RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Empty
PostSubject: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 am

Downtown Vale, 52nd Jump Street, Lion's Mane; Afternoon - 2:03 PM

Twisting around the crowded streets of downtown Vale, Yifioh found herself vaguely interested and almost fixated on a little signpost hovering above a tiny little shop that reeked of floral fragrances, even amongst the salty musk the city streets usually had in store. The flowers displayed outside were potent enough to overpower such a caked in smell, this caught the fox's attention. Breaking away from the crowd, she stepped in front of the shop and noted it's name, uncommon for a shop that specialized in selling flowers. Reaching out with a delicate hand, Yifioh cupped the underside of a red-tinted, blazing orange flower, lightly bringing it up to her nose for a sniff, herself leaning forward to accommodate the flower's inability to stretch without snapping.

She noted that it was a sweet, yet vaguely spicy scent, giving it's relative appearance a good name. The other flowers lined up also seemed rather exotic, some plain, some unknown to her and other .. she sniffed. Others were hidden inside. Letting the flower go, the fox faunus stood back up and gazed into the shop window; eyeing the clerk behind the register. The owner. The proprietor. Blinking, she walked towards the door and pulled it open, walking in. The plethora of scents caused her nose to tingle, but her attention drifted over towards the owner.

"Hello." She would say, plainly. Her blood red irises scanned the interior, though the corner of her eyes always seemed to hold a place for the flower shop owner.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:35 am

Inside, Rowan had his back turned to the door, arranging the flowers in the cooled glass display behind him. Beside him, a shorter rabbit faunus boy with sandy blonde hair was doing the same. "Rick, do it properlly." Rowan said, karate chopping him on the head. "Ow! Fine. Geez, don't hit so hard." The boy answered, rubbing his ears as he started putting the flowers in the vases instead of fiddling with the leaves. "It's fine, you've got a thick skull." Rowan answered, turning as he turned the bell on the door. "Afternoon," He said, once again karate chopping the boy behind him without looking, somehow knowing he had started playing again. "How may I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:04 pm

Yes, she noticed the little faunus whelp, his normally adorable routine and childish nature a boon to any that walked in; human or faunus. Unless of course it was a racist, dirty human; then she'd have no choice but to kick him or her out of the shop, though never in the direction of the flowers, no. Just the door. Tilting her head, Yifioh nodded, looking away from the faunus child she looked up at the person. A person she cared nothing for .. but needed service from. Disgusting.

"Yes, I couldn't help but smell your fine assortment of flora," She would turn her head towards the display outside, watching it before continuing. "I'm going on a date .. what suggestions would you have for me, Mister Flower?" Yifioh would ask, tail gently swishing from side to side, ears twitching.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:27 pm

"A date?" Rowan said, rubbing his chin, his elbow cupped in his other hand. "Well the usual thing to go with is a bouquet of roses." Folding his arms across his chest, he nods to the wide array of roses, colors ranging from whites to reds to blues, in the display by the wall behind to her right. "Red's normally a good color to go with but we have a few you might want more. Also, it's Mr. Garnet but please, call me Rowan." He said, watching her ears twitch, his own twitch almost in response.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:02 am

She nodded, disregarding his suggestion, seeing as she was looking for something more exotic. "I see, do you have anything more rare, exotic? Like the one outside?" Yifioh would ask, pointing towards the red-orange flower that smelled sweet and spicy. Slowly her tail swished, until finally it came to a rest as she waited for the shopkeeper named "Rowan" to answer her.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:08 am

"More exotic, huh?" Rowan said, thinking a bit. A moment later, he turns to the doorway behind him. "Laura, go get me the golden lily mane!" He yelled into the door, a high pitched sing song voice yelling back."On it~." A few minutes later, a black haired wolf faunus girl skips out, a vase with three yellow flowers in it, reaching up to put it on the counter. "Hey you actually got the right one. Good job." Rowan said down to her, smiling as he ruffled the girl's hair, Laura leaning into the rub to get her ears in on the action.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:14 am

Tilting her head, she silently rolled the 'golden lily mane' words off her non-moving tongue, attention going from Rowan to the voice in the back; whom promptly came out carrying a vase with three rather nice looking flowers. Ignoring the ruffling of hair and ears, she stepped forward and lifted one of the flowers to her nose, taking a long, quiet sniff. Closing her eyes she nodded and stepped back. "Tell me about this flower."
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:25 am

"Well you heard it. This is the Golden Lily Mane." He said, keeping his hand on the girl's head, Laura leaning into the ear scratch."It grows in temperate areas, though only in warmer seasons. In room temperature it blooms so you were right on time. We were about to put them in the cooler." He said, pointing a thumb at the glass display behind him. "It's sap is also poisonous so it isn't safe for children. You'll get really bad rashes and upset stomach but as long as you don't injest too much of it, you should just throw it up." Rowan's eyebrow arches quickly, looking down at Laura as she looks back up at him, her eyes gleaming. "I've been reading."
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:34 am

She nodded, a small inconsequential smile following the girl's explanation, not because the little faunus could speak and read; but because the flower seemed just the right amount of exotic to hold her interest. "I see, are these the only ones you have?" She would ask, standing up properly from her flora-sniffing.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:41 am

"Ummmm....." Laura said, her eyes just peeking over the counter to look at the customer with wide eyes. "I'll go check." With that, the girl dashes back inside, disappearing round the corner. Rowan chuckles softly as he watches her go. "She didn't have to." He said to Yiffy. "We have a bouquet in the back. So I take it that these caught our interest?" He asked, nodding at the vase.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:50 am

"Yes." She answered simply, looking down at the faintly luminescent flowers. The fox's tail began swishing left and right, a faint tinge of excitement and maybe happiness showing in the faunus's tail movement. "How much is it?" Yifioh would ask, tilting her head, not really looking at the shop owner. Just the flowers.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 11:11 am

"Well that depends on how many and a few other things." He said, fishing his scroll out of his pocket. A few quick taps and swipes later, Rowan brings up a list of prices, the title on top reading Golden Lily Mane and a list of various quantities below, including colors, combinations with other flowers, included vases or wrapping, and their respective prices. "So, which one of these would you like. I could get one of the rugrats to deliver it for you too."

"Hey!" Rick snapped behind Rowan, "I am so not a rugrat."
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 5:11 pm

"I would like a small bouquet of say .. twelve Lily Manes, alongside four of those red-orange flowers outside on display." Yifioh would begin, giving genuine thought as she crossed her arms and looked around the shop. "If you have any smaller flowers that may accentuate the bouquet further, feel free to add some at your own discretion." The fox faunus would finish, her ears twitching as she noted another voice. Why were there so many children?
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:47 am

"You heard her Rick." Rowan said, patting the boy on the shoulder. "Go get the fire roses outside and follow me." Nodding to Yiffy, he disappears through the doorway, Rick still standing where he was. "They're the red ones outside." Rowan's voice called, unseen from somewhere beyond the door."I knew that!" Quickly, he runs outside and dashes back through the doorway, a basket of red flowers in his hands.

"Well here we have it." Rowan said, a bouquet in his hands and a little girl with brown hair and ram horns following closely behind him, her blue eyes watching Yiffy expectantly. "So, does this work out for you?"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:34 pm

With the activity picking up, Yifioh let her arms fall alongside her waist, the presence of children; faunus children in an environment as safe and clean as this was a little comforting. It didn't show on her face of course, her business here meant to be short and quick, the fox wasn't here to converse and communicate with children or even an adult. Looking at the bouquet, eyes flicking once towards the little ram girl, she nodded, satisfied. "Yes. Now how much will this be, Mister Rowan." She would ask, eager to pay and leave.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:00 am

"For the bouquet alone, that'd be..." Rowan said, trailing off as he did some mental calculations, looking up at the ceiling. "40 Lien." Walking over to the register, he starts pressing a few buttons before he feels a tug on his shirt. Seeing the little ram girl looking up at him, he sighs, smiling. "So, what do you think of the arrangement?"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:10 am

Yifioh nodded, finding her purchase and the price of it a satisfactory end to their transaction. Reaching into her being, that being said the inside of her vest, she pulled out a wallet and flipped it open; what little could be seen revealed a rather plain looking wallet that spoke little of the fox's origins and background, lower-class, middle-class, high-class or otherwise. Swish .. swish. The sound of lien being pulled out, red striped cards, before they were placed on the counter. There was no need for change, or any such amount returned to her.

"I am satisfied with the arrangement." She would finally say, the wallet disappearing behind her vest once more.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 10:24 am

Despite the lack of enthusiasm, the compliment seemed to be enough, the little ram girl smiling widely at Yiffioh, staring up at her with wide eyes. Standing on tip toes, she takes the bouquet from Rowan and walks under the counter and pushes through the little door with her shoulder. Walking over to the customer, she raises the bouquet up to her, arms fully extended as Rowan gave her the receipt, held between two fingers. "Thank you for your patronage, please come again." He said as the ram girl shook the bouquet a bit, anxious for Yiffy to take it. "Good luck with your date."
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Yifioh nodded, reaching over to take the receipt, then her head turned to look down at the little ram. Blinking, she reached over and lightly patted the girl's head before taking the bouquet from her. With her business concluded, the fox lady turned around and pushed open the door leading out into the smelly streets of Vale. Looking down each block once, she turned around the corner and disappeared beyond the store window's view.

These flowers will go nicely with her home. The others .. will need to be diluted.

THREAD END
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]   Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Herbs and Toxicants [Closed Ye Scalliwags :oy]
Page 1 of 1