RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Practice Arena

Go down 
+37
edwazhere
Amber
thatguyzeke
eyeblaster3
Dust_hunter0
Laris_Cole
Fogfun
methe
A_rav
bren159
Kellenredx
Shemskis
Zou Sama
MrManix
CentralDogma
DrGustave
Steven
BillyD3Kidd
Metroidhunter
Haboo90
Prinny
zhleader
Yuki-Chan
JL
Lazy_eye_of_sauron
Sun Wukong
Jetscream
Myren
Kooplah
wubwub
Frankenstein Joe
Alder_
Skylight
DatteSa
Dante
AkaiOtaku
AppleDashed
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Prinny

The Practice Arena - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:43 pm

Alex drops down from the wall, seemingly out of nowhere. "I saw the entire fight. You could've dodged his charge attack and then picked up Volc when he was recovering." Alex looked slightly disappointed, "I heard that you wanted me to get some things for you?"
Back to top Go down
zhleader

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Zack turns towards Alex, not reacting since he is used to seeing his friend show up from nowhere. "I just didn't want to get hit in the face with an axe." He grins before continuing. "I need you to go find some sugar, eggs, and chocolate chips. I think I have everything else. Finding more heat dust is gonna be kinda hard too, you could do that instead if you want. I'd take some out of Volc-Cannus, but I've already used some of it for baking, so I don't want to take any more out." Zack looks at Alex for a few more moments. "By the way, have you just been hanging around stalking people again? You should probably take the time to actually meet some people. Oh, and I hope you're not mad that I partnered up with Jet, I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who won't annoy you too much. And hey, there's always the chance you could join us, too!" Zack grins and gives a hopeful thumbs up. "So, are you gonna steal the heat dust or the ingredients?"
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:57 pm

"I never said I was going to steal anything," Alex starts, "and if you wanted some heat dust, you should have just asked me." Alex opens a compartment in his left gauntlet and takes out a vial of orange dust. "Here."
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:00 am

Zack eagerly grabs the vial. "Sweet! Thanks! Guess I'll go find the rest of what I need and then bake the cookies. Wanna come back and help me mix them? Your gauntlets would probably be pretty efficient for cookie cutters."
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:03 am

Alex holds up his right hand and frowns, "I'll use this." He instantly flicks out a small throwing knife and holds it between his index and middle fingers.
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:06 am

"Cool, let's head over the the cliffs by the school. There's a pretty cool view out there, plus it'll give me room to use the heat dust and fire Volc-Cannus." Zack began walking down the hallways, exiting the arena building.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:14 am

Looking around the stadium, he stared at the exits. One of them probably went to the locker rooms and then to the showers. Another probably just led out into the open areas. But, well, this was a practice stadium. A bit like a gym. And if so.....

Lan stood up, leaving his bag on one of the benches but taking his sword with him, along with his wallet. Half walking, half running, he got over to one of the other exits. Somewhat similar to a small tunnel, under the cover of the roof was a vending machine. Most of it was water bottles; there were some which were energy drinks, some which were juices, and one or two of the choices available were 'healthy' version of soft drinks (Honestly, those just contain sugar alternatives, and thanks to the cheap attitude of companies said alternatives usually weren't as healthy as sugar in the first place).

Lan quickly pressed the button for the correct price, then tapped his wallet against the smart card reader. The 'beep' signifying a deduction of money from the card sounded, and then the buttons under each of the possible choices of drinks that cost the same as the selected price lit up. Lan quickly pressed the one for orange juice, and immediately the sound of a bottle of orange juice sliding down a tube echoed. Lan reached out and picked it up from the small 'hole' that had caught it, twisted the cap, turned back towards the arena -

And tripped over the shoe of the oncoming Kirkka. The orange juice fell out of his hand and landed side ways on the floor, rolling. Whatever juice that hadn't been flung out of the bottle now poured out the cap.

Lan turned to Kirkka - whom he now recognized as the woman who had been sweeping the floor.

Oops. I wonder who's fault that was.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:26 am

Kirkka, walking out of the arena, spots a shooting star in the sky. Ohh! I wish that nobody destroys the arena this year! ...Ha. Good luck with that one. A moment later, she finds herself stumbling slightly. She shifts her gaze downward and notices she knocked a student down! "Oh! I'm sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" She reaches down and lightly grabs his shoulder and arm to help him stand. "Are you alright, kid? No permanent damage I hope?" A smile follows this question, showing both concern and kindness.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:30 am

"Um, no.....uh, you're the janitor, right? I kinda..just..." he gestured towards the spill of orange juice. The pool was still ever getting larger.

Lan kept his eye away from Kirkka's gaze.
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:37 am

Myren's raises an eyebrow. "Cas? that a friend of yours?" He says, sheathing Skorpios.
Back to top Go down
wubwub

wubwub

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:46 am

Syn perks up a little.

"C.A.S." He says. "Cognitive Assist System. Just a little something I made myself. It's an AI I installed into my helmet." Syn gives a sturdy knock on his trusty helmet. "Helps me fight better." Two light circles glow on Syn's helmet where his cheeks would be. "I wouldn't be here at Beacon, without it."
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:51 am

"Helps you fight eh? Myren grins widely. sliding into a well practiced fighting stance he raises his fists in front of him.

"Now that's more like it. how 'bout you show me this fancy system of yours in action?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:56 am

Kirkka dusts him off a bit and smiles. "Actually I'm the groundskeeper here. Kirkka Scarlet. I also try to keep the arena operating. I do like cleaning, but I'm not a janitor." Her gaze follows his and she spots the fallen drink. "Ahh!" She steps over and picks it up, stopping the spill. She then walks over to the vending machine and looks at it. "This was yours I assume. Let me get you a new one!" A few button presses and a quick swipe later, she produces a new, un-spilled version of the drink he had moments ago. "Here we are. Sorry about that!" She hands him the new drink, then pulls out a rag from her back pocket and mops up the spill as best she can. "There we go. Nothing to worry about!"
Back to top Go down
wubwub

wubwub

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:00 am

Syn didn't need C.A.S. to help him understand that. His LED was once again displaying "^^". He finally gets to spar after witnessing many eventful ones.

"Aw yiss!" Syn couldn't contain his excitement. He does a backflip, landing with one leg bending up like a spring coiling up. "Ready?" He doesn't have the patience. He wants to party. "Go!" Syn leaps forward with his right fist pulled back. Aiming to punch Myren in the head.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:02 am

"Uh-Ah!" Lan said as another orange juice was plopped into his hands. So nice...... Lan stood there, staring at Kirkka as she mopped up the floor.

Why? She doesn't know me, so why is she so nice?

Thinking back on what had just happened, Lan stood there in a stupor. That is, until a single word that Kirkka had uttered resonated in his mind. Groundskeeper....then, that means!

"Grounds...keeper? Then..you know the other staff...right?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:10 am

Kirkka, still kneeling from cleaning the spilled juice, looks up at Lin. "Huh? Well, yeah. Of course. Why, something wrong?" She asks in a confused manor. The question was quite unexpected. She stands, holding the rag in her left hand slightly away from her to keep any juice off her clothes.
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:16 am

Myren was a bit surprised at how eager this little guy was to fight someone who was this much larger than him. He was more surprised still to see just how quickly this armored kid could move.
Myren swerves to the right, letting the punch slide past him, and tried to counter with a short kick with his right leg, testing his opponent's reaction time.
Back to top Go down
wubwub

wubwub

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:32 am

"Aw man!" complains Syn, a little bummed out as his first strike is dodged with ease. Inside his helmet, an immediate beep alarms Syn and the inner display screen signals an incoming kick before it's even half-way through. Syn instinctively, turns to face the kick and blocks it with his forearm. He was surprised to the fact how average the force was. "C'mon, are you even trying?" Why did I say that, now he's going to go super saiyan on me. As soon as Syn recomposed himself, he backed up a little, with that thought.
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:40 am

" hah! good. You know what you're doing" Myren says, obviously pleased.
Advancing quickly, He jabs low with his left, only to follow with a hard swing from the right, throwing much more of his weight into this one.
Back to top Go down
wubwub

wubwub

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:58 am

Uh oh, should i be scared right about now? Syn's thoughts were interrupted by another alarm from C.A.S.

"Multiple Strikes Inbound," C.A.S. spoke in a robotic female tone, yet it was more calm than alarming. Syn zones in from his thoughts.

"Thanks C.A.S." The inner screen digitally highlighted both of Myren's fists, each with their accelerations labeled; All was happening in a matter of seconds and Syn had to react now. He hops to his left to dodge the incoming jab, but it leaves him in mid-air. C.A.S. tells him where the blow will land, so Syn attempts to block accordingly, again using his forearms. This time the force was enough to send him staggering backwards, as he flops down on his back. "Ouch C.A.S. why didn't you tell me he hit so hard."

"Look at him. It should have been expected."

"Thanks C.A.S." Syn replies, this time with a hint of sarcasm. Syn jumps back on his feet and examines his opponent. Darn, she's right. Oh well, still will be fun. Syn takes a deep breath and then charges straight at Myren.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:00 am

"I....uh....."

Say it.

"I was hoping to....."

Tomorrow comes after today.

"....I wish to join this school."

The Practice Arena - Page 12 Photo8_zps3c6af6dc
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:09 am

Seeing Syn charging at him, Myren shifts back into a ready stance. He braced himself for whatever his opponent would throw at him, expecting that his size would let him hold his ground.

He noticed that Syn seemed to be talking to himself, as muffled mutters could be heard from under that strange looking helmet. "better watch out" he thought. "I have no idea what this Cas thing can do"
Back to top Go down
wubwub

wubwub

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:14 am

"C.A.S. weak points, now!" Syn still charging at Myren, gaining momentum.

"Opponent is in defensive stance. No weak points detected."

"Then I'll just hit whatever I want!" Syn slides down, like a baseball player going for homebase, turning his body downwards and sticking his arms out. He grabs on to Myren's ankles and lets his momentum pull his body from underneath.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:14 am

Kirkka raises an eyebrow at the kid before her. "Wait... you aren't a student here? How did you get here then? And, you want to join? Are you sure about that? You seem kind of young, there's plenty of time to decide something like this. Beacon isn't exactly a super safe place." Didn't I see him fighting in the arena? I believe that was him. He seemed pretty experienced, she wonders to herself. She opens her mouth to speak, but holds her thought and decides to await his reply to her previous questions.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:21 am

"No. I'm not a student. But I've decided, I want to join!" This time, Lan spoke with no hesitations, similar to how he felt when he was in the arena, fighting. His mind was now dead set on one goal, and he would achieve it. Nothing could stop him - whether it was dangerous, or there was still time, or there were other things he could do. No, this time....I won't give up.
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:22 am

Jet walks in and heads toward the gym to work out a bit, get ready for initiation. He set his bag of tools down and pulled off Paladin before looking around to see what the place offered.
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:38 am

Myren's eyes go wide as Syn slides under him. "what the.."  He thought, as he tried to step away from what he thought was simply a failed kick or something. This however didn't stop Syn from grabbing his ankles as he slid past.

Breaking his fall with his arm, Myren rolls back to his feet. "no more of that" He thought to himself "need to keep him close. don't let him get that kind of momentum."

Myren turned to face Syn just as he stood up. Crossing the gap quickly Myren threw a series of fast strikes to keep him on the defensive. Always making sure not to let the gap between them widen.

(OoC; going to bed, will resume tomorrow)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Practice Arena   The Practice Arena - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Practice Arena
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next