RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:34 pm

Katy scrambled to her feet and charged back into the water, diving as soon as it was deep enough. She wasn't going to let Melissa win the tiebreaker! Katy very slowly continued to swim around under the surface, trying to spot Melissa. It was difficult to see anything underwater, but she hadn't seen her from above either, so she figured this was worth a shot.

Of course, with all her hair floating around it was even more difficult to see. Stupid hair! Katy wondered how mermaids in some of the stories she'd read ever managed to get anything done with all their hair in the way.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 am

The moment she noticed Katy jumping into the water, Melissa was already swimming back to shore, and there she sat, giggling at the hair monster searching for her underwater. She laughed for a few seconds, before moving back, sprinting towards the water and using an aura enhanced leap to land on top of the girl, piggybacking onto her shoulder, and beginning to scratch her ears with a smile. Round 3 was hers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:48 am

Katy kicked her legs to push the pair of them back to the surface, though she was careful not to disrupt the ear scratchings. "Well," she said once they had surfaced. "I suppose I have to concede. If you wanted I could buy you that Dust we were talking about as your prize for winning," she offered, too contented from having her ears scratched to try and put on an act of sulking from losing their contest.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 1:12 am

Melissa shook her head, "Nope, I couldn't accept that! Even as a prize! And as long as I don't have to fight too much I'll be fine until the next time my parents send me money!" She said.

"But how was that for an impulsive decision?" She added, grinning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:02 am

Katy nodded slightly to herself, seeming rather thoughtful. "This was definitely a better impulsive decision than my last one," she said. "I think as long as I'm careful to put more thought into the consequences of any impulses I have I should be OK," she added, apparently having completely failed to define what counted as an impulsive decision.

"I think," she said suddenly, "I think I'm gonna tell Aoife that I don't think we should date." She sighed. That was not a conversation she was looking forward to. "I hope she takes it well," she said, sounding slightly confused.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:14 am

Melissa couldn't help but giggle at the girl turning the definition of an impulsive decision into a well thought out one. Personally, Melissa felt the best way to choose which impulsive decisions to take would be to follow your heart, no matter how cliche.

"I'm sure Aoife will understand, don't worry!" Melissa replied with a grin, "But if she isn't, make sure you run fast, run far and maybe throw in a few zigs and zags in case she tries to throw her spear at you! Although that might not help, she pretty fast! Begging won't save you though!" She chimed cheerfully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:30 am

Katy twisted around to stare at the girl with a worried look. "She wouldn't actually attack me, would she?" That was exactly the kind of thing Katy didn't want to happen. Well, maybe a more extreme reaction than she had imagined as a worst case scenario, but still the sort of thing she didn't want to deal with.

"Maybe I can just avoid her forever?" she asked, sounding hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:52 am

"Maybe! Probably not! Probably maybe! I'm not sure, she tends to be a bit unstable - sometimes she's tsun, sometimes dere, sometimes she just wants to kill everyone! I don't think she would kill you... Maybe just wound you? Couple deep scars, maybe carve her intials into you?" Melissa said enthusiastically.

"I dunno, I think she would be able to hunt you down eventually if you don't give her an answer. Or she might get mad and start destroying the school..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:26 am

Katy seemed to go quite pale. She didn't want scars! Maybe.. maybe she should try dating Aoife even though she was fairly sure she didn't want to? "Why can't she be more easygoing, like you? If she were more like you this wouldn't even be a problem," she complained, her ears twitching irritably.

As soon as the words left her mouth, she seemed to realize what she had just said, and immediately began trying to backpedal. "Not that I've thought about, um, anything like that," she tried to explain, suddenly flustered. "I mean, I have been thinking about this Aoife situation, but I haven't been thinking about how I wished she was more like you," she said.

"No, I mean, I mean, um," she stammered, before shaking her head and maneuvering to head back onto the beach. "I mean we should get back to the school before it gets too late!"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:51 am

Melissa blinked in confusion, not completely understanding what the girl was so flustered about. Was she missing something. Some sort of sexual innuendo maybe? Melissa tried to think of what she might've missed, but failed. She was probably just imagining things.

"Huh? Aoife is pretty easy going too, just a little unstable in when she is! When she gets mad, she gets really mad, but otherwise she's fun too!" Melissa said in confusion.

"Okay I guess we should be getting back, don't want what happened last time to happen again!" She said, referring to the incident in the forest.

Moving over to where she left her clothes, she realized she was about to pay the consequences of this particular impulsive decision. Putting on clothes while wet and sandy would not be fun. Sighing, she put them on, and waited for Katy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 5:08 am

Instead of pulling all her clothes back on, Katy opted for an easier, though temporary solution. Folding everything but her hoodie up, she pulled her hoodie on and zipped it up. The hoodie itself came almost to her knees and worked quite well as a dress. Picking up the rest of her clothes and sneakers she walked back over to Melissa. "I'll put my hood up when we get closer to the school," she explained. "Give my hair time to dry out."

She seemed on the verge of trying to explain why she had suddenly gotten so flustered, but decided to remain silent. She had already made one mistake by not thinking things through clearly, and was determined not to do it again.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 5:34 am

Melissa skipped along the way back to school happily, despite being sandy and wet. This had been really fun, a great break after the studying she had done. In fact, she had really been having a lot of fun lately, and she hadn't even needed to mess with random people to have that fun.

"You know Katy, you say you don't know how to have fun, but you're actually really fun! You don't need to worry about not being fun, or not knowing how to, because you're naturally fun!" Melissa said cheerfully to he girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Katy smiled, but shook her head in disagreement. "All of this was your idea though," she protested. It was true that Katy had agreed to everything Melissa had suggested, but nothing they had done today had been her idea. "If you hadn't fallen out of the tree I decided to sit underneath I'd probably still be there."

Still, Katy figured that even if she hadn't actually suggested anything it was still good practice to at least participate.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 pm

"Maybe! But if you hadn't sat down by the tree, I wouldn't have fallen out of the tree! And if you were a boring person, like a teacher or something, you would've either turned down my invitation, or just not had fun! But you didn't turn it down, and you did have fun! So you're fun!"

Melissa began walking back towards the tree she had been studying in, remembering she had left her books by the base of it. Hopefully they were still there, though she didn't care too much either way. She had already lost several copies, and had just gotten the teacher to give her another!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Katy pulled her hood up and stretched, momentarily stopping on the spot. "I'm gonna go grab a shower and get some studying done," she said, changing the topic. "I'll see you in a little while, OK?"

Katy definitely needed a shower to wash off the sand and fix her hair, but the studying probably wasn't going to happen. Not that she was going off to sulk or anything! She was definitely going to try and study. But she was probably going to end up trying to figure out exactly what she needed to say to Aoife to hopefully avoid getting carved up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]    The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Katissa Chronicles Part 5: Awkward Explanations [closed]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3