RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Syn Eksedes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wubwub

wubwub

Syn Eksedes Empty
PostSubject: Syn Eksedes   Syn Eksedes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Code:
CHARACTER

Name: Syn Eksedes

Symbol: N/A; will be added later

Appearance: 5'4'', 122lbs. Not buff or fat, not skinny; Just in between. Short black hair, and tan skin. Syn equips a blue breastplate with green accents, and blue shoulderplates. He also has blue legplates, and blue gauntlets, both with green accents as well. Hiding a friendly and youthful smile, is a deep blue helmet with a near-invincible display screen on the front. LED's are used to express his emotions (emoticons, words-on-screen).

Personality: Syn is very friendly and outgoing. He is not quick to judge and always trying to see the bright side of things. In combat situations, he has a tendency to use his mouth more than his weapon, cracking jokes every now and then. He is unpredictable and spontaneous, never planning or preparing for anything. Very enthusiastic and jumps into things right away. He specializes in hand-to-hand combat, and is consistently on the offensive. He is always looking out to kill his opponent.

History: Despite his positive outlook on life, Syn has had a rough past. In his childhood, his family was poor and therefore could not afford much luxuries.  His dad worked as a carpenter for the small village they lived in, while his mom stayed at home and cared for him. His dad spent a lot of time with him and made him his apprentice. They worked many years together and bonded closely. Being an only child, he received a lot of attention from his parents and they cared for him very well. However, they barely could buy him gifts, let alone clothes. When he was 14, the village was raided by monsters of darkness and they were forced to leave their village, their house, their home. In the violent process, Syn's parents had Syn run away while they joined several others in an attempt to ward off the vile beasts. Unfortunately, they were overrun by the relentless mob and ultimately killed by monsters. Syn was taken underwing by the remaining villagers and vowed for revenge. He was trained by the village's best, and later moved to a more urban setting to catch up with the world. Finding his experience in carpentry substantial, he easily turned successful in the construction business. He then takes up skills in welding and metal working. Three years later, Syn decides to commit to finding the source of the darkness, and stopping it. Syn tries to forget his past, and strives to continue forward and never look back.

Strength: Syn's helmet (built by Syn) has installed in it a C.A.S. (Cognitive Assist System) a computer AI that scans Syn's environment and automatically calculates certain things for him. This allows him to simulate superhuman reflexes, accuracy, and awareness.

Weakness: Syn likes to jump into situations without a thought. This can get him into trouble, for example traps and surprise attacks easily catch him off guard. Also Syn's humorous and playful nature means he doesn't focus on the objective very well, and doesn't take fighting seriously. He also fights very aggressively, with his mind always thinking about offense, he is less likely to think about dodging or blocking. Finally, he is extremely reliant on his helmet. Without it, he is very limited. Without the help of C.A.S. the only skills Syn can wield are his hand-to-hand combat, and his carpentry. His reflexes and awareness will be subdued to the average human.

WEAPON

Name: Dai Nao

Primary Form: An aged tomahawk with expert craftmanship. Wood shaft, steel head. Other than a smiley face imprint on the side, nothing special.

Secondary Form/Function: Dai Nao does not transform or anything. When Syn's not using it he keeps it on his back.

History: Dai Nao, was built by Syn at the age of 8 with the help of his father. It was the first thing he built, and was meticulously guided by his father in making it. He jokingly named it Dai Nao (Die now), and the name stuck. He has been practicing with and using the weapon ever since.

Last edited by wubwub on Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
R3dder

R3dder

Syn Eksedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Eksedes   Syn Eksedes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:30 pm

While I do like this character, I have issue with the use of his Aura. First off, I don't think the aura can be used to such a degree so much as to teleport something. Also, I think that the range should be limited to about 10-15 feet or so give or take. Also, can you explain how he is limited without his helmet?
Back to top Go down
wubwub

wubwub

Syn Eksedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Eksedes   Syn Eksedes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:34 pm

R3dder wrote:
While I do like this character, I have issue with the use of his Aura. First off, I don't think the aura can be used to such a degree so much as to teleport something. Also, I think that the range should be limited to about 10-15 feet or so give or take. Also, can you explain how he is limited without his helmet?
I was thinking if teleport is too much maybe he can use aura to pull his weapon towards him, and a limited range is fine. (10-15 feet will do). And sure can
Back to top Go down
R3dder

R3dder

Syn Eksedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Eksedes   Syn Eksedes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 pm

Why not just make the weapon act like a boomerang and fly back towards him? I'm trying to push people away from using aura to move/teleport items because we know so little about it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
wubwub

wubwub

Syn Eksedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Eksedes   Syn Eksedes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:48 pm

R3dder wrote:
Why not just make the weapon act like a boomerang and fly back towards him? I'm trying to push people away from using aura to move/teleport items because we know so little about it at the moment.
True, however I'm not sure I like the boomerang idea because if he hit someone, ideally it would impale the opponent and having it fly back won't make a lot of sense. I think i'll have him just manually pick it up. It's ok because i wasn't too big on the "aura" concept (for the same reasons you're pushing people away from it), so nothing for now works.
Back to top Go down
R3dder

R3dder

Syn Eksedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Eksedes   Syn Eksedes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:50 pm

Okay, whatever works. Just that you edit it into your post and you'll be good to go!
Back to top Go down
wubwub

wubwub

Syn Eksedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Eksedes   Syn Eksedes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 pm

R3dder wrote:
Okay, whatever works. Just that you edit it into your post and you'll be good to go!
Cool.
Back to top Go down
R3dder

R3dder

Syn Eksedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Eksedes   Syn Eksedes Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Great! Accepted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Syn Eksedes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Eksedes   Syn Eksedes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Syn Eksedes
Page 1 of 1