RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Closed] Beacon Guard Application.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Haboo90

Haboo90

[Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Empty
PostSubject: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:21 pm

It took him sometime but he found the office that he was told to go to for applying to the Beacon Guard. He enters the office, looks around to see a man at a desk, with a couple of doors behind him leading to different rooms. Arthur approaches the desked man (who he assumes is some kind of receptionist) and asks "I was informed this is the place to go regarding Beacon Guard applications?" He inquires when he reaches the man.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:53 pm

"Hmm? Oh, yes," the man looks up, then at the screen in front of him. "Hmm... Arthur King?"

He looks between the man and the screen a few times, smiling.

"Please, have a seat. Captain Autarch will see you shortly."

If was about fifteen minutes before the man looked up again.

"... Third door, please. First room on the left."

The door lead to a long, narrow hallway, with the fourth door being several yards down. Inside the room was a spartan desk, behind which sat a stern-faced, middle-aged man, in a Beacon Guard uniform, sans visor. He said nothing, merely staring at Arthur before gesturing to a chair in front of his desk.
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 6:16 am

Arthur nods at the man behind the desk and sit down on the chair, "Good afternoon" He says to (Who he assumes is Captain Autarch) He then takes a moment to look around the the room before meet his interviewers gaze. I wonder if this was the correct decision, too late now I guess I'm here.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 11:49 am

Captain Autarch merely regarded Arthur a moment more before his attention went the screen sitting on his desk. "Why are you here?"

A glance back at Arthur. His golden eyes, framed by greying black hair, locked onto Arthur's.

"... And don't say 'to be a beacon guard' like an idiot, or try to be cute by referencing temporal mechanics or the flux state of the universe like that last douchebag who was in here."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Arthur huffs and runs a hand through his hair before answering with; "Well, surely you have answered your own question there? But if I were pressed for an answer it would be that I cant be in the Beacon Guard without being in this room with you at the moment."

Mid way through that sentence Arthur realises it probably wasn't the best time to try and be a smartarse, but he'd already spoken the words by the time he realised he shouldn't have.

I'm an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 12:54 pm

The middle aged man said nothing for a good few minutes, simply staring at Arthur.

Finally, he spoke. "Give me your hand."

Autarch held out his own, open, palm up.
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:01 pm

This can only end badly for me. Arthur thinks, whilst he waits in silence, doing his best to maintain eye contact with the captain.

Autarch's voice startled him for a moment, but Arthur thought it best to comply with the captains orders and positions his hand over that of the captain.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:15 pm

For a man who looked like time had not been kind to him in his life, Autarch moved surprisingly fast, slapping the top of Arthur's hand with surprising force.

"Now try again. This time without being a smart-ass. Why are you here. Why do you want to join the Guard?"

Autarch leaned back in his chair, appraising gaze upon Arthur.

"Power? Prestige? Obligation? Think those stupid goddamn visors look 'cool' for some inexplicable reason?"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Thank you for asking the correct question. Arthur thought, as it was probably best for him not to say it out loud.

"Why do I want to join the guard? Mostly to stop my team mate , or soon to be ex-team mate I don't know that yet, from completely destroying the place and possibly killing one or many people. Because, I feel oddly obligated for keeping her in check whilst I am here." Arthur said, with slight malice in his voice.

Also yeah the visors are cool.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:44 am

Autarch stared at Arthur for a few more moments before typing in some things, looking at his screen. "Aoife Knight?"

Slowly, the greying man's golden eyes went back to the prospective applicant.

"She's presently sitting in lock-up. You're too late. She's likely to face expulsion in a disciplinary hearing."

His eyes went back to his screen.

"... Door's behind you, unless you have another reason."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:15 am

Balls. Now I have to make something else up.

"Good work captain, you got me, I only wanted to join the guard to help her escape, bravo." Arthur says, with clear sarcasm in his voice. "But tell me, why don't you want me in the guard? From the way I see it, Aoife wouldn't have done what she did if your guards weren't so incompetent." Arthur leans back in his chair and rests his hands on the back of his head.

This is not helping my cause whatsoever, but I've started this now, so I may as well finish it.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:26 am

"I didn't think you wanted to free her." Autarch looked into Arthur's eyes. "You wanted to be responsible for her. And now it's too late for that."

He leaned back in his chair, boots reaching his desk.

"You think I don't know I have a fair number of idiots under me? A lot of our number are recruited from Vale's police, and you know what shortbus cases they can be. Do you know what they did before arresting your teammate? ... They sat back and watched another student beat her into the dirt, because they were angry she tried to kill them."

He reached into his desk, pulled out a bottle of whiskey and two shot glasses, and filled both of them.

"Are you eighteen? Nevermind, don't answer that, I don't need to know." Sitting up and taking one of the glasses, Autarch downed it in a flash. "If my own fragging guards won't keep order, why the hell should I? I strongly suspect some of them have been up to things I haven't even found out about yet."

He leaned back again, his own hands behind his own head.

"... So it's not a matter of not wanting you in the guard, kid. It's a matter of making sure our idiot count stays as low as possible." He gestured again at the whiskey. "And you seem to have a decent head on your shoulders... Even if you're a bit of a smart ass..."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:43 am

Arthur assumes the other glass is for him, so he takes it and copies Autarch Arthur tries his best not to make a ridiculous face as he takes the drink.

"What you need, is someone to watch over these guards and make sure they're doing their job properly. The way I see it is that they're obviously a real pain in the arse for you and everyone else in charge around here." Arthur leans back again and crosses his legs.

"Now, I'm not saying anything because you're clearly a smart man and you know what goes on around here, and I'm sure you want to do something about that because it would make your life much easier and I'd be happy to help." Arthur looks the captain in the eye, and offer him a charming a smile as Arthur can give.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.    [Closed] Beacon Guard Application.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Closed] Beacon Guard Application.
Page 1 of 1