RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lycus Montag, Axel Graf

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amber
Amber

Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Empty
PostSubject: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:32 pm

As you and your partner approach the entrance of the tunnel you two were assigned, your foot slips in to a pocket of water. Looking around, you notice quite a few... some of them being too dark to see the bottom. The tunnel itself seems entirely dark, and too foggy to use any kind of light. You will have to be extremely careful. Oddly enough, this area of the cave seems to have lost some of the fish and sulfur smell, though it is still present and annoying.

Stepping forward a little more, you actually happen to spot a lantern hanging above the entrance, but know it will do you no good. As you peer forth in to the cave, you see that your only option to progress is straight forward.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 12:42 pm

Lycus looks down the dark, foggy, tunnel before looking up to see a lantern then back at the large room they had come from. "We should get our stuff first, don't wanna go fighting Grimm in our pajamas now do we?" Lycus says as he walks back and sees two bags leaned up against a wall One labeled "Lycus Montag" and the other labeled "Axel Graf" He reached down into his own bag and started pulling out his own equipment. "So....Axel Graf huh? I don't think we've met." He said almost nonchalantly despite their current situation of being in some damp, dark, unknown cave.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Axel walked towards the bag containing his things.  "No, I don't think we have met," answered Axel.  "I'm Axel Graf, of the Grafs of Aetera."  He dressed himself in more combat-appropriate clothing before checking his equipment.  Specifically, he made sure that Laughter had enough dust to get through any dangers that might occur down the tunnels.  Axel read the note left for them by the academy staff and looked down the cave.  "Hmm... Pools of deep water, looks like we have Sangueteeth."  He tried to peer further down the cave.  It was way to foggy to see anything.  "I'm not sure if we're going to be able to guess anything else in this tunnel.  This persistent fog is going to be a real trouble. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Lycus put on his combat suit and slung Ozymandias over his should after putting two canisters of ice dust and one canister of lightning dust into its slots. He the slid his knife and revolver into his left and right boot, respectably, and slung the bag filled with all of his other canisters of dust, ranging from repulsion to momentum, over his other shoulder. "Sangueteeth huh? That's the uh...leaping one right? We should keep some sharp weapons close to hand..." Lycus looked further down the tunnel into the fog. "The fog looks way to thick for the lantern to be of any use, even if we could reach it. Hm....anything we could use as a torch or something to just throw down the tunnel?" He looked around the empty room. "Guess not..."
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 5:03 pm

"Looks like we'll be groping around in the dark for this one." said Axel. "Just give me a little bit of time to adjust my weapons. I don't have too many bullets in this bag, and I think I'm going to need my gun a lot." Axel field stripped Spite and quick changed its firing and feeding mechanism with a several pieces drawn from the bag. Good thing the academy personnel included my aura adapter in the absence of the ammo box. Soon, Spite was re-assembled, and the removed pieces were dropped into Axel's bag. "One more moment," he called out. Axel took a metal chain from his bag. It was a rather long chain. He wrapped one end securely around his forearm and fastened the other end of the chain to the bottom of Laughter's haft. It was a small pre-combat ritual that Axel picked up from his time at Signal, and he always made sure that he honored it.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:51 pm

As Axel finished preparing his weapons and armor Lycus checked his bag once more for flares. 'Alright....twenty flares in the bag and five in Ozzy....' He turned to face the dark, foggy tunnel and aimed his weapon towards it. "Well we won't get far if we just stay here now will we?" Lycus says as he flipped a switch, letting a single flare fly down the tunnel with a high pitched fizzing noise.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 4:07 pm

As the flare flies down the tunnel, the visibility is less than ideal, but you can make out some of the details of the cave ahead. The only real information you can gather, however, is that the cave abruptly turns to the right.

Meanwhile, off in the distance you hear a rumbling sound. Perhaps a cave-in on some of the other students?
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:54 pm

"Well, I can't see much," Axel said, peering off the distance and following the arc of the flare. "Can you?" Axel heard the a rumbling sound in the distance. "Wait, you hear that?" he whispered. "Could those be ..." he took out his Academy initiation description and scanned it briefly. "Could those be Burrowham rumbling in the walls of the cave." Axel cocked Spite.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:07 pm

"We aren't gonna become hunters by just sitting here, lets go!" Lycus begins to make his way down the tunnel, stepping around puddles as well as he could. "So How do you think we should counter the Sangueteeth?" He asks Axel as he continues down the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 pm

"Alright then."  He followed Gustave's lead around the puddles.  "You know, I'm not sure.  I was thinking of just disturbing the puddles before we walk around them.  I don't know if my assumption is correct, but I'd guess the leaches react to motion felt through the water, seeing as how there aren't many other senses that would help them well in a place like this.  If shooting the water is too loud and is likely to attract other Grimm, then perhaps we could just pick up some rocks along the way and toss them in.  We might be lucky enough to catch a couple of leaches as they're jumping at us, but in all likelihood, we won't really be able to defend ourselves against these jumping leeches once they're out of the water leaping, so we just have to hope to find them first and avoid them."
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 7:45 pm

Lycus stopped to think. 'This could backfire really easily but... I can't think of anything better.' "Alright but... I can barely see anything down here, let alone know when the puddles are coming up." Lycus reached down to his weapon. 'can barely even see my own dust canisters...that's gonna be a problem if I need to swap them...' "If you can figure out where the puddles I'd be fine with you leading." He said before carefully moving away from the wall to allow Axel to pass
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:08 am

Axel moved past Lycus, and together they walked along, trying to best to keep away from the puddles. Just as Lycus had said, it was difficult to see anything, just as it was impossible to find anything to toss into the puddles to trigger any present leaches.

"You know what? This isn't working, just like you said earlier. We have no way to deal with the leaches before they jump...unless you have enough freezing dust to freeze the surface of the puddles. I'll shoot the puddles with my pistols if we really need to, but that will probably attract Grimm, and I'm only going to do that if there's no way to navigate around the puddles." Axel started moving down the tunnel again.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:49 am

"Ice dust? Yeah I got ice dust." Lycus says as he grips Ozymandias. The problem was he didn't know which was the ice dust any more. But he had put two in do so he had a pretty good chance of firing off the ice dust.... And a small chance of using lightning dust, so either way he wins. "Yeah just tell me where to fire and we can get ourselves our own veritable ice bridge!" He said confidently despite the nervous fingers that held his weapon.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 5:58 pm

"Well, now that the flare has died out, it's tough for me to see where to put the ice bridge. Do you feel comfortable firing off another flare so you can check your canisters and we can see where to place the ice?" Axel asked.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:14 pm

"Yeah, sure." Lycus says as he loads another flare. '22 left...' He moves to his side so that he would not hit Axel, then firing the flare down into the darkness once again.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:54 am

The pair of students reach a set of crossroads in the tunnel, with the option of either going left or right. Down the right, however, you notice two things. The first is that the amount of puddles seems to have reduced to almost none, and the second is the faint sound of fighting. Perhaps another pair of students?
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:15 pm

Axel and Lycus had been moving down the tunnel before reaching the crossroads. Once at the crossroads, they stopped. "Do you hear that? It sounds like fighting down this right tunnel. I can't be sure, but I hope it is. It'll mean Grimm, but at least we'll also find others, assuming that the sounds are indeed of fighting, of course. Right tunnel, then?"
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 7:26 pm

"Less puddles and more people? Do you really need to ask? Hell yeah right tunnel!" Lycus said enthusiastically. He loads up another flare and checks his dust canisters. "Alright, let's go find us some people."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:28 am

As the pair continue down the righthand path, they eventually spot the bodies of two Grimm, one with a sword sticking in it, and shortly after they spot a woman, seemingly annoyed that her sword is stuck.

((OOC: It's this topic.))
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Axel and Lycus spot a woman, and they hurry on over to her. "Good job with these Grimm. We heard some fighting from down the tunnel and hurried over." Axel looked more carefully and saw the woman's sword was stuck. "Salabinder, huh?" He shrugged. "I'm Axel, by the way." He extended his hand forward to shake hands. "This is Lycus."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lycus Montag, Axel Graf   Lycus Montag, Axel Graf Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lycus Montag, Axel Graf
Page 1 of 1