RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

More Teachers

Go down 
+2
Kaliot
Queso
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Queso

More Teachers Empty
PostSubject: More Teachers   More Teachers Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:34 pm

Despite Beacon academy being one of the main focuses of the RWBY show, very little teaching actually goes on IC, I believe this is due to the fact that teacher characters are limited to the moderator team, to increase the amount of teachers on here, I suggest choosing a handful of members who can also make teachers, like "Professor Minions" or something, this would increase the amount of role play based around the student aspect of the RWBYverse, which would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

More Teachers Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Teachers   More Teachers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:29 am

I don't think the main problem is the number of mods (assuming mods aren't just being lazy :p). I believe the main problem is what to teach. Sure, there are weapons, armor, fighting, crafting, survival, etc. classes, but eventually ideas will just repeat and things will get dull. Heck, we still don't know much about the world to begin with. There is also the fact that there is no real incentive to go to class. Even if there was fighting during every class, it would eventually get dull as I said before. Of course, the same students would not likely sign up for the same class again, but eventually it will run dry unless the professors is creative enough to keep it going. There is not really anything to be gained or lost by going to, or not going to, lessons (outside of RP points). For there to be lessons, I believe that there would have to be some sort of reward to go along with it (or consequence if someone doesn't attend). With some sort of stat system, it could be possible to hand out a point or two of a stat per lesson depending on the class. Forcing people to participate is bad obviously, but as long as it's not the same old stuff every class then it should be fine.

If, however, the mods are just being lazy, then I support the addition of anyone who is actually interested in becoming a professor.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

More Teachers Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Teachers   More Teachers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 5:29 am

I feel the need for more classroom like interactions that don't depend too much on NPC's. This actually sounds promising.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

More Teachers Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Teachers   More Teachers Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:05 pm

Make a list of teacher spots available that people can register for, that'd be good. But like Kaliot said, the issue is what to do in classes and what the list of classes may be.

But it'd still be good to have less student characters, as that's literally 95% of characters on the site.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

More Teachers Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Teachers   More Teachers Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:01 pm

So, when do you think all of those ideas for professors will start getting approved? I want to either get mine declined or do a class already. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Teachers Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Teachers   More Teachers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Teachers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: News :: Suggestions/Complaints-
Jump to: