RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When Strings Meet [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 1:34 am

Shiki turned to Vega and looked at him plainly. The rain was getting heavier and the bus zoomed to the stop and made a small hissing sound as the door opened. Shiki looked back to the bus entrance.

"I think the proper term to use would be fascinating," Shiki said as she got up on the bus steps. The two found empty seats at the back since the front was now full. The bus door closed behind them and began hissed closed. As the two sat down, the bus pulled forward, its loud roar muted to a mechanical hum on the inside. Shiki pulled out a small patch of embroidery and began to sew.

"Such interesting circumstances we must be in," Shiki said. "How strange thread works, does it not?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 am

Vega didn't know what to make of Shiki's words. I'm not even sure how I feel about her. He looked down at his spools of wire with a sad sort of look, "Yes, strange in deed. So many different outcomes depending on how we use the string." As he looked at his wrists Vega could not help but make a fist and have an almost angry look on his face. In a low volume he spoke, "If we don't change the string when we have the chance it might become to late to have it the way we want it." Vega abruptly turned to Shiki with determination in his heart. I don't know how I feel about her just yet but I'm damn sure not going to keep it that way. "Shiki I have a proposition for you. What we did last night was a short term experience. What would you say if I could offer you a longer term experience with a variety of possible endings?" Vega gulped, he wasn't sure why such a plan popped into his head but this bus ride was only so long and he didn't have a chance to rethink it.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:06 am

Shiki didn't lift her eyes from her patchwork, she was working on what looked like the image of a woman hanging from a tree with her arms outstretched towards the heavens.

"Hm?" she said. "Who knows? Perhaps."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:54 am

Vega knew this was his only shot, if this didn't work everything about this girl would just be a mystery in his life. "What would you say to experience...love." Vega could barely bring the word out, it was something that was far outside his capabilities but there was something about this girl that made him do these things. "Now let me explain, for a set amount of time we are in a relationship we do what couples do umm whatever that may be and then at the end of it we could..." Vega could no longer handle it and his cheeks turned a deep red once again. Vega brought his hand to his face and turned away from Shiki bring up a finger to single for her to give him a moment. After a few calming breaths Vega turns back to Shiki an only slightly less red face. "After the time we could try last night a-again. I think it will prove for a much different experience."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 3:01 am

Shiki listened carefully and turned to Vega.

"Love?" she asked as if she didn't really know what the word meant. "Hmm...that sounds like an interesting proposal."

She straightened up and put her patchwork away before leaning back into her chair. She scooted so that there was barely any space between her and Vega and held his hand the way girlfriends and boyfriends did.

"I accept," she said. "How do we proceed from here?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:28 am

Vega was surprised by Shiki's sudden movement but after getting to know her personality he knew that this would just be something he would have to get used to. Vega squeezed Shiki's hand a bit tighter, a small part of him actually feared that she would change her mind and leave that very moment. "Well the first thing we should do would be to go on a date" Vega's expression went blank. Wait a minute I've never been on a date. There's never been any time for one. Vega looked back to Shiki who seemed to be be waiting for his answer. "We could go toooo..." Think think think. Movie? No there's no talking. Dinner? Its 7 am. Vega looked out the window trying to find some sort of inspiration when he noticed the rain had stopped and the clouds began to break letting in beams of light. Vega smiled and turned his attention back to Shiki. "I know the perfect place and its nearby." Not long after the bus would make a scheduled stop and the couple would get off. In a state of silence Vega and Shiki walked hand in hand with Vega leading the way until they reached a gate with the name, "Vale Botanical Gardens" Step 1 in a relationship talk and get to know each other. "Let's go Shiki there's something I want to show you."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:45 am

"I do not dislike plants," Shiki said plainly as she walked along with Vega, their hands intertwined. She looked around, though her hands were really itching in order to sew, she decided not to for the sake of "research". A part of her wondered what relationships were supposed to be like, but then again, this was the entire point of it.

"Am I supposed to call you a pet name like they do in books?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:09 am

Vega was starting to get used to reacting to her sudden questions. "I'm not particularly against it but I'm also not entirely sure what you would call me. If you want to do it go ahead, I don't want you to feel like you're forced to do anything." Vega and Shiki continued to walk Vega occasionally pointing looking at trees as if he were searching for something in particular. Eventually they find themselves in a section of the garden which didn't seem to have much traffic on normal days. Out of the corner of his eyes Vega finally finds what he was looking for. Between the branches of a low tree is a spider web but there is something different about this web. The web is covered with small droplets of water helping show the every little detail about the web's intricate design. When the couple look around they will notice that nearly all the trees have the same kind of webs with water droplets. "I love to come here after it rains and take in the sight of the webs." As he spoke Vega did not look at Shiki he was still entranced by the webs. "Without the water we have a very hard time seeing the web for all its beauty, its so intricate and sometimes we are near it but just pass by unaware." Vega turned to Shiki with a soft smile. "Now whenever I see the webs after the rain they will remind me of you. For three years we went to the same Academy but never noticed each other. It wasn't until the rain brought us together and I was able to clearly see how amazing you truly are."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:51 am

"String..." Shiki muttered in awe as she looked at the webs. She listened closely to Vega's words and nodded silently before turning to him, her one ruby eye looking at him intently. "String can define everything, can't it? Even this 'relationship'."

She looked at the webs for a while and the smallest smile formed on her face.

"How fascinating."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 am

Vega who had been looking at Shiki immediately turned away from Shiki as she smiled. Her smile brought an incredibly weird grin to his face as if he had made some amazing accomplishment and was filled with joy. He feared that this smile would offend Shiki and had he had shown her enough embarrassing faces already. Vega wiped the grin from his face but still had a small smile from being with Shiki. He didn't want to interrupt the beauty of webs but the sun was beginning to rise higher in the sky making the webs begin to dry a bit. Wanting to keep the memory of the web beautiful for Shiki Vega turns to her. "The day is beginning and we hardly had any breakfast. Shall we go eat somewhere?" Vega could feel himself getting frantic once more, it was always this way when he asked Shiki a question because he knew her answers were a complete mystery. He tried to keep his calm as best he could but still managed to stutter a bit, "I-If that's okay with you."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:41 am

"Well, I didn't each much for breakfast," Shiki said honestly as she continued to hold Vega's hand. "I wouldn't mind going somewhere at all."

As she would be led by Vega, she would eventually say: "Couples are supposed to know more about one another right? What can you tell me about yourself aside from what we discussed in the cafe?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:01 am

"Yes that's a good idea." Vega wasn't really sure where to begin he knew he would not discuss his time in Allemagne, nobody needed to know about that, not Shiki, not his team, nobody, that Vega was dead. Vega shook his head moving away from those thoughts. "Well I told you about being a biologist, but I also do some freelance work here and there sometimes with my team sometimes without..." Vega hesitated for a moment. I don't have much time with this girl. I have to make big steps in a small amount of time. There is no time for embarrassment. "I may be at Beacon but I don't want to be a hunter, I hate the thought of killing.I actually have a dream." This was something Vega had hinted at before to his team but never actually said at of embarrassment. "I actually want to travel the world and help people, I'd like to show people that all matter of things that may frighten such as spider, bees, and scorpions are actually wondrous creatures." With his free hand Vega rubbed his head as if trying to erase the the memory of what he just said. "I know it seems foolish but it something I've always wanted to do."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:39 am

Shiki listened carefully as they walked.

"It doesn't sound foolish at all," Shiki said. "I think it's admirable how someone can dedicate their life into showing the world there is something beautiful behind the delusion of fear. Those creatures are, indeed, quite wondrous. Especially spiders. I love spiders."

As they continued to walk, she watched as the water dried up and the sky began to clear. She looked up.

"I myself don't want to be a Huntress," Shiki admitted. "If I were to be honest, I am only using Beacon in order to get into a certain association that my father was in. It's...quite important to me."

At the mention of her father, Shiki's face actually looked saddened for a while. She lifted her finger and showed a ring.

"Very important..."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:36 am

Vega looked down at Shiki's ring, he tried hard to think and see if he had seen it somewhere else but nothing came to mind. He then chose to commit the image to memory in case he did encounter it. "You seem to be a very capable women and I'm sure you will be able to get in." Vega and Shiki continued on their path until Vega spotted the place they would be eating breakfast at. "It seems we've arrived." Looking at the sign it would read. 'Henry's' "This place happens to be a guilty pleasure of mine. Delicious food but truly the worst enemy of people on diets." The couple enter the small building which happens to be a small diner with nothing out of the ordinary. The are greeted by a hostess who leads them to a booth and hands them menu's. Vega keeps the menu down and awaits for Shiki to make a decision, having come to the location enough time to already know what he wanted. After a short while a waitress passes by , she notices the young couple and a smile crosses her face. "Well if it isn't Mr. Vega and with a girl no less. Never saw you as the type to date." She gives Vega a small wink and with an incredibly cheery voice, she directs her attention to Shiki before Vega could respond. "Honey, if Vega ever gives you some trouble just tease him a bit he's more sensitive to that than you'd think." She leans over to Vega and whispers in his ear, "She's cute, if I find out you let this one go I will skin your hide." The waitress leans back and retrieves her notepad from her apron. "Now what what can I get you two lovebirds? Vega I'll assume the usual for you." Vega's face was filled with shock and embarrassment over what just happened. "Clarisse...I-I" Vega removed his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose trying to calm down. He had forgotten how intrusive Clarisse was and was beginning to regret coming here. "Yes the usual please."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:54 am

"Waffles, please," Shiki said politely. "Three high stacks please with lots of maple syrup."

She noticed Vega's free hand and decided to put it over his. She then looked at the waiter.

"Is that what you call couples? Lovebirds?" she asked. "I thought it was just lovers. Or perhaps lovers is simply when two people have intercourse. But then again we did that too...I am confused."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:06 am

Vega face went white out of shock. Clarisse's on the other hand was a light shade of red and she brought her hand up to her mouth in surprise. "Oh my." She turned to Vega and gave an almost devilish smile before slapping him on the back. "Oh you bad boy. You absolute dog." With red still in her face she leaned in to Vega and whispered in his ear though Shiki would have been obviously able to hear it. "Maybe you should show me some time." Whether or not she was teasing would be unknown. (Though with Shiki it wouldn't really matter.) She took the menus and smiled at Shiki, "You take care of him miss. He's a little..." Vega's mouth was still agape and his white. "Fragile. And don't have too much fun you hear?" She gave Shiki a wink before heading back toward the kitchen. "Hey Pete! Guess what I just heard!"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:23 am

"Vega?" Shiki said with a calm face, as if she had said nothing embarrassing at all. "Is something the matter?"

She leaned over to and tapped him. No response. She shook him lightly before realizing he seemed to be frozen. Her eyes widened.

"Oh, dear," she said. "Is he ill? Has he gone into arrest?"

She tried to shake him a bit more, but he was still stunned looking. Shiki pondered for a bit before continuing to lean over. Her pale fingers hurriedly unbuttoned away his jacket, vest and then his blouse itself revealing his chest. She then lightly placed her palm over it.

"Well, he has a heart beat, but it sounds irregular. He's also breathing. Hmm..."

With that, her hand glowed bright yellow as a small jolting current was sent out to Vega's chest in hopes to bring him to consciousness.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:53 am

Vega jolted from the shock and his hand immediately grabbed Shiki's pulling her in a bit. Vega turned to face Shiki, "Ow what wa-" From the combination of pulling Shiki and turning to face her, Vega had accidentally brought his lips to hers in a kiss. Unlike the ones from last night, this kiss was much more innocent. It wasn't long, deep, and passionate, no this kiss was shorter, a quick peck, but so much sweeter.  Vega enjoyed the kiss for how ever long it lasted but pulled back upon realizing it was an accident. "I'm sorry I jus-" Vega's sentence was cut short, though he pulled back from the kiss he was still incredibly close to Shiki, only centimeters apart. From this distance he could clearly see Shiki's red eye which seemed to entrance him. He opened his mouth to say more or maybe to try for another kiss but was interrupted by a voice from behind the counter. "Oh my Vega. Getting undressed in a diner? Isn't it too early and too public for to do something like that?" Clarisse had been passing by when Shiki began to inspect Vega and decided to watch the show with the same grin she had when she whispered in his ear. Further into the diner a crashing sound could be heard followed by a large muscular man poking his head out the a window to the kitchen. "VEGA! You are not going to get my health certification taken away from me! GET DECENT!" Vega quickly let go of Shiki and began to rebutton his clothes, while he did so a small sound escaped his mouth, "I'm sorry about that."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:03 am

"What are you sorry for?" Shiki said with a tilted head. "I thought couples kissed. Is there only a number of times they do that?"

She sat back into her chair and pulled out her sewing patch.

"By the way, had to shock you. You were paralyzed earlier. Are you ill? Should we leave? Shall I take you back to my room?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:20 pm

"No its just that...nevermind its nothing." Vega felt foolish, he should have anticipated such a reaction from Shiki. Its going to be a long road but I'm not one for giving up. Vega relaxed a bit in his seat now that the fiasco was over and his pain had subsided. "I'm fine there's no nee to leave but Shiki people don't discuss such things as that in an open setting. Especially not by a young lady. That's an incredibly intimate thing and should only be discussed in private with the people who took part." Vega let out a sigh, he was exhausted and yet it wasn't even noon yet but a part of him was actually happy to be with Shiki. After a few more minutes Clarisse came back holding two platters. "Hello again Honeys. A stack of waffles, three high with lots of honey for the forward young lady." Clarisse puts the plate in front of Shiki. "And the usual for Vega." Clarisse gives him a wink before setting the plate down and heading toward the kitchen. In front of Vega is a stack of pancakes with some bacon and eggs on the side. On top of the pancakes however was a heart made of strawberry jam with the letters V and S inside. Vega was finally used to the embarrassment and simply smothered the jam across the pancakes.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 8:30 pm

"Smells appetizing," Shiki murmured as she sliced into the the stack of waffles. She ate it quietly before looking up at Vega.

"This is what they call dates, am I correct?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 12:26 am

Vega begins to dig into his pancakes, despite the slight headache he was now having he still loved the food. Vega finished eating his mouthful, wiped his face, and turned toward Shiki. "Yes Shiki this would be considered a date. Though there are many things that count as dates I have to say this is a preference of mine." Vega took another bite of his food and spoke once more after finishing. "In any case I would still like to know more about your life. Would you mind telling me about your teammates?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 1:09 am

Shiki thought for a moment.

"We're all quiet individuals, really," Shiki said now pondering on the realization. "One is meek and childlike. She's a fox faunus and like me, she loves teddy bears. She also speaks a foreign language. Another one is a girl who's pretty quiet, too but likes to use musical instruments. And then there's our leader, the only boy, Boniface. He's a nice gentleman and I think he might like the meek childlike one a lot. How about you?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:05 am

Vega put down his utensils and leaned back with his arms crossed. He closed his eyes and began to think. "Hmm how to describe Muzen, Malina, and Ashelynne." Vega's hands came up to his tie and he began to adjust it unconsciously. Finally the tapping stopped and Vega looked at Shiki with a deadpan look. "I live with a lazy bee, a mean scorpion, and a sheep with boundary issues." Vega broke his dead pan look and made a small smile. "But the bee tries his hardest to help those around him, the scorpion is just worried about us, and the sheep though I haven't known her very long seems to be a very kind person." Vega's smile was warm but it hid a certain silent sadness that he didn't seem to notice.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:18 am

Shiki listened carefully as she ate through her waffles. But something clicked.

"Hold on," she said. "Why are you not familiar with the last one? Weren't you all teammates since first year?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:39 am

Any hint of a smile faded from Vega's face he looked away from Shiki and stared out the window. His thoughts moved to Itzapa and how she kept popping into his head more and more as his time with Shiki increased. "We...we had another teammate, a girl. She didn't make it out of a mission some time ago. Ashelynne was a transfer student, we had a spot on our team, and she filled it." Vega removed his glasses and looked into them seeing his own reflection. Upon noticing the terrible look his face he forced himself to revert to his calm expression and turned to Shiki. "But I'm not sure that's something you would want to hear about."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 am

Shiki looked at Vega, her face slightly saddening before returning back to its normal blank expression.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Shiki said sincerely. "It must have been hard. I would like to hear more, but I will not press you on the matter if it is something you don't want to talk about."

Shiki knew that much. She had her own pains but she would rather keep them to herself and forgotten. Perhaps Vega felt the same way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Strings Meet [Closed]   When Strings Meet [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Strings Meet [Closed]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next