RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Team VRTX practice day.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kawazoe

First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:55 am

Once Fei recovered from her initial attack on Rachael, she'd quickly stand back up and prepare for a counter-attack. Fully expecting a full-on frontal assault, Fei spun the rod in her hand around once and extended the innocuous looking object into it's full length. Gripping the bottom of the shaft with her left hand, she lashed out with the spear tip and instinctively smacked the knife away, sending it flying across the arena. Further taking a few steps back she held the spear at a ninety degree angle, tip facing off to the left and took on the full force of Rachael's blow.

The sound of metal against metal resounded all across the empty arena, echoing as Fei lashed out with a frontal kick to the stomach.  
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 7:26 pm

The moment Rachael's sword came in contact with Fei's spear, she reached into one of her back pockets once more and removed a grenade. She quickly held it up to her mouth and used her teeth to pull the pin, but before she could do anything else she received a kick to the stomach. The grenade left her hand and fell to the floor as Rachael stumbled backwards. With a large leap backwards, Rachael put her finger on the trigger of her blade and aimed it at Fei. She didn't take more than a second to aim before she pulled the trigger at least five times, letting loose five bullets of flame towards her just as the grenade she dropped earlier exploded.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Fei audibly gasped as the sound of an object dropping on the floor alerted her to the danger she was in, followed by the sound of Rachael's weapon being fired. Willing to take the damage made by dust rounds, she spun her body around and using the flat side of her spear, scooped up the grenade in one quick movement and tossed the ticking grenade over towards it's owner. Three of the five projectiles had missed it's mark during Fei's maneuver, but two had. Gritting her teeth, Fei lunged forward with her spear and aimed several thrusts and swipes towards Rachael's eyes, throat and shoulders. Stopping at the last thrust, she instead pulled back and spun around, the long metal shaft coming round to smash against Rachael's left arm.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 pm

The grenade was returned to her, and the moment she realized that she gasped and attempted to leap back and out of the way. She barely managed to get to a range that wasn't lethal before it exploded, and she was still knocked onto her back. Rachael recovered quickly and sprung back to her feet just in time to see Fei lunge for her. Swiftly dodging thrusts left and right, Rachael realized she was being overwhelmed quickly, and she needed to fix that. The moment Fei began to spin around, Rachael raised her gauntlet hand up in a quick motion to deflect her strike. With one final leap backwards, Rachael lowered her stance and twirled her sword into a reverse hold as she raised her gauntlet arm vertically so her hand was parallel to her head.

"Try this on for size!" she called out as her sword and gauntlet began to turn red in color due to heat. A second afterwards, they started to release steam from the heat, until both of them caught fire. They didn't stop there, however. The fire spread across the entire blade of her sword, and her whole left arm, covering them completely. It didn't seem to hurt Rachael though, as she still looked onwards normally, as if nothing out of the ordinary was happening.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 5:05 pm

Pushed back by Rachael's gauntlet, Fei took a small jump back and spun her spear around, facing Rachael down. It was now quite visible where the previous dust rounds from before impacted, two black scorch marks clearly defined against the girl's porcelain white skin.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 9:28 pm

Rachael stared blankly at Fei as she lowered her stance to just a normal standing pose.

"You wanna call it quits here, or do you wanna keep going? At this point I could actually hurt you." she said. Rather than being concerned about Fei, she was more worried her teammates would dislike her if she actually hurt Fei. Then things would lead to other things, and she didn't have the energy to deal with that.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Fei shook her head, looking once towards Cebrail and Brady before her attention returned to Rachael's.

"No, let's continue. I can still keep going."

She was a determined one.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 10:17 pm

"I see..." Rachael said as she looked over at the guys before focusing her attention on Fei once more. "I warned you." And with that, Rachael quickly closed the distance between them with just a few quick steps and swung her sword horizontally, twisting her body and putting all the force she could on the blow.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Bracing herself, it seemed that Fei was intent on taking on the full force of Rachael's blow once more, instead it was a split second before the blow was made that she ducked low; her spear seemingly vanishing into thin air. When the hot blaze passed over her head, she immediately thrusted the metal rod in her hand towards Rachael's stomach, an audible swishing sound could be heard as it began re-extending into it's previous form of a spear; the sharp blade of the spear was headed straight for her.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:30 pm

Rachael hadn't thought ahead, so when her sword missed Fei completely, she gave a look of surprise before freezing in place. Fei's spear was right against her gut, but it hadn't pierced any flesh. She had lost. With a sigh, the flames on Rachael's sword and arm both extinguished as she walked away.

"You win." she said as she walked back towards the guys, not looking back at Fei.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:47 pm

Fei sighed with relief and stood up from her crouched stance, the spear in her hand sliding back into it's little metal rod form. Sliding it back into it's sheathe, she turned around and faced Rachael's back, bowing deeply.
Back to top Go down
ceelo619

ceelo619

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 4:14 am

Cebrail had his arms crossed as he stood next to Brady and watched the two girls fight. In what was an amazing back and forth where they both could've killed each other. Fei wound up victorious. As Rachael walked towards them, he applauded his two companions.

It seemed that most everyone in the group liked to get up close and personal. The one exception being Brady. Their speed alone could very well be an overwhelming force in most any combat situation they encountered. Cebrail felt the fight was a bit tense and maybe a tad anticlimactic.

Rachael approached with a near hostile expression on her face. Not wanting to say something wrong, he merely nodded at her and walked towards Fei. "Way to stay in there." He said, smiling and coming in for a high five.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 10:43 am

Fei straightened from her bow and tilted her head at Cebrail's strange gesture, looking at her hand she held it out in the same fashion and tapped it lightly against his. She smiled and rubbed the areas where the dust rounds had hit, if it wasn't because Rachael had decided to forgo her ranged advantage, she would've lost more then just this match. It was something she was going to need looked at by the medical staff.

"Is the practice over, then?" Fei would ask, looking towards Brady.
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 12:21 pm

Brady shrugged his shoulders upon Fei's question. "I ain't gonna hold ya back if you've got somewhere else to be, but i was hoping i could ask you for one thing real quick". He pointed towards the three dummies he'd been drilling on earlier. "I'd like to see what that last attack of yours would have done if it'd hit. do ya mind?"

Last edited by Myren on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 12:13 am

Rachael looked at Brady for a moment before sighing and walking over to the nearest dummy. She was about to waste even more dust just to show off to people she didn't even care about. Great.

The blade of her sword began to turn red with heat and her gauntlet also turned a dark red. She flipped her sword around into a reverse hold and lowered her stance, bringing her sword behind her as the blade faced the opposite direction she was. She raised her gauntlet up so it was about head height and the back of the hand faced out. This time there was a barely audible whirring sound as several of the mechanisms in the gauntlet began activating, unlike last time she did this. Her sword and gauntlet caught fire with an audible woosh as her gauntlet began to whir even louder than before. The fire on her gauntlet spread throughout her entire arm like before as the whirring hit it's peak at volume. 'Now I'll show them...' she thought as she clenched her teeth and bared her fangs at the dummy. 'Why I held back!'

With that final thought she swung her arm to the side and gave an yell as she her gauntlet activated her final ability. Her vermillion aura became fully visible, as a feeling of extreme unease buried itself in the pit of her comrades stomachs. With a second call, that was more of a loud growl, she swung her sword, twisting her entire body and putting all of her weight into the strike. The dummy didn't stand a chance, as it was cut cleanly in half. But Rachael didn't stop there. No, she kept going. Her war cry continued as she twisted her body back around, once again putting all of her weight and force into a single punch from her gauntlet, hitting the upper, now severed, part of the dummy. Under normal circumstances that would have been a normal strike, but unfortunately for the dummy, Rachael was in a horrible mood. The strike released an ungodly amount of fire dust in the form of a spherical bullet twice the size of her fist. It made contact with the dummy and began flying across the ground at high speeds before eventually losing momentum. The dummy crashed into the ground and slid a few more meters before laying there, heavily singed and with a crater in its chest.

After doing this, both of Rachael's weapons ran out of dust, disabling their fire based effects and causing Rachael's aura to disappear. She didn't even bother to turn around, as she just glared at the mess she just made.
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Brady casually strolled up next to Rachael. Surveying the wreckage with some interest, He takes a moment to clear his throat before continuing.

"Right on. I was starting to think we didn't have a heavy hitter on the team. Now i know if we run into something big, we can all rack it up, and you knock it down, eh?"

He turned and began walking away.

"alright folks, we've got the space for another forty-five minutes or so. anybody still wanna spar; knock yourself out."
Back to top Go down
ceelo619

ceelo619

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:19 am

Cebrail was astonished to say the least. But now he knew to definitely not piss of Rachael. He stared at the gaping crater in the dummy's chest as the smoke cleared. Maybe it was time he got more serious about where he was at.

"I'm up for a bit more sparring if anyone's willing." He said as he raised his hand. Now he really wanted to fight. Even though Rachael was practically brooding as she glared at the dummy's, he felt pumped up and more than willing to throw some punches. Hopefully not with Rachael. He liked not having a hole in his chest.

That and she scared him a little.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Closing her eyes, she stepped over to the side and sat down on the floor once more, having tasted and seen enough of her teammates's capabilities to be both impressed and proud.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:31 pm

"I really don't care what we do next. If you still wanna spar me, fine. Just let me refill my weapons." Rachael said, disgust seemingly dripping in her tone. She was getting tired and her limbs felt like they were full of lead. After losing against Fei, she almost suddenly lost the will to move, let alone spar. Still, she decided to stay vigilant and quickly began to refill her weapons, each with different kinds of dust than before. "Just let me know what you wanna do."
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:18 pm

AND SO, TEAM VRTX TOOK TURNS BEATING EACH OTHER UP. RACHAEL, STILL PISSED OFF ABOUT LOSING TO FEI, REFUSED TO TALK TO THE GIRL AND STORMED OFF BACK TO THE DORMITORY WHILST BRADY AND CEBRAIL CHATTED IT UP.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 1:21 am

Late in the afternoon, classes have ended, Fei and Rachael decide to spar back at where they first met; intent on finding out who would have won the fight that day.

Having finally persuaded Rachael, through many bouts of tickling and lip-begging, she had finally managed to make her agree to restart the spar that had ended all too abruptly so long ago. Pulling the dog faunus along by the arm, the small smile ever permanently plastered on her face was present as they entered the personal locker rooms adjacent to the arena. Finally letting go, she spun around and faced Rachael, tilting her head.

"Will you, you know, privacy and all .. I can go change in the back ..?" She said to the other Huntress in front of her, tilting her head down and off to the side as she bashfully and in a brief moment of silliness suggest that Rachael be left in privacy to dress when it was Fei herself who had to strip out of her own uniform and don the armor and battle gear.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 1:41 am

Despite refusing many times, even after Fei's attempts of persuading her, Rachael had refused time and time again to spar with Fei. She wasn't sure if it was out of laziness or because she didn't want to hurt Fei, but either way she refused many times. It was one time that she was caught off guard and, through some extra tickling and such, she finally agreed to it. Reluctantly, she allowed herself to be led to the arena where Fei wondered if they should change seperately. "I don't know what you're talking about. This is what I fight in." she said as she motioned to her school outfit. "My other non-school outfit is pretty much the exact same as this, and I have several pairs of this. It doesn't matter if it gets a little beaten up or torn, I can pay to have it fixed. You just get changed here, I'll go load my weapons while I wait."

And with that Rachael turned around and walked out to the arena, pulling out her weapons and filling them with dust. If they were unloaded, they were almost useless to her. Most of their functionality was with their dust channeling capabilities. Without dust, they were useless. As she waited, Rachael thought about possible weapons she could make in the future. Her sword wouldn't last forever, and she's had it for years. It was bound to break sometime. And her gauntlet? She didn't even know how long it would last. She didn't even know who made it or how old it was. It was a strange thing, this thing that sat on her arm. She didn't even know why she still used it. Nonetheless, the canine faunus continued to load her weapons in silence as she waited for Fei.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 1:54 am

Nodding, she smiled and looked down at Rachael's uniform, noting that it was indeed the same as .. every other pair she wore during class. Actually, she noticed the dog faunus wearing almost the same exact set of clothing every single day, and this made Fei wonder if she had anything else to wear other then her uniform and the other "similar" set. Watching her go, she turned around and undid the combination lock to her locker.

After a few long minutes of waiting, Rachael would find Fei walking towards her in her all-too familiar battle dress, another familiar sight being the metal rod held in her right hand. Approaching Rachael, she tilted her head and bent down a bit, blowing a small gust of air into the faunus's ear as she seemed so busy doing whatever it was she was doing with her weaponry.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:03 am

The sudden gust of air slightly startled Rachael, but she only smiled and looked over her shoulder to see Fei. "Hey, you ready?" Rachael asked as she tightened the utility belt around her waist and finished pouring the last bit of dust into her weapons. "Just loading my weapons is all." she mumbled as she turned around to face Fei. "Alright. I'm pretty much ready. Do you wanna warm up first or just go straight into sparring?" She asked as she twirled her sword around in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:10 am

Smiling, she nodded and walked over to the middle of the arena grounds, twirling the metal rod around she gripped the other end of the now spear and held the tip out towards Rachael; openly challenging Rachael as her smile grew. This time there wasn't anything holding them back, she wanted this to be an all-out fight, though she didn't exactly specify in her excitement. Perhaps her companion for life, Rachael, would be able to figure it out during the fight .. or before the fight, since Fei knew how intelligent Rachael was, and do the same.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:31 am

Rachael took a couple steps back from Fei before finishing her sword twirls with a toss and a catch. She caught the sword in a reverse hold, having her pinkie sit on the trigger in case she needed to pull it. "3... 2... 1..." she called out, readying her blade before she finished with "Start!"

Rachael immediately charged at Fei, running at her top speed in order to close the distance between them. Upon coming within range she swung her sword horizontally, turning herself almost completely sideways so she could spin back around and parry and blow if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:39 am

As Rachael called out the numbers, her body visibly tensed as she lowered it into a battle-stance, spear tip continued to stay on target as she kept the shaft steady, ready to thrust out with it at a moment's notice. When the final word was uttered, she took one step back and braced herself as she held her weapon up at a vertical angle and intercepted Rachael's horizontal slash. Recovering from the initial clash, she pulled the spear back and swung out with a quick and powerful thrust towards the faunus's neck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Team VRTX practice day.   First Team VRTX practice day. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Team VRTX practice day.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next