RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunting the Beast [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DrGustave
DrGustave

Hunting the Beast [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:23 pm

Malina dropped down from the tree and landed on her feet. "God damn piece of...." She muttered to herself. "I lost it again, this thing is too damn fast." She had Summer's Blaze in her hands and Manticore was swaying behind her. "How the hell are we supposed to kill this thing if we can't even catch it!?" She asks her teammate behind her. "And on that matter, you're the fast one, why don't you chase it? You're the fast one here."

Last edited by DrGustave on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:07 pm

"Well 'he' better turn up soon, this is getting tiring." Malina said as she looked up at Muzen with crossed arms. "You know you could do something other than sit in a tree.......what about tracking it? Did it leave any tracks?" She asks and looks back to the ground. She holsters Summer's Blaze and Manticore wrapped around her waist.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 7:36 pm

Malina sighed and turned back to Muzen. "We've been chasing it all 'arvo' because there's a reward for killing it." She crossed her arms again. "Why do you want to stop anyway? So you can lay down some more? Because getting this done and laying in a dorm bed seems preferable to a tree doesn't it?"She asks with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 12:23 am

Vega silently emerged from behind a tree as he often di.It was one of the many habits he barely realized he did. "Malina's right Muzen, you know how much I hate wasting time when we could be finished. Speaking of finishing I finally found us a lead to where the beast went."

Last edited by AkaiOtaku on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:05 am

Vega walked over to Muzen and Malina opening his scroll. On the screen he had a map of the surrounding area displayed. "I set up a perimeter of traps around the beast's last known location." He pointed to a central part of the map. "These traps were baited with a few...snacks I managed to acquire from the forest. When I came to check on them they were all intact save for one that was completely chewed up except where my wires were. There were tracks that lead east from this location." Vega pointed to a different location on the map and drew a line leading east from there. "We should hurry before it moves again."

Last edited by AkaiOtaku on Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Malina pulled out her own scroll and opened up the bounty page. "Here we go..." She said as she followed Muzen. "Since you were asleep in the dorm I'll tell you again. The Porusk, responsible for the murder of two first year students.....probably sneaking off for a quick um....what do they call it in your country? A root? Anyway, it was put up by the kid's parents...the reward is their old RV...we need a vehicle of some kin, I'm tired of taking the damn bus to get around town...." Malina said as she continued walking, looking up occasionally.

Last edited by DrGustave on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 2:10 pm

Vega pushed his glasses back up his face. This habit often came up when Vega was presented with an opportunity. "An RV? That could be interesting. We could make it into a headquarters of sorts." In reality Vega wanted to use the vehicle for his research on arthropods but he doubted Malina would allow him to have insects and arachnids running all over the RV. He chose to bite his toungue and work on the matter another time. Instead of discussing the subject further he turned around and continue his walk back to where his trap had been set.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 6:57 pm

"Because I....I just don't like public transportation alright? I'm not you, I can't just fly places whenever I want." Malina said as she turned to face Vega and Muzen as she walked backward. "Plus....I think it would be....fun to have a road trip." She almost seemed to struggle with saying the last few words before she turned back around. They had reached Vega's destroyed trap. "Alright...now where?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 7:23 pm

Vega moved toward the remains of his trap. He had the decency to dispose of the snack before the others arrived. He kneels down and shows them the tracks the beast made, the prints were deep from a great force pushing off them. "Judging by the prints it made and how deep they are its either very fast or very big. I'm thinking its fast. I wasn't gone for very long." Vega stands back up and dust himself off before checking his pocket watch. "I was here 5 minutes ago and it was heading east. The only thing in that direction is caves. It think we have it cornered."
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:29 pm

As the trio headed east toward the caves they passed several overturned trees and broken branches. The beast was obviously larger than they had anticipated. As they reached the cliff face with the cave entrance broken into it they came to a stop.

A low guttural growl came out of the darkness of the cave before the beast itself stepped out. It was almost completely covered by black fur save for three white stripes that ran down the length of its body. It had a bone armor mask along with four red eyes and one larger one in between the other four. Out of it's forehead sprouted two small, white horns and out of it's shoulder blades sprouted two much larger bone spikes that curved forward and split off into two different spikes. Along the rest of it's back it had three medium sized bone spikes down along each side of it's back ending in a large, fairly bushy tail. It seemed as if it stood a whole ten feet at the shoulder when on all fours. It snarled and showed its double row of razor-sharp teeth before standing up on it's back legs and sniffed the air with it's elongated snout and showed off it's four dagger like claws on each paw. It seemed to be over twenty feet long from head to tail. It then slammed back down onto all four paws, facing the trio directly now.

"Well..." Malina said as the Porusk faced her and her two teammates. "Looks like we have an actual challenge." She smirked and un-holstered Summer's Blaze and let Manticore unravel from her waist.

Last edited by DrGustave on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 10:56 pm

Vega tugged at his gloves and started to let his aura channel through the spools on his wrists. The wires around the spools suddenly came to life and started wrapping around each other making thicker wires. "Malina that RV better be worth it. We need to kill it quickly before it escapes again." Vega moves his hands away from his body and begins to manipulate the wires. He begins by setting up a perimeter around his team and the Porusk using half of his wires. The rest of the wires he separates into thinner sets and begins lashing at the Porusks eyes. "First we reduce its ability to avoid us. Then we remove its ability to maneuver all together."
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:20 pm

The Porusk quickly turned its head away from the slashing tendrils and towards an opening in the wires. It leaped through the opening, the wires cut through its fur and bone armor into its skin. As it landed on the other side of the 'cage' it quickly turned towards Vega and shot toward him with the speed of a King Taijitu, attempting to headbutt the student square in the chest.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 6:53 am

The porusk quickly lowers it's head head down and charges with its shoulder spikes. As it lowers it's head Muzen's stinger blade shoots forward and is caught in between the Porusk's shoulder spikes.

As Muzen shot forward she raises Summer's Blaze fired two repulsion dust rounds into the Porusk's side knocking him out of the way of Vega.

The Porusk, with Muzen still hooked onto it's shoulder spikes, was knocked of it's intended path and now headed back towards the woods. As the beast approached the tree line of the forest it twisted and lunged it's shoulder toward one of the trees and slid toward it with Muzen caught between the tree and the Porusk. When thhe three objects collided against each loud cracking and splintering could be heard as the tree cracked in the middle and toppled over along with Muzen. The beast now turned it's attention back to the two on the other side of the clearing. It reared up on its hind legs and let out a loud roar before falling back on all fours. It lowered the front of its body before leaping through the air directly at Vega and Malina.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:05 am

Vega didn't have much time to react as the Porusk charged toward him and Malina. He quickly wove wires into a stronger set and wrapped them around a nearby tree. The Porusk was feet away, coming closer to the two. Vega moved toward Malina and grabbed her around the waist. She won't like this one. As he he held he manipulated his wires into pulling him and his companion toward the tree and away from the Porusk's line of destruction. Vega could already feel the physical strain it took to pull both him and Malina in such a rapid manner and started breathing heavily. Somehow between moments of catching his breath Vega managed to get a sentence out. "So..any..ideas?"
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:51 pm

"Um...." Malina thought for a moment and looked down from the tree at the beast. "Well it's fast, we need to stop that. If I could get close enough to cut its legs with Manticore then that could paralyze it long enough to kill it. After that it still has the teeth and the armor but without its speed that shouldn't be a problem." She looked back up from the Porusk at Vega. "Any idea that can get me close to it without me needing stitches?"

The Porusk crashed into another tree, knocking it over, while Malina formulated the plan. Recovering from the crash it steadied itself once more and focused its five eyes on Muzen once more.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Vega listened to Malina talk about her plan but his labored breathing made her a little hard to hear. He holds his hand up signaling to give him a moment to catch his breath. After a few seconds Vega fixes his tie and looks back to Malina. "We need to distract it from two different different directions. You stay in the tree while Muzen and I tire it out. When we bring it back toward you, jump on its back. It will be tired but it will still be a very bumpy ride. It's the only plan I can think of."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting the Beast [Closed]   Hunting the Beast [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting the Beast [Closed]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next