RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CLUES of the Past [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 3:41 am

Liseran is a bit surprised to see the small scene, but she otherwise understands their worries.

"Hello, Ms. Scarlet, Ms. White," Liseran says. Good morning just wasn't something people would say and want to hear at the moment. "I hope you've slept well. It look was like you're having a sort of...problem...here, though. Any way I can help?"

Of course, this wasn't really the thing Liseran wanted to do, but if it could help her warm up to Ms. White, then she'd be willing to. She then remembers something from her old books. It was a tried and true solution back then.

"This may sound strange and I won't guarantee it will work," Liseran said. "But do you have any silver spoons?"

Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 11:47 am

"Silver spoons?" Ms. White asked quizzically, "I think we have some in the utensil drawer..."

Ms. White retrieves some silver spoons from a nearby drawer and holds it up to Liseran.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Liseran nods and takes it.

"Thank you," she said. "Anyways, in the olden times, a tried and true method of seeing if things were poisoned was to use silver utensils with food. The poisons would cause the spoon to darken. If you use them and they don't, they're bound to be safe. I can't say the same about poisons today, but it will exclude most, especially the relatively heavy ones."

Liseran moves over to the flour with the spoon, though she's pretty sure poisoned flour would be rare. She also sniffs the flour to see if it smells strange.

"Ms. White, sometimes people will poison stuff like tomatoes and fruits right before meals by injecting them," Liseran then added. "It could help to take note of their weight. If it feels heavier or something."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 6:59 pm

"Amazing Liseran," Ms. White exclaimed in awe, "Does it really work?"

"You still have that poisoned soup from yesterday?" Scarlet asked.

After digging around the fridge, Ms. White pulls out a soup container labeled "danger, poisoned" and set it on the table. "I kept this for evidence," Ms. White explained. She stirred a silver spoon into the soup and looked at it. The silver had darken to her amazement.

"It really works!" Scarlet squealed.

"You're a life safer Liseran!," Ms. White yelled throwing her arms around the huntress.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:12 pm

"Oh come on," Liseran said scratching her head. "But anyways, just to be extra safe, perhaps we should stick to factory prepared foods for now. Canned stuff. Are you alright with that? At least we know they can't be tampered with at most."

Liseran searches the cabinets and turns back to the ladies, a bit disappointed at what she's found.

"Is anyone up for peaches and cream for breakfast?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:03 pm

"I suppose that would have to do," Ms. White mumbled scratching her head. "Thank you so much Liseran. And after everything that's happened too. Have the men found anything else?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Liseran ponders on how much to tell them and decides to take Lacie's advice. She shakes her head to Ms. White.

"I'm afraid not much," Liseran said. "But we have moved Mr. Body...errr...I mean they've moved Mr. Body to somewhere more appropriate."

She pauses for a while and then turns back to Ms. White with an apologetic look on her face.

"This must be hard for all of you," she said. "You said you've worked quite some time for Mr. Body, haven't you? I can't imagine how it must feel for this happen."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Ms. White started looking saddened. "I admit it's hard when a person you knew for so long die. It really is saddening. It really makes you think you know? I can't help but recall old memories like some aging biddy.."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Liseran feels her heart ache for Ms. White and she seats her down.

"We're doing the best we can to find out who did this," Liseran said trying to comfort her. And then, hearing Ms. White's remark, "Old memories, huh? Any fond ones in particular?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:34 pm

"Let me think," Ms. White said placing a finger against her chin in thought, "There was this one time I found out we were kindred spirits. It excited me seeing someone else with my semblance." Ms. White's entire body suddenly glowed like a nightlight. "I can create light by will. It's not really useful in combat though. Of course I saw it by accident from Mr. Body. I saw him roaming the halls at night once trying to find the bathroom in the dark. All of a sudden he flashed like a night light and found his way to the john. But his eyes were so tired that his own light was blinding him and he ran right into a wall twice!" Ms. White giggled. "It was so hilarious I could barely hold myself."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Liseran smiles as she listens but the back of her head is whirring. An illuminating semblance... she thinks to herself to note it down. It wasn't a semblance that would help someone escape a room without anyone seeing.

"That must've drawn you closer to your employer," Liseran states as she nods. "It sounds like a pretty unique semblance, too. Did he use it often?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:28 pm

"Actually no," Ms. White stated, "I've only seen him use it once or twice strange."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:46 am

Liseran nods and thinks about it. It's still not what she's looking for. She needs something that will help her identify whether or not the corpse really is Mr. Body. She turns to Scarlet.

"How about you, Scarlet?" Liseran said. "I hope it's not prying, but I'm just curious how you're acquainted with Mr. Body as well."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:18 am

"He's an acquaintance of my father, that's all," Scarlet stated, "He was really nice to let me stay here even though he barely knew me..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:45 am

Liseran nodded.

"Mr. Body must have been a very generous man," Liseran says. She turns back to Ms. White, not yet giving up on trying to find something identifying of Mr. Body. "I'm sure he was as unique as men could get."

"Anything else in particular you know about him?" she asked the ex-maid. "Like the way he carried himself, mannerisms, birth marks, hobbies?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:00 pm

"What? Uh...," Ms. White thought hard about this for a moment, "Not anything that I could think of... He was always very tidy I guess. A never saw him without his hair gelled up."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:12 pm

Liseran nods and takes note of this, though it wouldn't help much with identifying. This person had been in his sleeping clothes and gelling his hair would be out of the question. Deciding she's spent enough time here, she sighs and stands up from the chair.

"If you'll excuse me, I should go around a bit more," Liseran said. "Just to make sure everything's safe. Dr. Green and the others have retired for the moment so I have to keep an eye out. I hope you ladies enjoy your breakfast."

Liseran leaves after this and thinks on where to go next. She hasn't really searched much of the first floor and the next person she could really talk to is General Mustard. At least she learned something about Mr. Body's semblance. But like Ms. White said, he rarely used it. It also excluded Ms. White from her theory.

I wonder if I'll find anything in Mr. Body's study... she thinks. I can search there while I wait for Generlal Mustard.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 pm

Entering the study, Liseran sees General Mustard rummaging through Mr. Body's desk.

"There's got to be a floor plan of the manor some where around here...," Mustard grumbles, "A diagram, a diary, something..."

Despite his tired state, Mustard appears extremely fixed on solving the case.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:42 pm

"Hello, General Mustard," Liseran said. "You look like you're searching for something. Did anything specific come to mind?"

She then recalls Lacie giving her a layout of the manor. She takes it out.

"I have a sketch of the manor's main rooms, if you want," she offers.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:52 pm

"Any ten year old can draw up the main rooms," Mustard grumbles, "What I want is a full floor plan. Secret doors, between the walls passages, a hole in the roof, something..." Mustard slouches back against the chair with a tired sigh. "I'm sorry. I must be going bonkers. I helped the guy build the place myself. There's no secret passages or any hoo-ha like that..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Liseran is a bit sad the map will be of no help, but she thinks about his last statement.

"You helped Mr. Body build the manor?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:18 pm

"Old history," Mustard sighed, "After the war when Mr. Body made it big he let me help him direct the construction of this entire place. I know every inch of this place... Ah, well except for the break room. Mr. Body insisted on letting him take care of that one. He wanted it to be a safe room for just in case situations so the walls are reinforced. That's why there's no windows."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 8:47 pm

Liseran nods.

"If you want," Liseran offers. "What do you say we check it now? I'm not sure if there's anything there, but it's better than not searching at all. I'd just like to make a quick scan of the things here before we do."

I need to find more clues... Liseran says, stumped once more.

She decides to join General Mustard by the desk and checks the papers. She also checks the shelves and the floor. Is there anything? she thought.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 9:20 pm

In her blind search, Liseran manages to find something that catches her eye. It appeared to be a list of contact numbers. Though most of the names were nothing to Liseran, she manages to identify one of the names as a famous faunus politician. Mr. Body appears to have deep connections with the faunus community.

"I suppose the break room is as good as anyplace to start searching," Mustard states as he gets up, "Alright, let's begin our search there."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 9:57 pm

"Of course, General," Liseran says as she mentally remembers the name of the faunus politician.

She's a bit disappointed for not having found anything else of use, but she hopes for the best in the Break Room.

Why did Mr. Body handle the break room by himself? Is there something he didn't others to know?
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:03 pm

Liseran and Mustard entered the break room together to continue their investigation. Inside the break room they see Mr. Plum and Dr. Green awake and stretching. Soon after, Ms. White and Scarlet entered the break room with platters of breakfast for the group.

General Mustard was about to help himself to a pancake when the door suddenly shut on its own and a thick metal plate slides over it, completely blocking the way.

Everyone turns to look at the only and now blocked door in astonishment. Mustard quickly pulls out his monkey wrench and charges at the door at full swing. He slams his weapon against the metal and his hand literally rattled upon impact.

"What the bloody hell??" Mustard yelled, "What is this??"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:56 pm

Liseran's hands instinctively came to Weeping Cerinthe.

"Everyone stay together," she directed. She went up to General Mustard and feels the metal plate. "General you can't break through this."

Liseran actually wanted to send a fire spell to it, but she knew it wouldn't work and that she'd set the room on fire. She felt the edges of the plate, but there was no way to crank it open. She fixed her glasses.

"General Mustard, you said so yourself there's no windows in this room, right?" she asked. Her hands were shaking, but she kept her grip firm on her two bells. "Because if so then we're stuck, alright. And it definitely isn't an accident."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CLUES of the Past [closed]   CLUES of the Past [closed] - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CLUES of the Past [closed]
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next