RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:11 pm

"I see..." Cheshire murmured. "Then please just answer me this. Liseran's life is not in danger, right?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 8:55 pm

Head Mistress Stay exhaled deeply and looked at the cat faunus firmly.

"This test has its dangers, yes," she said. "But we've made every measure possible to make sure Liseran's life is not at stake. When her auras reach a certain low level, she is prompted to retreat through the transfer capsules found on each level. There's is also the Grimm Master in the deep dungeons who makes sure the Grimm stay at put and he'll intervene as necessary. Our infirmary's healers are highly-skilled in what they do and the biggest wound Liseran can be reverted to a hairline scratch. We care about Liseran's safety very much, so we guarantee you we will not let it reach the point that her life will be at risk."

The Head Mistress looked at the grandfather clock in the corner of the room.

"I assume it's time for you to leave," she said. "Lena, you can lead him to Liseran's family quarters now."

"As you wish, Mistress Stay," Lena said bowing her head.

She placed a hand on Cheshire's shoulder reassuringly. "You'll see Liseran in one piece soon enough."

The two left the head mistress and walked up more stairs and passed more corridors. It was similar to the set up of the dormitories in Beacon, actually. Lena eventually led Cheshire to one of the marble inlaid corridors and to a smooth mahogany door with a silver handle. The number 93 was written on it.

"Our family quarters are divided by our nuclear family members," Lena said. "Usually of us stay in wider dormitories together, but for sometimes the father/husband of a member will reside here so these kinds of quarters are made. In respect of Liseran's parents, we let her stay here. She also didn't really get along with others anyways, so it suited her fine."

"Lena!" a voice called from the end of the corridor. Two more girls in Dormirse uniforms were rushing there. "Lena, it's time for the evening readings! We have to go!"

"Alright!" Lena called back. She turned to Cheshire and nodded. "The door's unlocked for you and a sending will be serving you your meals in a moment. It was nice meeting you!"

Cheshire was left alone in the hallways. Once he opened the room, he'd find himself in what looked like a well-furnished apartment. The walls were a deep raspberry color and the carpet was currant red. A soft sofa and two armchairs with fine wood finishes surrounded a glass coffee table. There was a tiny kitchen aclove in one corner and a pathway that led to two rooms which were probably the bedrooms. There was a wide window with curtains spread to look out onto the sea.

If Cheshire looked at the sofa, he'd see someone was wrapped up in a bundle of blankets and comforters. A high-pitched mumble came from it.

"I'm so sleepy..." it said.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Cheshire was a bit startled to see someone here. Looking around to see if anyone else was here. Cheshire slowly approached the person curled up at the couch. He didn't want to disturb them so he tried to stay silent and simply got closer to get a closer look.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:13 pm

The person who sounded much like Liseran under the sheets began to stir and mumble more, but didn't seem to notice Cheshire as he got closer. Finally, the bundle of sheets turned around as a yawn filled the air and out from the covers came the face of a little girl who looked no older than six to eight. Her black bangs fell lightly over her pale forehead. Despite not having violet hair, she bore a striking resemblance to Liseran. Her eyes opened slowly and looked like a light black color as well, but when one looked closer they were actually a very deep blue.

"Mama?" she said sleepily. One hand from under the covers came out to rub her eyes. She sat up and looked again, her eyes widening as she saw the cat faunus in front of her.

"Stranger!" she yelped. Before Cheshire could react, the girl leapt up and took the broom from behind the sofa and whacked him firmly on the head.

"Go away!" she said as she edged to the sofa's corner. "Go away or I'll tell Mama!"

Last edited by vide1993 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 pm

"Gah! Wait!" Cheshire yelped, raising his arms over his head to shield himself from the assault. "I'm not a bad person! I'm a guest! Calm down!"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:23 pm

The little girl, who happened to be wearing a white dress with puffed sleeves, got down from the sofa still holding the broom firmly as if it were a sword. She looked at Cheshire angrily.

"Mama said nothing about there being guests!" she said as she pointed the tip of the broom towards Cheshire's chest. "I should know because she said it would just be her and me all day today and now Mama's busy in the dungeons! Who are you, meanie!?"

Though she kept an angry face, her lips were trembling and the smallest tears could be seen in her eyes.

"I'll protect home while Mama's away so you better scram!"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:25 pm

"Look, I'm not-" Cheshire started to say but something clicked in his head. "Wait.... Your mama is.... Liseran?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:28 pm

The little girl looked up at Cheshire, her big dark eyes shining in the light of the room. The little girl nodded.

"That's my Mama," the girl said. "She's pretty and has her hair tied in a bow. Her eyes are funny, though, because one eye is blue and the other is green. But she's Mama and I love her. Now, who are you?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Cheshire stared blankly at the girl for some time. He tried to find any sign of her joking. He found none. Cheshire placed his hand on his head and sighed.

"My name is Cheshire Schrodinger," he stated, "I'm.... Liseran's boyfriend...."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:38 pm

"Jessheeeer?" the girl said. She seemed to have problem saying his name, the 'ch' part coming out as a lisp. She tilted her head. "I think Mama mentioned you once...what's a boyfriend?"

She looked at him curiously.

"Why are you here?" she said as she tilted her head up and up to his face. "And why are you so tall? Oh! Are those cat ears? Are you a kitty? Can I touch them?"

She started circling him around, a smile now filling her face.

"You look funny," she said. "You're wearing all black and stuff. Are you a vampire cat? Aren't vampires supposed to be bats? Weird! Say, let me touch your cat ears! Let me!"

She began tugging on coat very sharply and began jumping up and down eagerly.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:48 pm

"Pfft~," Cheshire tried to hold down his laughter as the little girl barraged him with questions. Eyeing the girl amusingly, Cheshire knelt down until he was eye level with her, twitching his ears. "A boyfriend is... well... it's a man who really... really cares about a girl. It's sort of like... the daddy to a mommy." Cheshire gave the little girl a gentle smile. "Well... alright, you can touch my ears... but then I get to 'sok yo blood bleh~!'" Cheshire raised his hands to the side of his face and pointed two fingers down to imitate fangs, sticking the tip of his tongue out playfully to show he was joking.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:57 pm

The little girl giggled loudly as Cheshire made funny gestures.

"No, I don't want to get my blood dwained!" she said still laughing and shaking her head. She then got on the tip of her toes and reached out for his ears. The smile on her face grew wider as she stroked them and then began scratching the area behind it.

"They're soft," she remarked. "So, are you Mama's husband then?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 10:05 pm

"Eh?" Cheshire squeaked. "Uh... well... it's complicated... uh..."

Cheshire averted his glance to the side, a slight pout on his face. "I mean... I would not hate to be married to her... And I guess... one day I will be her husband..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 10:15 pm

The little girl tiled her head a bit.

"That's strange..." she said. She then smiled widely and proceeded to hugging him. "I like you, Chessshhhire! You're funny."

Around the same time, there was a knock on the door and it opened.

"Who's hungry?" A familiar voice came. From the door came Lena with a rolling trolley with food on it.

"Lena!" the girl exclaimed. She rushed over to Lena and hugged her knees tightly "Lena! Lena! Look! Mama has a guest!"

Lena smiled. "Yes, that's Cheshire." Lena looked at Cheshire in turn, sheepishly. "Sorry I had to run out on you like that. I decided to bring you dinner since I didn't really get to mention Bell over here."

"Chesshhhire's going to be Mama's husband someday," Bell told Lena excitedly. "Isn't that nice?"

Lena stifled a small laugh and stroked the girl's head.

"You'll have to excuse her," she told Cheshire. "She's a bit hyper once her nap is done. Anyways, this is Bell. She's staying in Liseran's quarters for a while."

Last edited by vide1993 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 10:17 pm

"I don't mind," Cheshire said as he stood back up. He glanced at Bell then looked at Lena. "So... Liseran has... a daughter?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 12:12 am

Lena looked at Cheshire for a while, her expression unsure and hesitant. Continuing to stroke Bell’s head, her glance shifted sideways.

“Yes,” she said quietly. “Bell is Liseran’s daughter...not that you would’ve known.”

“And Liseran is my Mama!” Bell beamed as she turned to face Cheshire while still hugging Lena.

Lena laughed nervously and looked at the little girl.

“Bell, why don’t you set the table for you and your mommy’s guest?”

“Okay~” Bell smiled as she let go of Lena. She twirled around and then skipped to the tiny kitchen where a table was and began hastily putting place mats.

Once Bell was busy, Lena moved closer to the sofa where Cheshire was. She looked like she was about to say something, but the sound of a beeping scroll came from her pocket.

"Dang it..." she said to herself as she took out it to read a message. And then, looking at Cheshire, “You’re probably confused right now, but I’ll explain things later. I have to meet with some of the other members.”

“Ooh~” Bell’s voice rang from the kitchen. She had opened the fridge and peered out slightly. “Lena! Mama made me raspberry sandwiches! Can I eat them?”

Lena smiled at Bell.

“After dinner,” Lena said. “You might spoil your appetite.”

“Okay!”

Lena gave Cheshire a brief nod and then placed a hand on his shoulder again reassuringly.

“I’ll tell you everything, I swear,” Lena said, her eyes shifting left and right as if she didn't know what to say next. “Oh, I’m sure you can watch over Bell in the meantime right?”

She gave Bell a small wave and then closed the door. Bell was moving over to where Cheshire was and then tried pushing the trolley which apparently was too hard for her to push.

“Come on,” Bell said as she shoved the trolley that was higher than her arms. She turned to Cheshire and smiled sheepishly. “Don’t you worry, Chesshhire! I’ll set up the table like Mama does. Just for you!”
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:29 am

Cheshire was frozen in shock the moment Lena took her eyes off him, his eye twitching, his mouth slightly open. He practically turned into a stone cat.

"Liseran has... a... daughter..." Cheshire murmured. "When did it happen? How did it happen? Who was it with? Wait, she's way too old to be... unless Liseran had that kind of background- no, Liseran is not that kind of girl, but then again she was popularbackthenandprobablymetplentyofmenwhoaremuchmoreattractivethen--"

In his nervousness, Cheshire started mumbling to himself at a more rapid pace. Before he started speaking so fast it was like a fast forward cartoon, he snapped out of his trance by Bell when she said his name and looked up, staring at her briefly before allowing a split second smile.

He stood up and got behind Lena and the trolley. His arms going around Lena from each side, Cheshire gripped the handle of the trolley.

"I'm restless, so I will help you set up for dinner," Cheshire stated plainly.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:04 am

Bell looked back at Cheshire as he helped her push the trolley to the kitchen. She smiled.

"Thank you, Cheshy!" she said, no longer able to recall how to say his name properly. Like as she always spoke, her voice sounded meek but was strangely full of energy.

The trolley was probably light for Cheshire and it was soon next to the table. Bell clumsily moved over to the food tray after taking a small footstool to prop her up and she opened its lid. There was a main platter of what looked like freshly cooked buttered chicken. Two bowls of cream of mushroom soup were on the sides as well as servings of salad. For dessert, there were two raspberry tarts.

Bell hummed as she put down the plates and then sat at her seat across Cheshire.

"Let's eat!" Bell said cheerily. She poked a big piece of chicken and then bit into it greedily before wincing back with her mouth open. "Ouch! Too hot! Too hot!"

She gulped down the glass of juice she had prepared for herself and then sighed in relief. She looked at Cheshire brightly.

"I can't wait for Mama to get back. I love my Mama."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 11:18 am

Cheshire was tempted to ask Bell about her relationship with Liseran but he had a feeling it was better to ask someone else later. Instead he cleanly sliced his chicken and took small bites silently while trying to think of something else to say.

"I love her as well," Cheshire stated if only to keep up conversation. "You're a lot like your... mama, you know."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 11:49 am

Bell looked up at Cheshire and smiled as she took a drumstick and bit into it, some pieces sticking to the edge of her mouth as she beamed at him once again as he spoke.

"How am I like Mama?" she asked curiously.

Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 1:41 pm

"Well..." Cheshire said plainly as he reached over with a napkin and tried to wipe Bell's face, "You're both terrible at hiding your emotions, you're both terrible with strangers, you both are a bunch of crybabies sometimes..." Cheshire paused to allowed that sink in for a moment, fighting the need to smirk. "But... you have the uncanny ability to make people smile... and you both smell like raspberries."

Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Bell let Cheshire wipe her face as she listened patiently to him. Her smile only leaving her for a second when he dabbed at the stains at the very corners of her mouth.

"That sounds like Mama," she said when Cheshire was done. And then, pouting, "Hey, I didn't cry!"

She proceeded to lift up her arm to smell arm and hands. "I smell like chicken, Cheshy."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 2:55 pm

This time, Cheshire couldn't help but chuckle off to the side. "Well, you both have a nice smell then," Cheshire said. He was quick to finish his dinner and was the first to stand up, picking up his plate and utensils. "Is there a sink? I will wash the dishes for you."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:45 pm

"It's right there," Bell smiled as she pointed at the granite counter. "I'd help but Mama is scared I'll break the glass and I'll get cut."

She pushed her plate away and yawned.

"I'm full," she said. "I'm going to wipe the table while you wash."

Bell was quick to work as Cheshire started washing. Around the same time, Cheshire would receive a message on his scroll from Vixen.

I take it you've arrived safely. Were you able to see Liseran? If you can call on updates, I would appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 5:51 pm

I won't be able to see her until midnight Cheshire typed his reply. She already went and entered the dungeon again. I'm waiting in her room for now. There's a girl here named Bell who calls Liseran her mother... I think you can guess a good bit of what I want to know...

Pressing send, Cheshire finished the dishes and looked back at Bell. "Are you too full for your raspberry sandwiches?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Bell beamed and shook her head.

"I love Mama's sandwiches," Bell smiled. "I'll go get them."

Bell skipped to the fridge and took out the sandwiches, already sliced in diagonal cuts and laid down nicely on a plate. She handed them to Cheshire and pointed to the small toaster oven.

"Mama warms them for a minute," she said.

Bell waited patiently at her chair once again, drinking apple juice having to hold it the glass with two hands. She gulped it down greedily and ended up having a circle of juice rim her mouth.

Cheshire's scroll began to ring and once Cheshire would pick it up, he'd hear Vixen on the other end.

What do you mean a girl is calling her 'mother'?

Last edited by vide1993 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Cheshire set the timer right around the time the scroll rang. Reading it, Cheshire quirked an eyebrow and typed his reply.

You don't know? There's a little girl staying in Liseran's room who calls her mama. She sort of looks like Liseran now that I look at her, but she has black hair and a fairly scrawny frame. Her name is Bell. I'll send you a picture.

"Say cheese," Cheshire said quickly, raising his scroll towards Bell and taking a picture with little warning. He attached the picture to the message and pressed send. "Just wanted to take some pictures."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next