RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Bitter Encounter [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sumdumguy

A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Without more than a slight grimace, she took that hit to the knee with a quick stumble backwards. Before she could think much of it, she tried her best to quickly regain her posture and move back in as quickly as she could. With her sword held in front of her, she charged towards the boy whilst throwing another three knives, again with thin wires attached. She prepared for the worst, another barrage of ranged attacks, or another flurry of sword strikes. She tried her best to peer into his aura and monitor his movements, hopefully so she could outmaneuver him and actually land a blow for once.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Tyonis backflipped to regain distance as she drew a three more throwing knives. He Refracted the oncoming knives as he spun in mid-air and they sailed off to the side. He landed in a crouch, the barrel of his weapon trained on his opponent.

He came to a slow stand as he evaluated his resources again. He still had quite a bit of Violet Dust - enough for two or three more protracted melee engagements. His peripheral vision was finally returning to normal - he needed to buy time for it to recover, which was why he chose to engage her in close combat. The sudden change of pace was meant to throw her equilibrium off.

Given a moment to reevaluate the situation, it was now he finally saw the thin glint of metallic wire originating from one of the knives.

"Ho? So that's the trick," he thought eyes narrowed.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Without a second thought, Rachael pulled back on the wires which in turn caused the knives to return to the direction they came from. They were behind the boy, returning back towards him as Rachael closed in on him with her sword in front of her. The idea was to give him little time to react, so unless he had something planned, he was about to get hit. She didn't hesitate for a moment, without much thought she used the kinetic dust in her gauntlet to power her next swing to be as fast as she could make it whilst the knives flew backwards towards the boy.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:03 pm

"A two-pronged assault on my rear and face?" His hypothesis was confirmed when he saw the wires pull toward her and could sense the knives flying toward his exposed back. "Then I will also respond with a two-pronged defense!"

The sound of his gunblade's chamber whirling filled the arena for a moment as it switched to the Green setting. He pointed the blade and barrel over his shoulder, holding it with both hands as if to swing it down on his opponent as she closed the distance.

Tyonis pulled the trigger and a gale-force wind exploded from the sword's barrel to throw to blow away the knives behind him.

However it also served to vastly increase the power of his downward swing. The blast of wind not only served as a way to defend his back, but also to enhance the power of his frontal attack. Like a rocket, his sword came down on his charging opponent, propelled by a gigantic explosion of wind with such force that his lead leg cratered the concrete arena.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:55 pm

It was evident what he was going to do the moment he switched his dust setting. Rachael knew that he would swing down upon her, so she leaped far enough to her left that the wind would have no effect on her, but not far enough that she was out of range of the boy. As he continued to swing down, she thrust her sword at the boy with her still charged gauntlet, aiming for his neck. She was sure he'd dodge it somehow, but all she could do for now was try and predict his attacks.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Tyonis summoned his Aura just as the sword's tip scraped along his neck. He managed to twist his body out of the way in time to avoid a full hit, so he focused his defense on one side of his throat. But his opponent's strike was modified by the Violet Dust, so it still bit through the metaphysical shield, leaving a small cut under his ear.

Using the momentum of his gust-propelled slash combined with the twist of his body, he stepped toward her and spun hard into a 360 degree low slash, aimed at the same leg he injured before.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 7:26 pm

Having still been caught up in the momentum of her thrust, she was barely capable of escaping the slash via a quick leap overhead. The sword still caught her in the middle of her shin, leaving a long, shallow cut just below her knee. However, she was too caught up in the moment to notice too much. For as she leaped overhead, she pointed her sword at the boy's forehead, the tip merely inches away. Without hesitation, she pulled the crooked trigger on her sword. A single flaming bullet formed and was shot from the tip of the blade mere inches from his face. Should it make contact, it would hurt quite a bit but not leave any permanent marks. That is, unless he caught fire. Otherwise he'd simply get knocked unconscious.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 8:37 pm

Since Tyonis was only able to land a glancing blow, he continued his spin as his opponent jumped to evade, slashing high for a 720 degree combo. But rather than strike her in mid-air like he planned, his sword clashed harshly with hers, batting away the tip just as she pulled the trigger.

The flaming bullet shot a few inches past his ear and exploded on the floor behind him, forcing him to follow the flow of his spin to evade the subsequent explosion.

He landed in a rolling crouch and stood up, sword leveled.

Tyonis took a moment to scan the arena and scowled. They had turned the whole area into a wasteland.

With a flick of his wrist, his sword spun and was sheathed cleanly across his back. Now was the time to make his point.

"Take a look at the devastation all around you. This is the result of having no restraint. Hunters are meant to guard and protect society from the Grimm. Our very existence and purpose is rendered moot if we destroy everything around us. To defeat your opponents with only the minimum amount of force necessary is not a stylistic choice - it is how we limit collateral damage. Your excessive use of force leads to widespread destruction." He motioned to the surrounding arena.

"As a Hunter, you have a responsibility to temper your power. If it came down to just killing monsters, Humanity would just burn down every single forest with a Grimm living in it. But doing that would needlessly damage the environment." He eyed her for a moment before turning away, thumbing the cut under his ear. His Aura formed over the wound and the cut vanished. He tucked his hands into his pocket.

"If you can't understand the values of restraint and self-control after all this, then you really are just a rabid dog."

Tyonis didn't bother sparing her a glance as he walked off the arena.
Back to top Go down
Sumdumguy

Sumdumguy

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 9:12 pm

"...I agree with you. I am a rabid dog. No, seriously though, I agree." she said as she looked back at the boy. "But do you know why?" she asked, expertly flipping her sword around and switching hands mid-spin before sheathing her sword on the left of her hip. "I'm like this because of people. Not like you, specifically, but in general. I want to become a hunter so I can find a specific group of people and swiftfully remove them from existence. I told you how I can feel human emotion, and I was exposed to that for so long that I just stopped caring. Negativity is a part of people, and when one is exposed to that for a long time their mind starts to deteriorate. How do you think I got like this?

"And this destruction? I'm fine with it. I really could care less about this, or anything really. It's racist fools like you that made me into this rabid dog, so if you have anyone to blame, then blame yourself." she said. It was long winded, but she didn't care. As long as she could get a point across. They could argue about this all day, but she was sure they could agree on one thing. Now would be the best time to just drop it. With a deep breath, she released her semblance and slowly began to try and calm her nerves. She checked her supplies, pulling out bandages and beginning to apply them to the area below her knee that had been cut open. It was shallow and didn't hurt much, but it was long enough that it would take a while to heal. Not to mention her movement might get messed up on this.

She hadn't given it much thought, all she wanted to do was mess around with the guy but it turned into a full blown fight. The wounds were minor, mostly bruises and small cuts aside from the one that she got below her knee.

"By the way, for future reference. My name is Rachael Lorelei. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a certain someone I have to get to." the canine said, contempt dripping from her voice. She didn't really expect him to respond with his name, but she felt the need to mention hers at least.

Without a second thought she stood up, flexing her arms for a moment before beginning to walk towards the exit to the arena so she could finally get to her dorm room and go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lotus

Fire Lotus

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 9:19 pm

Tyonis paused and straightened his back as she said her name. It was poor form to have only one party introduce themselves. Despite disapproving of her, he still had to adhere to propriety and decorum. His integrity would allow nothing less.

"Tyonis Arks, 14th Heir to the Arks lineage of Hunters, 1st Year Student of Beacon Academy," he responded, still facing away from her. He left without another word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Bitter Encounter [Closed]   A Bitter Encounter [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bitter Encounter [Closed]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3