RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A gameshow to die for. [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Empty
PostSubject: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:49 pm

A suited figure sat in a leather chair as he adjusted the name-tag on his chest that read nothing more than "The Host". The strangely colored suit was purple and silly-looking and did not match the wearer's elegant and calm face. From a glance the man was no more than thirty years of age and he seemed to have only a small amount of muscle on his body. His face seemed to have a small scar on his right cheek and a small goatee that went well with his brown eyes.

After a moment he stood from his chair and moved past a curtain to be instantly focused on by several spotlights inside the building but soon lost interest in him after a moment. He saw a rather small stage with a single podium and a microphone and quickly made his way over to the podium. The rest of the building seemed to be plain and unfurnished with the exception of the constantly moving spotlights that were the only source of light in the room.

Across the building was a single door with two guards wearing full riot gear standing on the other side of the door and outside of the building.

"Y'know why are we even standing outside this damn warehouse?" the smaller guard spoke to the taller.

"Because we are supposed to make sure only those selected by "Mr.Host" enter...wish he would tell us his damn name"
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Eleonore approaches the warehouse with a faint grin. The first thing that catches her eyes are the guards. Her grin grows. The black haired girl wasn't here for the fame or money, she just wanted to have fun, and this certainly sounded like a lot of fun. She comes closer to the guards, and begins to pull out the note. She assumed that since the note had said four people in particular, she should show some proof that she had been one of the chosen ones. Chosen ones, she chuckles quietly to herself. How silly that sounded.

"Hey there. This is where the game is being hosted, right?" Eleonore asks while holding up the note and watching them. Her eyes run over the warehouse quickly, and she notices how dimly lit it is. Creepy and dark, She thinks to herself. Cool.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Normally, Blaise would be stalking Beacon for someone to spar in the arena, because she literally has nothing better to do, but today was a very special day for the fox girl. Today was the day she went on some game show she lazily registered for a while ago, never really thinking she'd actually get on it. But luckily for her, or unfortunately depending on how you looked at it, she was told that she was chosen to be on the show. Joy.

Blaise approached the warehouse, a smile present on her face as she walked up behind to the guards, standing just behind the other girl as she looked over her shoulder at the two men.

"I'm here for the game too." she said as she pulled out her note. "This is where the game is, yeah?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:27 pm

Fionn walked towards the warehouse in a state that was new to him, sober.
After the fiasco involving his fathers kidnapping and the "opportunity" he took to exact revenge on the creepy old man that was Jean Macgorm he had decided to go easier on the drink to try and bring himself back to being somewhat of a normal person (The last time this had been true being seven years prior)

He had received the letter in a strange way, he had gone to his "jobs" drop off point when the "cashier" handed him a letter, saying it had been delivered to them the hour prior by a man in a black suit.

Fionn walked to the warehouse and took a good look at it, he had already figured out somewhat of what was going to happen on his own but still felt compelled to go on with it, maybe out of a death wish maybe out of needing something better than drinking to take the edge off.
He walked inside, noticed Blaise, and realized it was probably the death wish he wanted
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Yew had been wandering around town for a while. She knew she had the tendency to get lost in Vale, but this was pretty ridiculous.
She had the note with the address in one hand, and a note with instructions on another.
"It's gotta be around here somewhere." She muttered to herself.
Looking between the two notes, she was unaware of her surroundings.
Her foot lodged into a crack in the floor, aaaand trip. She fell right in between a guy, two girls and a couple of security guards.
"I take it I'm in the right place? Hehe" She asked, shyly.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 9:46 pm

The two guards looked over the small crew of people with a pleasant smile and casual wave.
"Righto, y'all seem to check out" The taller guard spoke as he opened the door for the group.
As the group entered the warehouse the smaller guard punched the taller one on the shoulder "This is Richard and I'm John, good luck in there!" He waved back to the group as the moved forward into darkness and the door closed behind them.

There was nothing but silence for thirty seconds before the spotlights all focused on the group at once and assaulted their eyes with bright light "Welcome and glad to see you could make it! Yew Carwen, Blaise Lorelei, Fionn Macgorm, Eleonore Cleo. I am excited to see what your performances will be...Now if you look to the table beside you, you will notice that there is a set of four metal armbands. These are nothing more then something to keep your score and ensure you follow the rules by deducting points when necessary!"

The metal armbands seemed to have been custom made for each of the people and had a small name-tag attached to each of them. There was also a digital display that had "0000" on the display.

"Please feel free to voice any questions or concerns before we begin!" The host was rather cheerful and full of life at the moment but put off a calming and trustworthy aura around him.
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:50 pm

Eleonore glanced at the metal armbands, then around the room. The host seemed to be nowhere in sight, so she decided to just throw her question out there. "Sooo, what exactly are the rules?" Eleonore rubbed the back of her head, her tail freely twirling behind her. Her cat ears stood erect with excitement on top of her head, and there was a faint grin on her face. As she spoke, she made her way over to the table. She selected the armband that had the name 'Eleonore Cleo'.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 1:34 am

Yew took her armband and put it on.
"Yeah, and also, what kind of games or whatever are we gonna be participating in? The note didn't really say too much."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 pm

Fionn took the armband off of the table and with a bit of trouble slipped it over his gloves and under his jacket sleeve as he waited for something to happen. "And why is the strongest fighter in Vale here?" He said pointing to Blaise, irony in his voice obvious

Last edited by snaketicus on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Blaise flicked Fionn in the back of the head. "I'm not the strongest fighter in Vale. Stop over hyping me just because I kicked your ass." she said as she picked up the last remaining band. "No questions other than what are the rules." she said out loud as she side glanced at Fionn. Their last fight was quite easy for her, and she was sure it would go similarly. Assuming they were pitted against each other, that is.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:14 pm

The suited man pointed to Blaise and Eleonore with a wide grin on his face. "AH! There is the question I have been waiting for! The rules of the game are simple. Upon the start of each round there will be special instructions which you must follow to gain points for the tasks which you perform..call them...modifiers if you will. You must also stay within this building and remain in sight. More rules may be added as the game progresses."

The smile on his face remained as he shifted his attention over to Yew "Glad you asked! If you all hadn't noticed. You are all fighters...this was no mere accident I assure you, you will be fighting for your prizes and if nobody has any more concerns I ask that you please call out that you are ready to begin"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Yew looked at the other three contestants.
'Does that mean I'm fighting them? Or with them?'
"Uhh, I guess I'm ready..." She sputtered out, nervously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Fionn sighed, took the flask out of his jacket and stared at it for a few seconds, before putting it back into his coat (Cue generic applause track).
He cracked his fingers and put his hand on Oberursels handle, ready for, well not really anything, he hadn't been feeling his usual upbeat self lately, so all he could really do is say ready to get this whole thing over with. "Just start the game so i can die the way i always wanted to" Fionn said nodding to the three girls, trying to act like he was feeling upbeat by making a sexist and only kind of funny joke
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:21 am

Eleonore hummed gleefully, though she shot Fionn a glare. She didn't exactly appreciate sexist jokes. But her mood almost instantly shifted again. Her tail stood tall behind her, swaying slightly in excitement. There was a big grin plastered on her face. This'll be fun...

"Ready when you guys are," Ellie stated happily, playing a little with the armband around her upper-arm.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:55 am

Blaise smiled, looking at the three around her. One of these people she was familiar with, the other two not so much. She hoped they'd prove at least somewhat interesting to fight against. Or with, depending on how this would go. Blaise rolled up the sleeves of her long coat a bit to put on the band that she had chosen, before pulling them back down and cracking her knuckles. "Come on, let's hurry up and get this started already!" Blaise said, taking a deep, focused breath as she stood at the ready.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 8:34 pm

The suited man gave a small delighted chuckle and flung his arms wide beside him as if he were some sort of grand figure. "Glad to see that this group is MUCH more enthusiastic than the last group and I surely hope that you put on a better show than they did!" The man then brought his arms back to his body and crossed them against his chest. "Now! Without further ado let us begin! You are all hunters or fighters to some degree correct? Then I doubt this first "challenge" will be much of a suprise!" With that the man and all of the spotlights focused on the wall farthest from the "contestants" for a moment before a door that seemed to blend into the wall burst open and a small pack of beowolves seemed to be held inside the small room. If one were to count there were around 4 beowolves in the room, each had been outfitted with a few pieces of armor that covered the wolves neck, forearms and stomach. "Take my word for it. Tying these guys down to put the armor on was NOT easy...we may have lost an intern in the process".

The wolves had spotted the four nearly instantly and flooded from the small room rather quickly. The four had chosen one of the fighters each to make it a one on one battle to the death. Each of the wolves slowly began forming a semi-circle around the group giving them enough time to prepare before all of them burst into motion at once.

The wolf that was after Yew dashed forward in a flurry of claws and slashed wildly as the air as it ran forward.

The beowolf that had set it's sights on Fionn simply sprinted forward until it was within range before lunging forward with snapping jaws toward the boy's neck.

Eleonore's wolf simply ran forward toward the girl before it ducked low and attempted a low swipe to the ankles.

The wolf that had targeted Blaise actually waited for a moment and continued to circle around the girl.

The spotlights had moved while the wolves were circling to illuminate the battle field to keep both the wolves and the other contestants in view and if one were to look at these wolves one might notice that they seemed more muscular than the average wolf somehow.

((Note: all of these attacks are assuming the approach was not interrupted by a ranged attack.))
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 11:49 pm

Yew pulled out Flayed Terror, sword and whip form.
'We're diving right in?'
She gave the Beowolf a flick of the whip, aiming to restrain it.
If that succeeded, she would aim to jam her blade into it's brain through the jaw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:18 am

Fionn sighed as he witnessed the release of the grimm into the arena. "Really, beowulves?" He thought before dodging the attacking beasts lunge with ease and releasing Oberursel from his back, swinging it at the wolf with enough strength to rip through two walls, whilst electrifying the blade to ensure even a miss would still damage the creature.
"I mean, i have being fighting these things since i was 15!"
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:20 am

Eleonore laughed lightly at the beowolf that was running at her. Why did she have to get the lame and stupid ones? Biting her lower lip, she swiftly grabbed Falsus Sanguis - her weapon - from her back. There was still good distance between her and the beowolf. With practiced hands, she quickly turned her sword into a crossbow, and grabbed a regular crossbow arrow from her quivers. Loading it up, her eyes narrowed and with precise aiming, she shot. If it were to miss, she would use the inner part of the limb to knock it away, at the least.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:35 pm

Blaise smiled as she watched the beowolves be released into the arena. They would be a good warm up for her, let her get her blood pumping before the real challenges came along. Assuming this place had a real challenge. It was a smart move for the wolf to not attack her directly, as that would have ended poorly. For the beowolf, that is. Not her.

A smile formed on her lips as she took a long, deep, focused breath, exhaling for a few seconds as she activated her semblance. Her aura became visible around her as she felt the energy flow through her. Other than that, she didn't make a move at all. She'd wait for the wolf to do that. For now, Blaise crossed her arms and stared down the wolf, casually standing there as she waited for it to make it's move.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 1:55 pm

The suited man watched with interest as he appeared to be gather data or analyzing something as he wrote notes on a small notepad. The fighting seemed to amuse him yet other than the notepad he stood in place and watched the group in silence.

Yew Carwen wrote:
Yew pulled out Flayed Terror, sword and whip form.
'We're diving right in?'
She gave the Beowolf a flick of the whip, aiming to restrain it.
If that succeeded, she would aim to jam her blade into it's brain through the jaw.

The whip hit it's mark and wrapped itself around the wolf stopping it from moving before Yew's blade pierced the bottom jaw of the wolf. The wolf gave a yelp of pain before the blade reached it's brain and soon afterwards crimson liquid began leaking from the wound onto the sword.

Eleonore Cleo wrote:
Eleonore laughed lightly at the beowolf that was running at her. Why did she have to get the lame and stupid ones? Biting her lower lip, she swiftly grabbed Falsus Sanguis - her weapon - from her back. There was still good distance between her and the beowolf. With practiced hands, she quickly turned her sword into a crossbow, and grabbed a regular crossbow arrow from her quivers. Loading it up, her eyes narrowed and with precise aiming, she shot. If it were to miss, she would use the inner part of the limb to knock it away, at the least.

The arrow whizzed trough the air and sped toward the upcoming beowolf. Eleonore's pinpoint aim was right on the spot as the bolt pierced skin and skull and impaled the beast's brain on it's length. As the wolf fell to the ground dying it seemed to keep it's eyes on Blaise's opponent, despite having it's brain stuck on an arrow.

Blause Lorelei wrote:
Blaise smiled as she watched the beowolves be released into the arena. They would be a good warm up for her, let her get her blood pumping before the real challenges came along. Assuming this place had a real challenge. It was a smart move for the wolf to not attack her directly, as that would have ended poorly. For the beowolf, that is. Not her.

A smile formed on her lips as she took a long, deep, focused breath, exhaling for a few seconds as she activated her semblance. Her aura became visible around her as she felt the energy flow through her. Other than that, she didn't make a move at all. She'd wait for the wolf to do that. For now, Blaise crossed her arms and stared down the wolf, casually standing there as she waited for it to make it's move.

Blaise's opponent remained in place yet upon closer inspection, one would notice several "lumps" under the wolves armor.

Fionn Macgorm wrote:
Fionn sighed as he witnessed the release of the grimm into the arena. "Really, beowulves?" He thought before dodging the attacking beasts lunge with ease and releasing Oberursel from his back, swinging it at the wolf with enough strength to rip through two walls, whilst electrifying the blade to ensure even a miss would still damage the creature.
"I mean, i have being fighting these things since i was 15!"

It didn't take much effort on Fionn's part to slice through armor, flesh and bone together and cut the attacking wolf in two. The dying wolf tried to let out a defeated howl before expiring yet it was unable to muster the strength.

Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 9:53 pm

Yew took her blade out of the Beowolf and wiped it off on the creature's fur. Unwinding Terror's whip from the beast, she stepped back from the corpse she had created.
It may have been a creature of Grimm, but nevertheless, Yew wasn't a killer. Not by choice, at least.
Connecting the blade and whip back into bow form, she looked at the Suited Man with sadness and anger in her eyes.

"I take it that is but the first blood I'll have to shed today?"
Back to top Go down
Scarlette Nightray

Scarlette Nightray

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:09 pm

Eleonore raised an eyebrow at the dead beowolf, disappointed that the fight had not lasted longer. She sighed a bit, looking at the others. Seeing that two others were finished with their enemy, Ellie looked to the only remaining beowolf. She noticed the lumps, but did not comment on it. The faunus girl believed it to be simply a defect of the grimm, nothing more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Fionn cracked his neck and began spinning Oberursel around on one finger through the trigger guard, it made him look somewhat like a cross between a generic Anime character and a Cowboy but that didn't matter to him, what mattered was finding out the goal of this announcer guy or whatever he was called.
"If you think one or two Beowulves are going to take a man of my caliber out you are sorely mistaken, and i'm fairly certain the two classy ladies here are atleast on my level, and i know for a fact that Blaise is, so what exactly is it you're after here?"
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 9:04 pm

Blaise smiled and noted the lumps in the armor with ease. "Aww, are you hiding something? Explosives perhaps? Or maybe something else?" she said before grabbing the hilt of her sword and tearing it off her back. With a flick of her wrist, she swung her sword in the general direction of the beowolf, wielding the sword as if it weighed no more than a dagger. As she swung, a red arc of dust flew straight at the wolf, ready to either slice it in two or burn it severely upon contact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A gameshow to die for. [Closed]    A gameshow to die for. [Closed]  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A gameshow to die for. [Closed]
Page 1 of 1