RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[ODEN] Harsh weather

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

[ODEN] Harsh weather Empty
PostSubject: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 pm

The forest was freezing, as four teenage children walked along, exhausted. The teenagers in question were Evan Griffiths, Daisy Dunkelman, Natasha Dunkelman and Orion North. They had trekked all this way on the orders of some crazy teacher who decided it would be a good idea to send them out into the freezing cold and let them try to survive. Their objective was to find their way to an unspecified objective using a map on their scrolls.

Evan led the way, with the other three people walking behind. He carried a large backpack on his shoulders, full of survival equipment for the team. The other team members were carrying things too. It was beginning to get dark, so Evan stopped walking, and planted a pole he had been using to help him walk in the rough terrain into the ground. "We'll set up camp here, then continue on our journey tomorrow." He said, taking the backpack off his back. "Orion, Nat, scout the perimeter. Daisy, help me set up the tent." he ordered his comrades.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Queso

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 8:59 am

Unlike the others Daisy had focused mainly on lightness, she, instead of a large backpack, had a smaller school grade rucksack, mainly used for things like books and stationary, she had cut out things she deemed unnecessary like repeated items and things she would not need. Daisy was also wearing her light skin tight combat suit, this coupled with the light backpack meant that she was really light and wasn't getting tired as the others, she felt intelligent at first then she realised why it was called the Snowy Forest, it was freezing, especially due to the time of year. The freezing weather and a skin tight combat suit did not add well together and Daisy was freezing cold. Daisy was walking behind Evan when he said that they were setting up camp Daisy was glad, she then listened to Evan's next order and dropped her rucksack to the floor, walked over to him and began to help him with the tent.
Back to top Go down
Jiles

Jiles

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:14 am

Natasha was getting exhausted from the walking, she had packed survival gear in her military style backpack and then also packed her weapon attachments in her school bag, these added up to be very heavy but at least she wasn't cold, she had worn two coats to keep warm, Nat looked at Daisy as she shivered and felt sorry for her. When Evan gave the orders, she turned to Orion and was about to say something to him as he stopped her with his own speech, she was going to ask him which way he wanted to go but got the answer from him. Nat then looked at Daisy and Evan. Why did she get the easy job, has he got a crush on my sister? Wait did I just say sister, well we are both only children and related, we are pretty much sisters, yeah. Nat then looked at Daisy again and noticed that she was shaking with cold, Nat walked over to her and wrapped one of her own coats over Daisy's shoulders, as she did it she said to her "There you go sis, you looked cold." Nat then turned back to Orion, un-holstered Sulacco, turned it to bat form, exposed the bullet spikes then retracted them again. She then began to walk anticlockwise relative to where Orion was facing and turned Sulacco back to rifle form.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:33 am

Evan watched the other two walk off. He decided to clarify the reason he kept Daisy behind, in case she got the wrong idea. "I kept you here because if you found anything, it would be difficult for you to signal to us. Because you can't call us." He explained, hoping the other two could handle themselves. He took the various pieces out of the backpack, and the instructions. He laid all the pieces out, and started fitting them together, giving Daisy instructions too.

Orion continued walking, finding no more creatures than a couple of small animals. Natasha, however, was confronted by a pack of Beowulves rather soon into her scout.
Back to top Go down
Queso

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:45 pm

Daisy shivered as she walked over to Evan, the sudden lack of walking had caused her to cool down and get even colder, she thought to herself as she walked: At least when we have set up camp we can light a fire. Daisy was happily surprised when Nat gave her one of her coats, she then felt kind of awkward when Nat called her "sis", Daisy wasn't sure how to react to it, but she thought to herself: Well we treat each other like sisters and she's the only family I have in the entire world, we may aswell be sisters. daisy began to smile from the warmth of the coat and the fact that she now had someone she could call "sis", the only other sibling she ever had was Tom, but he was dead. Daisy began to smile, she went over to Evan to help him with the tent. When Evan said what he said Daisy agreed with him, she hadn't realised it yet but she couldn't call out to her team when in trouble. Daisy admired Evan's team leading skills, he had taken charge of the trip, given orders and had just solved a problem that Daisy herself didn't even notice, Daisy realised why Evan had been put into the leader role, he was a good leader. Daisy then looked down at the instructions and began to help Evan with the tent.

When the tent was finally finished Daisy stood up straight, placed her hands on her hips and a look of pride spread across her face, the tent was finally up, with no problems, it was perfect. Daisy turned to see Orion walking out of the woods and towards her, she noted that he had an annoyed look on his face. Daisy was glad that he was ok and uninjured, but Daisy looked around to try and see Nat but couldn't see her anywhere. Daisy's look of pride was wiped from her face and replaced with a look of worry, she then signed to Orion "Where's Nat? My sister, is she ok?"
Back to top Go down
Jiles

Jiles

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:18 pm

Nat was scouting the perimeter of the clearing when she managed to find another clearing, she walked into the open and scanned the area, she saw nothing but as she turned back she saw two... four... sixteen red eyes watching her from the darkness of the woods, she shouted out "LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!" Before firing a few bursts of her rifle into the surrounding woods, thinking she had killed a few she then transformed Sulacco into bat from rifle form, she then exposed the bullet spikes and blinked towards the beowolves, one charged towards her so she turned and swung her bat down, aiming for it's head, when Sulacco was perpendicular to her she pulled the trigger on the bat, firing all 30 hollow point rounds out of the bat, the sound was deafening and the recoil nearly ripped her arm off but it sure was powerful. I hope my team heard that, if they didn't then I'm going to kill them when I get back.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:32 pm

Evan had just finished the tent, and crawled inside when Orion arrived back. Orion started to walk to where Natasha was, and Evan was going to leave him to it when he heard gunfire. "Daisy, that was Natasha. Let's go." He said, coming out of the tent and running in the direction of the gunfire.

The Beowulf Natasha aimed at was hit by the bullets and it's head exploded messily. Another then leaped at the girl, slashing at her as it went. Several others also closed in, surrounding her.
Back to top Go down
Queso

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:45 pm

Daisy began to panic as she realised Orion didn't know where Nat was, when Orion began to walk towards the woods Daisy thought of following him but when she heard gunfire she was about to sprint when she heard Evan give the command, she did go, she ran as fast as possible, activated her semblance so her reaction time was increased and drew Spartan and Orion. Daisy didn't notice as the trees brushed past her face and the undergrowth scratched her legs, she just wanted to get to Nat as soon as possible and save her.
Back to top Go down
Jiles

Jiles

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Nat smirked as the bullet explosion from the bat destroyed the beowolf's head, Nat then looked up as she wiped blood from her sleeve to see the beowolves surround her, she then shouted "COME ON, WHO'S FIRST?" But her question was answered as she caught sight of a black streak in the corner of her eye, she tried to turn and fire but realised she had no rounds left, she looked down to her pocket and fumbled trying to get a new magazine out but it was too late, the beowolf's swipe hit her, it hit her along her shoulder, continuing down her arm and then reaching across to her abdomen. Nat collapsed to the floor in a heap, dropping Sulacco and clutching her abdomen. SHe looked up as the beowolf loomed over her, waiting for the inevitable to happen.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Evan heard Natasha shout at the wolves, and turned slightly to go towards the sound. He heard the snarl of a Beowulf, and sprinted straight ahead, taking his trident off his back. He attacked one of the wolves from behind, impaling it. This left him in the centre of the circle of Beowulves. He picked up Natasha, slung her over his shoulder and began to break away. "Daisy! Orion! Cover me!" He shouted.

The Beowulves took chase after Evan, and were gaining fast, and Evan couldn't run as fast as he was carrying Natasha.
Back to top Go down
Queso

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Daisy broke into the clearing just in time to see Evan pick up Nat and carry her out of the pack, Daisy noticed Nat was hanging limply and was covered in blood. Daisy began to panic and worry for Nat. Daisy soon snapped out of it when she saw that Evan and Nat were being chased by beowolves, Daisy aimed her weapons but realised that she might hit Evan and Nat if she used ranged weaponry so she charged towards the beowolves and transformed Spartan and Orion into knuckle duster form, she proceeded to swing a few hits at random beowolves, mainly trying to draw their attention rather than kill them.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Evan sprinted as fast as he could away from the Grimm, not for his own sake, but for Natasha. "You two! Fall back, but keep fighting. I can't outrun them without you guys!" He hated having to put his friends in danger, but they were capable of taking care of themselves. A lone Beowulf split off from the main pack, which were distracted by Orion and Daisy, and sprinted after Evan. He had no chance of outrunning it, so he knew he had to kill it. He pulled the trident off his back, with his one free hand, the other holding Natasha over his shoulder. It wasn't intended for one-handed use, so he had difficulty bringing it round to bear. By the time he had readied it, the wolf was practically on top of him. He used the creature's momentum against it, and it impaled itself on the trident. Unfortunately, it jolted Evan, causing him to drop Natasha into the snow, staining it red. The Beowulf thrashed around on the end of the spear, and managed to land a hit on Evan's head, knocking him away and stunning him. His head was swimming as he tried to stand up. He was devastated at what he saw. Daisy and Orion were both battling hard, under Evan's orders. Evan had taken the coward's route, taking the injured girl and running, leaving them to fight the creatures. And even then, Evan now lay on the frozen ground, while the girl he had tried to save lay bleeding out on the ground near to him. A Beowulf stood between him and Natasha, and he had dropped his weapon, which now lay in the snow, again blocked by the wolf. I'm an atrocious leader. I commanded my team mates to fight against the Beowulves, while I escaped with the girl. I took the coward's path. I should have stayed to fight, but instead I ran. And I even failed at that. Now I'm going to lie here while my friend's die, and then die myself... He thought to himself. He then realised they were his friends. They weren't just people any more. He had spent two weeks getting to know them. He couldn't let them die here. He stood up, and threw himself at the Beowulf that was about to finish Natasha off. He made contact, but it merely turned it's attention towards him. It swiped, and he rolled under it's arm. He grabbed his weapon, transforming it into it's gun form, and fired it into the Beowulf. Once he was sure it was dead, he ran over to Natasha and slung her over his shoulder, placing his weapon back on his back beforehand. Then he began to run again. His head was still pounding from the hit he had taken, and he touched the side of his head, noticing it was bleeding quite heavily.

The other wolves continued to attack Daisy and Orion, and Daisy's attacks made contact, knocking one down but not killing it.
Back to top Go down
Queso

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Daisy was mid way through a punch when she turned and saw Nat on the floor and Evan get hit by a beowulf, she was about to help when she was distracted again by beowulves, she swung her fist at the immediate beowulf to her, half way through the wing she pulled Spartan's trigger and the massive recoil from the .50 round propelled her hand forward, almost pulling it out of it's socket. She then looked back towards Evan and saw that he was back up and running with Nat. Daisy then turned back to her targets, she saw Orion get surrounded by the remaining targets, she didn't know what to do, she couldn't shoot or she might hit orion and she couldn't get close to the mosh pit of monsters. Daisy then remembered her semblance, she activated it and ran to the creatures crowding her team mate, she ducked and dived under and around their swipes, as she dodged she swung pistol propelled punches at her enemies, trying to crush their skulls or break their ribs. Daisy continued weaving a dance of death through the monsters before she noticed Nat's rifle on the ground where she had dropped it, it lay in a pool of Nat's blood. Daisy holstered Orion and then picked up Sulacco in bat form, she found the magazine Nat had been fumbling with earlier and inserted it into the side of the weapon with a satisfying *click.* Daisy was surprised when 30 hollow point 5.56 rounds popped out of the weapon, it looked like a medieval mace. Daisy turned back to her enemies with her temporary replacement for Orion and continued her attacks, aiming to crush bones with Spartan and pierce flesh with Sulacco.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 5:48 am

Evan finally reached the tent, where he put Natasha down. He saw how badly she was bleeding, and pulled his backpack out of the tent. He fumbled around inside for a while before pulling out some bandages. He quickly wound them around Natasha where she was injured, hoping she would live. He had a determined expression on his face the whole time. If Natasha didn't survive, it would be Evan's fault. He couldn't bear that weight upon his shoulders. When he had finished bandaging her up, he put her in a sleeping bag inside the tent to keep her warm. Then he ran back out to help his team mates.

Both of Orion's kunai hit the Beowulves, killing them. One of the stones missed. One had enough energy to pass straight through the Beowulf, entering it's eye and going through it's skull, killing it. The other hit another wolf, but only injured it. Daisy managed to kill another, leaving only two left, one unconscious and the other injured. The injured one realised it was going to die, and began to flee.
Back to top Go down
Queso

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 6:42 am

Daisy turned back to see the destruction they had had caused, one was knocked out and another was limping away, Daisy now had a clear shot, she transformed Spartan to pistol form and fired explosive rounds, trying to get the beowulf before it fled, she couldn't let any of these monsters live, not after what they did to Nat, she looked over to the unconscious one and began walking to it, as she walked she loaded a new magazine into Spartan, when she was next to it she knelt down, pointed Spartan into it's face and pulled the trigger. Daisy looked back up to see Orion standing in the clearing but then remembered that Nat and Evan had gone back to the camp and quickly sprinted back to the camp through the woods. Daisy finally reached the camp and saw Evan putting Nat in the tent, Daisy rushed over to Nat's side and knelt down beside her, tears flowed from her eyes as she gripped Nat's hand. Daisy did something she had not done in five years, she spoke. She said quietly through her sobs which were now audible: "Don't die on me sis, I love you, more than anything else in the world." Daisy then leant down and gave Nat a quick kiss on the lips.
Back to top Go down
Jiles

Jiles

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 7:10 am

Nat opened her eyes to find herself in the tent, she looked around and saw Daisy rushing to her, she looked at her bandages across her stomach, they had stopped some of the bleeding but the claws had ripped through a few major arteries and veins, she knew she was going to die. When Daisy Spoke and kissed her Nat smiled, she reached her free hand up and ran it through Daisy's hair, she spoke softly and said: "Don't cry, don't be sad. Everyone's gotta die sometime, it's inevitable. I love you too sis but will you do one thing for me? Will you... Will you be strong for me?" Nat clasped Daisy's hand tight before she closed her eyes for the final time and her grip on Daisy's hand loosened.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 7:34 am

As soon as Evan got out of the tent, he saw Daisy running his way. He followed her into the tent, and found her crying. He heard Daisy talk, which surprised him, but he didn't say anything. He didn't want to interrupt her. When he saw Natasha close her eyes, he knew it was the end. He felt terrible. It was all his fault. He should have gone out himself, instead of leaving her to go. He wanted to say something, but was afraid of upsetting Daisy further. Eventually he knelt down next to her, and hugged her. Then he realised he was still bleeding himself. He grabbed a bandage and wrapped it round his head, tying it tight. Then he left the tent, to give Daisy some time alone, and went to find Orion.

Daisy's shot hit the fleeing creature, killing it.
Back to top Go down
Queso

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:12 am

Daisy's eyes widened with shock when Nat died, she couldn't believe it, her family was all dead when she arrived at Beacon but then she had found Nat, her cousin, the only living member of her family left and she was happy, she was so close to her they were like sisters, they even called each other sisters but what she had built up was now destroyed, now Nat was dead too, she was alone in the world, no family, no friends. Daisy was unphased by Evan's hug and continued crying, when Evan had walked off to find Orion Daisy continued sitting by Nat's corpse, holding her cold hand and crying. After a while Daisy glanced down at her holster it still had Spartan in it, Daisy slowly reached down and un-holstered it, she checked there was ammunition in it then cocked it and pointed it at her own head, she sat crying and contemplating whether to pull the trigger or not.
Back to top Go down
evilparsnips

evilparsnips

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Evan found Orion stood where the battle had taken place. When he heard Orion's question he suddenly became very angry. He blamed himself for Natasha's death, and now he had to break the news to Orion. But, before he could answer, he saw Orion's legs give way. As Orion fell into the snow, Evan ran over to him, and slung him over his shoulder, the same way he had carried Natasha. He carried him back to the camp, and set him down inside the tent. Then he saw Daisy had a gun to her head. "If you do that, you will be abandoning your team. She said she wanted you to be strong. She would be disappointed in you if you did that now." he told her. He didn't want his team to suffer another loss. He stood waiting for how Daisy would respond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ODEN] Harsh weather   [ODEN] Harsh weather Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ODEN] Harsh weather
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next