RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter Harrowing

Hunter Harrowing

Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]   Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:07 pm

It was clear and sunny, Kai can be seen sitting down in an old oaken stump observing the skies as if there were no problems at all, simply letting the gentle breeze pass by him as the time ticks to noon. He still had time before the Initiation starts and he had to put up his best performance if that was the case. Training wasn't bad and where else would be best to train than the Emerald Forest, a place where the Grimm roams freely without restrains whatsoever and of course to look for their latest prey.

As another breeze pass by him, carrying a few leaves along with it, he raised his hand revealing his Azukari Tenraichi with its Dust Beads, glimmering under the sun as he caught a single leaf and with a smile, he gently placed the leaf onto his lips, using it as a whistle as he was thought during his younger years. A simple whistle echoed throughout the area around him and in a few seconds, the ground started to shake. Its coming.

Bursting from the ground was a golden stinger and in a few seconds, the ground collapsed revealing a Death Stalker standing mighty with its claws and gigantic size. It didn't hesitated one moment, the Death Stalker raised its back as its stinger went flying towards Kai. A simple grin came to his face as he jumped away from the wooden stump, letting the Deathstalker's stinger completely destroy the poor wooden stump into smithereens.

Landing a few meters back, Kai retained his grin as he found his training exercise for the day. Dashing forward with blinding speed with the wind aiding him, he quickly drew out his Azukari Ashichi and swung it in front of the Death Stalker's armored face, flinching the Grimm as he struck its fangs before jumping forward, dodging its terrifying claws as it attempted to crush him. One wrong step it he knew it would be the end of his career.

Landing on top of the Death Stalker itself, it retaliated with its stinger in attempt to pierce him. A sound of bell was heard for a second when Kai jumped to the right while at the same time, another Kai jumped to the left in attempt to dodge the stinger. The Death Stalker wasn't enraged enough to pierce itself by accident but either way, he was enjoying the fight so far.

The Death Stalker was smart enough to step back, giving itself a field of vision enough to see two of them at once and with that, it lunged forward but using it's tail, it spun around, smashing a few trees and rocks along the way with it's stinger alone as well as successfully destroying his clone in the attack. Looking around, the Death Stalker saw Kai a few meters away once more.

Kai stood there, with his Azukari Ashichi lowered to his side. The Death Stalker rushed forward towards him, it's pincers and stinger ready for the kill. Sadly, Kai was also ready. Another sound of bell echoed for a second as Azukari Ashichi eerily glowed red and despite their distance, Kai swung his sword horizontally in the air as a large blade appeared from thin air and swung horizontally, replicating Kai's action and in the process, cutting off the Death Stalker's stinger and disappearing once more. Kai wasn't surprised at all to see the Death Stalker stunned. Taking this moment, Kai rushed forward and leaped once more on the Death Stalker's back as it flailed it's pincers wildly. Regardless, Kai jumped once more into the air as he sheathed Azukari Ashichi and raised his sleeves, revealing Azukari Tenraichi with eleven Dust Beads remaining.

In mid-air, he pulled back his arm as one of his Dust Bead broke and released a bell-like echo, his entire fist surrounded by a red glow. As he plummeted downwards straight towards the Death Stalker, he quickly sent his fist forward in the air as a large red phantom fist manifested just a few inches above the Death Stalker and in mere seconds, the phantom fist lowered upon the Death Stalker with great force, forcing the Death Stalker itself into the ground, enough to make a small ditch. It wasn't enough and with another bell-like echo, another fist manifested and sent the Death Stalker deeper into the ground.

Landing safely on top of the Death Stalker, its armor cracked and it's pincers buried in the ground. He could visibly see the Death Stalker struggling to escape but with another bell-like echo, he pulled back his arm once more and knelt, sending a powerful pound on top of the Death Stalker directly in conjunction of another red phantom fist pounding and killing the Death Stalker once and for all as a small dust cloud gathered around them.

As the small dust cloud disappeared with the wind, Kai walked away from the Grimm's corpse visibly buried with most of it's part already blown off from the pressure. All with a grin.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]   Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Vega leaned on a nearby tree and managed to see most of the fight. With a slight smile on his face he started to clap lightly. "Well that was certainly interesting." Vega walked over to the stranger still keeping an eye on what remained of the deathstalker. "I can honestly say in my three years at Beacon, I have yet to see a person pulverize a deathstalker into mush."
Back to top Go down
Hunter Harrowing

Hunter Harrowing

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]   Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Kai's grin disappeared as he caught a glimpse of a man leaning on a tree, he had black hair and a glasses and seems to be spectating him for quite a while now. He wasn't really happy about that but nonetheless, he finished his training without any distraction so perhaps it was good to actually just see him now otherwise, he'll have to keep his eyes from the suspicious guy in the midst of battle.

Kai lowered his sleeve, hiding his Azukari Tenraichi as he approached the man, keeping a safe distance away from him. A smile appeared in his face as he simply waved at him. "Hey, what brings you here?" He started as he stopped a few meters away from him. "and thanks." He added as he lowered his hand, waiting for his reply.

It was still sunny and he lost track of time during that fight, but regardless, at least things are starting to become interesting.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]   Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:56 pm

Vega's smile quickly faded back into the usual stoic look Vega commonly had. "Research." Vega broke eye contact with the stranger and walked over toward the deathstalker peering into the grave that it was now in. "You see I study arthropods and was looking for a deathstalker but it appears that I was a little late. I do however appreciate a good show, at least this trip wasn't a total waste." Vega quickly turns and faces the man before him. As he pushes up his glasses the same slight smile finds its way across his face. Vega approaches the man but remains a good enough distance to not invade his space. "Oh how rude of me I haven't introduced myself." Vega extends his hand out toward the man. "I am Vega Anansi 3rd year at Beacon Academy. A pleasure to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Hunter Harrowing

Hunter Harrowing

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]   Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:14 pm

The man who introduced himself as Vega extended his hand towards him as a sign of trust, well he might as well accept it knowing he wasn't attacked while he was busy. Studying arthropods seems to be his habit but less to say, he should have known he was looking at a Grimm, it may have looked like a scorpion but that's a completely different thing. Regardless, he stepped forward and shook his hand before stepping back.

"Name is Kai, first year and still waiting for my Initiation in Beacon... and sorry for that." He replied scratching his head as he smiled at Vega who quickly took a peek at the Death Stalker's corpse. He was a bit curious though, researching these kinds of things but of course, he has something up his sleeves for doing such thing.

"So are you planning to be a professor in Beacon in the future? Maybe that's why you're doing these kinds of research. Though I doubt you're not the type who would stand from afar and observe, no offense." He added as he looked at the sky before going back to Vega.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]   Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:47 pm

"No not a professor that sort of life doesn't really appeal to me." Vega fixed his tie as it often helped him think. "No I plan to be a researcher. There are so many things arthropods could teach us from exoskeletons to anti-venoms. I want to unlock all these secrets. I am merely at this academy because I am good at hunting and it helps pay for my expenses although hunting Grimm is something still relatively new to me." Vega returns his attention to the deathstalker corpse. "Today's goal was to note the differences between a deathstalker, who easily resembles scorpions, and scorpions themselves. I have a friend who has a lot of experience with scorpions whom I wanted to share my findings with."
Back to top Go down
Hunter Harrowing

Hunter Harrowing

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]   Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Kai simply nodded, it was hard to lure out a Death Stalker but he was sure there are more ways to actually call them out in an open rather than entering a dark cave and getting stuck and worst, die. It was good that this man has a goal but as such, all researches eventually come to an end until a new specie come up and then it will come back in line for more research. "Oh okay... Well, that's good to see but I'm sorry if I destroyed the Death Stalker, not sure if there is any other way you can gather information with the corpse but if you would like, I can help you find one." He replied, obviously embarrassed to meet someone who studies something and yourself would destroy it.

He started walking away if he Vega decided to look for one, heading towards the nearest mountain or cliff where one might able to find a cave which if lucky, a Death Stalker resides. Either way, he waited for his answer once more but his curiosity for Vega was good, he wanted to know more about these kinds of Grimms. Any kind of information would be helpful for future confrontations.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]   Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Vega brought out a notebook an began furiously taking notes as he observed the deathstalker. He only paused momentarily to look over at Kai. "One second Kai there are many things this deathstalker can still teach me." Vega returned to his work occasionally looking at his watch or moving a part of the deathstalker to get a better look. "Finished." Vega made is way over to Kai pocketing the notebook along the way. "If you wouldn't mind accompanying me I would appreciate the help. These deathstalkers favor caves but I've heard rumors of them working together with Beowolves openly carrying them on their backs through forests although that is likely some student's shock induced delusion."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]   Forgotten But Not Gone [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forgotten But Not Gone [Open]
Page 1 of 1