RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Team VRTX practice day.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sumdumguy

First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:31 am

Rachael took a couple steps back from Fei before finishing her sword twirls with a toss and a catch. She caught the sword in a reverse hold, having her pinkie sit on the trigger in case she needed to pull it. "3... 2... 1..." she called out, readying her blade before she finished with "Start!"

Rachael immediately charged at Fei, running at her top speed in order to close the distance between them. Upon coming within range she swung her sword horizontally, turning herself almost completely sideways so she could spin back around and parry and blow if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:39 am

As Rachael called out the numbers, her body visibly tensed as she lowered it into a battle-stance, spear tip continued to stay on target as she kept the shaft steady, ready to thrust out with it at a moment's notice. When the final word was uttered, she took one step back and braced herself as she held her weapon up at a vertical angle and intercepted Rachael's horizontal slash. Recovering from the initial clash, she pulled the spear back and swung out with a quick and powerful thrust towards the faunus's neck.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:43 am

Rachael watched Fei's movements carefully and when the blade of the spear started moving for her neck, she twisted her body back around, shifting her weight so she leaned slightly to the right, causing the blade to graze her shoulder, and swung a punch aimed straight for Fei's gut. It wasn't charged with dust or anything, as that could be lethal at max dust levels. Either way, it would still hurt quite a bit if it landed a direct hit.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:52 am

Fei obviously wasn't holding anything back, and she expected the same from Rachael, despite herself not wanting to seriously harm the faunus; she did want to see how far apart their strengths were from each other. A genuine test of arms would soon help differentiate it. Feeling the spear hit next to nothing, she only just noticed the fist coming up towards her stomach, relinquishing a hand from her spear; she shielded her gut from the punch with said hand. Grunting as it hit her palm straight on, she could actually feel some bones crack and shatter under the pressure, stumbling a bit she soon recovered and lashed out with the blunt end of her spear; spinning about to add momentum to her blow as it came streaking towards Rachael's head.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:00 am

Rachael almost paused for a second when she hit Fei, having felt that she might have hit her too hard. But when she quickly retaliated with a swing from the blunt end of her spear, she ducked and it barely missed the top of her head. When she ducked, she went low enough so that she was on all fours, and she used each of her limbs to propel herself as fast as she could at Fei, aiming a backhand swing to her neck whilst her sword was held behind her, ready to follow up with another swing if need be.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:13 am

Though Rachael's innate agility and flexibility as a faunus coupled with the many years of training under her belt proved to be a formidable mixture, Fei was no slouch in those departments either, coupled with a little touch of ingenuity and quick-thinking of course. Coming back from the small spin she had done, she spun the spear back around and aimed a downwards smash towards Rachael to stop her leap mid-flight, aiming specifically for the back of the shoulder blades.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:19 am

Rachael couldn't do much to block that attack from Fei, the only she could do was reposition the placement of her blade to slightly closer to her shoulder blades. She managed to block the attack, however, she was sent stumbling in a direction away from Fei. Her reaction to this was to roll forwards, and upon reaching a crouching position, leap forwards away from Fei. She wasn't running, since as soon as she landed her leap a knife was sent flying towards Fei. Rachael had attempted to do this before, and use the knife as a distraction whilst Rachael ran and attacked from a different angle. So she tried something different. She ran just behind the knife, and just before she reached a range that Fei could attack her from, she hopped to the side, holding her sword in front of her to block incoming attacks. Upon landing, she aimed a kick at the back of Fei's legs in an attempt to throw her off balance.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:33 am

She wasn't surprised that Rachael managed to evade a devastating blow like that, the admiration she held for her growing exponentially from the already large pool in Fei's feelings for her. Though this didn't seem to stop her from holding back any blows as she gripped the spear tightly in her hands, suppressing a grimace as pain shot through her broken right hand. Turning around, she faced Rachael and slapped away the glint in the air, sending this knife flying over to the other side of the arena as well. Intent on at least landing a blow, she winced and dropped her spear, letting out a yelp as her legs were kicked out from underneath her. She landed on her back with a dull thud, groaning as she was temporarily dazed.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:40 am

Rachael held her sword low, pointing the tip at Fei's neck. "Dead." she said as she quickly sheathed her weapons and crouching to make sure Fei was okay. "Fei, how bad is it?" she asked, clearly about Fei's broken hand. "Did I hit it too hard? I'm sorry, I can take you to the nurse's office if you want." she said, clearly concerned about her companion's health. She didn't mean to actually harm her like this, maybe they could have traded cuts and bruises back and forth but she didn't mean to actually break a bone. Regret and grief quickly plagued her heart as she stood there wondering what she should do. She didn't know first aid or anything, so all she could do was wonder what it was that she could do that was helpful.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:46 am

Smiling, Fei let out a soft giggle and nodded at her "death", sighing softly as she sat up and looked down at her hand. It twitched at times, red in some areas and seemed swollen in some fingers, especially the middle two fingers that had taken the brunt of the damage. Holding her injured hand, she only continued to smile at Rachael's concern and felt her heart awash with some strange feeling of euphoria and happiness. Leaning forwards a bit, she lightly pressed her lips against the faunus's cheek and shook her head.

"It's okay, just help me up and take me to the nurse .. I'm sure she'll fix this up with some ice and a cast." She would say, tilting her head to the side as she reached out for her spear with the uninjured hand and slipped it back into it's innocuous form of a metal rod, quickly holstering it as she waited for Rachael to help her up.

When she did help her up, she would stand and beam a very proud smile at Rachael.

"Your very strong after all, Rachael .. I knew I wouldn't beat you, but it was fun trying." She would say, nodding.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 3:56 am

Rachael helped Fei up and smiled at her compliments before leading her out into the hall. "It's this way, if I recall correctly." she said as she held Fei's non-injured hand and led her to he nurses office. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you that bad." she said, a hint of concern in her voice as she said so. She truly did not mean to hurt her that bad. The regret that flowed within her heart confirmed to herself that for once, she did not intend to harm another human being. Soon the two arrived at the nurse's office, and Rachael opened the door for Fei to see if the nurse was there, or if she was attending to someone else in another part of the academy.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:02 am

Smiling as she was led along by Rachael, she could hear the concern in her voice, it wasn't that hard to pick out from the usual tone she was so used to normally hearing. Walking in with her into the nurse's office, she looked around to see that it was .. empty and devoid of the nurse's usual presence, but everything else still seemed to be here. By everything she meant all the medical necessities needed to help care for her hand. Pulling Rachael along, she finally and reluctantly let go of her hand and sat down on the bed, tilting her head she ran her eyes along the walls of cabinets and white pristine drawers.

"Rachael .. since the nurse isn't here .. do you mind if I walked you through how to take care of my hand?" She would ask, smiling at her despite all the concern bubbling forth from Rachael's side, Fei wasn't at all mad at her; she did want an all-out spar after all. She was practically asking for a broken hand anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:08 am

Despite Fei obviously not caring that she had a broken hand, Rachael still felt bad anyways. The first person she had made a friend with in a long time, and she broke their hand not too soon afterwards. "Oh, uh... sure." Rachael said, not quite sure what Fei had in mind. She wasn't sure that Fei should let her do this, as she wasn't the most gentle person in the world. She was much too violent and careless to really be good at this kind of thing, but it was for Fei. So she could at least try.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 5:54 pm

After she finished evaluating and recalling where everything and anything was, she used her broken hand to direct Rachael, pointing towards the two cabinets in the far right and the small freezer. "It's okay, I know you'll do your best .. it's also not very hard. The nurse helps me with this all the time. First get an ice pack from the freezer, it looks like a blue bag with a white cap on top, then get a cloth ball from the first cabinet, then ...." The instructions would go on and on until everything was prepared.

She would reassure her with a smile, knowing the proper procedures in and around the medical office she so frequently entered for one reason or another; mostly for injuries and the occasional fractured hand, like this one. Why, she frequented the nurse so many times that she eventually decided to just walk her through the procedures for all the most common injuries ranging from a small scrape, to a cut, all the way up to a broken hand. This would be easy!

Holding up her hand, she would turn it around to check which areas were the most swollen. "See where it's all red? That's where most of the damage is .. nothing's too badly damaged and," She dared to move a finger, wincing a bit at the pain. "There doesn't seem to be anything broken, so it must just be minor fractures. Hold the ice pack on top of my hand to reduce the swelling .. then ..." The instructions once again would go on and on until the procedure was finished. Under careful instructions, patience and the occasional scratching of Rachael's ears; her hand had been properly splinted. Holding up her right hand, she examined the splint in the light and nodded, turning to Rachael.

"See? I knew you were the best, Rachael .." She would say, beaming another proud smile towards the faunus girl.

Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Rachael nodded as she was instructed by Fei, gathering many materials left and right. She followed her instructions, placing the ice pack on her hand where it was swollen. As soon as it stopped the swelling, she would do several other things to make sure the hand was comfortable before she began to actually put it in a splint. The procedure wasn't too long, but it wasn't too easy either. Not quite hard, but she just wanted to be careful about Fei's broken hand. She didn't want her to be in any more pain than she needed to be.

Eventually, Fei's hand was in a full splint, although not a perfect one. It was still pretty good for Rachael's first time, but it wasn't professional or anything. With a sigh of relief, she looked back at Fei to see her smiling at her. She smiled back as she looked at Fei's hand once more. "Is it okay, did I do it right?" she asked, still concerned about her friend.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Nodding, she held out the splinted hand towards Rachael and wiggled the little finger at her, smiling. "Yeah, it's perfect," She would say, tilting her head. "Did someone teach you how to do this?" Fei would also ask, resting the splinted hand on her lap. It wouldn't be a surprise to her if Rachael was also taught how to take care of broken limbs and cure illnesses with natural herbs and medicinal plants, she did seem the survivalist type after all with that belt around her waist.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 9:44 pm

"N-No... I wasn't taught first aid ever." she said as she looked at the broken hand before her. "I was taught about natural things, rather than these artificial chemicals and such." Rachael motioned to all the bottles of various medicines. The nurse's office here was stocked with pretty much everything they needed, although almost all of it looked like it was made in a science lab or something. Rachael found it better to rely on things that are mostly already known about, rather than something that could have unknown side effects. "I was taught about nature, not this artificial... crap." she said, giving all of the bottles and materials nasty looks. "Anyways, what do you suppose we do now?" she asked, changing the subject with a couple twitches of her ears.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:01 pm

She knew she wasn't wrong about Rachael having that survivalist look about her, she had the training and experience to back it up, as shown by the broken hand and how quickly Fei was pummeled into the ground. Though the young Huntress was rather interested in Rachael's knowledge of nature, she felt that bringing it up here and now would only take the rest of the day, of which she was sure wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact they were in the nurse's office. Sliding off the bed, she landed on her two feet and gestured for Rachael to follow her before continuing their conversation outside in the halls of the academy.

"Mm .. I dunno, what do you want to do now, Rachael?" She would ask with a smile, tilting her head towards the dog faunus in question.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Rachael followed her lover through the door and into the hallways of Beacon. "I'm not sure. I've never really had friends before, let alone someone as close to me as you are. What do people in relationships usually do?" she asked. She didn't really know what it was that they could do. This wasn't a childrens movie where they would happily skip through a meadow singing together. It was a totally new experience that she knew nothing about. And that was saying something, considering she knew a lot about many a thing. Human relationships weren't her thing. Then again they really didn't interest her before, it was only now that she really cared. She looked at Fei, slightly confused but still smiling as her canine tail gently wagged back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Thinking on Rachael's words, she turned her head away and looked off towards the giant fountain down in the courtyard below this floor. That was a very good question .. what did the prince and princess, or in her case the princess and princess, usually do together after the confession. It made her very happy that Rachael thought of her that way and she wanted to make their moments memorable just as much as she wanted this new relationship to be forever. Getting several ideas, she smiled and walked around Rachael's right side, wrapping her good hand around the faunus's, holding it.

"Want to go to the cafe and .. get something to drink? Water or .. tea ..? Or .. ice cream ..?" She would ask, looking at Rachael with inquisitive eyes that sparkled. Fei secretly hoped her suggestions was a good start, all she knew about relationships came from fairy tales and romance novels.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:14 pm

"Uhhh..." Rachael said before slowly nodding. "Sure? I don't see why not." It was a good first idea, she thought. It would be nice to go out and just be able to talk, maybe learn even more about eachother. "I don't know where to go though... Where is a good, uh... cafe, you said? Yes, where is a good cafe that we could go to?" she asked, giving a sort of embarrassed smile. Before Fei and her were a thing, Rachael hadn't really gone anywhere, both around the town or around the campus. Did they have a cafe on campus? It was so big, she wouldn't be surprised if it did. It sounded possible, so there probably was.

And off the two went to spend more time together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Team VRTX practice day.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3