RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Bell beamed and shook her head.

"I love Mama's sandwiches," Bell smiled. "I'll go get them."

Bell skipped to the fridge and took out the sandwiches, already sliced in diagonal cuts and laid down nicely on a plate. She handed them to Cheshire and pointed to the small toaster oven.

"Mama warms them for a minute," she said.

Bell waited patiently at her chair once again, drinking apple juice having to hold it the glass with two hands. She gulped it down greedily and ended up having a circle of juice rim her mouth.

Cheshire's scroll began to ring and once Cheshire would pick it up, he'd hear Vixen on the other end.

What do you mean a girl is calling her 'mother'?

Last edited by vide1993 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Cheshire set the timer right around the time the scroll rang. Reading it, Cheshire quirked an eyebrow and typed his reply.

You don't know? There's a little girl staying in Liseran's room who calls her mama. She sort of looks like Liseran now that I look at her, but she has black hair and a fairly scrawny frame. Her name is Bell. I'll send you a picture.

"Say cheese," Cheshire said quickly, raising his scroll towards Bell and taking a picture with little warning. He attached the picture to the message and pressed send. "Just wanted to take some pictures."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:10 pm

“Cchheeese!” Bell smiled with her eyes closed. She proceeded to wipe the juice from her mouth with her sleeve. “Aw…my dress is dirty now…”

Cheshire was quick to receive a reply.

The resemblance is uncanny…but I’m pretty sure Stay would have mentioned if Liseran had a daughter, unless she wanted to be hush about it. I’ll try and speak with her to see if anything comes up. Just keep an eye on the girl, if ever.

Bell walked up to Cheshire and tugged on him.

"Can I see the picture?" she asked meekly.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:15 pm

"Huh? Oh, sure," Cheshire said, kneeling down on one knee and pulling up the quick snap shot of Bell. Cheshire was in a bit of a daze, confused as to the identity of this little girl and her relationship with Liseran. For now he will simply watch over her and wait for Liseran.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:32 pm

Bell smiled as she looked at the picture and she hugged Cheshire.

"Mama has a scroll, too," Bell said as she let go and moved over to the coffee table. Liseran's violet-tinted scroll and began toying with it, pressing things here and there. "Mama has a pretty ringtone. She also uses it to lull me to sleep."

Bell sat on the chair and swung her legs as she played the song.

"Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku!" she sang merrily. She listened to the song for a while and showed Cheshire the video. "Isn't it cute? It's about a big big biiiig dumpling family!"

She spread her arms wide open to try and gesture how big she was talking about and as she did, she accidentally skipped the video to another one.

"Aw..." she said. She was about to return but, she stopped as the video was her and Liseran sitting on the couch. "Oh! Look! It's me and Mama!"

In the video Liseran had Bell on her lap, a calm, motherly look in her eyes, nothing like her usual nervous self. Bell was the one holding up the scroll.

"Mama! Look! I'm going to sing into the scroll!" she said.

"That's nice, deary. The dumpling song?"

"Uhuh~"

Bell was singing in the video quite merrily as Liseran rocked her back and forth, humming in the background.

"I want a big family just like the dumplings," Bell said.

"I'm sure you will," Liseran smiled. "I have lots of friends who I think are family and I'm sure they'd love to meet you."

In the video, Bell smiled and leaned her head on Liseran's chest, sighing contently.

"Mama...where is Papa?"

"Papa?" Liseran asked.

Bell nodded.

"I want Papa..."

For the smallest second, Liseran looked sad in the video and proceeded to hold the little girl tightly.

"You'll meet him some day, I'm sure," she said quietly.

"I love you, Mama."

"I love you, too, Bell."

The video ended there and Bell looked at Cheshire smiling, but the tiniest tears in her eyes.

"Some day I'll meet Papa," she smiled at him. "And then my family will be complete. It will be like the dumpling family. Right, Cheshy?"

But she didn't wait for a reply, her head dropped onto Cheshire's shoulder and she nodded off to sleep.

Last edited by vide1993 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Cheshire stared at Bell for a while blankly. He lightly petted her head and watched her sleep. After a while, Cheshire picked up Bell, letting her head rest on his shoulder as he carried her to a bed. Gently laying her on it, Cheshire pulled the sheets over the little girl and tucked her in nice and snug. He knelt down on his knees for awhile, simply watching her sleeping face.

It's uncanny how much she resembles Liseran... Who is her father? Where is he?

Cheshire stared at the little girl for a while, not sure what to make of her. In the end, he slowly leaned down and gave her a small peck on the forehead and pulled back, smiling at her warmly.

"If you were my daughter, I would have been very happy..."

Cheshire sat down and leaned his back against the wall next to the bed. He stared up at the ceiling for a while, counting the seconds by.

"... Dango, dango, dango, dango," Cheshire sang softly, "Dango, Dango, Big Dango Family... The naughty fried dango, the kind red bean dango, The Mid-Autumn Festival dango tends to dream a little..."

Cheshire softly sang the song from memory, not sure why but just decided to nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:06 pm

"Mama..." Bell murmured in her sleep. "Papa..."

She tossed around before finally turning away from Cheshire to hug a free pillow on the bed. She had fallen asleep before the raspberry sandwiches were touched and at the moment they simply lied in the toaster oven. Eventually, Cheshire would hear the sound of an opening door and find Lena back.

"Oh, is Bell asleep?" Lena asked.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:10 pm

"Yeah..." Cheshire murmured, looking at her. "So... you going to tell me who she is?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Lena nodded solemnly and moved over to the couch with a sigh.

"I'm sure you were probably alarmed when I said Bell was Liseran's daughter..." she said nervously. "But here's the thing, she's not Liseran's biological daughter."

Lena glanced at the door to the bedroom, as if she were worried Bell would appear any moment and hear their little discussion. She breathed out.

"Bell is a foundling," Lena said. "In fact, we've had her only this week. Around the exact time that Liseran came for her test, she found Bell unconscious on the ground at the entrance in rags holding nothing more than a roll of paper that read: Please Help Bell. No signature, no address, nothing Liseran asked for us to help her and we took her in. When the girl came to, she couldn't recall anything but her name and she insisted Liseran was her mother.

"However, that technically isn't possible because Liseran had been in the Archives her entirely life and she'd have to be the young age of fifteen, if we were to assume Bell was around six years old. We tried to tell her Liseran wasn't her mother, but that only made her cry and panic. Liseran, on her end, willfully took up the role to comfort the little girl and said she'd take care of her while she was taking the test. We're guessing the reason Bell is here is because she has some sort of connection to the Dormirse Bloodline, but we can't figure it out. We were supposed to look into her past with our semblance...but we can't strangely."

Lena had been talking as she moved around the room and placed the raspberry sandwiches on the table, offering one to Cheshire.

"I'm sorry to have worried you like that," Lena said. "I was going to explain when Bell was in the kitchen so she couldn't overhear us, but I was called abruptly. It must have drove you to a point to think Liseran might have had an illegitimate daughter."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:22 pm

"The thought... crossed my mind..." Cheshire admitted guiltily. He took the sandwich and nodded his thanks. "So she's not related to Liseran.... but they look so much alike. Her hair and eyes are the only real difference..." Cheshire bit into the sandwich and chewed it for some time as he thought. "You know... I always wanted a daughter. And I've always imagined her to be just like Bell... It's sort of silly but... I sort of wanted to be her father for a moment there..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Lena smiled and patted Cheshire's back.

"Well, if you must know, here at the Dormirse Household, marriage isn't really a thing," Lena said in regards to Cheshire's first comment. "We usually take men and have children and that's it. But whatever, right?"

She turned to the door again to where Bell was sleeping.

"Bell is pretty adorable, isn't she?" she said. "I'd understand why you'd feel that way. Liseran's grown pretty close to her too. Perhaps it's fate, perhaps it's coincidence they look alike as well."

Lena yawned and stood up stretching.

"Welp," Lena said. "I'm glad things are cleared over now. I have to head to bed. Matins and all tomorrow for us women."

She looked at the clock. It was now around 10pm.

"Liseran won't be back until later on," Lena said. "So help yourself to the bath and the bedroom. Goodnight."

With that Lena closed the door behind her. Leaving Cheshire in the quiet of the family quarters.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:42 pm

Cheshire stared off into space for a while, deep in thought. He decided in the end to take that bath and relax for a moment while he gathered his thoughts.

Soaking in the bath tub for a while, not even sure how long he was there, Cheshire tried to list off everything he knew.

Bell was found abandoned around the time Liseran came here. She insists Liseran is her mother. She has no memory of anything else besides her name...

Cheshire sighed and slowly rose from the bathtub. He dried himself off and wrapped the towel around his waist. He brought a change of clothes but they were stuffed into his suitcase Felix which he left in the room. Taking another towel to dry his hair, Cheshire opened the bathroom door to leave, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Another door opened but it wasn't the main door. It was the one of the bedroom. Bell came out of the room, her face bright red and her eyes filled with tears. She didn't seem to notice Cheshire at all and she began to wander around the quarters.

"Mama...Mama..." she said. She stopped in the middle of the room and began rubbing her eyes, tears trailing down her cheeks. "Please be okay, Mama..."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Cheshire was silent for a moment. He wasn't sure what to do. Cheshire decided to quickly put on the clothes he came with, stopping at the dress shirt and leaving the armor since it would take to long. Changing fairly quickly, Cheshire slowly approach Bell and knelt in front of her. He paused for a moment in thought before petting her head reassuringly.

"Don't worry," Cheshire murmured, "Your mama is a strong person. She'll come back soon. I know it."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Bell's eyes came over to Cheshire and hugged him.

"I saw Mama," Bell said. "Mama got hurt really badly by a bad thing and she had to retreat. I don't like it when I see things, Cheshy. They're bad and they always happen..."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Cheshire wrapped his arms around Bell and rubbed her back to comfort her. He was about to say something but something clicked in his mind.

"Bell... did you just said you saw something that will happen?" Cheshire asked. "Can you... see the future like Liseran?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Bell looked at Cheshire as she rubbed the tears away from her eyes, nodding as she nuzzled him.

"It happened before," Bell said. "I had a bad dream Mama broke her leg and she did. She's fixed now, but I'm still scared."

She suddenly stiffened and her eyes grew wide. She pulled back from Cheshire and turned to the door.

"Mama!" she said just as the door clicked open. She rushed to it. "Mama!"

From the door emerged Liseran in her Dormirse uniform. Her face ruddy and her eyes half asleep. Her clothes were dusty and she had bandages on both her hands.

"Mama!" Bell cried as she embraced Liseran.

Liseran hazily saw Bell and smiled weakly.

"Bell..." she murmured before she fell onto her knees, her head resting on Bell's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:17 pm

Cheshire let out a sigh of relief to see Liseran okay. Cheshire approached the two, several thoughts running through his head.

She has her semblance... But she can't be related... Wait, maybe from her father's family? But then why does she think Liseran is her mother...?

Cheshire crouched down behind Bell and looked at Liseran. Liseran looked exhausted. He wanted to ask her a lot of things but decided it was best to leave her be for now. Cheshire picked up both Liseran and Bell in a princess carry with Bell lying on top of Liseran. Both of the girls were so ridiculously light it almost made him laugh.

"Lets let mama sleep for now, okay?" Cheshire whispered softly to Bell.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:24 pm

"Cheshire...?" Liseran murmured as she was laid onto the bed. She looked at him as if she had only seen him now. Her eyes were tired but she kept them open, trying to make sure she was dreaming.

"Cheshy was waiting for you, Mama," Bell said as she snuggled close to her Liseran.

Liseran tried to sit up, but found she was too tired. Her head dropped onto the pillow and her eyes closed.

"I'm glad you're here..." she mumbled before falling asleep. Bell held onto her mother tighter and then turned to Cheshire.

"I love you, Mama," she said softly before letting go. She sat up on her knees and stroked her mother's hair. "Cheshy, why does Mama have to work so hard?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:41 pm

"Well..." Cheshire trailed off, "Your mama is... very stubborn. She works hard for everyone else and has little concern for her own well being... But she's determined to do her best at everything.... and that's just another one of her charms..."

Cheshire tucked Liserand and Bell in under the sheets.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:46 pm

"I love Mama," Bell said as she turned to Cheshire, her hands clutching the blankets tightly. "I just want Mama safe."

She looked at Cheshire and smiled.

"Cheshy, can you stay with us?" Bell said. "I'm scared Mama might try to go away before I wake up. I don't want to be alone..."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:53 pm

"I uh..." Cheshire was hesitant, but he looked at Bell's pleading eyes. He looked to the side nervously and sighed as if exhausted. "... Alright. But you better stay in the middle."

Cheshire nervously got under the sheet and shifted close to Bell. He placed an arm over the little girl comfortingly as if the assure you that he was there for her.

"... You know Bell..." Cheshire murmured, "... I would have liked... to have been your papa..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 pm

The moment Cheshire said the last word, Bell's eyes widened and they began to shine as her lips trembled, trying to stay smiling.

"Papa..." she said softly. She moved closer to Cheshire and hugged him. "Papa...I found you, Papa! You're my Papa!"

Bell giggled as two small tears ran down her face, nuzzled him and laughed. Liseran unconsciously turned sides to face Bell.

"Oh, Bell..." she mumbled in her sleep.

The little girl laid down on her back as she smiled at Cheshire and Liseran. Her eyes closed as she smiled.

"Mama...Papa...I found both of you."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:03 pm

Cheshire was more then a bit shocked. As the little girl made her exclamation, his mind was drawing a blank for the first time. What could he have done? Tell her otherwise? Say that that was impossible? ... No. Cheshire could not have done that.

He wrapped his arms around Bell, holding her close as he laid on that bed with Liseran. He remained silent and allowed his eyes to lower as he slowly relaxed himself to sleep.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:12 pm

The night took over as the three slept soundly and soon morning came. When Cheshire would wake up, he would see he was alone in the bed. A little sunlight filtered through the small crack of the curtains covering the window. The blankets were all tangled up and there was no sign of the two girls there. From the kitchen came the sound of something sizzling in a pan, the sound of plates being laid on the table and the chatter of two girls.

"Mama! I want my egg sunny side up!" Bell was saying enthusiastically. "And then a bacon slice to make it look like it's smiling."

"Alright, deary," Liseran would say. "Just make sure you finish it all up."

"Uhuh~"

Once Cheshire would enter the family quarters, he would see Liseran in a plain, short-sleeved white dress with a blue apron draped over her.

"Good morning, Cheshire," Liseran smiled. "Did you sleep well?"

"Papa!" Bell burst out. She got up from her seat and ran to embrace Cheshire by the knees. She looked up to him and smiled. "Morning, Papa! Morning!"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:18 pm

It took a moment for everything to register in Cheshire's brain. He recalled why he was here soon enough but it took longer for it to register that he was being referred to as "papa". Cheshire face reddened slightly and he nodded.

"Y-Yes I... had a good sleep," Cheshire muttered, petting Bell's head warmly. "You uh... you look nice in an apron Liseran. Like a real house wife."

Cheshire had no idea why he said that and the moment he realized he did, he averted his gaze nervously.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:26 pm

"Papa?" Liseran said as she tilted her head, but she decided to let it pass as Bell looked extremely happy. Hearing Cheshire's comment, she flinched a bit and immediately looked away. Her face turned bright red.

"Y-you think so?" she said nervously. "I um...well...th-thank you. Oh, my the eggs!"

Liseran whirled around to catch the eggs in the pan before they decided to burn. Bell giggled as she hugged Cheshire and then let go to take his hand.

"Let's eat now, Papa," the little girl said as she led him to the table.

"I learned from Lena that you arrived," Liseran told Cheshire as she served breakfast.

There was a basket of hot rolls, a platter of bacon and eggs. A pitcher of chilled orange juice stood next to three glasses.

"There you go," Liseran said as she placed down toasted bread and jam before finally sitting down. Bell sat in between her and Cheshire.

"Yummy~" Bell muttered as she looked at her food. Liseran turned to Cheshire and smiled.

"I'm sorry you had to come all the way out here," she said. "I hope it wasn't too much of a bother. And thank you for watching Bell."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next