RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Empty
PostSubject: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Amaya had been the first one back to her team's new dorm room after the closing ceremony for the fifth initiation had come to an end. She had wanted to be the first one back, desperate to put at least a little distance between herself and her team. Throughout the initiation, she had been growing more anxious by the minute as she realized that she was going to be sharing a room with 3 other people for the duration of her stay at Beacon.

It seemed that her peaceful, quiet, and solitary life was going to be taking a very sharp turn. This certainly wasn't something that the snake Faunus had been prepared for, and certainly wasn't something she was happy with. Her nerves had been frayed just standing among the masses of students as the new wave of teams had been officially recognized.

"I couldn't even stand talking with a few people for a simple conversation..." She sighed softly as she continued to walk. Other students were already starting to mill about as they found their dorm rooms, but they were all from other teams. She had left her own team in the dust, having to blend into the crowd as best she could with a barrel protruding from her back that was a good two or three feet taller than most of the other students.

The Faunus girl tried to look on the bright side, she could always find a quiet corner of the library to turn into her little hiding space. She was rather fond of that idea, a chair by a sunny window and a book or two in her hand as she worked on the schematics for improving her rifle's systems. Or perhaps the rooftops, being able to bake under the sun warming the shingles of the roof.

Still, as she thought of that she realized that all those would be were small moments. They would serve only as momentary escapes to solitude before having to dive back into being surrounded by people again.

'I'll never be able to be completely alone again...' She thought in distress.

Finally, she had found the room number that had been assigned as her team's dorm room. She unlocked it and stepped foot inside, noting the bare bones furnishings in only a passing glance as she unslung her rifle from her shoulder, setting it to rest against the post of one of the bunk bed frames before sitting down on the edge of the bottom bunk and letting her head rest in her hands.

"Why... Why couldn't I just do this alone?" Amaya thought, completely downtrodden by something she hadn't even been able to prepare herself for mentally.
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:41 am

'F... Faunus...'

Matt lagged behind the rush toward collecting luggage, a feeling of dread quickly overcoming him after keeping composure as best as he could on stage. His green eyes seemed fixated on the ground as he walked the halls toward the dormitory. Ozpin seemed to be not only the headmaster, but quite the prankster. Team Karma... Of all names, Karma! His mind raced back to his first day-- he was 100% positive, somewhere, 'TRAGIC PAST WITH FAUNUS' was written, underlined, and in red ink for administration, or whoever, to know that tails and ears gave him the creeps on one of those forums! Nearly zombie-like in the aftermath, Matt's luggage occasionally rustled as he slowly moved with the flow, trying to save himself from the current nightmare.

'Keep. Calm. Grandpa did say, "You will have to face your fears." -- I didn't think I would LITERALLY have to face fear for four years...'

He sighed. At least there was-

Stopping, the Human looked around, giving a few blinks before rubbing his eyes a moment. No large barrels sticking out from a mile away to be seen in the sea of people waiting right now... Strange. Matt would visibly frown in thought, recalling the events after the ceremony. He couldn't even remember catching a glimpse of her afterward. Someone really, really wanted first dibs that badly... Then again, he himself was guilty of not traveling with his team. Maybe they all had rushed toward the dorm, and he was going to be stuck with whatever was unclaimed.

A slight pang of fear-- sleeping arrangements...

Matt would rub his forehead, shaking his head as he suppressed the thought. This was a team-- his place for four years. Eventually he was going to have to face the music with how enrollment looked for the Fifth Class... Squeezing in on the next elevator up, his eyes would trace the various buttons as he pulled himself together. The last thing he wanted was to look fear struck and unfriendly. A lot of Faunus had expressed their dislike of humans vocally-- he didn't want to give off any bad impressions to his two comrades, nor make an ass of himself to his partner for thinking less of them as people. They were people... just... scary...- PING!

Popping out of his thoughts, his floor was reached, seeing crowds already traversing, conversing, and shuffling into their respective rooms. He'd carefully move along the other Beacon students, offering smiles and upbeat "Congrats!" to those he recognized or came to him for their new found teams as he made his way to his new home. The sight of the door cracked made his throat dry as his Scroll notified him of reaching his destination, biting his lip a moment before giving a knock at the door and entering inside, calling a friendly "Hello!".

So far, two empty bunks... As he entered the room, it was apparent he'd be second to arrive at Team KRMA's new residence at Beacon, spotting the rifle leaning against the bedframe before the familiar pink-haired female. He'd roll his luggage inside, stepping in and letting the door come to a slightly cracked open possition. The noise difference between the hallway and inside was apparent, feet echoing across the floor as he smiled at Amaya sitting on a bed-- a cool feeling of relief as he met back up with his partner from Initiation.

"You got here first just to claim bottom bunk?!" A little laugh came from him, seeing Amaya's head buried between her hands. "I would have grabbed the top bunk if I were in your shoes." He'd roll his luggage out from the doorway and into the corner closest to Amaya's rifle. Green eyes scanned the nearly empty room... No chance in hell he was taking a bed on the other side. To be safe, he'd grab one of the cardboard boxes stacked on top of his suitcase, sliding it on the top bunk where Amaya sat in claim; if she was sleeping there, he'd get his territory claimed while it was still fresh. On his luggage, the white, thin box labeled 'Schnee Dust Company' sat on top of his stuff, Matt seeming oblivious to leaving it out as he'd peer down to his partner.

"You okay?"
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:01 am

Amaya was painfully aware of every footstep that emanated from just outside the room of what she would have to call her new home. It was a constant endless thudding that was the only thing to break the blissful silence that had come to exist in the room, but what had started as an annoyance had become almost rhythmic and relaxing for her. At least, that was until one set of footprints grew louder than the others, followed by the turn of the door knob.

'Guess this couldn't last forever...' The girl thought with a small sigh. It seemed that it was time for her peaceful solitude to come to an end, as it would stay for the next four years. She observed who the first person to invade her life was as he walked through the door, her blue eyes watching his every step through her fingers and hair. It had been the human, one of the people to invade her privacy in the library, and the very first person she had encountered in the forest.

Which, by the rules of Beacon, made him her partner for the next four years. Worst of all, he seemed to have some sort of fear or dislike of Faunus. It had been apparent in the library, and it had been painfully obvious in the forest. 'And he doesn't even know what I am...' She reminded herself, her scales being mostly hidden by her clothes except the patches on her neck.

As if suddenly remembering them, she self consciously raised a hand to cover the side of her neck that was most exposed to Matt. Amaya knew that her hair would cover them, but part of her was still nervous about it.

'Of all the people I could have run in to on that forest...'

She listened to his little quip about her choice of beds, but found herself only able to force a weak laugh in return. She really didn't know what to say to that, after all she had only wanted to sit down on the nearest bed to her and simply prepare herself for what she now knew was coming.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She lied weakly, although to be fair it wasn't really any different from her normal tone of voice so perhaps it wouldn't seem so out of place. Of course, that couldn't possibly be any farther from the truth. After all, on top of everything that had just happened, now she would be sharing a bunk bed with someone who harbored some kind of negative feelings towards what she was.

"What about you?" Amaya asked almost too quickly, as if trying to change the subject from herself before he had any sort of a chance to ask another question. "What do you think about the team we have now?"
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:44 am

Visibly tensing up a little, Matt reached up and adjusted his beanie a little, his green eyes briefly looking away a moment. 'Right to the point,' he thought to himself-- had it been that obvious in his reactions during Initiation? I mean... on a complete technicality Amaya wasn't his first seen person upon landing. He was positive that he ran and hid well enough though to not have been caught, though. His attention would cut quickly back though, an off-canter nervous laugh sounding from him as his hand brushed the back of his neck.

"It's uh- g-good!" He managed to choke out, his cool expression leaving him for a moment as his mind thought back to the official count: two Faunas. He sighed a bit, voice returning to normal as he continued. "I think we'd be a good team... Looking at weapons alone, we had two close range and two long ranged options. I guess we have some equal footing... Plus," His mind raced back, recalling the obvious tail and ears of his two members making a pit of fear open in his stomach a moment before he'd suppress that thought, "The two Faunas seem to be pretty strong." He'd smile at the end, a slight amount of courage needed to get that out, but not awkward enough to look fake...

'Now to just do this for another four years...'

Matt paused a second, the white box catching his peripheral vision on top of his luggage; he should probably take care of that... Turning his back, Matt would walk to his corner where his luggage sat, creating a little space for Amaya. His mind would wonder a bit, reflecting on the pink-haired human-- she seemed tense and uncomfortable whenever spoken too, the nervous wavering in her voice at times and the way she'd seem to reserve herself was a growing thought. Opening the cardboard box, Matt would speak, hoping that at least not having to face each other would make her ease up a bit. "How about you?"

His head would turn slightly toward the direction of the bed, slipping the white, glass filled box inside the cardboard one carefully. He wouldn't make any eye contact though, trying something out to at least make sure she'd be comfortable. Remembering her talk endlessly about her rifle in the library, he'd switch to what he assumed would be a comfortable topic: long distance combat. "Another marksman on the field for us must be cool, right? A second set of eyes on the battlefield?"

With the Schnee-labeled box now out of sight, Matt continued to fiddle around with his stuff, making himself look busy as he experimented with the idea of space for Amaya. If his inkling about personal bubbles or eye contact was correct, the human would at least make a conscious effort to make sure she felt welcomed and comfortable by making some space for her to be at ease. He'd unpack some random knickknacks; a half-used bottle of Sriracha in a bag, a few notebooks with 'Signal' labeled on them... Digging around, he made it look like he was searching for something buried within the box, but was all ears for their conversation.
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 9:31 am

'I wonder if my discomfort is as obvious as that...' Amaya found herself wondering, feeling almost a stab of pity for Matt. It seemed they had both found themselves in situations they didn't want to deal with, but neither of them had much choice or say in the matter anymore.

The Faunus certainly wasn't oblivious to the distance that Matt was putting between them, but something about the way he was still talking to her confused her. She couldn't tell if he was trying to put distance between them because of some sort of dislike of being around her, or if he was actually being the first person in the academy to at least recognize she didn't like being around people. It was certainly something she would need to figure out.

As for the sudden change in direction the conversation had taken, she found herself nodding slightly to what he had to say. "It always helps to have another set of eyes, I don't catch everything all the time." She agreed. It certainly took some of the pressure off of her, throughout Amaya's training she had learned to appreciate the skills and support of a good spotter. It made her life quite a bit easier, even if it put a bit more pressure on the front line of the group.

"Still, I manage to catch quite a bit on my own." She continued, venturing out in a way that she generally wouldn't dare to do. Part of her really didn't want to do this now, because she knew it would just bring up more interaction than she really cared for, but she had to know more about what she had seen in the forest. She had seen him avoid the Faunus he had encountered in the forest through the scope of her rifle, and she had to know why.

She had dealt with racist and bigot humans every day of her life when she had been younger, and now Amaya didn't want to go another four years working so closely with one. From the way he had reacted in the library to the Faunus, to how she had seen him practically break a rule that had been set by the headmaster, she had to know where he stood with this.

"You avoided the Faunus you came across in the forest." Amaya finally came out and said it, breaking the small silence that had fallen while she had summed up the courage. "By the headmaster's rule, that should have been your partner... But you hid and then moved on while I tracked you down. Why?"

It was at that moment Amaya realized she had still been sitting on the edge of the bed with her head in her hands. She blinked rapidly and stood up, letting her backpack drop on the bed she had claimed. Most of her personal possessions were still at her family's home, waiting to be shipped to her when she wrote them. She only had a few changes of clothes and hygiene supplies, in addition to all the gear she hauled for her rifle, and that was all she really needed for the time being.

The girl stood with her arms half crossed under her chest, waiting to see how Matt would react to what she had said. 'This is either going to end really badly, or... Well, that's actually the only way I can see this ending.' She thought.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 11:20 am

Doragon was sitting by a bench reading through a book and waiting for the crowd to clear up. "No since in rushing straight there, I have time." Doragon briefly looks among the groups of students, seeing how happy and excited some are....and some aren't.

"Initiation wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be." Flipping though his book with his tail, he thinks to himself. "I wonder how the view on faunus is around here? Well I mean i'm sure the White Fang are continuing there grand effort and making themselves sound great. It has been some time since I last lived in Vale." Doragon starts to notice the crowds thinning up. He closes his book and slings his bags over his shoulders. Only being able to grab what you could from a murder scene tends for you to travel light.

"Living with new people, how exciting!" Doragon smiles at the thought. "Much better than dealing with sappy white fang members who can't stop telling me how WE ARE SUPERIOR WE ARE FAUNUS!" Doragon chuckles to himself for a bit. "Who cares is what I say, I am just going to be glad I can make some friends again....However." Doragon face expression changes to a much serious look.

"I understand I am training to protect all from evil, but once I get a hint of too who ruined my family. Its gonna take a lot more than just some students from beacon to stop me......"

Doragon walks through the halls with his bags, people give him some looks and he occasionally hears someone mention how colorful he looks, he smiles at the compliment. He occasionally looks to see if he recognizes any of his teamates, "Must have rushed to get bed spots, no matter." Doragon eventually reaches the door to his room and enters noticing two other people in the room already, his new teammates "Wassup!" He says cheerfully as he enters the dorm.

"You guys hurried up and grabbed one side of the room already eh?" Smiling as he says it. He closes the door enough just for a crack to be open. Surveying the room he sees a long rifle, some boxes, and 2 empty bunks on the other side. "Looks like I get to grab a bottom bunk." He drops his bags onto his bed and places his two ninjatos by his bed side. Doragon looks over to see his teamates in a coversation, noticing the pink haired marksman has her arms crossed "I hope I didn't interupt something?"
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Matt had adjusted himself, sitting down crossed legged in front of his belongings as Amaya continued. It was a slight difference, but the female didn't seem as nervous sounding as she'd continue. Keeping his hands busy, he'd unzip a few pockets, continuing his hunt for-- well... it wasn't necessarily anything. His theory was working, which is what really mattered at the moment. 'Small victories...' he'd think to himself as he rummaged around inside, feeling over various objects as he turned into Amaya's words.

"You avoided the Faunus you came across in the forest."

He'd stare up at the wall, eyes widening upon the pink-haired snipers words. Hands froze inside his backpack as he hung on her every word, revealing and reinstating to him that he did indeed break the rule of Initiation: the first person you see is your partner for the next four years. It struck a dreadful chord within as those words echoed a moment, a long silence after her question.

The moment was still fresh in his head... He saw the figure standing far away, instantly noticing the animal ears as their back was turned to them... The feeling of his heart race... Panicking and hiding was the only option he wanted to do as he'd force himself to hit the ground and hide in the bush to calm himself. The same accelerated heart beat would ring in his ears as suppressed feelings resurfaced from years ago. The fact that Amaya had seen him had worried him a lot now. This kind of information getting out could be taken the wrong way; it wasn't that he was racist, he just had a deep and lingering fear since the events of his birthday some eight years ago. Something like this could have him... expelled.

He'd do his best to keep his demeanor calm, his body still relaxed from what was revealed. Matt's voice would seem a little cooler, darker in tone-- his words seemed careful to the other, not wanting the Human to lose faith in him for what had happen in his past to make him act the way he did. He could feel his palms getting damp, rubbing them across his knees slowly as he started to speak.

"I... It's..."

Matt fumbled over how to start-- he'd turn his head, using one hand to prop himself as he'd look back at Ayame, now standing, faced away with what looked like her arms crossed. He'd frown a bit with a sigh as his green eyes stared toward the floor. This wasn't the start he had intended with his teammate. "I didn't want to be a downer day one. But, I need to clarify, what I did has nothing to do with me being any kind of-"

The sound of footsteps getting close to the door cut him off, hearing the handle turn. His brain had came to a dead stop, choking on his words a moment as the next few moments happened in slow motion for him. His heartbeat echoed in his chest while he'd shift uneasily-- he knew more then well the only other two people assigned to this room were Faunus, and with the door giving a little creek open... Fear was about to become a reality as the leader, Doragon Kai, had made his appearance in Team KRMA's new home cheerfully. Matt would be oblivious to the warm-welcome as his chest felt tight, body feeling warm beneath his shirt and half jacket already as his green eyes snapped from Doragon's face to the visible lizard tail.

'Faunus... Faunus... He has a tail... A verrrryyy obvious tail...'

He'd turn back to his stuff, keeping his face hidden as he withdrew a bit, closing the conversation with Amaya as the team leader entered. His hands would shuffle a little more noisily in his suitcase, desperately feeling around for a need to have been searching now as the human listened to him survey and take claim of the bottom bunk across the room. Clinging and clanging would come from the corner as Matt felt something worth noting; his travel bag. He'd give a soft tug as his mind raced, not feeling the bathroom supplies wanting to budge at all from deep within his suitcase.

'I can't right now... I'm sorry. I can't face them right now... Just let me get this out, PLEASE.'

A little struggle, but eventually the travel bag would be freed from deep within his suitcase, a few loose casings of his shotgun shells spilling out after it. The blue colored, empty cases would sound like hollow plastic as they tapped around before resting, rolling a little ways around. He'd eye the little mess, biting his bottom lip; no time. As their Captain asked if he was intruding, the human would let out a nervous laugh as he held up his travel bag, still facing away from the two of them.

"Ah, nope! Juuussst... had to get my travel bag..." He'd sit up, free hand adjusting his beanie a bit as he'd look briefly over at Doragon, then to Amaya. "I uh- just need to grab one more thing from my locker I forgot. Casing-yee'uh, I mean... I think I left my Scroll and some clothes at my locker." Matt would give an uneasy shrug a moment two his two teammates, "Just... want to be sure! ...Excuseme." The human would seem a little stiff as he opened the door, hurrying out of the room fast and down the halls to the first elevator available. His stomach did flip flops, rubbing the groove of his scar against his nose as he swore he could feel a painful tingle. His pace continued to remain fast as fears fought with his thoughts. Once a bit down the hall from his dorm, he'd shift around a corner and let out a quivering sigh.

'Easy... Just get a hold of Grandpa... It will all be okay. Ask him what to do.'

Matt would nod a bit to himself, pressing his back against the wall and slumping against it until he sat on the ground. There was no issues with dealing with Faunus on the ship, no problems waiting in line, and the occasional awkward small talk here or there... Reaching into his pocket, he'd pull out his Scroll, fingers quickly brushing the screen to his contacts as he'd send a message for his Grandfather. The realization was boiling in his mind, making suppressed feelings popped up. That was the only explanation he could come up with to himself. Fingers tapped quickly at the device as he sent the following text to his Grandfather:

Survived Initiation. Team KRMA. Two Faunus. What do I do?
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Amaya noticed the sudden and rather drastic shift in Matt's tone of voice and knew that she had struck a nerve with her accusation. Normally she wouldn't do this, but what happened when he had the same reaction when it inevitably came out that she was a Faunus as well? She didn't want to risk alienating the person she would have to deal with for the next four years, that would only make things even more miserable for her.

Right when it seemed that he was about to answer her, the door opened and the leader of the new team stepped in. She wasn't sure whether to be relieved or mildly annoyed. She could have gotten her answer and maybe even stopped this problem before it could even begin. On the other hand, she wasn't sure if she was ready for this kind of confrontation, after all she had only just met this person and still knew so little about him. Socializing with people was next to impossible for her, which made trying to pressure people into answering her require a miracle.

She let him turn back to his gear and dig out his travel bag and then excuse himself in a way that was completely devoid of subtlety or composure, leaving her in the room with Doragon. 'What did I do to deserve this?' Amaya thought as she held back a sigh.

The snake Faunus uncrossed her arms, letting them drop back to her sides. She turned back to her gear and sighed, she had been left hanging by his unfinished statement. 'What isn't he? A racist? A bigot? Prejudiced? Or is it something else entirely?' She had to stop herself from shaking her head, as that would only provide an obvious sign of how unsettled she was at that moment. As it was, it outwardly appeared like she was in quiet contemplation of something.

Finally, she realized that Dorogan had been left hanging and she gave him a weak smile and a nervous laugh. "Well... Congratulations on becoming team leader." Amaya said, finding her eyes focused on a single spot on the floor. She wasn't very good at small talk, and after being thrown a complete curveball by Matt she was left kind of shocked and unsure of what to do or say next.

"I... uhhh..." She muttered, trying to think of something else to say. "I hope this team ends up working out?" It came out as more of a question than anything, but she was at a loss. She did hope that, but in reality she knew that this was going to be a rather rough next four years, judging by the past few minutes. 'And this is without Lilith here...' Amaya realized grimly.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 12:31 am

OOC: Wooooooooosh. This thread was moved into your new dorm section.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 1:13 am

Doragon looks at the frantic human stumbling with his words and all wide-eyed as he runs out of the room in a hurry. "Was it something I said?" Doragon just shrugs it off and starts to go through his gear. "Hmmm I hope I get along with this team, I am all glad to lead them into battle but........" Doragon trails of in his mind. "I just don't want to relive having my close ones torn from me again."

He then hears the other occupant of room congratulating him on becoming leader and akwardly state the hope for the team. Doragon smiles back "Thank you I appreciate it, and don't worry we all seem to be trained enought to accomplish mosts tasks as it is. I mean we ARE in Beacon Academy after all."

"I don't think I have ever gotten the chance to properly introduce myself. My name is Doragon Kai of the Kai family line, it's a pleasure to meet you."
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 2:29 pm

"What a lonnnnnngggg day." Lilith said as she stretched her arms out above her head as she walked down the long corridors towards her new room. Luckily enough for her, she had convinced some nice sap to carry her bags for her. She would have stopped by her room earlier to greet her new team, but couldn't pass on the chance to 'investigate' some of the other teams.

Looking at the passing room numbers, she knew that she was closing in on the room, and it only solidified her confidence as she shall a familiar face hurrying down the hall in the opposite direction. "Now where could mister fidgety be going..." she whispered, pondering what he could possible be doing. 'I'll figure it out eventually...' as she smiled at the prospect of digging into his head deeper.

Arriving at the correct door, she continued her innocent act as she bid her mule a farewell. She held for a moment as she prepared her facade. Grabbing one of her bags, she swung the door open, and walked in with a wide smile. "Hi guys!" She chirped. "Hope I haven't been missing much!" she said with great enthusiasm.

Skipping over to the dresser, she started unpacking her bag, pulling out several of her fine dresses. "So, where did jitter bug go?" She said referring to Matthew. "He didn't wimp out, did he? I'd hate for our team to fall apart so soon."
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:34 pm

"I'm Amaya Hayashi." She introduced herself awkwardly. "It's... Uhh, nice to meet you too..."

Of course, if things hadn't been awkward enough, in strolled the final member of their new team. To say that the snake Faunus felt more nervous around her than anyone else she had crossed paths with in the Academy so far was a bit of an understatement.

Amaya recognized her type from her last school, the manipulative backstabbing type that found entertainment from putting others in horrible situations. She knew first hand the kind of hell that type of person can cause, and she wasn't looking forward to having someone like that on the team. Especially since she hadn't wanted to be on a team in the first place. Of course she had heard rumors, but she figured she might have found a way to circumvent that. Still, it seemed that wasn't meant to be.

"No idea..." That was really all Amaya could say at that moment. She didn't want to voice her concern about what had happened in the forest, that wasn't her business to speak of and she hated talking to other people let alone gossiping about others. 'Still, that could affect the whole team...' She realized.

After all, one human with some sort of ill will towards Faunus in a team with three of them? This was just bound to end badly in some way, especially once he realized the only other 'human' in the team was just very good at hiding her heritage.

The snake Faunus sat back down on the edge of her bed, pulling a single leg up to her chest to rest her chin on as she let the other leg stretch out to the floor. She wasn't really sure what she was supposed to do now, but she hoped that whatever it was didn't involve staying in this room or having to interact with the rest of her team.
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 7:44 pm

Sitting on the ground, Matt looked toward the direction of his new home from his spot in the hallway. His fingers would drum against the sides of his scroll in response for his Grandfather, heartbeat calming down after a breather. A few moments of reflection started to dig at him-- blowing it upon the leaders arrival... Not only making it very apparent something was wrong, but lying already to just run away from everything. His green eyes would drop to the floor a bit, frowning at the thought. Going to administration would just make him look weak, unfit to be a Hunter...

A buzz from his Scroll would catch his attention, ignoring it as he reflected a moment on his options; complaining was out... Beacon was a four-year commitment to those that you are assign-

'Amaya... I didn't even finish an answer to the question...'

His head would make a soft bump against the wall as he leaned back and stared at the ceiling above. Already starting off on the wrong foot twice, Matt cursed himself for his piss-poor handling of the situation and creating such a rift not only with his future team, but his partner from Initiation... One of the first people he met on arrival to Beacon. Eyes would follow the patterns of the architecture, staring at the elaborate decor of the walls inside the spacious dormitory. She caught him hiding from the first person he came across...

The moment of truth came as he opened his Scroll, the mail icon blinking as he hesitantly hovered over it with his thumb. The screen made the green hue of his eyes flicker, wheels in his head beginning to turn. His lips would thin out as he pressed the thought a moment-- the message would be the same message he had been taught since coming into his elders custody... What exactly was he looking for reaching out like that? Pausing, his thumb would move away from the icon, hands collapsing the Scroll a brief moment after. He had the answer he wanted... The goal was right here beneath his feet for the next four years.

With a second wind in his sails, Matt smiled, slowly getting up with support from the wall. 'Baby steps,' he thought to himself, recalling to his Grandfather's words when he entered Signal on his first day, 'You've made it too far to let a mental block scare you away...' The human would take a few steps back into the chaos by the elevators, waiting for someone to bring a train of luggage through as he'd glance toward the direction of his dormitory. There was no way this wall would be torn down day one, and that was okay... He couldn't let that divert him from his goal of becoming a Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Doragon looks over too see the final team member arrive. He remembers her from initiation fairly well, Spritsy, energetic.......manipulative. Doragon really doesn't have a problem with engergetic people, but trying to bend others for their own will doesn't quite sit well with him. Especially if she is supposed to be member of a team he leads.

Doragon smiles at the new arrival "No idea, he said he forgot something. I'm sure he will return soon, anyways welcome to the team."

"Lets see we have a spritsy faunaus, a super shy marksman, and.....well the other one hasn't stayed long enough for me to know about him. Either way he seems nervous. One hell of a team I am going to have to lead." Doragon chuckles slightly to himself.

"Well everyone I understand i'm the leader of us all, but more than anything i'm your ally, a friend. I expect each of us to cover our asses if something bad happens. For now though lets just enjoy the rest of the day and get settled ey?"

Doragon finishes unpacking the last of his items and changes his giant scarf to a different he had with the colors of green, purple, and blue. He lays down on his bunk for a bit to rest, and see if the other teammate will return soon.

"So, did anyone have plans for today?"
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:03 pm

'Oh my, quite the shy one, isn't she. Not very confident with her words.' Lilith thought as she heard Amaya stumble with her words. 'This really will be interesting.' She could feel a genuine smile creep across her face. 'Good thing I'm facing away. Wouldn't want to scary off such interesting subjects.' she thought as she finished properly hanging up her first dress.

As she put up her second dress, the colorful lizard she had met back in the forest spoke. She counted herself lucky again that she wasn't facing them. 'Not sure how long I can handle corny sayings like that...' She knew that as a team she'd have to work with her squad mates, but when he put it like that she couldn't help but almost lose it.

Finishing off the third dress, she bent over to pick up the suitcase they were in. "Other than unpacking, I've had my fill of adventure for the day." Turning around, she saw both the lizard and shy girl laying on the bottom bunks. "H-Hey! I wanted a bottom bunk!" Due to her size, getting up to the top bunk was troublesome. Stomping her feet, she went to her pile of luggage to start unloading the next case. "Jerks...."
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:26 pm

Amaya was sure that little speech might have been rousing to someone who was excited to be on a team, as it stood though she simply remained silent and thoughtful. She had never really had friends in the past, that generally involved interacting with people and it was fairly obvious that wasn't anywhere on her list of priorities. Still, she understood the concept of covering them when they needed it, after all she was a sniper and that was simply in her nature. Overwatch didn't end on the battlefield.

As for having plans, as much as Amaya didn't want to mention them she found herself giving a small nod. "I'm going to... Uhh..." She chuckled softly, as if surprised she was even breaking her silence. "I'm going to find the range and re-zero my rifle tonight before it gets dark." Her chin was still resting on her knee as she observed the other two.

Her first few shots had been off target during Initiation. She had been able to compensate rather efficiently, but she definitely needed to zero her rifle again so that wouldn't happen anymore. Plus, being on the range would hopefully give her some alone time away from everyone else. There wasn't likely to be anyone on the range just before sun down, all the first years would be too busy spending time with their teams and all the years above them wouldn't want to interact with the fresh meat. That guaranteed she would be able to get some quality time in with her rifle.

As for Lilith's little outburst, Amaya simply shrugged and remained silent. She was bunked with her partner, despite all the objections she had to that, so the little bat Faunus would have to work that issue out with her own partner. The snake wasn't going to get involved with that matter at all.
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 10:54 pm

Nervously gripping his still empty travel bag, Matt at least made sure he kept his Scroll in hand as he came to the door. He'd close his eyes a moment, taking a soft inhale, and a slow exhale as he cooled himself off. All he had to do was just play it cool... This was a team, after all.

Knocking on the door first, Matt would grip the handle, carefully opening the door a moment before poking his head inside, waving his hand with the Scroll folded up. "Hey... Found it. Heh..." He'd laugh a little uneasy, recognizing their other teammate-- Lilith Medea, the second Faunus. His gaze would also catch the leader in now a different scarf than before. Matt seemed a little uneasy as he came inside and closed the door behind him, feeling his heart giving an occasional flutter as he did his best to keep a conscious effort in keeping his cool. The memory of the event made his scar tingle as he could feel the temperature warm a bit.

Matt would toss the empty bag near his stuff, noticing the bat Faunus had begun to unpack. He'd look around his jacket, finding a place to store his Scroll before turning back an replying, "I uh- Sorry for... running out like that." He'd give a little grin as he'd look to their leader, hand giving a little tug to his beanie over his eyes as he leaned against a desk across from his bunk with Amaya. Folding hands across his chest, Matt would look between the three. "So... Did I miss anything?"

He tried to fan the awkwardness a bit by trying to strike up some kind of conversation after his entrance, his arms squeezing down on his fingers as he tried keeping his mind at rest. Matt would occasionally focus on Doragon's tail or Lilith's pointed ears, realizing he'd be staring, and break contact to out the window as he tried to keep his fear low-key and uneasiness suppressed a bit.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:41 pm

Doragon looks at Lillith complaining about bunks and just chuckles at her "Well if you really wanted bottom bunk, you should have gotten here sooner!"

"Well that speech kinda sound of lame *sigh* how the hell did I get choosen to lead this team." Doragon rests his eyes for a quick second until he hears the other member walk in.

"Ah its no problem, I just was asking if anyone had plans tonight at all and gave a little speech was all. Find what you were looking for?"

Now that Doragon finally got a good look at Matt he clearly somethings not right, put he can't quite put his finger on it. Actually thinking about it more the only one who seems to be normal is Lillith......which is saying a lot. "They will warm up eventually i'm sure....or at least I hope."
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 pm

'I'll be sure to make you regret taking it then...' She thought as she picked up her second suitcase of dresses. Still letting her temper affect her actions some, she slammed her suitcase down as the jumpy member of the team returned to the room. "You missed out on some jerks stealing my bed..." She grumbled as she started putting up the next set of dresses, but with a little less patience than before.

She had been so flustered that she almost forgot to dig into the weak link's head. Almost. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down some. Finally calming down a bit, she started to think of how to figure out what his problem was. There was always her semblance, she would catch a slight glimpse of his fear, giving her some kind of idea. 'He'd probably flip out and raise a commotion if I did that... And I may be forced to use it on him in an emergency...'

Putting up another dress, she peeked behind her and noticed that he was the closest out of the three to her luggage. She knew she'd have to get closer to tell anything. "It's Matthew right? She had put back on her innocent act back on like when she convinced that student to carry her bags earlier. "Could you help me out and bring over my bags?" She had stood up at this point and had crossed over to get closer to him. "I'm not strong enough to carry them all" She said with puppy dog eyes.

She grabbed on to his arm and tried to pull him along to the luggage. "You're big and strong, right?"
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:42 pm

Matthew had nodded to Doragon's question, tapping the pocket he slipped his Scroll into, "Yeah... I must have just placed it absentmindedly in my locker and forgot." He'd give a little laugh after as he scratched the back of his head. "Any team plans yet, boss?" He'd ask, inquiring if they had came to any decisions. Things hadn't seem so bad so far... Though, he did need to finish his conversation with Amaya from earlier. The least he wanted to happen was some kind of awkwardness with his partner.

His attention would shift to the bat Faunus, green eyes fixating a little bit on those pointed ears before eyeing the expensive looking dresses she was hanging up in a closet. Assuming the two people she was mentioning the two 'jerks' were Doragon and Amaya, Matt would simply shrug a little, smiling at her comment-- she should have moved quickly from initiation if she wanted dibs on something, though by the looks of it, Lilith was already staking a claim on one of the bigger closets on her side. Giving a glance over at Amaya seated on the bottom bunk, Matt eyed his partners rifle in thought. She'd probably need the room for that impressive piece alone...

Looking as if he was going to say something to Amaya, he'd turn back to Lilith with a soft, "Huh?" at the mention of his name. The Faunus had slowly  approached him, the uneasy male tensing slightly at her touch against his arm as she seemed innocently enough asking for his assistance. He'd laugh a bit hesitantly as his eyes went toward on of those pointed ears a moment, feeling his heart sink to the pit of his stomach before making brief eye contact with her. His first true test was soon about to begin as he felt his throat drying a bit.

"Y-yeah... of course." He'd feel her tug toward her baggage, an uneasy smile on his face as he complied with his teammates request. It's the least he could do in his situation, knowing that he left at a very awkward moment after Amaya's question and Doragon's entrance. Knowing he needed to make up for his actions earlier, he'd look over the smaller Faunus's stuff, gauging what she wanted moved. "Where do you want them?"
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:14 am

"Well at the current no plans are made for anyone, I said it would be okay  if everyone just wanted to hangout and relax and recover from wounds possibly. Unless anyone would like to explore the school, or even the city for that matter."  

Doragon was slightly releived to see the Matt more relaxed, and boss? Much better than running out of a room randomnly. Doragon doesn't say anything when Lillith asks Matt for help "*sigh* Damnit Lilly let the guy be......" He wants to trust everyone to his full extent, but even he has to make sure that they are not going to rip each others heads off. He understands that this is the first time together as a team, but even so he feels that there are so many secrets that are being hidden. His main concern is just to survive the four years, hopefully with everyone.This request from Lillith doesn't seem to bad though, just as long it is her only intention.

Doragon continues lying on the bed thinking of what he should do today. He flinches slightly when he shifts on the bed. "Damn, my cuts still sting a little." He says with a chuckle. "Never got time to heal them, might as fix that now I suppose."

Doragon sits straight up on his bed cross legged and starts to breath slowly, calmly, deep. After he is fully calm and centered he starts glow slightly blue and slowly gets brighter. His left blue eye begins to glow now. Some of the scratches on his body begin to heal up right before him as he meditates for the next few seconds. After he is healed he relaxes. Doragon lets out a sigh of relief. "Ahhh Much better now."
Back to top Go down
TJ

TJ

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Lilith made sure to keep eye contact the entire time with Matthew, studying his reactions. Looking at his face, she could see a sense of panic. 'He really is jumpy..." Then came his eyes darting around, looking just to the side. 'That was easier than I thought.' She thought as she returned the smile, giving him just a glance of her fangs.

Trying not to look to deep in thought, she began handing him bags "Right over there by the dresser I started using will be fine!" She was loading him up like her mule from earlier. Leading him over to the dresser, she began digging through what she had found out so far. 'Lets see... he's nervous, but not Amaya nervous... And what was he looking at... was he looking at my ears?'

That thought gave her a genuine smile. 'Now this could be interesting...' She thought as they reached the dresser. 'Now, just hold still for a minute!" She took the first suitcase and began to unpack it. She didn't want him to leave quite yet; not until she picked into his head a little more.

"So Matt, what brings you to Beacon?" She asked as she started hanging up yet another dress. She thought maybe she could hear something in his story that would give her a little insight.
Back to top Go down
Ensayn1

Ensayn1

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Amaya had noticed when Matt looked at her as if he had been about to say something, but otherwise gave no indication of it once Lilith pulled him away to help her with unpacking. She gave a soft sigh before standing up from her bunk and shouldering both her rifle and backpack full of gear. If she was just going to be sitting there doing nothing she might as well use the time to get some time in on the range.

"I'll, uhh, be back before nightfall." The snake Faunus excused herself, walking across the room and towards the door. As she passed by Matt, she gave him a quick look before mouthing 'Come to the range when you're done.'

As much as she didn't want to confront him about whatever issues it was that he was having, she didn't want whatever resentment he had towards Faunus hanging over her like some sort of dark cloud when they were supposed to be partners. On the off chance he ever actually discovered her secret, she didn't want it making the next four years of her life that much more miserable.

She then turned towards the door and walked out, having to crouch slightly so the barrel didn't catch on the door frame on her way out. 'Why does this have to be so difficult?' She thought with a small sigh as she walked against the tides of new students milling about the hallways and settling into their dorms. 'I wouldn't have to deal with this sort of thing if they didn't force teams on us.'
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Matt watched as Lilith began to hand him things. At first, it seemed manageable-- a suitcase or two later though would say otherwise as the Faunus loaded him up with her stuff despite hands filling. He'd grunt a bit at the weight, hands shifting to make sure he wouldn't drop anything as he followed her lead over to the dresser she was going to claim as well. Giving a little nervous laugh, his arms would tremble a bit as Lilith had only removed one suitcase, leaving him to stand there. Initiation had pushed his limits, but his training with his tonfa had given him decent stamina when it came to lifting, maintaining his hold on the others stuff.

As he stood, he'd glance over at Amaya, a look for an exit on his mind as she stood up and grabbed her backpack and rifle. As she'd excuse herself, Matt would track her movement, attempting to grab any attention as she moved before the pink-haired girl would finally mouth something to him before excusing herself. He'd give a little nod-- a bit of relief to look forward to as he shifted with Lilith's stuff. However... knowing that Amaya was probably looking to complete their awkward conversation earlier, he couldn't help but feel some concern for her, too. If the Library and other interactions they've had before Initiation taught him anything, Matt knew she valued her space... but something about her nervousness had his mind thinking as he watched his partner leave, a stare lingering as the door closed behind her. He couldn't quite put his finger on it yet, but his intuition had a feeling there was something to her being so reserved...

Matt would stare back to the Faunus as Lilith questioned him, seeming innocent in her intentions so far. "Well... Since as far back as I could remember, I had always wanted to be a Hunter..." His gaze would wander a bit in thought, looking over at the pile of his stuff he reflected on his past. "I grew up in an apartment in Vale. I remember playing Grimm vs Hunters a lot, and being around the various students and protectors of the city... I guess you could say I've always wanted to come here and study." He'd laugh a bit, distracted by the blue glow of Doragon's aura as he witnessed the various cuts and scrapes against his form begin to repair themselves. The human would blink, impressed with the others control of their aura-- it was no wonder he was chosen as leader.

As he stood, his stomach would give an audible grumble. Looking at the other two sheepishly, he'd laugh a bit nervously. "S-Sorry... I hadn't eaten since before Initiation... What about you two, though?" He'd leave the question open to Lilith's partner as well, looking to include everyone in his conversations as he extended the invite to the other to join. His uneasiness around the two lingered a bit, eyes always seemingly brought to the features that made both Doragon and Lilith Faunus... however, he seemed to still be adjusting as the conversations continued without Amaya around. In the back of his mind, he wanted to make sure he made up to Amaya, but not cause another awkward moment between teammates again like earlier with Doragon.

Last edited by AzureAzure on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:22 pm

"Take care Amaya." Doragon says as she walks out of the room.

After healing, Doragon can't help but feel bad for Matt getting convinced into helping Lillith with ALL her suitcases. He stands up and helps Matt hold some of the luggage. He hears Matt explain the noise coming from his stomach and laughs a bit. "Ah no need to apoligize! It's been a long day I haven't ate much either." Which reminded him he needs to be ready to work soon, money is starting to get low in his wallet.

"Why did I join beacon?" Doragon uses his tail to scratch his head since his hands full with all of his partners luggage. " I only lived in Vale when I was much much younger around 7 I think, then me and my parents moved to a house we built in the forest of forever fall. Its where I learned most of my skills today, my dad used to teach me how to fight and enjoy nature.........used to." Doragon trails of a bit, thinking about what happened years ago. The blood, screaming, smell of gunpowder. His right orange eye starts to glow slightly as he gets angrier about it.

He manages to calm himself down and finishes his story. " I think there is too much evil in the world of today, as a hunter I can help change that whether it be peaceful or by force."

Doragon thinks about his past again. "They don't need to know everything yet I only just met them, being an ex white fang member and survivor of a homicide scene should stay low kept. By all means should they not know I am still looking for vengeance."  

"So Matt have you known Amaya before initiation?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)   Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Settling In (Post-Initiation, Team KRMA Dorm, CLOSED)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next