not your fault. I...don't even accept it as a fault. It was...noble. Honourable. His last...gift...for you. Victoria...live."

"Live for him."
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:09 am

Drake was different, Victoria was already aware, but now she was aware of the real difference. He cared about her. She wasn't another girl, nor a commander to be looked up to. He was an equal, an actual person who cared about Victoria. "I'm- I'm sorry... For this." Victoria closed her eyes, pushing fresh tears down her reddened cheeks. For a moment, she was still, but her strained face betrayed the calm demeanor she tried to maintain. "Damnit, Drake..." Victoria was broken. Her emotions, bottled up for so long, grief, guilt, fear, pooled in her eyes and fell to the forest floor. She grabbed Drake's shoulders, pulling him into a tight hug, pressing her face into his shoulders as she finally cracked. Victoria shook, silently weeping into his shoulder, but it was more a sign of thanks than anything else. "Please... Don't tell anyone about this..."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:26 am

At Victoria's outburst...at her seemingly sudden surge of emotion he simply puts his arms around her, letting her cry, letting her release all the pent up emotion. This was the side of her...that needed to be released. For a moment there is silence as he simply holds her close to him, leaning to whisper softly to her.

"I won't...I swear Victoria. I will tell no one. Your...secret...is safe with me. You are safe..with me." He smiles, just a little and just holds her, keeping her close to him. What was he meant to say? What was he meant to do? He shakes his head and carefully he moves to kiss her forehead. She had told him everything...he had to be strong for her.

"I am here with you...if you'll let me be..."
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:12 am

She could trust Drake with all her sadness, all her softness, all herself. Now, she truly broke. Victoria gripped Drake with all her strength, crying loudly, but muffled by his shoulder. She missed "Him" mire than she realized, and Drake had opened up the old wound. Or perhaps he had healed it? Victoria slumped, still crying, exhausted as she hung from Drake's neck, resting her head on his chest. "Drake... I don't... I don't want you to leave. You- you can stay." She still shivered from her episode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]   Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Drakes Most Strange [Closed - Team DISC, MKNT]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next