RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rush9455

Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Empty
PostSubject: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:11 pm

(The 29th day of the Third month)

Austin was tired. The airship ride to Vale from Vecchia was less than comfortable. He was done watching racist jackasses trying to bend every single rule to make other faunus pay more for less service. But it was the only way any of them could get to Vale. He was tired of having to hide his ears to avoid detection and discrimination. But it had to be done. He was tired of listening to news reports about the white fang. It’s guys like those who make the rest of us look bad, thought the grey wolf as he listened to the report, waiting for the long trip to be over.

Austin let out a sigh of relief when the pilot of the airship stated that they would be landing shortly.

“Thank you for choosing Remnant Airlines. We hope you enjoyed the flight.”

Thank you for nothing. I hope you go bankrupt. Austin thought, rolling his eyes. The rest of Vale had better not be anything like this.

The airship eventually docked, and the trip through customs didn’t take long. Austin left the docking station as quickly as he could. Once he was out, he checked his bags for the Dancing Lights, relieved to find that they were untouched. Austin then sheathed the blades, and began searching for a place to stay. He had arrived a full week before the date requested, as it would be better to get to know the city he would be living in for the next four years. The next four years… these will either be the best moments of my life or the worst. Sighing, the grey wolf made his way down the hotel district. With luck, the next week wouldn’t be a disaster.
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 5:35 pm

Quiet, nearly silent footsteps would sound as a certain, hooded figure glided through the streets of the kingdom. Ashen locks would sway madly as the air rushed past his face within his sprint; the chains upon his vest, jeans, and blade (which was slung over the right shoulder) would mimic a similar, more swinging action. Faunus auds of his would remain veiled over by both his hat and hood alike, sealing his artificial 'attributes' from the naked eye as he dashed along. As the minutes increased he would progress on with a gradually-growing speed, frosty, azure voids of his narrowing even further than they normally were behind the lenses of his currently-darkened lenses.

Careful, yet swift steps would be taken around the crowd of citizens around him as he moved against their current, heading in the opposing direction. Eventually he would catch sight of a 'staircase' of sorts, created by none other than a set of unstable boxes and crates that rose in elevation from the ground. Without much hesitation he ran over while in ignorance of those who glanced at him during this, soon finding the hotel-bound chap within his path. Eyes narrowing one last time, yet again even further than they normally were so, the crossbreed immediately brought himself to a dead stop, his hood flying off his head and revealing the hat laid atop as he did so. One step further, and the swordsman more than likely would have crashed head-first into the other.

A long, silent sigh escaped the boy's lips as he looked at the ground briefly, sliding the headphones that lay atop his hat and over his human ears down and around his neck. Looking up, he would send the one before him a glance that held perhaps the slightest apologetic feel. "Er...sorry for getting in your way," he said, gazing at the one before him while speaking.

Aha...so much for stepping up those crates and onto the rooftops... would come the thought, soon after speaking what he did.
Back to top Go down
http://whisperthechosen.deviantart.com/
Rush9455

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Austin quizzically raised an eyebrow as the teenager standing in front of him spoke. Well. Haven’t been in Vale for even an hour and I almost get steamrolled by an… Austin paused mid thought to look the teenager over, noting the weapon. An armed parkour artist. Fantastic. ”It’s fine. I’d advise using more stable objects as a makeshift staircase in the future, though.” Austin paused again, then asked, ”Do you know any nice hotels around here? I just got here from Vecchia, and I have a week before I start at Beacon.”
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 8:43 pm

Silence would overcome the teen at the other's speech, his expression remaining emotionless as he simply looked at the boy standing in front of him. Glancing over at the variety of crates and boxes afar, the crossbreed lifted a hand, grasping the bill of his hat and taking it off. In the process, both nicked, Tasmanian Devil auds of his would unveil, pinning backward against the skull as he gave a low sigh. "So long as I get a good foot placement on a surface and the situation isn't dire, I could really care less about whether or not an object is stable or not. With a good position, it never really matters because I've done stuff like this for so long. But, Hell...in casual situations, the more unstable something is the better. It lets me practice my reflexes and shit..." the hybrid responded, strapping his head wear upon one of the several chains hanging from his jeans while doing so.

Breathing deeply for a second time, the ashen-locked swordsman would shake his head, directing his full focus upon the seemingly new arrival to the kingdom. "Anyways...sure. Follow me, I guess," he would say afterwards, turning heel and facing himself in the direction matching to the way that those around him were headed. He began to walk through the crowd yet again, though kept his stride slower than the usual pace in order for this newcomer to keep up, especially through the ongoing sea of citizens bustling about. "So," he began, his tone normally monotone (as it was when he first met someone), "you're gonna attend Beacon?"
Back to top Go down
Rush9455

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Tiru looked up at the other teenager as he replaced his hat, taking note of the pair of Tasmanian Devil ears resting on the teen's head. This guy has to keep his ears hidden, too? I don't have high hopes for this place. Allowing for his own pair of wolf ears to flick up a bit from his mess of silver hair, Tiru shrugged before following the teenager, weaving through pedestrian traffic despite the two bags he was carrying. "I wouldn't travel all the way from Vecchia just to see what Vale is like, so yes. Yes I am." This guy ain't much of a talker, is he. Shrugging again, Tiru followed the other teenager down the busy street.

The walk was somewhat awkward, as Tiru had no idea how to react to the other teenager. Eventually, the lack of conversation had gotten to the grey wolf, and he spoke up. ”So… Ya got a name or what?
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 6:51 pm

"Eh?" While glancing over his shoulder once more, the crossbreed continued walking along, flawlessly skimming through the crowd despite his gaze being focused onto other matters. "Ah. Haven Kyoujii. Probably should've started off with introductions and all," he would respond, shifting azure orbs toward the scenery toward the path in front of him immediately afterwards. He would have offered the one he was guiding along the Vytal streets a handshake at his little introduction, though he decided to slide that off until later, for it was probably best not to cause any more traffic within the active lanes of the kingdom. "So, what's your calling?" would come the replying inquiry, not too long as the swordsman began leading his new acquaintance around the corner of a building, and into yet another section of the streets of Vale.
Back to top Go down
Rush9455

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:59 pm

Austin nodded before replying, wary of the passing civilian traffic and attempting to move through the crowd as he spoke. "The name is Austin Tiru." Silence fell upon the two again as they continued down the street. Eventually, Tiru spoke up again. "So... This hotel. Is it friendly toward faunus?"
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Blinking at Austin's inquiry, the crossbreed slowed his stride even more so, though continued to weave through the sea of civilians scattered around him. Azure voids would lock upon the hybrid alongside him, giving him a reassuring glance over the shoulder. "Unless the hotel picked up some douchebags for new employees recently, they should be," he gave in reply, directing his gaze toward the constantly-changing paths laid before him. "Save for the occasional person or group, I myself have found Vale friendly toward Faunus...for the most part, at least." A small laugh escaped the lad's lips, and he shook his head softly. "If you're the type who's paranoid about Faunus discrimination, don't worry too much. This district should be safe and, as far as I know so far, Beacon should be also."
Back to top Go down
Rush9455

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 9:09 pm

"Good. Good." said Tiru before shifting one of his bags and drawing Aurora, looking at the Tiru Storm insignia emblazoned on the Dancing Light. "Yeah... Racism has always been a problem with me. I just don't get it. Most faunus are as good, if not better than most humans. Why are we always pegged as inferior?" The grey wolf then sighed and shook his head, following closely behind the other man as they navigated through the civilian traffic. He turned his head as they passed by an electronics store with various TVs on display, all showing the same news report about the White Fang. "They're more of a problem out here than in Vecchia, aren't they."
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 pm

"Most, yeah. I mean...I'd hope to think so. I'm not completely biased and all since I haven't been a full-fledged Faunus for my entire life, but I still despise people who think humans are superior to Faunus. It's just...God, it screams with injustice," the crossbreed muttered, giving a low sigh. He lifted a hand, lightly scratching the back of his head while bringing himself to a slow stop in the clearing, briefly taking a moment to assess where they were. The sight of a somewhat large building caught his eye. Eh...just a bit further...

Nodding to himself as he registered the current location, the ashen swordsman stepped forward once more, this time taking a stride eastbound. "Eh...I'm pretty sure they're a problem just about anywhere, honestly..."
Back to top Go down
Rush9455

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 12:09 am

Tiru sighed, shaking his head. "It's guys like those that make the rest of us look bad. Sooner or later people are going to assume that the faunus as a whole are trying to kill off the humans..." Tiru then stopped himself, trying to avoid delving deeper into the issue of the White Fang. As they continued, Tiru looked back at the Aurora Dancing Light, watching the shimmering teal blade. "Just out of curiosity, are you familiar with Libra Dust Defence Systems and Libra Dust Weapons Systems?"
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:06 am

"Not in the least." These words were spoken without hesitation, and Haven seemed to bother not with looking over at the following lad as he brought this reply. He simply kept walking along, his eyes locked onto the main building in which he had selected as his destination as it began getting larger and larger with each step closer. "I'd always be open to some enlightenment, though...if you're willing to spill a few facts yourself. If you don't wanna bother with explaining shit, then I understand.."
Back to top Go down
Rush9455

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Tiru smirked. "I guess Libra isn't as popular here as it is in Vecchia. Anyway, LDDS and LDWS make defense and weapon systems, respectively. My family has... Very close ties to LDDS, and they supplied the tech and materials I used to make the Dancing Lights..." The grey wolf paused a sec, twirling Aurora in his hand before deactivating and sheathing it before continuing. "Unfortunately, LDDS and it's sister branch, LDWS, had a falling out before I was sent to Vale. I just hope Metrada doesn't get torn to shit by the time I get back..." Austin shook his head, continuing to follow the other teen. He looked over his shoulder and followed his gaze, spotting the building. "I take it we don't have much further to go?"
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:05 pm

"Ahh, the weaponry business..." the blue-eyed beast would mutter, looking over his shoulder yet again and at the other's weapon all the while. "Sucks that they're on rough terms right now. I hope that things are better by the time you visit again, too," he would add, sending the neighboring chap a faint grin before sighing and averting his attention back to the building afar. Nodding after the action, the hybrid would continue several more yards onward. "Yeah. The hotel's right there, and all. Like I said, you shouldn't have to worry about anything related to Faunus discrimination but, if shit does go down, I'd be happy to send the people involved outta whack." These words would be spoken with a grin of amusement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)   Calm Before the Storm (OPEN) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calm Before the Storm (OPEN)
Page 1 of 1