RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]

Go down 
+6
eyeblaster3
Ketchum
Kaliot
Kalmora
Amber
Cheshire Schrodinger
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Empty
PostSubject: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:26 pm

First of all a few questions. Are the heads of the plot able to invoke monster spawns? Like say after a character's action I decide it's the appropriate moment for a Beowolf to show up. Is that allowed? If not how about field obstacles? Like say a rock slide or the appearance of fog. Generally speaking am I allowed to set up the situation and setting?

Putting that aside, here is a story line I had thought up that I thought would be interesting to try out.

Intro:
Man who was born from dust was strong, wise, and resourceful. His ingenuity led him to the tools able to fight the darkness and bring light to the world. His wisdom though was his. The same was not able to be said of his sons and their sons after them. The sons of man who was born from dust were strong but possessed a shameful ego. Nature's wrath in their hands and the tools to combat the darkness itself, the sons of man thought nothing of fear or mortality and became fools. Fueled by overconfidence, the sons of man banded as one  to reach for a power beyond man and attempted to reach the realm of man's creator. Together they constructed a tower that would be taller then any peak and reach impossible heights. This construct would reach the world beyond their own and promised them the powers of gods. This structure would become the gate to god and thus was named the Tower of Babel. The sons of man banded as one and built this tower. It had appeared that the sons of man would succeed, but ultimately their pride became their downfall. Nature itself brought its anger upon the tower long before its completion and toppled it to ashes. The sons of man were then punished for as the grief of failure befall on them, the sons of man turned against each other in anger. It was then that mankind had broken apart, no longer able to unite as one, to walk alongside another as brothers. Divided by the winds, the creatures of Grimm attacked the sons of man. Separated from one another, the sons of man found that their power had abandoned them and they were weak once again. For the first time, mankind remembered once again fear and mortality. Even so, mankind remained divided and weak for they not only had to fight the creatures of Grimm but also their fellow man. This was their punishment. Their reminder of this was the toppled rubble of their pride. Where the tower had once stood, the creatures of Grimm now swarm in endless hordes. Mankind can no longer approach the gate to the gods and the gate itself remained closed for eternity. But one day at the site where the tower once stood, as if appearing over night, a mountain of obsidian stone stood where the tower once was. The mountain was so high that it disappeared pass the clouds and into the skies above. The creatures of Grimm slowly climb this mountain made through unknown means. Most fail to reach anywhere near the top and died of exhaustion or hunger, but those who continue to climb possess greater strength then ever known and those who rise closest to the skies possessed powers beyond that. This mountain made from the darkness reached toward the world beyond. The darkness climbed the mountain, striving to bring its darkness to the realm of the gods. If they succeed, man will surely fall under the wrath of a grim god. The mountain was then known as The Tower of Grimm

Story:
After a century following the Tower or Grimm's appearance, Cheshire Schrodinger (me) came upon the story one day during his studies. Reading from a book written by famous hunter and writer Goetia, Cheshire discovered a special coding hidden within the pages. Deciphering the hidden message he discovered many foreboding secrets. One was the location of a special ring possessing a unique dust crystal. Crafted and possessed by the hunter and scholar Solomon Kingsely, it is said the ring allowed him to both speak and see into the minds of the creatures of Grimm. The very same ring led him to the discovery of the Grimm's dark secret. It spoke of a terrifying power located at the highest point of the Tower of Grimm. The exact identity of this power was not mentioned. It only said that if the Creatures of Grimm were to succeed in taking this power themselves, then the light will disappear forever and mankind will fall into the abyss. Cheshire thought of taking this to higher seats but realized that all attempts to send men to the Tower of Grimm resulted in failure. Taking it upon himself he calculated the best plan he could muster. Considering the operation, multiple hunters and huntresses were demanded to be able to combat the many Grimm that stood in the way. Too many though would only burden the mission. The best number to bring would be eight. With him already included, he now seeks the aid of seven other people. He is though very low socially and knows little to nobody.

*sitting in the library, his books laid out all over the table in front of him, Cheshire sat up straight with crossed arms staring at the many texts of operation strategies, tactical plans, Grimm studies and autonomy, and of course the book written by Goetia*

"Where the heck am I going to find seven capable people to go into a near suicidal mission with me?"

Looking for anyone and anybody to join in on this story. It promises to be long going and will definitely promise combat opportunities.

Dungeon Master: Cheshire Shadow

Slots:
1. Cheshire Schrodinger
2. Kalmora Horizont
3. Walter Dean
4. Caihn Lunarion
5. Tsuteto Dracman
6. Aeden
7. Ron Rouge
8. Chiu Fong Wong

Last edited by Cheshire Schrodinger on Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:00 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:34 pm

In any of your threads, you can control NPCs, enemies, and world setting. You're also given limited control over other players, but only so much to advance the plot. For example, you can have them move from a dock to a hotel, so long as no actions they can't avoid happen while traveling.
Back to top Go down
Kalmora

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:13 am

Kalmora Horizont would be keen to join in an adventure like this. With his families tainted past, and his desire to forge a new legacy,and a new history for his family name. This type of quest would certainly be up his ally. Although I'm not sure how useful he'll be. Not even being a Beacon-student yet. He's not anywhere near the skill level of an actual Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:19 am

Date of occurrence?
Back to top Go down
Ketchum

Ketchum

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 am

Walter Dean.
Back to top Go down
http://bladeoftheninjav2.forumotion.com/
eyeblaster3

eyeblaster3

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 10:41 am

I'd like to sign up with Caihn Lunarion.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:15 am

Kaliot wrote:
Date of occurrence?
Does the date particularly matter in this sort of scenario? If you insist then a month before the Summer Solstice.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:38 pm

Sure, why not. Tsuteto Dracman will attend this expedition.
Back to top Go down
Kalmora

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 1:42 pm

Cheshire Schrodinger wrote:
Kaliot wrote:
Date of occurrence?
Does the date particularly matter in this sort of scenario? If you insist then a month before the Summer Solstice.
He's asking for Timeline-purposes I believe Cheshire.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Kalmora wrote:
Cheshire Schrodinger wrote:
Kaliot wrote:
Date of occurrence?
He's asking for Timeline-purposes I believe Cheshire.
Well in that case I'm not 100% sure how to answer that. I don't know about how to give an actual year considering I'm not even sure what year RWBY takes place generally. I guess to generalize, modern times. My weapon is basically a semi-classic like Prof. Port's musket axe which is a good bit pass the classic generation of basic sword and shields. This occurs during a time where it is considered a semi-classic so about a generation after Prof. Port and Ozpin's?
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:50 am

Prof. Port and Ozpin exist during the timeline of this game. A jump a generation ahead is perfectly fine once approved, but every character taking part has to be a generation older as well, Cheshire....

As for year, that doesn't really matter. Think of this RP as an alternate universe that is open for interpretation.

Anyways, I'm interested, but one thing - if you're putting a limit on character (Your Cool....well, the plot isn't open, then, is it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 7:22 am

JL wrote:
Prof. Port and Ozpin exist during the timeline of this game. A jump a generation ahead is perfectly fine once approved, but every character taking part has to be a generation older as well, Cheshire....

As for year, that doesn't really matter. Think of this RP as an alternate universe that is open for interpretation.

Anyways, I'm interested, but one thing - if you're putting a limit on character (Your Cool....well, the plot isn't open, then, is it?
I don't see why that is needed, whatever is the current generation doesn't effect your age. Just because you exist after a generation of weapon is considered a classic doesn't mean you yourself had to have been born during that generation and are a veteran middle-aged hunter. The RWBY crew are still in their teens and are one generation under OGOP's prime.

It's "opened" to limited recruitment just like most other plots and will close after enough players are recruited. If you're interested then please tell me which character you are submitting.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 2:49 am

I'm signing Aeden up this looks really fun.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Ron Rouge is signed up.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 10:57 pm

And the adventure begins~ NOW!

*After a week of research and planning, Cheshire has recruited what he thought would be seven best (or just most likely bored enough to follow him) both from in and outside of Beacon. He waits at the meeting point at Beacon Cliff. His bag of supplies and books sits on the side, He stands at the cliff edge facing the horizon as he waits for others to come. His ears are perked waiting for any sign of anyone approaching.*

Cheshire: ..... I wonder who will come first....
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:05 pm

((Do we just start here?))
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:28 am

((Ches, this is just the sign-up thread. At least that's how every other Plot has gone. I suggest making a thread in Vale titled "Journey Up the Tower of Grimm [Plot]" and we'll start from there.))
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:32 am

((Is that how it works around here? Most of the other sites I've gone to just start on the same thread. Well thanks for the info))
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:01 am

Right. so NOW the plot is open. The link to the official thread is here https://rwby-rpg.rpg-board.net/t517-journey-to-the-tower-of-grimm-plot#18560
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]   Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey Up The Tower of Grimm [Plot]
Page 1 of 1