RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber
Amber

Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Characters in this team event, consisting of five legs of mental struggle and combat readiness:

Solomon
Sclav
Tsuteto
Kirkka

Looking out either window, any of the passengers will be able to spot the so called Vale Arena after a relatively short trip, though "Arena" was a bit of a misnomer, based on the appearance of the place. It was a massive oval-shaped building, to be sure, but it was empty on the inside. At a glance, or even finer inspection, you would be rather unsure how you would be challenged here at all. After staring for a few seconds, a voice comes over the intercom of the ship. "Attention passengers. We will be arriving at the landing platform momentarily. When you step off the airship, please wait a few moments for the Arena representative to greet you and direct you to the starting point. Be careful, and please enjoy your stay here at the Vale Arena."

True to the word of the voice on the intercom, you touchdown on the platform only seconds after the message had ended. The doors of the airship stay closed for a moment though, perhaps unexpectedly.

Last edited by Amber on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Kirkka had been looking out the window with an unusually solemn demeanor for some time. Perhaps contemplating the mysteries of life? Or... not. So, all I have to do is win this contest thing? Hopefully these teammates will prove beneficial. I absolutely must win. At all costs. Curse Nathan for tricking me into this. If only he wasn't around at the time...

After a while, she turns around and listens to the announcement, before heading closer to the door, waiting patiently for it to open, still wrapped in her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:47 am

Tsuteto often wondered what his students got him into. One of them had brought a flyer out to him about this arena, saying he should do it. Unfortunately, he had to agree, since he kind of needed a bit of publicity, his weakness. With a heavy sigh about him, he had signed up for this as a random placement, and now found himself on a team of four.

With the ship landing, he started to walk towards the door, when he saw a woman already at the door, her fiery red hair a contrast from the neutral colors within this ship. Walking up to the door in full, he stood at her side, then asked, "Pardon the intrusion, but are you a part of the four person team for this arena?:
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:43 am

I wonder if I should have tried to just trick him into thinking I came here and gotten my prize through... other means. Maybe there's still time! Kirkka reaches to pull out her scroll, likely to send a message, when Tsuteto approaches her with a question. "That's right." She says simply, turning her head to greet Tsuteto with a polite smile on her face, and releasing her grasp on her scroll in its pocket. Hm. I suppose this event thing won't take to kindly to me dropping out... A brief moment passes before Kirkka nods her head slightly as she introduces herself. "Kirkka Scarlet. And you?"
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:09 am

"Tsuteto Dracman," he replied with a slight nod. As he raised his head, he looked at door and gave a sigh. "I certainly hope this whole thing doesn't take a long time. I didn't get a whole lot of details about what we're exactly doing at this arena." He raised his arms up, and with one hand, brushed a bit of his sleeve, ridding it of some slight dust. Looking at this ally, he then asked, "What about you? Any grand scheme unveiling?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 5:09 am

Grand scheme? What does he mean? Kirkka looks at the door after he does, wondering if he meant something about it. Back to Tsuteto, she is silent for a moment as she considers what he meant. "I am afraid I don't know what you mean by 'grand scheme'. But I do hope this doesn't take forever, as you say." The sooner my prize is in my hands, the better! She takes a step back from Tsuteto, then leans to look at the other two behind him. Perhaps we should all introduce ourselves before we get too far into this little party. Not wanting to be rude, she returns her attention to Tsuteto, maintaining a polite but faint smile.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:29 pm

"Sorry," he started, rubbing the back of his head. "I was just asking if you got any details as to what we're supposed to do here exactly. The flyer I was given by my student describe much." Reaching up, with the hand that had previously been scratching, he then knocked on the door, as if it would magically open after doing so.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:35 pm

"Ah, I see. I actually have no idea what this even is besides some sort of team event at this new 'Arena'. I was kind of tricked into coming here by my... friends." Kirkka's voice slowly becomes quieter as she finishes her sentence, almost trailing off, but she finishes it. Watching Tsuteto tap the door a few times, she looks around the cabin. They certainly are taking their time. Odd. "I wonder what's taking so long. Maybe they're unrolling a red carpet for us or something." Kirkka grins awkwardly, then drops it and returns to her now faint smile following a deep breath. Ugh. I'm going to turn into Nathan if I start making lame jokes. And nobody wants that. Except maybe Nathan...
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:38 pm

"I'm fine with that if the press gets my good side," Tsuteto joked back, a small grin curled on the right side of his lips, and a simple one time snicker escaping between them. His hand dropping back to his side, he then looked around. "I wonder where the other two of our team is."
Back to top Go down
Steven

Steven

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Solomon rounded the corner talking with Sclav, their height difference almost laughable."Brother, since we are unsure of the challenges ahead, I suggest we advance cautiously," he calmly spoke. Looking up he noticed two others standing by the door. "You two must be our partners," he concluded. "I am Solomon Munictor, a student at Beacon Academy," he continued as he bowed slightly. "What may we call you?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 7:05 pm

Students? Huh. I wonder how this will go, then. Not a big fan of this year's students. Savages and crazies everywhere... Kirkka leans slightly toward Tsuteto after Solomon's self introduction, whispering to him but not so quietly that Solomon couldn't hear. "Ask and ye shall recieve?" Standing back upright, she nods politely to Solomon. "I believe you're correct. I'm Kirkka Scarlet, and this is Tsuteto Dracman." She motions to him as she speaks his name. "We're waiting for them to let us out, but it appears they aren't ready or something."
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 7:34 pm

"She said it," Tsuteto chimed in, a small wave of the hand to her. "And your brother's name?" As long as names could be said, some form of teamwork may be possible in this. Random teams always presented an interesting challenge like that.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:11 am

By the looks on Sclav's face it was hard to tell whether or not he wanted to be here, his hands inside of his jacket pockets. The boy, obviously some sort of faunus, had reptilian eyes and scales scattered over his boy. More noticeable then that were the large chains hanging from his wrist and connected to the weapons at his hips. "I'm Sclav. Nice to meet you." he waved, giving a small smle of sharp teeth. "I guess we will be engaging in jolly cooperation." he said in a joking, somewhat sarcastic tone.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 11:23 am

As the competitors converse, the pilots are getting quit irritated with the out of date systems on the airship. The copilot finally gives in to irritation, and activates the intercom on the ship. "Attention passengers. We seem to be having some technical issues with the airship, but not to fret. If you look above the door you're no doubt standing by, you should see a lever that you can flip to open the door manually. We should have these issues sorted out before the return to the mainland, but please enjoy your stay all the same."
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Tsuteto gave a less than satisfactory sound at that announcement. "Really? Technical difficulties, and they couldn't even send someone else to do it?" Looking up, Tsuteto saw the lever they were talking about. Reaching up, he gave it a small flip, then waited once again for the doors.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:28 pm

Kirkka furrows her brow at the announcement, but says nothing when Tsuteto speaks. No sense in repeating what he said, since she agrees with him. She takes a step to the side as Tsuteto moves to open the door by way of the announcement's instructions, waiting patiently for the door to open. Fortunately, it wasn't some extremely slow moving door you had to wait for while fending off some evil force or something. The door opened relatively quickly and quietly, and Kirkka quickly took a step outside in front of Tsuteto, saying, " 'scuse me!" as she passes him.

Yay, outside! Was getting pretty tired of being inside that airship, even if the ride wasn't that long. Kirkka steps off to the side of the landing platform, stretching her arms upwardly as if she was been cooped up in that thing for days.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Sclav folded his arms, feeling as if he had been ignored. 'Then again, what did you expect?' he sighed to himself, watching the new teammates step outside. "How did you convince me to come out here, Solomon?" he asked his brother.
Back to top Go down
Steven

Steven

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Solomon kept his eyes forward as he spoke. "A good Hunter trains every chance he gets, even if it detracts from his off-time. We are no exceptions to this, brother." And this might give us the chance to kill some of those wretched Grimm, he added in his mind.  "Besides, I felt you could use the change of scenery," he quietly remarked. He motioned to the door. "Lead the way, if you wish."
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 10:29 am

Sclav sighed, giving Solomon a small smile and nodding. "Alright, let's go." he said to his brother, following the other two out and looking around. "And I like my old scenery!" Jokingly, he protested Solomon's remark.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 4:31 pm

A moment after everyone had disembarked from the airship, a bouncy young-ish woman with slightly frazzled hair comes running from a nearby doorway. "Right! Sorry, guys! I was in contact with the pilots of the airship and yeah... things went a little haywire! It seems fine now, though! So anyway... uhm, if you'd follow me, I can answer most of your questions, but I won't tell you what the challenges actually are!" She says quickly, turning around almost instantly after finishing and heading back towards the door she came from.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 12:45 am

Turning to face the woman as she approached, Kirkka stood by and listened to her brief and vague explanation of what was going on. Questions? I suppose I have some of those... She begins walking, following this new, excitable person. "I have a question. How long will this whole thing take?" After all, the sooner I finish, the sooner I get the prize... Her facial expression becomes lax briefly, as she is presumably imagining something awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:28 pm

Giving a scratch to his head, Tsuteto started to follow silently, keeping his thoughts to himself. Currently he was still trying to evaluate his team from this brief encounter. At the least the brothers should have some good synchronization together, thus make him and this woman to fit in to the mold. He could only hope for Kirkka to realize that, but with her question, that may not be the case.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Sclavs eyes darted around the area, unblinking. He still wasn't sure whether he wanted to be here or not, but there really was no going back now. "Uhm, I have a question, if that's alright." he spoke up. "Can you explain exactly what the challenges are like, at least? I've never even really seen anything like this."
Back to top Go down
Steven

Steven

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Solomon quietly took in his surroundings as he followed the odd woman. "To add on to my comrades questions, if you people can't get doors to function correctly, how can we be sure that these, uh, "challenges" will go smoothly?" he politely asked.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Bouncing in place with a very obvious smile on her face, Kaylee glances between the three that had asked questions, raising an arm to point at Solomon first. "First, yours. The airship having a technical issue has absolutely nothing to do with the Arena! Take that issue up with the manufacturer!" Briefly moving the same arm, she points at Sclav next. "I can't tell you all that much! You'll have some puzzles or mind games, and some combat!" Finally moving to point at Kirkka, she frowns for a moment. "Hummm... Well, the time it takes depends on you guys, really! Minimum of five or six hours, though!"

Glancing between the four of them, she patiently crosses her arms over her chest, smile back on her face. "Any further questions?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]   Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vale Arena - The first team. [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next