RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]

Go down 
+4
DrGustave
Frankenstein Joe
Zou Sama
Nitzlplix
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Yuki-Chan

Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:31 am

"Well that's why I needed him to have his back to me! Even with about a weapon, most of my aura is focused on my legs so I can throw out a pretty mean kick if I need to." Melissa explained to Shovel Man, who didn't seem to think she could handle herself.

Seeing as everything had been handled already, she went back to the area where she had been when Steinmetz took her weapon to modify it, looking to see if he was done yet.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:47 am

As Melissa beings to enter the doors of the warehouse, she finds herself face-to-face with Steinmetz what appears to be Soothing Mayhem in his hands.

"Ah, fräulein! Impeccable timing! Your weapon, she was very fun to tinker with. Why don't you see what she can do, now?"

Steinmetz
walks out into the courtyard, and surveys the damage from the recent skirmish.

"Ah! I see I've missed the party! hohoho!"

Turning to the Shovel Man "Oliver, is everything under control?"

"It is, the big guy went a bit nuts and now he's in the west wing getting treated for injuries"

"Ah! That one. Yes, he was here yesterday! That boy really needs to learn some anger management! Hohoho!"

Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:11 am

Reclaiming Soothing Mayhem, Melissa took Steinmetz's advice and went to test it on one of the remaining dummies. She let loose a spray of flames (Though a brief one - starting a fire wouldn't be the nicest way to repay the inventor's help) at the dummy and marvelled at how it actually seemed to do some damage. Before such a brief burst wouldn't even have left a mark.

Moving back to the courtyard, she approached Steinmetz again to thank him, "Thank you so much for helping! You really are a master inventor! If I had chosen to be an inventor instead of a huntress you would definitely be my idol! Is there any way I can repay you for your time though?" She said.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:14 am

"Ah, you haven't even seen the new feature I've added."

He pulled out his little device again and 3 targets popped out of the ground in a wide formation.

"When you use your flamethrower, activate your aura slightly so that it pulses through your hands."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:24 am

"Alright, just give me a bit! Almost all the aura I use for offensive and defensive purposes is used for boosting my legs... Not used to using aura from my hands but if it's just a little bit it should be oka-" Melissa said, but was abruptly cut off as her hands pulsed with aura momentarily, and the flamethrower shot out three bursts of flame in a wide arc, each hitting a target.

She simply stared in surprise for a moment, before turning around at Steinmetz, "You really are a master inventor... You did this in the short amount of time you were working on it?"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 4:56 am

"Ah, I actually added 3 other features, but then I realized I had gone overboard. Most of this time was spent taking off those modifications."
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:06 am

OOC:....Small thought. But...weapons tinkerer? Lan has one.

You'll see where this goes. Smile

IC:

I walked off, following the path Melissa had taken. The paramedics had arrived quickly, and amazingly, they'd decided to do their work right here, in the estate, rather than at the closest hospital or clinic, although I'm sure Shard would have to visit there eventually. In a hurry they'd wheeled him off, performing a lot of medical shiz-naz that I'm sure we'd eventually have to pretend we knew in Beacon.

I went up the steps just in time to a flare rise up in the courtyard. Probably some weapons test. Heading off in that direction, I was surprised to see that it was actually Melissa using her own weapon against multiple dummies.

Turning towards the inventor, tiny gears started to form ideas in my head. Perhaps.....

I stood there awkwardly, no facial expression.

I just thought about the chances, and whether I should go or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:57 am

Inigo walks behind Lan, seemingly lost in thought, and pats him on the shoulder.

"Hey! When did you get here?"

Before he can say anything, Inigo notices that Lan is starting at Dr. Steinmetz.

"Oh? Did you come to see the old man?"

Last edited by Nitzlplix on Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:08 am

OOC: The mispellings.....

There's an innuendo.

shlpshlpshlp

IC:

Arms suddenly dropping onto my shoulders shocked my out of my stupor, and I jumped a little bit. "Hey, Inigo." I say without turning around, recognizing the voice of my teammate.

"Oh? Did you come to see the old man?"

I half nodded, half mumbled 'yes'. It came out as a silly grunt, and I tried my best to ignore how silly it probably sounded to Inigo. I turned around, raising my sword in it's inactive, portable form. From the outside, it looked like a generic weapon - generic meaning unique, powerful, and made to destroy Grimm. Yet I knew nothing about it, and I didn't know anyone who did.

"I wanted a weapons expert to take a look at my own sword. It was given to me by somebody, and I have no idea exactly what it's fully capable of. All I know is that it can use dust."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:14 am

"Sounds mysterious! I'm sure the old man might know something, he's been doing this for a while."

"It looks like he's done helping out Melissa, why don't you go say 'hi'"?, giving him a pat on the back, pushing him forward slightly.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:43 am

IC:

"Uh-Um.....I don't know what to..." I muttered quietly.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:21 am

"Huh?" Inigo looks puzzled.

"I can't hear you very..." before he can finish,

"Ah! Young Inigo! Who might your friend there, be?"

"Oh, hey, old man!", he turns to Lan.

"Go introduce yourself, man" patting him on the back, making him step again.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:25 am

IC:

I stared down at the ground, barely looking up. "My name's Lan, sir."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:14 am

Steinmetz looks the boy up and down.

"Ah! Nice to meet you, young man! I am Rudolf Steinmetz", he spots the young man's weapon and his eyes spark for second.

"That's a rather peculiar weapon you have there, young man. Did you...make it yourself?"
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:17 am

IC:

"No. Somebody....gave it." I didn't specify who; I didn't know anyway. I'd come across the lilac haired weirdo months prior; in exchange for simply standing there (Scarily, his chest, eyes and aura blasted a deep azure as the scariest expression showed on his face) he'd given me a sword. Apparently he had no need, and no interest in learning how to use it, so I'd been the "Natural choice."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:25 am

"Ah, interesting, would you mind showing me what it can do?"

Steinmetz
pulls out his little device and presses some keys on it. 4 training dummies appear out of the ground in the courtyard.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:41 am

IC:

"I....don't know the full extent of what it can do. But hitting something, I'm ok with that."

I turned towards the dummies, raising my sword as it charged up the dust inside. Blue-white energies started to spiral around the weapon, and I faced the dummies....if only for dramatic effect.

Well, too fast seems a bit wrong.

My grip tightened, my stance changed, and I made a small thrusting motion forwards with the sword. I visualized hitting all 4 targets with lightning bolts - it was what I had been told to do. And immediately, my weapon responded - four crisp blue bolts erupted from my sword, screaming through the air at the speed of a gold medal winning arrow at the Mistral tournaments, before smashing into and curling around the 4 dummies, instantly leaving blackened chars.

I let my sword's tip drop towards the ground.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:56 am

"Ah! Remarkable! I've worked with energy-based dust in some of my own designs, but I've never seen the energy so...focused!"

Calming from his momentary exuberance.

"Young man, who gave you that weapon?"
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:06 pm

IC:

"I...don't know. Just a eccentric man I met in the streets."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:25 pm

"Ah, that's quite interesting. What did this man look like?"
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:31 pm

IC:

"Really...really....handsome. High class stature, a gaze that pierces through you....and a bright ice-lilac colored hair."

The color played through my mind, the angular hair waving beneath the wind as I was reminded of just how high and amazing that man had seemed.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:30 pm

As he said the words...

'Hmm, high class, eyes that pierce through you, and lilac hair...'

'Could it be...?'

"One more thing, young man. How old was this man?"

Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:56 pm

IC:

"I don't know. About in his twenties?"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:02 pm

"Did the man carry a walking stick?"
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:07 pm

IC:

"Maybe. I don't remember. He had a weapon."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:06 am

"Ah, thank you for entertaining my questions. Now, was there anything you'd like to ask me?"

While he was intrigued by the origins of the weapon before him, Steinmetz was far more interested in the weapon, itself.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 am

IC:

"I have no idea what my weapon is truly capable of. Obviously, I know it can use elemental dust for ranged and close quarters attacks. But other than that, I don't know the true abilities."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]   Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open] - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Steinmetz's Annual Open House [Open]
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next