RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Rory stood still, unable to speak. The gun was right there and the look on Cheshire's face showed that he was willing to die right that minute. What she saw caused something in her she hadn't felt that much: fear. It was only then that Rory realized how much she didn't know. How much she couldn't do. How much fate was going to be messing with her mission to save Liseran. Her head dropped, her eyes unable to look Cheshire in the eye. And she didn't even hear or notice Sylvian.

"Okay," Rory said. "I understand. And I'll respect Liseran's wish for tonight."

With that she closed the door in front of Cheshire and turned on the faucets to get the water really loud. After that she sat by the door crying.

Liseran appreciated Sylvian's concern and she sat down while leading Lucina back to the table to see it was pretty empty.

"Where did everyone go?" Liseran asked. She knew Aeden was outside but she wondered why he hadn't come back yet. Was he upset with her?

She and Lucina sat down to enjoy some more.

"So," Liseran smiled. "Lucina, I never really got to talk to you before. I'm glad you came all the same. Aeden's a wonderful guy, isn't he?"

Last edited by vide1993 on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:53 pm

As Lucina is led back to the table she looks about the empty but still exquisite room. She looks around and shrugs. She says, "oh Aeden, he's wonderful, just don't give him too much alcohol or he'll get a bit crazy. Otherwise he's perfect. Nice, caring, everything a girl could want."Lucina could go on for hours but decided not to. To keep the conversation rolling she decided it would be best to ask a question. "So Liseran, Aeden's never told me how he met you? I want to know how he met the best hostess ever?"She giggles and smiles, impressed with herself at what she said.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Cheshire lowered the gun. He breathed in slowly then his hand disappeared in a puff of smoke before appearing back again, this time without his gun. It was then that Sylvian confronted Cheshire that the faunus took notice of her.

"... No," Cheshire said indefinitely, "Liseran won't die. I swear on my life she won't.... We were just having a little discussion. You know how protective family can get right? Sometimes things just go out of control. Remind me to wear full body armor if her three mothers decide to sit me down for a talk... Rory is going to be in there for a while, sorry. I'll wait here for her and call you back when she's done, alright?"

Cheshire glanced at the doorway briefly, his heightened hearing catching the sound of something that left a bad taste in his mouth. He realized he probably went too far with the little girl. For now all he could do was wait for her and make sure she has the time alone she needs.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Liseran smiled widely.

"You can't really mean that, can you? After all, it's just a simple dinner..." she smiled. "And yeah, sounds like Aeden alright. We met at Cheshire's vehicle store before. Got bikes at the same time. In fact, you could say he gave me and Cheshire a little push to where we are now."

Liseran cut a slice of cake and placed it in front of Lucina.

"Try it," Liseran said. "And tell me what you think."

It was at the same time that her Sight activated again. She was absent for a while and the split second seemed like an entire day to Liseran. The events had changed once more. She know once the Crossroad of her semblance took place, as long people took certain actions, the entire future changed. She needed to change it back. After the vision, she muttered to herself. No...not now...please not now...

She forced a smile at Lucina and pushed the cake closer to her.

"Go on," she beamed.

Rory eventually finished up in the bathroom, surprised to see Cheshire was still there. She looked at him with blank eyes. The alcohol had drowned out a bit but she felt like she wasn't really where she was. She was floating above her head. She looked at Cheshire and smiled brightly. In the distance, she could smell Aeden's scent mixing with alcohol outside the house.

"I'm going to get Aeden," she smiled with the same enthusiasm she had at the beginning of the night.
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:19 pm

"Rory! You stay here!" She shouted. "Explain to me! Right here! Right now!!" Sylvian points her finger at Chesire, while trying to hold back her emotion. "You two sounded like you are the one gonna be responsible for her death! Tell me what is going to happen to my friend, or I will make you spurt it out with my fist...!" She clenches her fully-armored fist, ready to throw it at Chesire at anytime. "And I mean it...!"
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:27 pm

Lucina noticed the piece of cake placed in front of her. She took a bite and almost fainted from the amount of flavor and taste in the one small piece of cake. She said, "This is truly one of the best cakes I've ever tasted, did you make this?" She looked at Liseran in high beliefs she was a really good baker. She looked down at her ring and said, "Ah, Aeden's bike, Phantom was it? He never really told me much how he got his hands on it, just something about a shop, some stuff happened, end of story." She looked at Liseran as she took another bite of cake and said, "You should do this more often, your truly a wonderful hostess."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:09 am

Miles away in the Dormirse Household, things escalated. Zan's patience was wearing thin. No one knew where Liseran had gone and there was no trace in the things in her room. His only option now was to threaten killing Mistress Stay. Liseran was definitely going to get a vision of that. So, in the middle of the round room of the household, the women had been tied up, unable to use their dust and Mistress Stay was in the middle, Zan pointing a gun to her head.

"Her semblance activates randomly," Mistress Stay reasoned. "You can't possibly think she'll foresee this, can you?"

Zan smiled crookedly. He twirled the gun a bit in his hand and then pressed it against Mistress Stay's left eye.

"Oh, she'll come alright," Zan said. "You can bet your life on it."

Liseran smiled sheepishly.

"You're overreacting," Liseran smiled. "Besides, I had the help of my godmothers, so you can't give me all the credit. But it makes me happy to see you're enjoying yourself. You're at Beacon, too, right? That means we could always meet up and hang together."

Liseran was calm as she talked but her mind was racing. She needed to move, soon. She stood up from the table and smiled at Lucina.

"I'm really happy we got to meet," Liseran said. "Anyways, I better fetch the others. I can't believe they're missing out on the cake."

She was lying, of course, because from the hallway, she could see everything. Cheshire and Sylvian were by the bathroom. Rory was heading out to see Aeden but had been stopped by Sylvian. Her godmothers had eaten in the tea room and retired for the night. Liseran took the small corridor in order not to be seen by anyone and she came to a coat rack lowly placed on the wall. It wasn't a misplacement, but something else. She twisted it and it revealed to be the doorknob of a partition in the wall. She entered.

She had everything ready since she had the first vision two weeks ago. When she and Aeden had raced. Her combat clothes were hanging by the closet  door and she had stocked up on her Dust.  She also had a letter ready just in case she had to leave more abruptly than she planned.

In a satchel she had picked a bit of food, her boat ticket and some other things. She took out a silver orb from one of the pockets. She had snatched it from the security items of the Vale Archives in hopes it would come in handy. Now it would.

She dressed into her combat outfit, the silver Dormirse seal sparkling in the moonlight. She then recalled the envelope Rory had given her. It had been from her father. But Liseran wasn't going to read it now. As she got ready, her ring suddenly caught her attention. The ring Cheshire had given. I'm so sorry, Lacie... Liseran tried to call out to her. I have to do this in order to protect him.

Warm tears fell down her eyes. Though it had been only a month, she had never been happier. Beacon Academy, her friends, her godmothers, Rory, Cheshire...

"At least something good happened," she smiled. "And I'll cherish it always. All...these happy memories..."

She stopped herself from crying any further and opened the window. Rae-rae was by the garage, all ready for a drive. Our last drive... she thought. As she moved towards it, she clicked on a button on the silver orb and tied a cloth around her face. The smoke will fill a 25 m radius and knock out everyone within 15 seconds. she learned from classes.

She tossed it into the window as purple smoke filled the air. She got onto Rae-rae and revved the engine.

Goodbye everyone... she said. Thank you for everything.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 6:04 pm

Aeden was leaning against the door to Lise's home drinking from the champagne bottle, his flask long ago empty, when the smoke hit him. The effects were immediate and were only exacerbated by the alcohol. He manage to stand up and move away to the fresh air but he knew he had already inhaled enough. The sound of an engine caught his ears and he headed towards it knowing nothing good was happening. He stumbled around but finally managed to make it to the other side of the house where he saw Lise on Rae-Rae. Aeden continued to make his way toward Lise but his legs finally gave out making him fall to a knee. Move dammit! Aeden's vision began to haze and the outer edges of his view grew black. He struggled all he could trying to move but knew he would go no further. Using what little strength he had left, he took a deep breath. "LISE! Don't go! I'll be damned if I have to see another friend get hurt and not be able to do anything!" Aeden's other knee, no longer able to support his weight, gives out as well and he falls to his face. As he tries to cling onto what little conciousness he has left, his eyes remain dead set on Lise waiting for her response.
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Sylvian, irritated by Chesier's silence, violently grabs his collar and pushes him against the wall. "Tell me, damnit! Why does she have to die?!" As Rory didn't hear her and ran away, and Chesire decided to shut his mouth, Sylvian finds herself lost and helpless. She realizes that she doesn't know a single thing about Liseran, not at all.

Sylvian slowly lets go of Chesire, and turns herself away. The incoming purple smoke catches her eyes by suprise. It comes from behind too. They are trapped. "This way!" Sylvian breaks the male toilet's door in front of her and rushes in, hoping to escape in time. But the smoke quickly fills the entire area before she even reaches the window. "Damn it!" She breaks herself out of the resident, but it's too late. She took in a small breath of the smoke, and everything is now starting to go blur. "Must... not..." Sylvian collapses, as the smoke has already covered the entire Dormirse Household.

Last edited by Rajaah on Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:28 pm

"What in the..." Cheshire mumbled as the smoke surrounded them. He fingers claw at the walls as he struggled to stay standing. His hand is clasped over his mouth and nose trying not to inhale any more but his vision starts to blur already and his mind slowly becomes muddled. "I have to.... I have to concentrate...."

I'm outside... I'm outside this house... standing on the grass... the house behind me... in the open...

Cheshire visualizes the outside of the house in his mind, putting himself into a state of mind where he truly believes that's where he is. He would usually be able to do this much faster but his mind is clouded and he had to muster his strength just to keep his thoughts relatively straight.

Suddenly his image flickers and he teleports outside. Cheshire fell his hands and knees, his breathing heavy. Though he managed to teleport it was already too lat and he was slowly losing consciousness. It was then that he looked up and saw Liseran sitting on Rae Rae a few meters away. His eyes widen and he tried to reach out to her, his hand shaking as he struggled to stay awake.

"Liseran...." Cheshire groaned, "Liseran.... don't...."

Then the world disappeared as Cheshire collapsed. As the faunus hit the ground, something fell from his coat pocket. The white gold pocket watch hit the ground on its switch, the lid popping open revealing the polished face of the clock on one side and a picture of Liseran on the other.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:54 pm

As Rory tried to dart Sylvian's questions and ran to find Aeden, the scent filled her nose before anyone else's. No! she thought. It...it can't be happening now! But it was. Instead of aiming for the back door, she charged to the front where Cheshire had just teleported but the smoke was too quick. Her head spun and she fell to the floor just seconds after Cheshire did.

She fell to her side just gazing out as Liseran left. Tears welled up in her eyes and she wasn't sure if it was because of the smoke or the fact she had failed.

Her eyes caught hold of the full moon glowing over the vast lake. It's reflection glowed on the still waters. To Rory's side, Cheshire's pocket watch was opened to the time 7:45 pm, the two hands looking like a frown on its face.

So that's what it meant... the last waking bits of her mind said. Uncle, I'm so sorry...I'm sorry I couldn't save her...
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:05 pm

Lucina began to look at a clock on the wall and sighed saying to herself, "Wow, I'm bored with nobody around..."She looks around and finishes off her piece of cake. She cuts herself another and place it on her plate. She notices an awkward faint smoke entering the room. She stares silently at the smoke and begins to inhale it. She begins to get woozy and rests her head on the table. She picks it up to fall back down again losing consciousness faceplanting in her cake. "W-what the hell...is this..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Minutes later Liseran was at the docks where a man in a uniform was waiting for her. There was a small ferry setting off and she had come just in time for the ride. She got off Rae-rae and stroked it gently, one last time.

"We've had some great times," she told the Raven. She turned to the man in the uniform and presented him with a ticket, lien and a paper. "Please bring the vehicle to this address. It's important as it has a parcel with it."

"Of course, Ma'am," he said. "I honestly didn't think you'd show up this early."

"Things change," Liseran said. "Things change."

With that, she headed onto the small ferry, the only passenger save for the captain.

"Rory!" a muffled voice came to the faunus' ears. "Rory, wake up!"

Rory's eyes opened to a blur that soon turned into Flora's face. She crunched her own face a bit to focus more and things were suddenly bright. She was sitting in one of the armchairs and Flora was next to her. On the other chairs and sofa were Aeden, Cheshire, Lucina and Sylvian, all still knocked out.

"What...what happened?" Rory murmured, but then her memory came back to her. "The gas! There was gas! And Liseran!"

"Liseran's missing," Faun interrupted as she came in. She was holding the phone. "There's no sign of her anywhere and not a trace as to where she's gone."

Merriweather came in, too.

"We woke up a little while after the gas stopped to find you all unconscious," Merriweather said. "But let's try getting everyone up so we can discuss what to do."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:58 pm

At the sound of people talking Aeden's eyes begin to open. At first they open gently as if awoken by a beam of light coming into his bedroom after a goodnight's sleep but suddenly the shoot open with a shocked looked on his face. "Lise! Don't go!" Aeden tries to jump out of chair but quickly falls to the floor as his legs have yet to recover. He lifts himself back up as looks around.  He notices the others that are still sleeping along with Rory and Lise's godmothers. He quickly turns his head looking around the rest of the room but fails to find Lise. He hangs his head, fists tightened. "She left didn't she? She left and we couldn't stop her, we couldn't even talk to her." Aeden tries to pick himself up, his legs shaking under his own weight. He uses the chair to keep himself up as he scowls. "I'm going to go look for her. I'm not going to let my friend walk toward her death."
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:10 pm

"No needed...!" Sylvian says, as she walks unsteadily due to the smoke's effect. "It's already too late, and we have no more time to lose. Rory, tell me where she's heading, I'll find out a way..." She breathes heavily, and tries to recall what just happened. She saw Liseran on a vehicle before passing out, and she tried to call out for her but unable to. That expression on Liseran's face was of the one who has decided to face her destiny, alone. And no way in hell Sylvian would ever accept that.

A loud sound is coming from above, then landed Sylvian's rocket locker. It opens by itself when it regconizes the signal from Sylvian's Stroll, and drops out a bunch of valves filled with black and light-blue Dust, along with her weapon, the Impala Gracia. "If you guys decide not to tell me what happen, I'll find it out on my own..." Sylvian puts on her full armor set, then unleashes her aura to wear off the smoke's effect. She walks toward Rory, grabs her shoulders with a tight grip and looks deep into her eyes. "Just tell me what Liseran is up to, please Rory, do me this favor!!"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:39 pm

Rory looked at the two gravely.

"Everything's complicated," she told Sylvian. "But I'll give you the main details. Some time ago, Liseran's father passed away and he left me a note for her to have. I never read it but he told me she was going to be in danger. While moving here to study at Signal and looked for her, I came by Aeden and we showed up here. Liseran was on a mission at that time. A woman showed up and told us that Liseran was going to die. That Liseran's semblance, seeing the future, was going to give her the chance to change it but she was aiming for one where she died. She also said Cheshire..."

Rory turned to the unconscious faunus, hesitant.

"Would be the reason, but now I'm not sure. Aeden mentioned that Liseran had a vision of her family in danger so I assume she's headed to the real Dormirse household. The one in the Vale Archives. It's four hours from here. But we can't go yet. Not until we're certain for sure. Sylvian, I want to get going now too, but if we don't know what we're headed into, we'll only endanger her further."
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:10 am

"That's enough! She' my friend, and she's in danger, that's all I need to know!" Sylvian open her Stroll and check for the Vale Archives' location. "Too far from here, damnit, we might not catch her up in time, unless... Mrs. Merriweather! Is there any thick rope or cable? I need them to make use of this thing." She changes her Impala Gracia into boomerang form and looks up into the night sky, trying to find the right direction to the Vale Archives.

Merriweather them brings out some pretty thick long ropes and gives them to Sylvian. "Thanks Mrs. Merriweather, I promise I will bring Liseran back at all cost." Sylvian checks the ropes' durability, they're all in pretty good shape. She binds all of them into one big rope, then ties one end to her gigantic boomerang, and the other end to herself. "I learned this trick from you, Vega, and now I'm using this to save my other friend..." At that moment, they realize Sylvian's attempt: She is gonna throw herself with that boomerang to catch up with Liseran.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:22 am

Before Sylvian could throw herself, Rory grabbed onto Sylvian's wrist and yanked her against the tree stump. Rory held her rifle, Fusilier's barrel to her neck.

"Don't move," Rory said firmly. "Do you have any idea what you're up against?"

Rory's eyes were blue but they suddenly turned gray as she gazed out into the far open.

"We lost Liseran by hours," Rory said bluntly. "Even if you're stupid boomerang was fast enough, you don't know what you're up against. The Vale Archives has thirty meter walls of dust-infused stone. It's heavily guarded with traps, Grimm and the Dormirse themselves. You have to go through miles of sea before you can get ashore. I admire your urgency, but you're not going like this."

Rory's eyes turned blue again.

"She went on a ferry," Rory stated. "But she reached land ages ago. Calm down and think before you screw this up for us."

It was the sharpest words Rory had probably ever said, but she knew what she was doing. She kept Fusilier against Sylvian's neck.

"I'm not afraid of doing the extremes for Liseran," Rory said. "You better know it."
Back to top Go down
Rajaah

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 2:57 am

Sylvian shocked and froze for a whole minute, then slowly calmed down. She turns away Rory's rifle, and pets on Rory's head. "Sorry, I was in the middle of losing it. Thanks for stopping me, Rory."

Then she put down the rope and opens the Scroll again. "She has been gone for hours, as if we can catch up with her by normal means. Even with my boomerang, it's only me who can reach her the soonest."

And that's way too reckless, she already knew it. She gives a good glance to the boys. "Rory, or you men have any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:12 am

"I have one," a soft, husky voice said in the distance.

As if out of nowhere, a magenta cape came from the slope of the cliff and appeared. It blew in the wind and revealed the familiar fox-masked woman with her cream skin and her rose madder chiton. Rory's eyes widened and then glared. She pointed Fusilier at the woman.

"What do you want, Vixen!?" Rory said.

But the woman was not affected by this.

"No time for drama," Vixen said calmly. "There's still time to catch up to her. If you need a boat, I have one."

"Any time, now, Mistress," Zan threatened as the gun's barrel pressed harder against Head Mistress Stay's head.

"It's not for me to choose!" Mistress Stay said.

Zan yawned, but stopped midway. He heard footsteps, light ones, but they were there, he was sure.Though he was definitely not of faunus heritage, Zan's nose filled with the familiar scent of his childhood. The smell of raspberries. It penetrated through the large stone walls, the thick mahogany door and past the smell of gunpowder. He smiled as the Dormirse seal on the door glowed and caused it to open. A young woman stood at the door, two bells clutched tightly in her hands.

"Welcome home," Zan said. "I've been waiting for you."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:35 am

"Bull spit!" Despite the gas's effects Aeden drew his weapon and pointed it at Vixen. The gas's effects had almost worn off and Aeden was able to aim at Vixen with only a slight handicap. "This entire time all you've done is make things more confusing. Nothing you told us helped! In the end Lise is still gone heading off to her own death. Now tell my why the hell should we believe any thing you tell us now? How do we know you aren't setting up some kind of ambush for us, trying to make sure we don't help Lise." Aeden took a few steps forward toward Vixen helping her see how clear the anger in his face was. "Why do you keep interferring? What benefit do you get from this?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:46 am

Vixen sighed.

"For someone so desperate to help Liseran," Vixen said. "You really don't know when to just make things easy and do what you're told. But if you insist..."

Vixen's hands came to her hood and she put it down. Golden blonde hair shone in the moonlight along with her silvery fox mask. Her hands, one of them already very close to decaying, came to it and she slowly undid the ribbon behind. The mask fell off.

Liseran's likeness showed in the face in front of them, one eye green and the other blue. There were lined wrinkles underneath them, but it was hardly noticeable in the dark.

"I'm Liseran's grandmother," Vixen said slowly. "I've been having visions of her, though a month ago I didn't know who she was. I accidentally triggered her leaving the Dormirse Household and now this is happening. I want you to stop what I cannot. Happy now?"

Liseran's face was a stone mask. She walked up slowly to where Zan stood. Zan's gun left Misterss Stay's eye, but still hovered near her head.

"You look confused," Zan smirked as Liseran drew closer. "Don't even recognize your future husband?"

"You're no husband of mine," Liseran spat. "Let them go, or I will kill you."

Zan grinned, not at all threatened by the remark.

"Is that so?" He snapped his fingers and the armored men drew closer with their swords and guns. "What makes you think you can?"

Liseran's right hand went up to her ribbon and she let her hair down. Just at the same time, her bells moved into a figure eight. "Binder!" she cried. The Dormirse seal appeared on different columns of the wall and the men were driven back, dropping their weapons. She changed Weeping Cerinthe into daggers.

"I can," she said.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 4:12 am

Aeden's hand shook as he tried to make his decision. His eyes locked on Vixen's face and he was unable to deny the resemblance. His hand dropped unable to bring himself to point a weapon toward someone who looked so similar to Lise. "Fine. I would ask you how you caused her to leave but now's not the time." Aeden turned and faced Rory. "We need to wake the others. If people are going to go we need to have them up and ready to go. Leave Lucina to me. I don't want her to go, its too dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 am

"You don't need to bother with that," Cheshire murmured in his seat. His eyes were closed and he had remained silent the whole time, but at some point his posture had straightened and his arms were crossed. Cheshire was listening silently, awake long before the others. He had been sitting there and thinking to himself while listening to the others. "I'm going by myself. Rather, I'd prefer if none of you accompany me."

Cheshire slowly rose, opening his eyes to look upon the group. "None of you seem to trust me," Cheshire stated, "Don't take my neutrality this evening to heart. I could tell none of you trust me, none of you want me here. By the way your muscles tense, the looks in your ears, your manner of tone that just sound beyond forced..."

Cheshire walked towards the door and exited for a brief moment going to his Bandersnatch. When he returned, his tuxedo jacket was gone and he wore his usual long coat, Baskerville slung over his back in its holster, Helsinger crossed over it.

"If none of you trust me and persist and remaining hostile towards me then it may compromise the mission," Cheshire stated as he slowly walked back in, his expression blank and emotionless like a faceless mask, "If that is the case I'd rather storm the place myself then risk any of you getting in my way. Now where is this boat...?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 11:24 am

"Hold on a minute," a cold voice said.

As everyone looked, it had been Rory who had spoken. Fusilier was pointed right at Cheshire. There was an absence in her eyes but it wasn't like when had gotten drunk. The absence there now was hollow and forced. Rory's eyes kept it's focus on the target.

"You said it yourself, we don't trust you," Rory said. "So why on Remnant would I let you go alone?"

And then, somehow, the absence in Rory's eyes were replaced with something breaking. It was too much. She couldn't keep her act anymore. She couldn't pretend to be strong. Her blue eyes filled with water as she tightened the grip on her gun though she had no intention of shooting.

"That's different now," Rory said. "I can't take this alone in my own hands. For tonight I can trust you if it means bringing Liseran home. I'll work with you as closely as I would with Aeden and Sylvian. But just so you know..."

Rory's eyes turned blank again for a bit.

"If I see you hurt her..." Rory said. "If I see you hurt a single strand on her head, I will kill you myself."

Rory put down her gun and wiped her eyes, already tearing up. She looked at Cheshire and smiled sincerely for once.

"Let's bring Liseran home," Rory said.

"Are we done with this?" Vixen said. "Though I know very well how you relate to all this, Cheshire, the future can change with your presence. It's time you know how you're going to be the cause of her death and how you cannot be: take Liseran's place. You swore your life to her, that I know, and I need to tell you that either you or Liseran is going to die. Liseran didn't want that so she ran off to get herself killed before any of you could be the wiser."

Vixen picked up her fox mask and slowly tied it on again.

"I'm sorry to tell you that," she said. "Now, my boat's already at the docks. Everyone should finalize things before we head off. I think one last person's still sleeping?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 11:37 am

As the woman named Vixen spoke, Cheshire looked at Rory, his eyes narrowed and serious. "If that is the case, then when the time comes... I will show you my resolve once again."

Cheshire made a finger gun with his hand and pointed it to his head. "Let me tell you something I only told Liseran," Cheshire murmured, "The reason I became a hunter... was because suicide is pathetic. For a long time, I was ready to die on the field and I hoped to with every battle. You threatening me with some gun would have meant nothing to me before. It was Liseran who gave me a true will to live. Without her, I have no reason to keep that will. Do you understand..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 11:53 am

Rory nodded silently.

"I understand," Rory said.

Vixen sighed.

"The only reason I turned the suspicion onto you..." she said. "Was so that I could try to stop this event all together. A foolish attempt to have none of you die. I'm afraid it is not so. I admire your bravery, young man. And your love for Liseran much more. It'd be...a shame...if you left her side..."

Weeping Cerinthe's silver blades stabbed through Zan's chest, but Zan was smiling. His hand came on Liseran's, clasping it gently.

"You've forgotten my semblance, haven't you?" he smiled crookedly. As Liseran looked, her whole hand went through his torso and Zan sort of passed by her in an intangible state. He moved behind her, swiftly clasping her waist in one arm while the gun pointed at Mistress Stay.

"You're going to do what I say," Zan said. "Or I'm going to shoot Mistress Stay and kill everyone one by one."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]   Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ringing the Dinner Bell [Closed]
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next