RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Timelinin' 'n Stuff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

Timelinin' 'n Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Timelinin' 'n Stuff   Timelinin' 'n Stuff Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 3:08 am

Work in progress, of course. Feel free to point out missing events.

Global Timeline:
- Official Events
- Sub-Plots/'Other' Events
- Major Sub-Plots
- Shipping

Undetermined:
- Who Is Bench ((RIP Bench 1))
- Breaking Bench ((RIP Bench 2))
- The Second Arrival
- Leave Me Alone ((Shemlyn Sinks))
- Practice Matches
- Carters Cuts Meat Shop ((RIP Carter's Cuts))

Visual (Missing some minor things):

Last edited by Kaliot on Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Timelinin' 'n Stuff   Timelinin' 'n Stuff Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 6:24 am

Rather than the thread itself, maybe a brief explanation? This mainly helps newer players and they probably wouldn't read all the few hundred thousand posts.

Also, if we're at the stage that a timeline helps, we might wanna start a wiki.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Timelinin' 'n Stuff   Timelinin' 'n Stuff Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Rip Carters cuts
*salutes wreckage*
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Timelinin' 'n Stuff   Timelinin' 'n Stuff Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:38 pm

I'm pretty sure the club is under reconstruction.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Timelinin' 'n Stuff   Timelinin' 'n Stuff Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:07 am

Leave Me Alone ((Shemlyn Sinks))
Expedition to Autunno Keep Day 0 - The Journey to Autunno
Expedition to Autunno Keep Day 1 - Hard Landing ((Leola Sinks))

I disagree with this. I think there is probably a month or 2 between Leave Me Alone. Otherwise you screw up Nigrum's timeline.

That is one example of why it's annoying to keep track of a global timeline. There are too many threads going on to keep track of. You could have a general idea of the timeline for your character and that's really about it. Because I personally would have put some stuff in a different order.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: Re: Timelinin' 'n Stuff   Timelinin' 'n Stuff Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 1:25 am

Most of the threads are self-explanatory, though I guess I could write some brief things for the more ambiguous ones at some point. Also, I don't think we're at the stage where a timeline is necessary/much help.

In theory, Leave Me Alone could fit anywhere between the club's destruction and a few days before 2nd Initiation however long a time that is. I actually have no idea how much time there is between the end of the 1st and 2nd Initiation so I assumed roughly a month. It could be 2 months and nobody would ever know, and making it so would allow more things to fit in. It was also my mistake to block Leave Me Alone with Autunno so my apologies for that. I have moved it to Undetermined for the time being.

The timeline was more of a personal endeavor than anything else. I like to organize things like this as best as possible. I didn't mean for the timeline to be something "official" or act as a strict guideline but rather as some kind of overview to get the general idea of this world's events. I did my best to be as accurate as possible for as many characters as possible, but even perfect accuracy won't fix some of the time anomalies which are inevitable when you forum RP like this unless there is some strict chronological rules with regards to threads/posts.

I would like to see your different order for comparison, though. If I got something else wrong, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Timelinin' 'n Stuff   Timelinin' 'n Stuff Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:54 am

Initiation 2 would happen a few days after the breakup of Shem and Kaytlyn because 3rd Team SNTS then left the cages at the temple which took place after the breakup.

You're welcome to create the timeline. It's just gonna be a super difficult task to make one that is highly accurate. Some people might not even agree on when some of the threads happen between each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Timelinin' 'n Stuff   Timelinin' 'n Stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Timelinin' 'n Stuff
Page 1 of 1