RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rise of the Monarch

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BillyD3Kidd

Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Caster laughed softly as he ate the macaroons from the box, finishing one off before stating "Why, the stripped high-top rock, of course!" he teased and smiled, fooling with his left glove by rubbing his fingers along the tubing.

"They aren't nearly as good without you feeding them to me, milady." he teased before hearing Mirai ask for a curtain. "Why, milady! I would never dare violate your privacy!" he bowed slightly.

"I am the kind of man who like to woo beautiful woman. Never would I do anything crude." Caster stated with a bit more seriousness, but winked before finishing the final macaroon.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:31 am

Mirai looked at Caster unsurely. Getting up, she moved to sit over next to Rayden and, like many times before, she tugged on his sleeve like a child asking an adult for something.

"Rayden," she said calmly, though her eyes were looking at Caster as if he were a threat. "Another thing. Make sure your bed's the closest to mine and Caster's is the farthest."

It was dark outside now, Mirai could tell, even with the curtains closed. As everyone finished the last of meals and dessert, Mirai sat on her bed (the one closest to the window and the wall) and laid out three different books, reading them simultaneously as she fanned herself. Her dresses were yet to be kept (the armoire dresser she had ordered was due to arrive tomorrow) and laid in neat stacks on top. Rayden had also put out a set of satin sheets and her nightdress.

Well, I guess he can be efficient sometimes, she thought. Her eyes ended up leaving the books and back to Rayden who was still eating. She almost smiled remembering how she met the odd, awkward knight. Her first friend since her past lifetime. And now she was with another set of impossible young men whom, maybe, just maybe, would be her friends in the future, too.

Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:50 am

Frowning a bit, Caster stood up and straightened out his jacket, feeling a little bad. He bowed slightly and looked at Mirai apologetically. "My apologized, milady. I was only joking. Allow me." he grabbed his picture and moved to the furthest bed from Mirai, a bit worried about Rayden moving taken his relocation into his own hands.

Caster took off his jacket and folded it, pulling out his want, setting it and the picture back down and feeling the roll of cash in the pocket of his folded clothing. "I need to go shopping..." he mumbled to himself before continue to take off the rest of his suit. Bow, shirt, and leaving on his undershirt before looking at his pants with a frown.

"Excuse me." he spoke up and turned to Rider, pulling off his gloves by the fingertips. "You would not happen to have any shorts I could use? Afraid I still need to go shopping. I would hate to do more harm then I already have." he ended slightly meekly, referring to Mirai and how he already felt a like he had messed up.

Then, setting his gloves down, he frowned a bit. Not having them on always made him feel... uncomfortable... and he idly fooled with his hands. "I should have brought more cards." he said under his breath.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:00 pm

"I'm just taking precautions," Mirai said proudly as she narrowed her eyes. "I've already been violated once."

She said the last part glancing at Rider, her arms crossed. She turned away and headed to the bathroom with a set of sleeping clothes, her eyes suddenly heavy with exhaustion. Maybe I should treat myself to a warm bath... she thought.

"I'm going to take a while inside," Mirai said, not really comfortable mentioning she'd be bathing.

Going inside, she closed the door behind her, making sure it was locked twice. She draped her gown aside and frowned at the tub. She knew that the school management probably cleaned the tubs before they ever set foot in the dorm, but the fact that other people had actually...bathed...there disturbed her. She sighed, but made no more complaints and began filling up the water.

"At least there's hot water..." she thought. As she dipped inside with her hair draping behind her, she listened to whatever conversation was going on outside.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:19 pm

"Sorry but all I have are light grey and off white slacks," Rider replies, "Sorry to say that men like me don't invest much money in pants." White rolls his wheelchair towards the remaining unclaimed bed and parked next to it, simply leaning back against his chair.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:13 pm

"Ah, yes, sorry." Caster laughed softly, simply taking off his pants, shoes, and socks, folding them and placing the shoes by his bed once Mirai had gone into the bathroom, leaving him in the t-shirt and his boxers. "As long as milady does not see my undergarments', I believe the saying is what she doesn't know won't hurt her." he said jokingly before setting all of his clothes on the floor by his bed.

As he laid under the covers on his bed he raised an eyebrow at Rider. "I'm, uh, you... you don't need help with that chair, do you?" Caster asked awkwardly. "I know it may not be a question you like being asked, but, well, I thought it might be good to make sure."

Going to speak again, he paused, deciding it would be better to direct this question towards Rider and Rayden. "So tell me, you two, how do you fight?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 9:23 pm

"I specialize in artillery and firearms," Rider says simply. "Nothing much else to say. I like being fast and deadly. I can take both a defensive or an offensive position on the field although I tend to work better alone generally." Rider says that last statement glancing off to the side.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:34 pm

While the others had been getting ready for bed Rayden was keeping himself busy. He had cleared the table, bringing the dishes to the sink and washed them. Once that task had been completed he moved toward Mirai's bed and began setting up the curtain around her space sacrificing some of his own space in order to make things more comfortable and accommodate her large luggage. As he was nearing the end of his task Caster asked Rider and Rayden a question. Keeping his eyes on his project Rayden answered without facing Caster. "I am a shield on the field of battle, protecting those who need it." Keeping his answer short Rayden went back to his task with full attention and finished it a few moments later. With that done Rayden picked up a broom and stood in front of the bathroom door acting as a guard for Mirai. After hearing Caster's comments during dinner Rayden gave a quick glance in his direction before looking forward awaiting Mirai's exit.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 pm

The door opened behind Rayden to reveal Mirai in an old fashioned nightdress.

"As for myself, I specialize in explosives," Mirai said. "Not that you asked. I like to sneak around and then drop the bomb on things, literally. I'm good with long range battle."

She looked at the curtain Rayden had set up and nodded in approval.

"Good work," she said. She yawned and then stretched loudly, disappearing behind the curtains. It was quiet for a while, but then she poked out her head. "I'm hungry for sweets again and there are no more macaroons. Someone feed me."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:50 pm

"Well then..." Rider smiled wheeling towards Mirai's bed. He lifted up the paper bag Ai had dropped earlier when she left mistaking Rayden for a homosexual sailor. "These are the bunny cakes I told you about. Would you like one? It looks like she got ones with all kinds of fillings."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:52 pm

Mirai's eyes widened and she walked over to Rider like a little child enchanted by a piper. Rider had been lifting up the bag pretty high and she tried to reach it.

"Gimme!" she said desperately, her usual composed demeanor abandoning her.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 pm

Rider chuckled and gave the bag to Mirai, patting her head, his ears wiggling happily. "All yours then."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:03 am

Mirai grabbed the bag furiously and sat on Rider's bed, transfixed on trying to pry out the contents of the bag. She reached in and pulled out a small little rabbit cake. Her face lit up in the same expression she had when she had pet Rider's ears.

"Kawaii desu!" she yelped as she looked at the bunny. And then, nibbling it, her cheeks grew rosy and she touched it tenderly. "Oishii~"

She grabbed a bunch and then stuffed them into her mouth before putting the bag down and rushing back to her curtained bed.

"Goo naigh," she said with a full mouth.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 12:42 am

Caster simply watched Rider and Mirai, smiling and resting back on the pillow. If he had had any sweets he would have given them to her, but Rider seemed to have that covered.

Mirai's expression and the way she joyfully cheered in foreign tongues brought a smile to Caster's face, making him laugh and shake his head.

"Good night, milday. I wish you a peaceful slumber." he said in a slightly teasing tone, laying his head back with a yawn. "Before I head off to sleep..." he said a bit quietly, adjusting himself.

"I wanted to say it was a pleasure meeting each and every one of you." Unlike when he normally spoke the energy in his voice was gone to a calm and cool demeanor, almost out of place in his tone. "I look forward to spending the next four years with you. Goodnight." Laying back down, he closed his eyes, smiling a bit to himself.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 1:15 am

Seeing Mirai in a much happier state than when they first met brings a small smile to to Rayden's face. "Sweet dreams, milady." He makes his way over to his own bed and begins getting dressed for the night. He removes the outfit Mirai once again loaned him and careful folds it up before placing it in his suitcase. Rayden begins to reach toward his armour but realizes how angry that would make Mirai and instead grabs a pair of pajama bottoms Mirai insisted he wore.  Not being one to require much sleep Rayden simply sits on his bed holding Chevalier and a sharpening stone. Rayden begins to get to work being as quiet as possible hoping to not disturb the others.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:57 am

Mirai's happiness in turn brought a smile and a light chuckle from Rider. He wheeled back to the side of his bed and leaned back against his wheelchair with a content look on his face. He unbuttoned his off white waist coat and slipped it off letting it lye on his bed in his place.

"You're quite a diligent servant, aren't you Rayden?" Rider commented as he untied his red neckerchief and neatly folded it. "And you sound like quite the fighter. A walking shield to protect others eh?"

Rider unbuttoned the first three buttons on his dress shirt then placed his folded neckerchief on his lap, holding it down with both of his hands.

"Tell me," Rider continued, "If you don't mind saying, what is you resolve to fight the way you do? What reason do you have for going out of your way to shield others? And what is your resolve to serve Mirai so loyally?"
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:13 am

"That's a good question." Caster yawned, deciding it would be better to wait for the others to go to sleep before attempting to do so himself. "I understand why one would be so loyal to such a girl." he teased with a little chuckle. "However, it does take some reasoning to give yourself like that."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:01 pm

For a while Rayden did not speak considering ignoring their question all together but the words of his master rang through his head, 'Refrain from offending others.' A side from the sound of his sharpening the room was silent until Rayden stopped and spoke up, "I have a debt to repay, to milady and others. Though my desire to protect milady started from my debt I choose to stand at her side for other reasons...personal reasons." With their questions answered the room became silent once again until Rayden continued with his work.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:08 pm

"I see," Rider smiled, "Well then... I'm sure you'll share them whenever you feel like it."

With that, Rider sits back against his wheelchair with his hands resting on top of each other on his chest, the red neckerchief folded neatly beneath them.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Though sharpening Chevalier did help clear his mind, there was one thought that Rayden could not help but think about. "Mr. Blanc I have a question for thee." The sound of sharpening grew slightly louder. "I have noticed thou has been quite affectionate with milady...though it is not my place to say but maybe a bit too affectionate, pray tell why is that?" The sound of sharpening stopped and Rayden raised Chevalier to inspect his work before glancing in Rider's direction.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Rider opened his eyes a crack before glancing at Rayden. The glance really only lasted a second before he stared back up and closed his eyes.

"I simply enjoy teasing our little princess is all," Rider stated, "Making her angry or making her happy, either all is such a wonderful experience and she looks terribly cute in either way. Her smile is heartwarming and her pouting makes me want to just spoil her. She may have a childish side but that only adds to her charm."

Rider opens his eyes and cranes his head back to stare at the ceiling. There was a sad look in his eyes despite his smile which started to seem forced and his hands started clenching the neckerchief tightly.

"She reminds me of the girl I love. She's waiting for me back home."

Rider closed his eyes again and let out a brief chuckle. "Don't worry about me Rayden. Despite Mirai's impression of me, I'm quite a loyal rabbit. I have no intention of taking advantage of our little princess."

Rider turns his head in the direction of Rayden and Caster, his eyes still closed as he smiled at them.

"But I will admit. I get lonely easily."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:04 pm

"I see." Mostly satisfied with Rider's answer Rayden sheathed Chevalier and placed it as close to his bed as he could. "Mr. Blanc now that you are a part of Team MNRC you should never feel that loneliness." Rayden stretched a bit and relaxed on his bed staring at the ceiling. "If for some reason thou dost get that feeling, Mr. Caster is only a few feet away and I'm sure he wouldn't mind comforting thee." 
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Mirai had been listening from the curtains.

Don't they know it's rude to talk about a lady when she's supposedly not listening? she thought with a smile.

She rolled over to her side and pulled up her thick quilt as she embraced her pillow, waiting for the lights to turn off.

Tomorrow, the monarchy will start its strange reign...
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Caster laughed softly, sighing. "I know what you mean, Rider. Of course I am always here to hold you and rub those big ears of yours if you need me." Stretching, he yawned.

"I must admit, Mirai is quiet the charming young lady." he followed up while adjusting his back, stretching. "Only mere hours graced with her presence and I feel pleased." he teased, but there was truth. Caster was happy to have met all of them, and Rider was right about the certain charm to her.

"Rider... what is it like to have a girl waiting for you?" Caster asked seriously, though he could feel himself now struggling to stay awake. "I have quiet a large family waiting for me, but I imagine it must feel different."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 10:48 pm

"Let's just say... I can't wait to see her again," Rider said simply. "Well then... let us rest until the morning."

Rider remained silent from there, his ears folded over his face, his hands still clutching the red neckerchief.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:19 am

After a long day of traveling, unpacking, and bonding the members of Team MNRC fall asleep one by one. The dorm which had been previously filled with the sound of merriment was nearly silent except for the soft sounds of people sleeping and the ticking of the clock. The time hits 11:50 pm and Rayden's eyes shoot open. He soundlessly gets out of bed and dons his armour it was a task his body knew so well. Without waking the others Rayden retrieves his weapons and heads for a roof. This body is nowhere near suitable to be a shield, so much training is still required. Once on the roof Rayden removed his helmet from its position and placing it on his head followed by extending his shield. With his weapons prepared Rayden began his daily training regiment under the cover of darkness.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:35 am

Around the same time Rayden left, Mirai began stirring in her bed. She was half-awake now as she struggled with her nightmare-laced dreams.

"Cold..." she muttered. "So very cold..."

Her eyes shot open and she clutched at her chest as a strange, chilling pain filled it. She bit back a groan by clenching her teeth and her other hand clawed at her bed sheets. The pain grew worse as she began to feel colder and colder, the hand not holding her chest glowing lightly and causing small flakes of ice where they touched.

She sat up, her gown bonnet falling off, trying to tell herself the pain was a dream, but as she straightened up, the pain coursed through her body even harder. She grunted and tried to keep every sound to herself, but she finally let out word.

"Rayden..." she said in a small whisper. She turned to her side where Rayden's bed was supposed to be. She could see through the curtains and he wasn't in his bed. The pain was almost unbearable now. Her eyes darted through the room, but he was nowhere to be seen.   "Rayden." she called again.

Grabbing her robe, she slipped it on and staggered out of bed, looking for him.

Where are you? she said in her head desperately.

She fell to her knees as the pain shot her chest again, her body trembling from it. She kept quiet and crawled towards the door, knowing if she stayed here too long, she'd end up shouting and waking up her teammates. She got to the door and opened it only to fall back on the other side and lean on the wall. She let out a low grunt as she tried to rub her chest.

"Please go away," she said to the pain, but it remained there. It got so bad she lowered her face to the floor, clawing it with her nails. "Rayden, where are you...?"

Her voice was but a soft whisper, but to her it was a desperate call of help.

Please... she thought. ...be with me.

Last edited by vide1993 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Monarch   Rise of the Monarch - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Monarch
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next